THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor to Redskins

The Gipper

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess all that talk about reppin CLE was just spewing bullshit. Dude, let me down... more that Gordon ever has.

God I hope we get Josh back soon.

Gordon, Coleman and Britt - (Switzer)

Garrett/Trubisky @ 1&2= Pryor who?

End of the day, his agent fucked him. Kept filling his ear about how much he was REALLY worth then went out and found he was only worth that $8 million. Instead of taking the sure thing with us for the same price and alot more up front, he now has to hope to god he matches or out performs from last year.

id laugh if cousins leaves now!

Got a new QB I really want in Cleveland now :o

Watch how his body language was in the sideline this year speaking to Hue.

We watched enough of his half arrsss effort to block a bubble screen....Moving on..TP enjoy paying Tolls & sitting in traffic..Your a buckeye.."The" just quit

Guess all that talk about reppin CLE was just spewing bullshit. Dude, let me down... more that Gordon ever has.

God I hope we get Josh back soon.

Gordon, Coleman and Britt - (Switzer)

Garrett/Trubisky @ 1&2= Pryor who?

Pryor has always been a baby. It's not like he was our wr savior or anything. We have the extra 2nds now. Send 1 this year and 1 next to Nola for Cooks. Don't make the Pat's any better.

Any minute now MKC will report "we pulled our offer" and some fans will go batshit ballistic...

Here's my best guess at how the dealing went:

• We offered a multi-year package essentially identical to Britt's.
  • TP said, "I'm going shopping."
  • We said, "OK, but don't be too long. We have a need and have to start looking."
  • We looked; TP shopped.
  • We found; we called; we asked; TP said still shopping.
  • We said, "Good luck," and signed Britt.
  • The End...

With Jeffries and Jackson and Gaucon and Marshall and Smith signed, the vet WR market was drying up.

How long were we supposed to dick around waiting on TP?

Pryor has always been a baby. It's not like he was our wr savior or anything. We have the extra 2nds now. Send 1 this year and 1 next to Nola for Cooks. Don't make the Pat's any better.

Cooks plays a slot WR. Gabe mostly too..Cory Coleman is our slot WR & his future is now..Draft The next FlyinJ..."The" Zay Jones that is

Any minute now MKC will report "we pulled our offer" and some fans will go batshit ballistic...

• We said, "OK, but don't be too long. We have a need and have to start looking."
  • We looked; TP shopped.
  • The End...
With Jeffries and Jackson and Gaucon and Marshall and Smith signed, the vet WR market was drying up.

96 hours that long of a time?

96 hours that long of a time?

Not sure I'm following you, t...

Are you saying to wait another 4 days and potentially end up signing no WR and losing TP?

• We looked; TP shopped.
  • The End...

I would add Drew Rosenhaus whispering sweet nothings in his ear about how he can get him a megadeal and to hold out.

Guess we'll never find out what Gordon, Pryor and Coleman could do together... son of a bitch!

Instead of taking the sure thing with us for the same price and alot more up front, he now has to hope to god he matches or out performs from last year.

My thought exactly. He thinks he can outperform last year with a different team and then milk them for a much better contract through FA. Given how many receivers they lost and that Cousins is a far better QB than he had last year, then the chances are pretty good that strategy works. I don't blame him. It's a business.

Guess we'll never find out what Gordon, Pryor and Coleman could do together... son of a bitch!

I'm guessing they would've bitched and cried on the sidelines, after dropping a bunch of easy catches, and then made themselves feel better by smokin' a bowl load.

My thought exactly. He thinks he can outperform last year with a different team and then milk them for a much better contract through FA. Given how many receivers they lost and that Cousins is a far better QB than he had last year, then the chances are pretty good that strategy works. I don't blame him. It's a business.

Not so sure...

Pryor is their #1, doctson #2. Gonna be easy to stack the box and man up on them, as Pryor can't get off the line against press. Pryor can be schemed away, as we saw happen more than half the games last year.

Given his childish proclivities, I think his season may derail around mid season if they lose a few games and he struggles. Gruden will chew his pouting ass out.

Can see it going both ways tho. If he does well, good for him. If he doesn't, he's gonna hit clinical depression quickly.

1year deal 8 million. Why couldn't we keep him

I'd say that was the concession prize. If his ego is driving the decision he banks on being awesome this year and inking a big free agent contract next year. I'd guess he was looking for 4 years at 10-12 per from the Browns.

practicing against a Josh Norman weekly can only make Pryor a better WR period. or wished dead upon or a real crying bitchin baby will be delivered..at skins training camp TP will prefer riding that marathon hammy bike a long damn time than facing Norman in his face..Ding! Ding!

On one hand, I like the fact that our analytics department has figured out the true value of players. They set a price point, and wouldn't go over it. They basically told Pryor's camp to go out and do better, and obviously they haven't been able to. On the down side, I would've liked this deal done already. It just feels like we paid Britt the money we set aside for Pryor, and then the huge bucks for Zeitler, the center, and of course the Brock debacle. Can't see us spending any more money on offense. If we sign any other players, I see it coming on the defensive side of the ball.

Debrockle.

Sounds authoritative, but who knows...

Benjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL

I can tell you #Browns offered Pryor a multi-year deal, & a higher APY than the $6mil +$2mil in unlikely to be earned incentives he signed

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/840328267739607043?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Pryor owes the Browns at least a thank you card. He had been cut by numerous NFL teams before the Browns signed him and it seemed obvious he was never going to be an NFL quarterback. The Browns took a chance on him and worked to develop him as a wide receiver which saved his NFL career.

i heard on The Fan on the drive home Browns offered pretty much the same deal they gave Britt to Pryor even after they signed Britt but he wanted the one year deal and Browns offered 8 mil a year for 3 or 4 years...

Huge dice roll for Pryor. He really needs this year to go extremely well if he wants to get more... kind of a strange team to go to for that kinda need... Cousins isn't even a sure thing to be there?... dicey move... I think I would have taken the multi year.

3m bonus...3m salary...2m incentives. Check out the skins tweeter feed...9 second Pryor video where you can see just how pleased he is to be on DC

No reciprocity from Pryor towards Hue.

Hue basically saved his career, twice. Brought him to Cincy after Pettine let him go, and brought him to Cleveland.

Free Agency, plus Rosenhaus= anarchy.

Watch...TP ends up "back home" in Pittsburgh in 2018, after the Steelers let Antonio Brown go.

No reciprocity from Pryor towards Hue.

Hue basically saved his career, twice. Brought him to Cincy after Pettine let him go, and brought him to Cleveland.

Free Agency, plus Rosenhaus= anarchy.

Watch...TP ends up "back home" in Pittsburgh in 2018, after the Steelers let Antonio Brown go.

Would be nice for drew to get some face time about how badly he fucked up.

i heard on The Fan on the drive home Browns offered pretty much the same deal they gave Britt to Pryor even after they signed Britt but he wanted the one year deal and Browns offered 8 mil a year for 3 or 4 years...

.. I think I would have taken the multi year.

The TP year deal speaks volumes that he won't trust Haslem breathing down Hue's neck after coming off a 1-15 season..The Multi year deal had no chance imho. was there any opt out discussed in long deal? looks like he don't trust DC either

Archived