THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Long ago the one by us was great, waiting lines from one to two not uncommon but now like many other restaurants like the Olive Garden,  Longhorn Steakhouse and others not so great.  

I suspect the   "HELP WANTED"   situation everywhere has a lot to do with that.  The lack of good qualified help is a big problem even with cooks and servers.

Of that type of steakhouse, I like Longhorn the best.

The problem IMO is that "mid range" steakhouse is getting squeezed out.  Costs keep going up, so to keep prices in that mid range, quality or portion has gone down.  In this country you can't fool with portion too much as many equate portion and quality with the same eye.

If you go to the budget steak house, you go in understanding what you are going to get.  Outback and the others made their mark by selling a decent steak at a decent price.

The problem is you can't get a decent steak at a decent price anymore.  If you want a good steak, you end  up paying $50-60 minimum , ala carte.

Well, I'm not an expert on steaks, but we love Texas Roadhouse. But costs are going up - prices are as well, as a rule.

I'd raise cattle for beef, but the girls will give them names and beef will not be allowed to happen. lol.

Maybe I will raise pheasants...... used to hunt those back in the day - they were terrific.

8 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Of that type of steakhouse, I like Longhorn the best.

The problem IMO is that "mid range" steakhouse is getting squeezed out.  Costs keep going up, so to keep prices in that mid range, quality or portion has gone down.  In this country you can't fool with portion too much as many equate portion and quality with the same eye.

If you go to the budget steak house, you go in understanding what you are going to get.  Outback and the others made their mark by selling a decent steak at a decent price.

The problem is you can't get a decent steak at a decent price anymore.  If you want a good steak, you end  up paying $50-60 minimum , ala carte.

The last time when I called to put our order in for pick up I WAS REALLY MAD they dropped my absolutely favorite  sandwich out there "The Maverick"  a prime rib delicious sandwich.   And we have several gift cards there.

Plus the loaded potato soup was so plain and barely half filled..... I used to really like it.   Needless to say it was a disappointing meal for me. My wife's meal was ok.  Longhorn just moved down a notch on my list  -but-  I will give them another chance before long.  

You never want to judge a restaurant by one  "notsogood"  experience and I do chalk it up to the endless  "HELP WANTED"  signs ..... everywhere.  A definite C- meal from me being generous.   mjp.

17 minutes ago, syd said:

i go to ruth chris everytime we make the trip to seattle or those on the east coast also ?

Yes but none around us in our corner of NE OHIO.  I've heard good things about them.

12 hours ago, syd said:

never been let down a great place to have a meal

It is....but now you are getting in to the top end chain steak houses.  That is where it is usually ala carte pricing and the average plate price for a full meal starts jumping upward of $75 a meal.  We have a Ruth's in town and my wife and I eat there 6-7 times a year.  Great place, but it is rare my wife and I get out of there for  under $200, not counting tip.

Just like I won't compare steak night at Golden Corral to Outback, you can't compare Outback to Ruth's, or Morton's or several other of the top end chains.

Now, I just usually go over to Mainstreet Meats and pick out a couple of prime steak and cook them at home. We eat there as well.

[url]Southside Chattanooga Restaurants & Butcher - Main Street Meats - Main Street Meats (mainstreetmeatschatt.com)

Time for another winter  (or any season)  meal and good for before,  during or after any  • GAMEDAY  °  or family favorite meal.  

Another one of our absolute best  "go to"  meals in our chicken recipe collection.  Our  CRAZY GOOD ROSEMARY CHICKEN !   This is a good chicken brest in a skillet on the stove recipe.  We also occasionally like to mix in some dark pieces and adjust the recipe some, it's your choice.  And don't forget to check out the Notes and chicken recipes below you won't be disappointed.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

SERVES 4   COOK TIME  1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES 

You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!

•  What You'll Need ... (in ours we may add dark meat and adjust contents)

• 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts  ( NOTE sometimes add dark and adjust) 
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Zest of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (from our herb garden, ummm-ummm) 
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

•  What to Do

1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper, pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a fork, poke chicken several times (this helps the marinade penetrate the chicken).
  2. In a large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon oil, the salt, pepper, lemon zest, garlic, and rosemary. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
  3. Coat the chicken breasts in flour. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot; cook chicken breasts 5 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a platter and cover to keep warm.
  4. In the same skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook onion 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add lemon juice, wine, and mustard; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve chicken topped with sauce.

▪︎ Notes:  If you like this recipe, then you should check out our collection of   Tasty, Quick, and Easy Chicken Recipes

★  Up Next: check this out.

Crazy-Good-Rosemary-Chicken_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2526243.jpg

• Upvote 1

~  AND  ~  If you loved the above   ROSEMARY CHICKEN  you will love the very quick and easy  CHICKEN RECIPES  in our  NOTES.   

