THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Well some delicious leftover chili for the BROWNS game !

Delmonico steaks before MNF tomorrow.

GO BROWNS !  Bon appetit.  :D

On 11/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, mjp28 said:

Wednesday early dinner at 5 pm,  wife stopped by Jersey Mike's  and she had the portabello and swiss with a chocolate chip cookie 🍪. Delicious.

I had my favorite the #56 Big Kahuna with a brownie it was good but next time I might get the portabello.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now this GAMEDAY Saturday and Sunday it's going to be up around 60 and I think it's going to be steaks on the grill oh yeah that sounds good.  :wub:

kept it easy this morning french toast sausage and white russians 

On 11/7/2021 at 1:31 PM, mjp28 said:

Well some delicious leftover chili for the BROWNS game !

Delmonico steaks before MNF tomorrow.........★ changed to Atlantic Salmon MNF.    Delmonico steaks Tuesday ♥️

GO BROWNS !  Bon appetit.  :D

We used the above  ◆  ITALIAN-STYLE CHILI POT RECIPE  ◆   this time and it was really good especially with the Italian sausage mixed in with the ground beef....... my wife doesn't care for the hot sausage or peppers.   I also like to use Tabasco sauce or occasionally Frank's Red Hot ♥️ Sauce for a nice kick up (I can drink Frank's out of the bottle probably not smart).  And a loaf of Italian from Rulli's Italian Market...... very good.

also like dolops of sour cream on/with chili, perogies, haluski and other dishes delicious.  And remember to try something new once in awhile.

Bon appetit !

Yes it's soup, stew and casserole season and of course football GAMEDAY  season !   How about a nice warm bowl or thermos with some   ◆ GOOD OL'  CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP ◆   maybe with some fresh Italian bread and butter or crackers.   Or at a football game with a few sandwiches or family get-together it's really mmmm-mmmm good.   And check ✔️ out the tips and links below.

SERVES  8   COOK TIME  2 HOURS.    https://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Chicken-Noodle-Soup-432

There's nothing like a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup when the sniffles strike, but the great thing about our Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup? Not only does it warm you from the inside out, but we like serving it over some home-style noodles that you can pick up in the freezer aisle. It turns this soup into a hearty meal that will help you feel good all year long! 

What You'll Need

• 1 (3- to 3 ½-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces  ◆
  • 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 12 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons chicken base
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups frozen homestyle egg noodles

What to Do

1. In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except noodles and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until chicken easily falls off the bones. 
  2. Remove chicken from pot and allow chicken to cool slightly. Remove and discard skin and bones and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
  3. Return chicken to the pot, add noodles, and cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Test Kitchen Tip

We've got a couple of useful tips today!

• If you’re not sure what chicken base is, you’ll find it in your market near the chicken bouillon. It comes in a jar and adds a real richness to the broth.

• Now, as for the noodles, those come frozen and are an old-fashioned style noodle that you can add right to your soup without having to boil them first, since they come pre-cooked. 

• If you need a delicious dipper for this recipe, we recommend our Parmesan Onion Board for a combo of flavors you're going to love! 

• For more chicken noodle soup recipes, check out our Homemade Chicken Soup and the Best Noodle Soup Ever!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.primecp.co 

For more comforting soups and stews to warm you up, download our free eCookbook!

Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes

Chicken-Noodle-Soup_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2904779.jpg

What was Elvis's favorite snack ?  You probably guessed it a  ◆  PEANUT BUTTER, BANANA and BACON SANDWICH  ◆    ummm-mmm . Maybe for your next GAMEDAY?  Well the king liked it.  And for more Elvis stuff see below.

SERVES 4   COOK TIME  10  MINUTES need more just multiply.      https://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Elvis-Favorite-Snack

When the King had a craving, you could bet it was usually for a peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich. But don't be fooled. While most of us might consider this a meal, it was just Elvis' Favorite Snack -- anytime of the day.

What You'll Need

• 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 8 slices home-style white bread
  • 2 large bananas, peeled
  • 8 slices of warm, cooked bacon
  • 2 tablespoons butter

What to Do

1. Spread equal amounts of peanut butter over 4 slices of bread. 

2. Cut bananas in half crosswise then slice each piece lengthwise into 3 pieces. Place 3 slices of banana over peanut butter, then top each with two slices of bacon. Top with remaining slices of bread.

3. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat and place two sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes then turn  sandwiches over and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until golden.

4. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve immediately.

Notes

• If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out  "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you! 
  • NOT the best sandwich picture below..... vvvvv.

Elvis-Favorite-Snack_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1330161.jpg

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

any good meatball recipes  out there 

Not a particular recipe…you could actually find some good stuff online…Ive watched bobby flay make meatballs on Food Network…looked amazing.

I do a few things.  I don’t use bread crumbs I get a small French loaf and shred up the bread and use it instead of bread crumbs.

I also add some liquid smoke to the meat and finish the meatballs with some grated Parmesan cheese. 

And just make sure they are all rolled the same size so they cook evenly. 

• Thanks 1

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I want to thank you all  for your interest and input in helping the FAVORITE GAMEDAY FOOD thread grow since November 5, 2017.

OVER 2,400 replies and  50,000 views !

Thanks again and Bon Appetit to you all.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well do we need to ask what's for dinner today ?    Surprisingly there are a lot of people who enjoy a variety of foods...... some don't even like turkey 🦃 !

