THE BROWNS BOARD

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

Tour2ma

So when is the deadline on ConnerLangford? Noon EDT?

Still round 2, so will wait... he seems to check in mid-afternoon...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so then he should be leaving multiple choices with Tour in rank order.

Will start pushing this practice harder next round. Certainly when within 2 picks of being OTC it should be doable.

Will start pushing this practice harder next round. Certainly when within 2 picks of being OTC it should be doable.

And in keeping with that... PM coming your way, Ag...

Once Conner picks to complete Rnd 3, I'm up. I have errands to do so Ag has my pick in case I'm out.

Then it's Ag and Gip... who live here...

So I expect us to get to our Brits before well before they turn in...

London, Chris, you two are back to back, please be ready... Please don't turn in with out sending a pecking order of picks to someone... me... Ag... Gip... whomever.

Here is the order for the first 19 picks in Round 3...

Round 3:

Pick (overall)
1 (65). Tour --------------Cleveland Browns ------------
2 (66). Ag-----------------San Francisco 49ers --------
3 (67). Ag ---------------- Chicago Bears ----------------

4 (68). Gipper----------- Jacksonville Jaguars --------
5 (69). Gipper ----------- Los Angeles Rams ----------
6 (70). LondonB -------- New York Jets -----------------
7 (71). LondonB -------- Los Angeles Chargers ------
8 (72). gftChris ---------- New England Pats (CAR) -
9 (73). ConnorL --------- Cincinnati Bengals -----------
10 (74). One Post ------- Philadelphia Eagles ---------
11 (75). NMopar --------- Buffalo Bills --------------------
12 (76). NMopar --------- New Orleans Saints ---------
13 (77). One Post ------- Arizona Cards -----------------
14 (78). Unsympathetic- Baltimore Ravens ------------
15 (79). PoeticG---------- Minnesota Vikings ------------
16 (80). PoeticG --------- Indianapolis Colts ------------
17 (81). Unsympathetic- Washington Redskins -------
18 (82). Mudfly ------------ Denver Broncos ---------------
19 (83). darren15 -------- Tennessee Titans -------------

Seattle.. They've needed OL help seemingly forever, yet no OL help has arrived yet. Wait, I forgot about Luke Joeckel.. just like every team he's played for.

I didn't become the GM of a top tier team because I pick solely on need.

I became GM because I picked the Chiefs and got stuck with the Seahawks as well.

we going to have Tour make the pick......if so make sure they don't take the Browns pick :)

I suspect he will make it when he gets back later today along with the Browns and mine for SF and Chicago. Heading out now for racquetball. Back in a couple of hours.

My neighbor knows more than unsympathetic and my neighbor's a postman ..... :)

Hey easy now ;) ..I've been carrying mail for 25 years..

Does he always ring twice?

Hell no. on the 1st knock in some of these hoods. you could get shot as a burglar :ph34r:

Takes one to know one, asshole.

Can we go back to commenting on picks now, or are you incapable of communicating without personal insults?

I'll apologize but as Billy Joel would say. We didn't start the fire. 1.You were asked to delete a comment in picks,than refused 2. Most don't do well, with people that have to pat them self on their own ass,besides their own back..In your own opinion Concurring both Balt. needed picks than reticulation of others picks..Good Luck..am moving on

Gumby Dammit can take over our team from here. Won't be available tonight, working all day Thursday ... and good luck getting a hold of me on Friday, Saint Patrick's Day. (Good day to be an asshat, it will probably go unmonitored)

If you need something pinned or deleted, ask Mark or Hoorta, I think they have those controls.

If you need something green to drink ... I'll be at The Pub in Naples all day Friday.

Zombo

If you need something green to drink ... I'll be at The Pub in Naples all day Friday.

Zombo

Cheers!! You do realize how many NY Giants Catholic Fans travel from NY to Fla? They all owe it to you on drafting Kizer. Have some Fun & don't ;) EDIT (T, Z does know a Temple :))

Gumby Dammit can take over our team from here. Won't be available tonight, working all day Thursday ... and good luck getting a hold of me on Friday, Saint Patrick's Day. (Good day to be an asshat, it will probably go unmonitored)

If you need something pinned or deleted, ask Mark or Hoorta, I think they have those controls.