*  AND  *   my all time favorite quick and easy    FRIDAY NIGHT ROASTED CHICKEN    mmm-mmm  which is my Sunday  -or-  anyday  amazing meal.   You can cook like a great chef  (we won't tell how quick and easy it is  ONLY 3 STEPS ! ).  

Great cooking quick and easy recipes  right here  and even easy clean up !    🏈  Oh yeah right here. 🏈

Bon Appétit  everyone.    ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

◆  Well Super Bowl LVII is just days away,  so what if anything do you have planned for the big day ?    Here's a great idea and it's quick and easy    -and-   delicious  !      🏈

This is it the really delicious and so easy,  serves 12 in about 20 minutes oh yeah.  • GAMEDAY • ROAST BEEF SLIDERS • .  I did put something similar SLIDERS recipe to this one a few years back but I like this one.  Did I mention easy ?  And check out the other  • GAMEDAY • favorites below.     😆

SERVES  12   COOK TIME  20 MINUTES 

This roast beef recipe is the game day half-time treat you've been looking for! Made with Hawaiian-style rolls, thinly sliced deli roast beef, provolone, and--we love this part-- it's topped with roasted red peppers! They'll be gone long before the game comes back on. Our Game Day Roast Beef Sliders will definitely steal the half-time show.

▪︎ What You'll Need .... in a quick trip to your deli or store.

• 1 (12-count) package Hawaiian sweet rolls
  • 1 (6.5-ounce) container refrigerated garlic-herb cheese spread
  • 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef.  (▪︎Or be generous 1½ pound)
  • 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red pepper strips, drained and patted dry, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
  • 6 slices provolone cheese
  • 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
  • 3/4 cup crispy fried onions

▪︎ What to Do ...... in just 3 steps !

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Slice rolls in half all at once (do not separate them) and spread both halves of the cut sides with garlic-herb cheese spread. Place bottom half of rolls on baking sheet and top with roast beef, red pepper strips, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle with seasoning and top with fried onions. Place the top half of rolls over fried onions and cover with aluminum foil.
  3. Right before serving, bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Slice between the rolls; this way it’s nice and easy for everyone to grab their very own slider.

▪︎ Game Day Favorites

Roast-Beef-Slider_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2905588.jpg

*  MY SUPER BOWL 57  • GAMEDAY  •  BEFORE GAME MEAL  with plenty of LEFTOVERS ! *

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎   🏈   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

♥︎   On the  Grill  this warm sunny  50°+   Super Bowl Sunday afternoon  :  ♥︎

BallPark FRANKS  ▪︎  Chicken and Pork  

HILLSHIRE FARM  CHEDDARWURST  100%  Premium Pork 

HILLSHIRE FARM  POLSKA KEILBASA  100%  Premium Pork 

With my wife's delicious sauerkraut,  French's yellow mustard and a splash of Tabasco on hotdogs  🌭 buns.

And some guacamole with various chips and other sides for Sunday and Monday and beyond. 

So   Bon Appétit  !    And enjoy your Super Bowl LVII  weekend.    :D

• KC  30  PHI  27 •   My final 2023 pick.   

• Upvote 2

I'm in charge of smoking some chicken wings today for a friend's party. 

• Dry the wings out
  • Pour some olive oil on them, slosh around
  • Add your favorite rub or salt & pepper
  • Pecan chips
  • Smoke at 225* for 2 hours
  • Crisp 'em up on the grill after smoking, maybe 5-10 minutes tops
  • Put your favorite sauce(s) on 'em & serve

Woof woof, KC 35  Philly 16

PXL_20230212_180433876.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm in charge of smoking some chicken wings today for a friend's party. 

• Dry the wings out
  • Pour some olive oil on them, slosh around
  • Add your favorite rub or salt & pepper
  • Pecan chips
  • Smoke at 225* for 2 hours
  • Crisp 'em up on the grill after smoking, maybe 5-10 minutes tops
  • Put your favorite sauce(s) on 'em & serve

Woof woof, KC 35  Philly 16

PXL_20230212_180433876.jpg

I’m doing the same and Pecan Wood chips too.  I’m cranking the temp just a bit more in more electric smoker I want the skin a little crispy.  

I like that BBQ idea at the end.  

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m doing the same and Pecan Wood chips too.  I’m cranking the temp just a bit more in more electric smoker I want the skin a little crispy.  

I like that BBQ idea at the end.  

Yeah sometimes the wings turn out "rubbery" so a friend of mine suggested the grill at the end. My friends & family like it, yay lol.

27 minutes ago, syd said:

hell ya

and i cheated got the wings from popeyes but damn they good

I get it, sometimes you just got to get the wing fix elsewhere. 