Just the two of us this year everyone is scattered all over but I like my Thanksgiving staples:

Turkey thighs this year,  mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing  (a must), my wife's delicious green 💚 bean mushroom casserole and her desserts,  plus the usual go alongs to last awhile.

SO how about you ?    Bon appetit.

My wife's dinner was fantastic she can cook !   Topped off with her own homemade sweet potato pie ummm-ummm.  :D

20211125_220128.jpg

Any good turkey 🦃 day stories out there either around the table or elsewhere ?

Just the two of us this year, Facebook chatter, here and a few phone calls and of course football..... kind of s relaxing/boring/kickback holiday.

BUT we were breaking in two new black Friday TVs that was kinda cool.   Plus I'm getting ready to get my new black Friday 10½" Samsung Galaxy S6 128 GB tablet ready to go online this weekend...... replacing this old one with a bad keypad which has been driving me nuts !

A delicious but boring week huh.   :huh:

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Any good turkey 🦃 day stories out there either around the table or elsewhere ?

Just the two of us this year, Facebook chatter, here and a few phone calls and of course football..... kind of s relaxing/boring/kickback holiday.

BUT we were breaking in two new black Friday TVs that was kinda cool.   Plus I'm getting ready to get my new black Friday 10½" Samsung Galaxy S6 128 GB tablet ready to go online this weekend...... replacing this old one with a bad keypad which has been driving me nuts !

A delicious but boring week huh.   :huh:

good food  football and new toys sounds like a great day

From the easy and classic department........

THE ORIGINAL POTATO SALAD,  a good old recipe from our recipe file 7-3-2013.  I was cleaning out my old email and recipe files and found this gem.  Good for GAMEDAY, get-togethers,  picnics,  family meals or whenever.  It's so simple and delicious,  we now use Berman's mayonnaise but whatever you like is ok..,... Miracle Whip ?

Ingredients

• 2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
  • 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)

Directions

1. Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
  2. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

IMG_0005.jpg

• Like 1

Oh BTW I think that the above recipe is called the HELLMANN'S POTATO SALAD recipe.  Just FYI.  ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Indeed an old one.

donatos pizza I had it once but cannot remember if it was good or not i havnt been back home in years and my go to was tommys pizza Reason i ask is because they have hooked up with red robin and i can get it here in oregon city  so would i just be wasting my time ?

This weekend's menu is.......

Saturday -  keilbassi on the grill with veggies and other fixings........OH MY WIFE SURPRISED ME WITH ALDI'S GERMAN SAUERKRAUT DOCTORED UP HER WAY ON A BUN WITH MUSTARD AND TABASCO SAUCE .....  DELICIOUS !   AND WITH SOME TATER TOTS, YUM.  :)

Sunday - marinated and grilled Atlantic Salmon with asparagus, artichokes, olives and whatever.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ ±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±± ÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ ±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

And for a nice snack:

Here's something different from me here  SUGAR 'n' SPICE NUTS  🥜🥜  for the holidays or GAMEDAY !  Looks good and you save by making them yourself.   And see below for other snack recipes.

MAKES 3 CUPS    COOK TIME  18 MINUTES      https://www.mrfood.com/section/this-week

Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season. 

What You'll Need

• 1 cup cashews
  • 1 cup pecan halves
  • 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 egg white, beaten slightly
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper...... might be an option for some people
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, combine cashews, pecans, and peanuts. Add egg white and toss until evenly coated.
  3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
  4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
  5. Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Notes

• If you absolutely love snack mix recipes, then you have to check out this collection of Super Snack Mix Recipes! There's something for everyone or just for every occasion! 

• If you're looking for something that's more holiday snack specific, check out our Munch and Crunch or--and this is sure to be a hit--Snowman Poop!

• What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below! 

• Check out our recipe for Red Cinnamon Popcorn

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.primecp.co 

For more holiday cheer, download our free eCookbook! 

Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts

Sugar-n-Spice-Nuts_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1063382.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well it's going to be kind of warm and windy for December in NE OHIO so it's grilling time !

Saturday we got some really nice looking 80/20 ground beef so it will be ◆  cheeseburgers on the grill !  ◆     And green table onions and the usual fixings.

Sunday either cheeseburgers II or maybe chicken quarters on the grill.    TBD on both kind of like flex scheduling on the grill during or after the BROWNS' game.  :D

Either way bon appetit !

11 minutes ago, ATOM said:

i grilled a pastrami swiss and rye 

Haven't had pastrami Swiss cheese on Jewish rye and French's mustard for awhile.  Mmmmmm. 

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Haven't had pastrami Swiss cheese on Jewish rye and French's mustard for awhile.  Mmmmmm. 

it was awesome but i use goldens brown mustard and i  am celebrating the win with a white russian

30 minutes ago, ATOM said:

it was awesome but i use goldens brown mustard and i  am celebrating the win with a white russian

That's the great thing about mustards so many ways to make your sandwiches taste so good l. 

Grey poupon, spicy brown,  horseradish, Golden's, and even plain ol' French's we always have a selection in our frig.

Adds to the  Bon appetit !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That's the great thing about mustards so many ways to make your sandwiches taste so good l. 

Grey poupon, spicy brown,  horseradish, Golden's, and even plain ol' French's we always have a selection in our frig.

Adds to the  Bon appetit !

I think it's ....

prod_ec_1565316602??hei=64&wid=64&qlt=50

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I think it's ....

I think you are correct.  I haven't tried it in a long time the 5 mustards and of course recipes are available online.    https://www.guldens.com

Screenshot_2021-12-12_223423.jpg