THE BROWNS BOARD

Comment Thread for 2017 Browns Board Mock...

Tour2ma

Some of these picks may not match with the team needs..

NYG aren't happy with their OL just because they were able to sign Future Hall Of Famer DJ Fluker.. they need at least 1 LB ideally 2, an OT [Fluker is at best a maybe.. if he's the answer what was the question] and a TE. Rhett Ellison isn't an answer to anything other than "Who is the 45th best player on any team" .. and someone named Johnathan Hankins needs to be resigned or replaced..

Jacksonville needs an OT, yes, and an RB seems nice.. but they really need top DE help because Dante Fowler is a bust.

Carolina needs upgrades at both OT spots and CB after someone named Josh Norman left town.. Hint: TreDavious White is available, and Atlanta needs DT help not DB so he'll be available at your spot..

New Orleans.. has arguably the absolute worst starting LB's in the league.. Two fossils named James Laurinaitis and Paul Kruger logged substantial time for them this past season.

Philadelphia.. Starts 2 CB's who wouldn't make the Browns roster, signed Alshon Jeffrey in free agency, and first round goes WR?

Indy.. Frank Gore went for 1k last season, none of their LB would take undrafted Cam Johnson's place on the Browns' roster.. and round 2 is a RB? Put it this way.. they just signed someone named Barkevious Mingo..

Tampa Bay.. They have 2 good-to-great LB's in Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David and zero safeties with NFL-caliber coverage skills.. and the first round is ILB?

Denver.. Okung signed with Chargers, so even after signing Menelik Watson, they need 2 starting OT's.. Yes, TE/WR may be usefully interesting, but they have significant holes especially with Ware retired.

Detroit.. They have Ziggy Ansah and Kenny Hyder, so I'd think their barely-NFL-caliber DT's would be the need rather than Carl Lawson in the 2. And none of their starting LB corps would make the 2017 Browns roster [Levy was released].

Oakland.. Another team needing 3 new LB's and 2 new DT's yet received none so far..

Seattle.. They've needed OL help seemingly forever, yet no OL help has arrived yet. Wait, I forgot about Luke Joeckel.. just like every team he's played for.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indy signed Barkevious Mingo and another guy named Jabaal Sheard, I'm not sure but I think they both have Superbowl Rings?

Frank Gore was old when he played for the 49ers... People act like a 1000 yards is something to be excited about, if you ain't at 1500+ see me when you step your game up.

The Colts found an upgraded line and a workhorse that will punish the defense.

...we're not done yet.

Bad timing for me - I am (hopefully) starting a new job, but it involves a shit ton of paperwork, meetings and the rest. Last night I went in for a 6pm meeting, followed by drinks, got home and crashed. Woke up this morning to see I was on the clock!

NYG aren't happy with their OL just because they were able to sign Future Hall Of Famer DJ Fluker.. they need at least 1 LB ideally 2, an OT [Fluker is at best a maybe.. if he's the answer what was the question] and a TE. Rhett Ellison isn't an answer to anything other than "Who is the 45th best player on any team" .. and someone named Johnathan Hankins needs to be resigned or replaced..

"Hey look Mom, the game comes complete with a GM Guru" :P. Yep had the choice of McCaffery or Cam Robinson? Decided on playmaker that could score some damn points.Giants can't score TD's.

You forgot Baltimore picking a DE who is an end of 4th early 5th round prospect in the 2nd

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/DE

And Baltimore actually taking 2 Defensive Ends when they have Timmy Jernigan and play a 3-4

Also Washington not addressing their biggest need at WR

You missed those 2 :)

Unsympathetic =

mel_kiper_jr-1024x538.jpg

You forgot Baltimore picking a DE who is an end of 4th early 5th round prospect in the 2nd

CBS rankings are.. not good. WalterFootball is far, far more accurate.. He'll go before the end of the second.

And Baltimore actually taking 2 Defensive Ends when they have Timmy Jernigan and play a 3-4

They need BOTH DE and rush OLB. Smoot is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. Terrelle Suggs is very old, and they cut Elvis Dumerville already.

Also Washington not addressing their biggest need at WR

One, his name is Terrelle Pryor. Two, even before their starters left, Washington's biggest need was DL because that's what failed them down the stretch.. they had to win one of their last 3 to get into the playoffs but couldn't stop the run. Three, WR isn't even one of the Redskins' top 5 offseason needs. [new ILB, new OG, new backup RB]. They still have Crowder by the way.. and Doctson, their rd1 WR pick last year who was injured all 2016 but is cleared for 2017.

Great... another "rum thread."

Yo ho ho. Besides next week I get a bottle of Ron Cartavio XO 18 y.o. rum for my 70th birthday. 2016 Double Gold Medal, Best Extra-Aged Rum and Best Rum, San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Yummy!

Jacksonville needs an OT, yes, and an RB seems nice.. but they really need top DE help because Dante Fowler is a bust.

I did my research on this every bit or more than you have. Jags have just acquired several pieces on defense..and it is their offense that was far more deficient...ergo the choice of a RB and an OT. They can also use a TE. As for defense...they need a DT more than they need a DE or OLB....and there was no DE worthy of the pick where they were choosing. I am not going to go down and take a guy that is considered to be a 4th rounder and take at the top of round 2.

So...if we are in to second guessing I must ask: why do you pick your nose and eat it so much?

CBS rankings are.. not good. WalterFootball is far, far more accurate.. He'll go before the end of the second

Ignorant statement. Any service you get is just someone's opinions. And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. You are endowed heavily.

The only opinions that count are the collective 32 opinions of the NFL front offices.

Ignorant statement. Any service you get is just someone's opinions. And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. You are endowed heavily.

Takes one to know one, asshole.

Can we go back to commenting on picks now, or are you incapable of communicating without personal insults?

Takes one to know one, asshole.

Can we go back to commenting on picks now, or are you incapable of communicating without personal insults?

I can...but why should I? When you insult someone else do you really not expect them to retaliate in kind? You reap what you sow.

New Orleans.. has arguably the absolute worst starting LB's in the league.. Two fossils named James Laurinaitis and Paul Kruger logged substantial time for them this past season.

New Orleans needs DEFENSIVE HELP AS BAD IF NOT WORSE THAN US!!!! Both picks have been used on the D side of the ball....sorry my whole life doesnt revolve around this draft....The only only thing worse than NO LBs is their DBs live and learn :-| ¿¿¿¿¿¿

Archived