When I make them, I feel like I accomplished something, so I'll have an extra beer or 3 lol

• Haha 1

♥︎   On the  Grill  this warm sunny  50°+   Super Bowl Sunday afternoon  :  ♥︎

* HILLSHIRE FARM  CHEDDARWURST  100%  Premium Pork <--- wife had one *

* HILLSHIRE FARM  POLSKA KEILBASA  100%  Premium Pork <--- wife had one *

* MY wife had one each of the above and prefers the taste to just regular big KEILBASA,  will buy more in the future  !

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

♥︎   On the  Grill  this warm sunny  50°+   Super Bowl Sunday afternoon  :  ♥︎

* HILLSHIRE FARM  CHEDDARWURST  100%  Premium Pork <--- wife had one *

* HILLSHIRE FARM  POLSKA KEILBASA  100%  Premium Pork <--- wife had one *

* MY wife had one each of the above and prefers the taste to just regular big KEILBASA,  will buy more in the future  !

checkout the Boarshead premium uncured kielbasa... it blows Hillshire AWAY!

I don't get all this talk about wings. There isn't any meat on em. In a wilderness survival situation, you pull the wings OFF, along with the legs, and you could roast/fry up some grasshoppers and not starve.

Suppose you have a radio, and could listen to the Browns game, even though you were lost in the outback or something. Gotta have some game time eats, right?

Although, I"m thinkin forget the grubs...

Don't go hungry.

https://www.primalsurvivor.net/ultimate-guide-to-eating-bugs-for-survival/

Wings might not be meaty, but they are good.  I survived on the things back in the early-mid 70's when in college in Gainesville.  I could buy a pack of maybe 24 wings for under $2.  I ate them all the time.

Shoot, I may have invented buffalo wings.  I'd bake them on a rack, then wipe them down with some melted butter with tabasco and a little garlic and salt.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

~  AND   ~  yes, here's an easy anytime recipe  for  ▪︎ GAMEDAY  ▪︎  or any day our  ITALIAN HOAGIE STROMBOLI.  ! 

Want something really quick and easy a stromboli is always a good choice.   Try our great for  • GAMEDAY  •  or anyday an  ITALIAN HOAGIE STROMBOLI .   

And as always check ◇ out  the other tips and recipes below.    :D

SERVES  4    ◆     COOK TIME  15 MINUTES      

Looking for a way to do dinner a little differently? Make our Italian Hoagie Stromboli! It all starts with one of our go-to shortcuts, refrigerated pizza crust; from there, this dinner is filled with the succulent meats, cheeses, and seasonings of Italy. When it's all rolled together and hot out of the oven, you'll have a dinner that tastes like it came from everyone's favorite pizza parlor. 

♥︎     What You'll Need

• 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
  • 6 slices deli-style ham
  • 12 thin slices deli-style pepperoni
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
  • 1 cup roasted red pepper strips, patted dry
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

♥︎      What to Do .....  or mix in a few of your own favorites. 

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Unroll pizza crust dough onto a work surface. Layer evenly with ham, pepperoni, provolone cheese, and roasted red peppers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
  3. Starting at the long end of the dough, roll up jelly roll-style and place on baking sheet seam-side down. Lightly spray dough with cooking spray then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Let sit 3 to 4 minutes before cutting into 8 slices. 

♥︎     Check This Out!

◆   If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

◆ ◇   Up Next:

Italian-Hoagie-Stromboli_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2906606.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, syd said:

I had stag chili

Yeah they all kind of fall into the quick and easy recipes category for the  "need some grub to eat to eat ..... now"  group.

It's just nice to have a recipe to start off with.    🌭 🌭  :wub:

• Haha 1

ANOTHER  great  ▪︎ GAMEDAY  ▪︎  meal  the   classic Italian favorite   SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI. 

Just like the subject line says an ITALIAN CLASSIC  a simple to make  SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI  now how easy is that ?   And remember to check out our notes and tips below.

SERVES 2    COOK  TIME  15 MINUTES      

Need something that's classically Italian? Try our Spinach and Cheese Stromboli. Refrigerated pizza dough is our shortcut to making this tasty meal in less than 15 minutes. It's a quick and easy vegetarian stromboli recipe that's guaranteed to fill you up. We're sure you'll agree, this simple Italian dinner is unquestionably tasty. 

+    What You'll Need

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough

+    What to Do

2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  3. In a large bowl, combine ricot+ta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
  4. Unroll pizza dough and with y+our fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

+     Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

◆ ◇    Up Next:

Spinach-and-Cheese-Stromboli-updated_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-3415840.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~  AND   ~  yes, here's an easy anytime recipe  for  ▪︎ GAMEDAY  ▪︎  or any day our  ITALIAN HOAGIE STROMBOLI.  ! 

