THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Here's another thing that's subtle yet extremely important. Manziel is a big name who is going to get what I call the superstar QB treatment. What I mean by that is the Bradys and RG3 get calls (see the bullcrap call when NE played us). That type of treatment can have a HUGE impact on a game whether it's right or not. The duds we keep drafting are reffed entirely different.

But I don't think this would happen...The NFL would HUGELY benefit if Manziel takes off.Its just not every day you get a chance to draft a QB with his potential

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Browns passed on Manziel to trade for Romo I would drive my car through Zombo's ffront door.

Because, you know QBs ... and Johnny Manziel is 10X more talented that Phillip Rivers ... and 15X more talented than Tony Romo!

Zombo

1. Romo is Campbell with emotion. no.

2. Manziel can't scramble around in a blizzard, and throw

into the wind. He's a warm weather, dome kind of qb.

3. They want to trade up to get a qb because they are tired

of Romo not getting it done under pressure.

4. Just say "NONO" to getting Romo.

I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO

I will take Breez, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, RGIII, Kaepernick, Flaco, and Russ Wilson over Romo any day. All Romo has proven is that at clutch time, he loses. Period.

1. Romo is Campbell with emotion. no.

2. Manziel can't scramble around in a blizzard, and throw

into the wind. He's a warm weather, dome kind of qb.

3. They want to trade up to get a qb because they are tired

of Romo not getting it done under pressure.

4. Just say "NONO" to getting Romo.

I don't know many quarterbacks who can scramble and throw into the wind in a blizzard.

Eli is a Retard, who in their right mind would take a shithole like New Jersey over San Diego?!

It had a lot more to do with the ownership/GM/coach situation there than the city itself. I understand that Archie Manning hated AJ Smith....for whatever reason.....and vice versa. It was kind of like when Elway wanted no part of Bob Irsay. Elway knew that the Colts under Bob Irsay were a complete mess...and he was right.

I do like the 2 QB idea. But the second QB should come in the third round. Be it McCarron, Brett Smith, Garappolo, Boyd, or hell maybe Guiton later. Get an extra mobile QB to groom for Manziels backup.

1.Hoyer

2.Manziel

3. Smith

If the Browns take a QB in the first round, I too have no problem using one of their lower round picks to take another.....but at best a 6th rounder......or even more likely a UFA ala Keith Price or the like.

I love this place. Year after year, we have a crappy QB. A big name comes up and everybody says NO WAY he sucks... he's a loser... he's this age.... whaaaaa whaaa whaaa. Then every year when the season starts we enter with THE worse QB in the league. LOL Do you not see that maybe you should change your thinking? Romo would lead this team to a playoff. Yes, next season. You all would throw that away for another 2-14 season. LMAO

I am not saying I wouldn't take him on this team for the right price....that price being nearly nothing (Ok, maybe a 6th 7th rounder). But I would not be willing to give up what Zombo or others suggest, i.e. any high round pick....or trading/moving down our high round picks.

You like that Price kid a lot don't ya? He beat out a Montana for the job at UW so he must be pretty good lol.

Yea....it comes primarily from seeing him outplay RGIII when the two met up. I like him at minimal investment as a project.....you know like at most 6th round. You know, like Brady :ph34r:

Romo has led the Cowboys to EXACTLY ZERO shit in the past 3 years

not that i am the biggest romo fan, but if he played for the browns he would have this team in contention for a playoff spot in week 16 and/or 17. can you imagine playing a relevent game in week 17 that doesnt involve losing to get a better draft spot? romo playing here would make the browns go from a 4-12 to 9-7 the next year. now would i want to give up our 4th pick for him? probably not as i honestly believe we are 3 players aways from being a 9-7 team, if hoyer gets healthy.

now if the cowboys gave us romo for our 1b pick, i would be all for that.

However, Romo has shown an uncanny ability to, um, "mis-play" the game in big moments. That skill, coupled with his back surgery, makes me run away from him as fast as I can.

