THE BROWNS BOARD

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

Tour2ma

Going to the picks. Based on CBS ranking, certain picks made so far...in first 45, can be called pretty major "reaches":

Stanley Williams RB Kentucky....not ranked in the Top 200 players

Justin Evans...TAMU SS ranked #108

Quincy Wilson CB Florida....taken in mid 1st round....ranked #77.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only problem I have is pats having no first rounder, one second, three fourths...they (and browns) really shit on the idea!

lol... if you recall, good sir, who you paired with ATL was your choice between PTG and NE...

OK folks, I went thru this thread and have made all the pick swaps that were mentioned.

• CAR getting NE's 2nd,
  • NE getting CAR's 3rd,
  • NE getting NO's 4th, which in turn is forfeited, thus restoring NE's 4th from SEA.

If there's anything else, please list it.

If a couple of you have time to peruse Rounds 3 and 4 for accuracy, I'd appreciate that as well.

Have now made 2017 changes due the Brockweiler trade...

Cleveland also will receive the Texans' 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall).

Houston will get a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 142)...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18865517/houston-texans-trade-brock-osweiler-2018-second-round-pick-cleveland-browns

People forget...they also got Osweiler.

So...we get Osweiler, a 2d rounder next year, a 6th this year..and all we give up is a 4th rounder this year. Plus they give up the money to pay him....which don't nothing to me....and is really not that big of a hit on the salary cap. Someone here earlier was saying how the Browns needed to spend a lot more to avoid fines over not spending money.

Sorry just got off from work. Is there a list with the players that are still available?

Sorry just got off from work. Is there a list with the players that are still available?

Hello there... Gip's posted a list in the pick thread.

Messaged Darren since I'm ready with the Skins pick

If you need to do something, you can PM me your pick...

With the Colts pick we took Perine the Machine! The Trent Richardson didn't work out, they have a couple runningbacks in their stable but none like Perine. Dude is a hulk and will compliment Andrew Luck tremendously. The line was beefed up with the selection of Forrest Lamp, a great run blocker, then they grab a weapon like Perine.

Then with the Vikings, whom I admit I know very little about. They are all over the place... I seriously thought about just starting all the way over- cutting Twatwater and Bradford and just starting all over... but with their first pick being a mid second rounder I decided to grab some talent where I see it. Two young corners and a couple nice players in the front seven, let's put a little talent on the backend.

Then with the Vikings, whom I admit I know very little about.

I love Williams... almost passed over Baker "knowing" Williams would be available at 2.20... good thing I did not.

As for fit? MN already has a former 1st-round pick and two-time pro-bowler, Harrison Smith, to play FS thru 2021. Really good player, but has had some injury issues. But I'm sure Zimmer can probably figure out a use for them at the same time...

With the Colts pick we took Perine the Machine! The Trent Richardson didn't work out, they have a couple runningbacks in their stable but none like Perine. Dude is a hulk and will compliment Andrew Luck tremendously. The line was beefed up with the selection of Forrest Lamp, a great run blocker, then they grab a weapon like Perine.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKEThen with the Vikings, whom I admit I know very little about. They are all over the place... I seriously thought about just starting all the way over- cutting Twatwater and Bradford and just starting all over... but with their first pick being a mid second rounder I decided to grab some talent where I see it. Two young corners and a couple nice players in the front seven, let's put a little talent on the backend.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TbND3Vxg4I

Ya I'm sure he's the greatest ever.

Colts need RT help in addition to Lamp.. Luck has been getting killed the last 2 years. Yes the Colts needed to be younger at the RB spot, but Gore had over 1000 last year and he's not slowing down. What do the Colts really need after RT? LB help.. both ILB and OLB have been below replacement-level.

Let me put that another way.. The Colts are so desperate they signed someone named Barkevious Mingo.

They also got Jabaal Sheard.

off to work & a wake. All on The Great Zombinn O' "No Pressure, No Scrubs" :lol:

Cool, I have been paying no attention at all. So someone PM me when I'm up and who my team is.

Zombo

With the Colts pick we took Perine the Machine! The Trent Richardson didn't work out, they have a couple runningbacks in their stable but none like Perine. Dude is a hulk and will compliment Andrew Luck tremendously. The line was beefed up with the selection of Forrest Lamp, a great run blocker, then they grab a weapon like Perine.

Then with the Vikings, whom I admit I know very little about. They are all over the place... I seriously thought about just starting all the way over- cutting Twatwater and Bradford and just starting all over... but with their first pick being a mid second rounder I decided to grab some talent where I see it. Two young corners and a couple nice players in the front seven, let's put a little talent on the backend.

You picked two guys in round 2 that CBS had listed as 4th or 5th rounders. FWIW

-Good pickup on Carl Lawson Mud. I was going to take him early in the 3rd if he was still on the board. I think he is closer to a late first rounder than a mid-second.

He wouldn't have... a source tells me the Steelers would have tabbed him with their 2nd round pick.

Interesting Pick you made for a SS Tour-I was looking through available SSs or CB's for you in case you were gone all day. Figured you didn't want a QB now either.

I really liked what I saw of the kid when I watched UNC for UKnowWho. And then he posted great Combine numbers...

I chuckled when I read Zerlein's write up for NFL.com about his raw aggression. Seems made for Williams' D...

Tour sent me a message saying I'm on the clock but I don't think gftChris has made his pick yet

Actually said "you are on deck"... AKA "in the on deck circle" or next up.

Chris is on the clock...

Archived