THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor to Redskins

The Gipper

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've given his deal to Britt and said good luck finding the deal you want. If he comes back now I hope they offer him less money than originally just for a laugh

You mean "schwartzing him"?

Love "schwartzing"... great new term...

As for TP... I still don't begrudge his shopping around. As I said a day or two ago, this is his one shot at a big money contract.

Now in WSH he just may have found a team desperate enough at WR to top us... but if they don't...

Yeah... I'd schwartz him. Resends/reinforces the message we sent to the term's namesake last year, "This FO knows what you are worth."

Plus... now with the Zeitler deal we've shown we aren't tightwads when we think the player is worth a big payday.

As for TP... I still don't begrudge his shopping around. As I said a day or two ago, this is his one shot at a big money contract.

Now in WSH he just may have found a team desperate enough at WR to top us... but if they don't...

Yeah... I'd schwartz him. Resends/reinforces the message we sent to the term's namesake last year, "This FO knows what you are worth."

Plus... now with the Zeitler deal we've shown we aren't tightwads when we think the player is worth a big payday.

Agreed. Remember this is a guy who put in a ton of work to learn a whole new position and is at the age where this will likely be his only large multi year contract of his career. I'd shop around too.

Think like Schwartz, Pryor will find the browns were right on his value. Think it'll be good in the end, as the browns will be shown to offer a good contract and given the hometown angle, Pryor will decide to sign here instead.

Saw Tori Smith went to Philly. what was his contract? thought Pryor may land in Philly..2nd team was Vikings.have no #1 but gained cap room on AP. Didn't Pryor & new GM Rick Speilman play together? Redskins? they got any cap paying Cousins tag 1st?

1140 yards of total offense plus 5TD's. I'm not prepared to hand Pryor the farm but some are writing off that kind of production too quickly.

I don't think we a writing it off but just believe that a number of players would've been able to do this.

They may be desperate enough to overpay him.

desperate hell, they don't even have a GM in skinsville to talk to when they get there :o:) So Badly, I want Rosenhaus dragging back to Sashi with his tail between his legs & Sashi saying "who's (s) wagging now". Bruce Allen is next man up with deadskins

It should really noted how "quiet" the chatter is on TP right now compared to the other top-tier FA's available (several whom we signed). It signals to me that this FO might just know what they are doing after all.

With Jeffries and Smith going to the Eagles, it helps Pryor's bargaining power with any team desperate enough for a WR. NFLN had him as the #3 best FA prospect still out there.

This was clearly a case- as I opined elsewhere Rosenhaus is thinking the contract he got for Antonio Brown set the WR market. Probably not.

As to the FO knowing what they're doing- they were clearly not being cheapskates with Pryor. Spent huge bucks on Bitonio and Zeitler- because they thought they were worth the investment. Old Drew apparently hypnotized Tyrell into thinking he could get him a way better deal than what the Browns were offering. If the Redskins don't give him what Rosenhaus is going to ask- no one will.

With Jeffries and Smith going to the Eagles, it helps Pryor's bargaining power with any team desperate enough for a WR. NFLN had him as the #3 best FA prospect still out there.

This was clearly a case- as I opined elsewhere Rosenhaus is thinking the contract he got for Antonio Brown set the WR market. Probably not.

As to the FO knowing what they're doing- they were clearly not being cheapskates with Pryor. Spent huge bucks on Bitonio and Zeitler- because they thought they were worth the investment. Old Drew apparently hypnotized Tyrell into thinking he could get him a way better deal than what the Browns were offering. If the Redskins don't give him what Rosenhaus is going to ask- no one will.

Definitely looks that way now that the day one dust has settled. The truly "hot" commodities get scooped up ASAP, and TP it seems basically has the redskins and the Browns as serious contenders.

Just another way the FO played free agency excellent IMHO. If he has to come back to the Browns they hold ALL the bargaining power.

Keep your eyes out for two teams: TEN & CHI. Rumor is Chicago is going to push hard for TP since they lost Jeffrey and Ten has not signed a wr in FA, which is one of their biggest holes. Now, If they end up getting a deal done for Cooks with NO, that could change. I still think TP is going to find the Browns were right on the money on his market value. The GM of the Bears is very similar to Sashi in that department, and he does not hand out a lot of bad contracts.

Apparently TP and Drew met again with WSH this morning...

... and again left empty handed.

"I want a $12mil/year 4 year deal for my client."

"Do you think you are talking to the Browns? Try again."

On one hand, I like the fact that our analytics department has figured out the true value of players. They set a price point, and wouldn't go over it. They basically told Pryor's camp to go out and do better, and obviously they haven't been able to. On the down side, I would've liked this deal done already. It just feels like we paid Britt the money we set aside for Pryor, and then the huge bucks for Zeitler, the center, and of course the Brock debacle. Can't see us spending any more money on offense. If we sign any other players, I see it coming on the defensive side of the ball.

well, that should humble him a bit. He finally had to admit defeat, accept less money,

and save face.

asswhole. Won't miss him. He can be replaced with a wr that won't be

bitching and yelling at coaches on the sidelines...

can't find a link though...

well, that should humble him a bit. He finally had to admit defeat, accept less money,

and save face.

asswhole. Won't miss him. He can be replaced with a wr that won't be

bitching and yelling at coaches on the sidelines...

Ya, fuck him.

Sorry for you Ohio St. guys who loved him so much, but he over-valued himself.

Appreciate the effort last year though, he'll be remembered fondly for that.

Zombo

So you leave a system where you were successful, had coaches that believed in you, and had a decent supporting cast/FO that it seems know what they're doing to get paid the same amount by a team who has a QB who doesn't want to play for them, no GM, and no other WRs??

Not making you look too smart there, Terrelle.

There has to have been a lot of misinformation reported on what we offered him. As of yesterday our offer was said to be still on the table. It's been reported by multiple sources the offer was double digit per year for four years. Something is amiss here for sure. This isn't Buckeye homerism but if we declined to beat $8MM a year shame on us.

Archived