While his failures have been noted; since 2006 Romo has 23 game winning drives and 20 4th quarter comebacks. That is 3.3 game winning drives a year since 2006. In that same time the Browns have won 41 games total. Basically 5.9 a year (including the outlier 10-6 2007 year, that out the Browns have won 31 games in 6 years or 5.1 a game. That is only 1.9 more won games per year that Tony Romo has just in game winning drives

I just want to emphasize that one more time The Cleveland Browns since 2006 have won 1.9 more games per year than Tony Romo has own just on game winning drives (3.3 compared to 5.1 (5.9 including 2007.))

In 2013 he had 4 game winning drives. The Cleveland Browns had 4 wins total.

Romo's 23 career game winning drives ranks him 34th all time. The active players ahead of him on the list? (Palmer 24, Ryan 24, Eli 30, Roethlisberger 32, Brees 34, Brady 42 and Peyton 51 (t-1st all time)

Romo also has 20 career 4th quarter comebacks which ranks him at 20th all-time.

Romo's 2013 stats are 31/10/3900. Meanwhile on QB carousel drive the Browns QBs 2013 stats equalled 25/20/4300.

I know he hasn't won in the playoffs, heck he's struggled just to make the playoffs but I do think that is not because of him but inspite of him. I'm not saying we should trade for him but if the price is right and he is dangling I'd take him especially instead of reaching for an unproven QB about 14 spots ahead of where he should go. I'm sure Dallas is nervous about the surgery and not looking to trade Romo but instead to have a young insurance policy behind him that they can either groom for 3ish years before Romo retires or they can throw in there right away if he isn't able to come back 100.

Stats and info from ...http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RomoTo00

at this point we HAVE to get our QB at this draft, so Manziel looks what we'll probably get as long as Jacksonville doesn't take him.

who said so, you? no we don't have to get 'OUR' QB this year. hoyer will be coming back from surgery hopefully at a 100%. if everyone loved hoyer when he was in there this year why is it so god damned important to have to get "OUR" (another) guy in next year's draft? i sure as hell don't want to pick a QB with our first pick. all those duds are over-rated. i'd much rather have a monster DE or a game changing WR in clowney or watkins with our first pick. maybe pick up fales in the 3rd round as a project.

this rush to get johnny football or twigs mcghee bridgewater is just embarassing. when the FO picks a bust QB with our first pick who shows nothing at the NFL level next year everyone will be screaming "why didn't we wait until 2015 to get our franchise guy?" because that class of QBs will be much bigger and stronger.

fucking Retards.

I would rather have Hoyer and Johnny Football as QB. I've had all the Weeden and Campbell I can stand. ugh.

Personally I'd release Weeden and Campbell then I'd draft two QBs in the first round. Take whichever QB that has the highest rating at 4 overall. I'd then trade the pick from the Colts(which will probably be within the last 4 picks in the first round) and whatever else it would take to move back up into the top ten of the draft and select the next highest rated QB. The point being that they both couldn't bust. I'm sick of the QB carousel shit, sick to death of it. Fix it, get it done. We're never getting any further as a franchise until it's settled.

Anyway that's what I would do. I might even bring in Tebow for one last hurrah. Go into the season with something like...

1)Hoyer

2)Manziel

3) Broyles, Carr or McCarron

4)Tebow

Somebody's gotta fucking pan out. That right there is 100 times better than another Weeden/Campbell campaign.

you are insane. i hope you are on medication.

man the redneck love for manziel is overwhelming.

all i see is visions of the kentucky derby with haslam and manziel in their straw hats drinking mint juleps together and talk about how they hate black people equally unless they are 'the help' or the 'stable boy'.

shit reeks of that stankin ass south SEC brotherhood.

fuck johnny football.

I forgot about the back injury when I went along with the trade proposal ... obviously that is a concern.

But you guys that don't appreciate Romo as a quarterback ASTOUND me.