Zombo

With the weather here, why the hell am I not there to join you?

Did we not have 2 other instant links to prospect boards besides CBS? picks now split up,could get even slower. maybe keep links in team or positions taken for quicker access? thanks

Did we not have 2 other instant links to prospect boards besides CBS? picks now split up,could get even slower. maybe keep links in team or positions taken for quicker access? thanks

I'll put links I have in first post of the Players Taken by Position thread.

Did ConnerL leave rank order picks with anyone? He's up again.

gumby sent me rank order picks for Zombo's Giants in case we get to them by later this afternoon.

PM sent to ConnerL when this was entered.

Did ConnerL leave rank order picks with anyone? He's up again.

No... at least I did not receive any. If true to form it'll be this afternoon before he'll be on again.

What I am going to do this morning is chart time between picks to drive home to folks their "contribution" to our progress... or lack thereof... and the need to message out picks.

I do have a provisional pick by One Post in a PM.

I use CBS just because it is one that I have always looked at..and to be consistent with what I put down. But certainly there are many other "prospect ranking services" out there. Any one of you are welcome to put links to those, or list the best remaining from those.

For something like ESPN's you have to pay them to get the info that I get for free from CBS...another reason I use them. If Kiper didn't charge for access to his Big Board I would probably use that. If any of you get that...please, by all means, put it up for us to see.

No... at least I did not receive any. If true to form it'll be this afternoon before he'll be on again.

What I am going to do this morning is chart time between picks to drive home to folks their "contribution" to our progress... or lack thereof... and the need to message out picks.

I do have a provisional pick by One Post in a PM.

I was going to give my picks to you with a PM in the event I was not around the board....but you decided to block me from sending you any...so, in the future all y'all may have to wait for me to make picks if the time is not right.

I was going to give my picks to you with a PM in the event I was not around the board....but you decided to block me from sending you any...so, in the future all y'all may have to wait for me to make picks if the time is not right.

Gip feel free to send them to me since I am here at various times throughout the day and evening.

And thanks for keeping up the CBS best prospects. I also use a couple of others to supplement when I have a need to fill, just in case a BPA elsewhere fills the need. I used that for Chicago's last pick of an OG.

Did that a while ago when I put your posts on ignore. As Ag pointed out there are other alternatives to getting huffy...

I'm unavailable all weekend so I will forward round 3 picks to Tour and if they're unavailable he can pick for me

Which, as I told bb, I may have to forward along with my Round three big Board as I will also not be very available this weekend. Trip delayed from two weeks ago when I had a stomach thing.

Alright... here's a list of those who have produced the longest delays thru the first two rounds and change...

• Tour (me): 13:39, 5:28 - first was primarily over nite, but I do night owl at times and sleep in.
  • LondonB: 13:27 - UK time difference
  • gftChris : 13:01, 11:41 - UK time difference
  • PoeticG: 11:03 - One very busy day?
  • ConnerL: 3:34, 9:26 - work day access restriction
  • Gipper: 4:17 - weekend, minimized by considerate look in.

Those of us that have a pattern to our delays, i.e., every one listed except PoG, need to look ahead to be sure we are messaging picks, including enough alternatives, to cover our absence. As a guideline for how far ahead to look, I'd recommend allowing for a hour per pick recognizing that consecutive picks by the same member should be considered to be one pick.

Ditto the above for anyone not listed who knows they are going to be out of pocket, e.g. bbedward who messaged me about this weekend.

Who to message? Here are the members who have proven to be most timely in posting picks.

• Ag
  • Taco
  • Flyin J
  • Gip (weekdays)
  • BnMopar
  • Mud

In other words plenty to choose from...

Let's focus on messaging the rest of Round Three and see how it goes.

If necessary, starting in Round Four, we will start making picks for those MIA...

I think the longest I have been on the clock is an hour or 2 ....... I have it open at work

2:49... but it was very late at nite, so I gave you a break... ;)

I almost doubled down on WRs for Buffalo with Dede still there,but.....

Archived