THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

17 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is cold today 68.  White Chicken Chili season 

It's warming up today about 72° but will be really warm later in the week to near 80...... we're going to do the Thompson's water seal on the deck.  BUCKEYES are on now, BROWNS Sunday at 4:05 !

But any weather is chili weather.   :D

23 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

68 cold? Even in San Diego that ain't cold.

Haha…It’s Actually pretty cold given the fact it is October.  September/October it is dry and hot and in the middle of fire season.  At least I pretended it was cold breaking out a windbreaker and eating chili 

• Haha 1

I was just thinking about what we are planning for our coming GAMEDAY WEEKEND MEALS and I got this email.   We haven't had a Jersey Mike's PORTABELLO MUSHROOM SANDWICH in a long time   -plus-  there's a 90% chance of rain on Saturday which kinda puts a damper on outdoor picnics and grilling.

Oh the power of advertising.  😛

portabella-sub-reg.png

• Upvote 1

We saw this dish yesterday  for CLASSIC SCALLOPED CHICKEN and plan on having it soon.   Now that the fall soup, stew and casserole season is actually here this is a perfect recipe for a GAMDAY dinner or a party side dish  -or- a quick and easy family meal.  And check out the extra links at the bottom of the page for more ideas.  

SERVES. 6   COOK TIME  40  MINUTES.   https://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Classic-Scalloped-Chicken-1765

We've got good news! You can stop worrying about what you're having for dinner tonight, because this Classic Scalloped Chicken is the best thing on the menu. There's no need to get jittery because this easy casserole recipe is ready in no time, and totally willing to be a part of your weeknight dinner plans. Get ready for something hot and delicious everyone will love! 

What You'll Need

• 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 stick (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
  • 3/4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
  • 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
  • 1/2 cups instant rice

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté chicken 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
  3. Remove from heat and add broth, gravy, mushrooms, peas, pimientos, and rice; mix well. Pour into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven, uncover, and stir well. Bake, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender. Serve immediately.

Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Classic-Scalloped-Chicken_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215853.jpg

Last weeks game day food at my house went south of the border  Rich spicy Asado de Chile Colorado with a double cheese and onion enchilada. I used the Blackstone griddle to toast the arbol and guajillo chiles, sauté the onion and brown a cubed 10 lbs pork butt. Chiles simmered in chicken broth  and then blended with the onion and broth for the amazing red sauce. Cumin, garlic, Mexican oregano, smoked paprika , bay leaf, sea salt , a little touch of peanut butter and a tiny splash of vinegar round out the flavors. Simmered for a few hours until the pork was melt in your mouth tender. Enchilada is 100% cheddar shell filled with shredded pepper jack and onions. One of my all time favorite meals.

F3833F8B-1958-4D03-B3E8-7F01FA8A37DE.jpeg

FDC3DC9A-2E09-4DE4-B5C4-F85A73979EDC.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent !  And you do eat and enjoy with all of your senses,  nice pictures also.

Bon appetit my friends and try something new once in awhile !   

• Thanks 1

Try this a BACON-BARBEQUE SLOPPY JOE and only in 20 minutes ?  Oh yeah so easy and sounds great for GAMEDAY  or any family get-together.  And check out the additional tips below.

SERVES 4.   COOK TIME. 20 MINUTES.   Need more just multiply the recipe.  https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Barbecue-Joe-6107

One bite is all it will take to realize we've got the best Sloppy Joe recipe around. We got rid of the same old Joe taste and instead used a savory barbecue sauce, mixing in crumbled bacon, for an extra bold flavor. Because our Bacon-Barbecue Joe's are a make-ahead meal, you can easily serve them up in place of the same ol' burgers at your next backyard summer bash!

What You'll Need

• 5 slices bacon
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 hamburger buns, toasted

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then crumble.
  2. In the same skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, breaking up clumps as it cooks; drain off any excess fat. Add crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
  3. Spoon over toasted buns and serve.

Before You Start Cooking!

• If you want more patriotic dishes, try our Simple Labor Day Recipes! They work great for the 4th of July too!

• These Foil Dinners for Oven, Grill or Campfire will put you into the warm sunshine this summer.

• Fun Fact!There are actually two different versions of how the Sloppy Joe came to be. One story claims that it was born in an iconic club in Cuba, which is named Sloppy Joe's Bar. The second story claims that a line cook named Joe, from Sioux City, Iowa, one day decided to put some tomato sauce on his loose meat sandwich, and the rest is history. Whoever created it, we sure are glad they did!

Bacon-Barbecue-Joe_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1029814.jpg

Lately on Saturdays 'round here it's been https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu. During the season

Their Original Italian (#13) a reall clean, great sub puts anything Subway makes to shame. Add a bag of chips... Crunchy Cheetos here, please.

Plus they have hot sammies as well... Had an OK Philly Cheese. I hear the meatball is very good.

As for home made? Getting to Fall here so that means Tamale time. I braise pork butt(s) Carribean style, but the transition to TexMex is easy... I watch the wife do it. :D

• Upvote 1

Oh yes Jersey Mike's I like the #56 Big Kahuna Cheese Steak or the #3 The American Classic   -and-   their brownies and cookies are pretty good.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:47 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

A hot buttered cheese steak I could live with that.  We live in "restaurant alley" here in Boardman Ohio with about 60+ eating places within about 3 miles (+/-).  They look saturated in the Cleveland area but the closest to us is my old hometown of Niles Ohio.    Still a good looking sandwich........

cheesesteak.png

On 10/27/2021 at 3:41 AM, Canton Mike said:

Jersey Mike's? Yep, the Original Italian done "Mike's Way". That's this households' favorite sub.