You are all going over these college prospects and you get all excited saying this guy " is accurate, can make all the throws, mobile, smart, good size" ... That's Tony Romo ... proven at the NFL Level.

Football ... still a team sport. This new generation of sports fans want to measure everything solely on "What have you won" and "how many championships have you got" to individuals playing team sports.

Nope, Romo hasn't won anything. So I guess you guys would have hated Dan Fouts and Dan Marino back in the day. Warren Moon? What a turd.

Don't bother looking at the RBs and Offensive lines he has played with, or the sieve of a defense his team had this year. Or the bonafide egomaniac with no football skills running the team.

Nope ... just look at his rings. Well, let me tell you something, Eli Manning plays in the same division, relatively the same age ... and has two rings to Romo's none ... and Romo is absolutely a better QB.

Eli had a smart coach a good defense, and a couple hot four game post-season streaks, and he should be commended for that ... but Romo is better.

Romo 108 starts, 63-45 record, 208 TDs 101 Int, 7.8 y/a, 95.8 rating

Manning 151 starts 85-66 record 229 TD 171 Int 7.1 y/a 81.8 rating

Romo would have this team contending every year, just like he has Dallas in the race every year IN SPITE of the bungling GM/Owner, the defense, the line, etc.

Seriously, if we were to put Romo under center and grab a good young running back, we would be a good team ... tomorrow.

Zombo

It's been bad so long, we have come to expect to take everyone else's scraps??? Other teams build from the ground up and become winners, we piece meal others rejects in hopes to have a 10-6 season, loose in our first play-off game and repeat the same bullshit the next year?

Time to put up and get some football minds together and make a Mother Fuckin team ! New England did it, Indy did it, Seattle, etc etc , why not us? Screw the same old shit that Cleveland has become synonimous for !

It would be dumb not to brand the name if it has value. I don't see how you view that as a negative.

As for the IR comment.....possibly so. I suppose you could say that about any player in the league, but I understand your point. No doubt we would need to coach him and maybe bring Terry Francona in for a few days to make sure the kid knows how to slide.

Question is, do you want to play football, or turn into a walking ad machine? Yeah- the kid probably sees the opportunity to cash in, but some of the stuff he pulled off the field @ A&M worries me. Hehe- maybe LeBron can take him under his wing and teach him how to act- supposedly Johnny Football is hiring LeBron's agent.

It's been bad so long, we have come to expect to take everyone else's scraps??? Other teams build from the ground up and become winners, we piece meal others rejects in hopes to have a 10-6 season, loose in our first play-off game and repeat the same bullshit the next year?

Time to put up and get some football minds together and make a Mother Fuckin team ! New England did it, Indy did it, Seattle, etc etc , why not us? Screw the same old shit that Cleveland has become synonimous for !

I think the thought here is we need to get out of this 14-year-funk and start winning...now. From this approach, once we get a winning team, stability and clarity would follow because the blame game/firings wouldn't happen at the drop of a hat. No it's not the conventional way of doing it, but it's obvious Haslam is choosing this route. With the perennial losing we can't see the forest for the trees.

Question is, do you want to play football, or turn into a walking ad machine? Yeah- the kid probably sees the opportunity to cash in, but some of the stuff he pulled off the field @ A&M worries me. Hehe- maybe LeBron can take him under his wing and teach him how to act- supposedly Johnny Football is hiring LeBron's agent.

Yea, Maverick Carter.....a guy I have had in front of me in court a few times for his lead foot.

I'd rather grab an o lineman than Watkins. He'd be a luxury pick for us. We already have a number 1 and can't afford to spend the number 4 pick on a number 2. Plus WR is the most stacked position in FA. Grab a WR later and get a QB or an OL up high. IMO it has to be QB.

but it's obvious Haslam is choosing this route.

what? you guys sit down over a cup of tea every afternoon? what route exactly has haslam chosen? hire rat bastards and fire people before they can prove themselves?

or is it i wanna be like jerry jones with my hands up everbody's ass being the puppet master?

please tell us all how you know this inside information.

Archived