Want something really quick and easy a stromboli is always a good choice.   Try our great for  • GAMEDAY  •  or anyday an  ITALIAN HOAGIE STROMBOLI .   

And as always check ◇ out  the other tips and recipes below.    :D

SERVES  4    ◆     COOK TIME  15 MINUTES      

Looking for a way to do dinner a little differently? Make our Italian Hoagie Stromboli! It all starts with one of our go-to shortcuts, refrigerated pizza crust; from there, this dinner is filled with the succulent meats, cheeses, and seasonings of Italy. When it's all rolled together and hot out of the oven, you'll have a dinner that tastes like it came from everyone's favorite pizza parlor. 

♥︎     What You'll Need

• 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
  • 6 slices deli-style ham
  • 12 thin slices deli-style pepperoni
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
  • 1 cup roasted red pepper strips, patted dry
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

♥︎      What to Do .....  or mix in a few of your own favorites. 

2. Unroll pizza crust dough onto a work surface. Layer evenly with ham, pepperoni, provolone cheese, and roasted red peppers. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
  3. Starting at the long end of the dough, roll up jelly roll-style and place on baking sheet seam-side down. Lightly spray dough with cooking spray then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Let sit 3 to 4 minutes before cutting into 8 slices. 

♥︎     Check This Out!

◆   If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

◆ ◇   Up Next:

Italian-Hoagie-Stromboli_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2906606.jpg

Looks like a Nodays Pepperoni Roll.  

This is up on deck for my next meal after the cheeseburgers on the grill today.  Definitely a good change of pace break from the beef and burgers. 

★ Ever had this feeling ?  --->  Tired of just burgers how about a good no burger  meal like some. ULTIMATE TUNA MELT. for a change and I for one like TUNA.  Something different for the GAMEDAY gang or a family lunch.   And remember to check  ✔️  out the tips and recipes below. 

◆◇  SERVES  4   SERVING SIZE  1  SLICE   COOK TIME  10 MINUTES 

If you're someone who likes to order the tuna melt from diners, then you're really going to love this recipe. It doesn't get any better than The Ultimate Tuna Melt. This recipe is easy, cheesy, and oh-so-pleasing. Serve it with a bowl of your favorite soup and some chips for even more goodness!

✔️     What You'll Need

• 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
  • 1 tablespoon sweet relish, drained well
  • 4 slices rye bread
  • 8 tomato slices
  • 4 slices cheddar cheese

✔️     What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. 
  2. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and relish; mix well. 
  3. Top each slice of rye bread with two slices of tomato. Spread tuna evenly over tomatoes, then top with cheddar cheese. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. 

✔️     Check This Out! .... for you tuna lovers out there.

• If you're a fan of pickles, you can add a couple of slices on top of each serving as a finishing touch! 

• For even more great recipes with canned tuna, check out our collection of Easy Tuna Recipes.

• Plus, you won't want to miss our Homestyle Tuna Casseroles!

◆◇  Up Next:

The-Ultimate-Tuna-Melt_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2482626.jpg

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

This is up on deck for my next meal after the cheeseburgers on the grill today.  Definitely a good change of pace break from the beef and burgers. 

★ Ever had this feeling ?  --->  Tired of just burgers how about a good no burger  meal like some. ULTIMATE TUNA MELT. for a change and I for one like TUNA.  Something different for the GAMEDAY gang or a family lunch.   And remember to check  ✔️  out the tips and recipes below. 

◆◇  SERVES  4   SERVING SIZE  1  SLICE   COOK TIME  10 MINUTES 

If you're someone who likes to order the tuna melt from diners, then you're really going to love this recipe. It doesn't get any better than The Ultimate Tuna Melt. This recipe is easy, cheesy, and oh-so-pleasing. Serve it with a bowl of your favorite soup and some chips for even more goodness!

✔️     What You'll Need

• 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
  • 1 tablespoon sweet relish, drained well
  • 4 slices rye bread
  • 8 tomato slices
  • 4 slices cheddar cheese

✔️     What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. 
  2. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and relish; mix well. 
  3. Top each slice of rye bread with two slices of tomato. Spread tuna evenly over tomatoes, then top with cheddar cheese. Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. 

✔️     Check This Out! .... for you tuna lovers out there.

• If you're a fan of pickles, you can add a couple of slices on top of each serving as a finishing touch! 

• For even more great recipes with canned tuna, check out our collection of Easy Tuna Recipes.

• Plus, you won't want to miss our Homestyle Tuna Casseroles!

◆◇  Up Next:

The-Ultimate-Tuna-Melt_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2482626.jpg

🤑