After a couple really good #13s their way... I customized one the way I used to fix "Subways' "... and made the Jersey Mike's less good.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

After a couple really good #13s their way... I customized one the way I used to fix "Subways' "... and made the Jersey Mike's less good.

Been there, done that & since, it's been "sticking with the ol' standard" for me.

Wife goes off to watch Grandkids tonight. I was debating about what to eat....It's off to Jersey Mike's I go. Thanks for the reminder!!

Mike

• Upvote 1

Found a recipe online that mimics Lawson's Chip Dip. Not available at my Circle K... :( Recipe is semi-close, but needs work... 

Ribeye sliders are coming...

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Found a recipe online that mimics Lawson's Chip Dip. Not available at my Circle K... :( Recipe is semi-close, but needs work... 

Ribeye sliders are coming...

fyi....A circle K manager recently told me Lawson's dip is going NATIONAL! WHEN is anybody's guess. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:36 PM, Canton Mike said:

fyi....A circle K manager recently told me Lawson's dip is going NATIONAL! WHEN is anybody's guess. 

Sweet...

Simply the best...

And ended up going with Mild Itlain sausage sliders with onions and mushrooms.

• Like 1

Wednesday early dinner at 5 pm,  wife stopped by Jersey Mike's  and she had the portabello and swiss with a chocolate chip cookie 🍪. Delicious.

I had my favorite the #56 Big Kahuna with a brownie it was good but next time I might get the portabello.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now this GAMEDAY Saturday and Sunday it's going to be up around 60 and I think it's going to be steaks on the grill oh yeah that sounds good.  :wub:

This Sunday or maybe Monday we are having some good looking Delmonico steaks 🥩 on the grill but before that CHILI !

ITALIAN-STYLE CHILI POT We went shopping today and are making a big pot for plenty of leftovers,  great for GAMEDAY or any get-together.  And see below for helpful tips and links.

SERVES  8   COOK TIME  50 MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Chili/Beef-and-Sausage-Chili-5999

Our Italian-Style Chili Pot is always a welcome recipe, especially during the colder months. It's so versatile you can serve it over pasta, or if you're on-the-go try putting some into an over-sized mug! Made with lean ground beef, and, of course, the oh-so-yum Italian sausage, this recipe is bursting with flavor and will warm ya up from the inside out. 

What You'll Need....we also add cut up green peppers.

• 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
  • 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

What to Do

1. In a soup pot over high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 5 minutes; add onions and garlic and cook 10 minutes more or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
  2. Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

★ Test Kitchen Tip 

•   ★ Top with all your favorite chili toppings from shredded cheese to chopped onions and sliced jalapeno peppers. Oh, and when it comes to the sausage, you can make that as mild or spicy as you’d like. After all, it’s your chili. 

• For more warm-ya-up chili recipes, check out our hearty Bread Bowl Chili and, for game day, our Champion Chili Cheese Dip is sure to be a winner! 

• We've got the best chili dippers around! Try out our Buttery Pilgrim Biscuits, of, if you want a bit of a bite, try our Jalapeno Cheese Biscuits

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.primecp.co 

For the best chili recipes around, make sure to download our free eCookbook!

World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love
  • Upvote 1

The chili is on with our slight modifications like green peppers and mild Italian sausage for the wife but you can use hot if you like.

Went to Rulli Brothers in Boardman 1 mile from our house for the ingredients like the Italian bread 🍞.

Friday night chili dinner,  Saturday leftovers for the Ohio State game....... and maybe some left for the 1 pm BROWNS game.

Sunday or Monday two nice Delmonico steaks 🥩 on the grill.

Bon appetit everyone and  GO BROWNS !

And again here's the definition of Bon appetit:

bon ap·pé·tit      /ˌbōn ˌapəˈtē/      exclamation    •   used as a salutation to a person about to eat.

: good appetite : enjoy your meal.

exclamation. (also bon appetit)    • a phrase, originally from French, meaning "good appetite," said to someone who is about to eat, meaning "I hope you enjoy your food"

On 11/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, mjp28 said:

Wednesday early dinner at 5 pm,  wife stopped by Jersey Mike's  and she had the portabello and swiss with a chocolate chip cookie 🍪. Delicious.

I had my favorite the #56 Big Kahuna with a brownie it was good but next time I might get the portabello.

The portabello is next on my list as well, but every time I have gone away from the #13, Mike's way, I have regretted it.

Later ... omelette is ready to flip... :D

• Like 1

Today it's whole wheat dill, sea salt & olive oil Triscuits followed by La Madeliane Tomato Basil Soupe. Tomorrow it will be Lipton's instant noodle chicken broth soup followed by a gallon of Lemonade mixed into Golytely dry concoction specifically made to prep one for that most lovely of procedures Monday morning.......................the dreaded Colonoscopy.  😱🕳️

Monday night I'm heading to Raising Cane's for fried chicken fingers and white gravy dip. Now we're talkin'!!!😋😂

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Today it's whole wheat dill, sea salt & olive oil Triscuits followed by La Madeliane Tomato Basil Soupe. Tomorrow it will be Lipton's instant noodle chicken broth soup followed by a gallon of Lemonade mixed into Golytely dry concoction specifically made to prep one for that most lovely of procedures Monday morning.......................the dreaded Colonoscopy.  😱🕳️

Monday night I'm heading to Raising Cane's for fried chicken fingers and white gravy dip. Now we're talkin'!!!😋😂

I heard there chicken sandwich is pretty good, but never tried it.  Have a Raising Cane's probably a mile away.