THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel is not RGIII, or Mike Vick. Are you saying there's no way he puts on 15 lbs.? If he does hes Damn near the same size as Aaron Rodgers. From everything I've read hes a true student of the game, and he may be the best passer available in the draft. On top of all that, hes one he'll of a scrambler, feels pressure in the pocket, and has a quick release. Essentially all we can do is make a bet on who has the best chance for success, and my bets on Manziel. Hoyer is the same size as him, and Hoyer got hurt because he got caught from behind and forgot how to slide. Think about how good Manziel can be if he learns to use his elusiveness to avoid contact, and he puts on a few pounds. The sky's the limit IMHO.

listen as i've said, i don't hate the kid, i just don't think he's worth our 1st pick. the probability of a QB bust at that high a pick is very high compared to other positions of need.

at least we know hoyer can play in the NFL. manziel doesn't have a snap yet. manziel does have great escapability and a good arm but those qualities sometimes do not transfer to the NFL where everyone one is fast and every hit is hard. some former NFLer said it on espn the other day. you might get hit hard once or twice in a game in college every saturday but you get hit hard 20x that every sunday.

and if hoyer=manziel then why do we need manziel? i just want one manziel fan to answer that question.

so is it ok to assume those stats are correct for Brees and Wilson, but not for Manziel?

????? We will see when the tapemeasure get put to him at the combine. Hard to say a for sure thing but in this instance Sammy Watkins seems much safer with a pick. This Franchise CAN NOT miss with the 4 pick. We are fucked if we miss with qb for the next 4 yrs. I am not that high on Manzel sorry.

listen as i've said, i don't hate the kid, i just don't think he's worth our 1st pick. the probability of a QB bust at that high a pick is very high compared to other positions of need.

at least we know hoyer can play in the NFL. manziel doesn't have a snap yet. manziel does have great escapability and a good arm but those qualities sometimes do not transfer to the NFL where everyone one is fast and every hit is hard. some former NFLer said it on espn the other day. you might get hit hard once or twice in a game in college every saturday but you get hit hard 20x that every sunday.

and if hoyer=manziel then why do we need manziel? i just want one manziel fan to answer that question.

the answer to your question is potential. To win in the league nowadays you HAVE to have a top 10 QB. Manziel has the potential to develop into that good of a player....Hoyer is already at his ceiling and while he may be serviceable, and with the right pieces around him, you may get to the playoffs, he will never bring home a championship.

After having my Sundays ruined for the past 15 years watching this boring team get beat down every week, I'm ready for a little excitement win or lose.
Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weedon, Kelly Stoffer, Joey Harrington,Rich Campbell, Tim Couch, Heath Schuler, Akili Smith, Rick Mirer, and Art Schlichter all had prototypical size, strength, and big arms.

Not me I'll take the most boring qb ever if we win!!!

the answer to your question is potential. To win in the league nowadays you HAVE to have a top 10 QB. Manziel has the potential to develop into that good of a player....Hoyer is already at his ceiling and while he may be serviceable, and with the right pieces around him, you may get to the playoffs, he will never bring home a championship.

Ur kidding right? Hoyer at his ceiling after 4 starts and no consistent playing time? Comon man

I dunno, dude needs to get into the weight room instead of spending all this time getting his endorsement deals lined up. If Manz were in cleveland, can you see this little guy surviving bitch slapping from Burfict, Suggs and geno atkins? he will be looking like mr salty, the pretzel dude, after these thugs rock his natural word. lets see how "competitive" he remains in the big boys league.

If the Browns passed on Manziel to trade for Romo I would drive my car through Zombo's ffront door.

I'm fairly sure that Z only has a "backdoor"...

I don't know many quarterbacks who can scramble and throw into the wind in a blizzard.

Fran Tarkenton comes to mind... but then I'm old...

Oh... and Fran had a weak arm to boot...

Seriously, if we were to put Romo under center and grab a good young running back, we would be a good team ... tomorrow.

... but how good and what about the day after tomorrow???

Z, it would be a classic error to make a trade like that.

I'm fairly sure that Z only has a "backdoor"...

Fran Tarkenton comes to mind... but then I'm old...

Oh... and Fran had a weak arm to boot...

... but how good and what about the day after tomorrow???

Z, it would be a classic error to make a trade like that.

Good enough to win the divison and for four or five years.

But OK ... let's let Banner and Lombardi pick a franchise QB for us instead. I'm sure the guy they pick will far surpass the like of a franchise pro bowl QB like Romo.

Zombo

Ur kidding right? Hoyer at his ceiling after 4 starts and no consistent playing time? Comon man

How about an undrafted QB who has been cut by 3 teams. He played decent for us in his two games but in no way was he lighting the world on fire. So no I'm not kidding. I DO NOT IN ANY WAY WANT TO PUT NEXT SEASON, and the 2015 season ON HOYERS SHOULDERS. And no I would not trade up for Manziel. Take whichever of the 3 best falls to us. My order of preference is Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles. If none of the three fall to us then we can take Clowney. Think about it, Hoyer was so good in training camp that Chud had him third on the depth chart behind Weeden and Campbell. So evidently he wasn't looking like Joe Montana in practice either.

Good enough to win the divison and for four or five years.

But OK ... let's let Banner and Lombardi pick a franchise QB for us instead. I'm sure the guy they pick will far surpass the like of a franchise pro bowl QB like Romo.

Zombo

I don't think Romo will be the kind of QB who plays at a pro bowl level for that long. I'd say wed have two years to get it done, and if we get anything more it'll be considered a bonus. Where if we draft a 21 year old kid we have over a decade if we make the right pick. And in no way is Romo a guarantee either. This back injury may very well be the beginning of the end for him, and if Jerrys tryin to trade him, he may know it too.

I don't think Romo will be the kind of QB who plays at a pro bowl level for that long. I'd say wed have two years to get it done, and if we get anything more it'll be considered a bonus. Where if we draft a 21 year old kid we have over a decade if we make the right pick. And in no way is Romo a guarantee either. This back injury may very well be the beginning of the end for him, and if Jerrys tryin to trade him, he may know it too.

There is nothing wrong with what you said ... it is just my confidence in Banbardi picking the right guy is waning.

I am so fucking tired of losing. And if they fuck up this draft and start dicking with free agents ... it is never going to end.

A veteran QB would be a quick fix ... axing Lomarbi and Banner and promoting Farmer before he leaves would be a permanent fix IMO.

Zombo

It would be dumb not to brand the name if it has value. I don't see how you view that as a negative.

As for the IR comment.....possibly so. I suppose you could say that about any player in the league, but I understand your point. No doubt we would need to coach him and maybe bring Terry Francona in for a few days to make sure the kid knows how to slide.

While it does not have to be, notoriety can be a distraction... especially if you arrive with it. It is part of the issue with RG3 in WSH, and Johnny will arrive.

As for the injury... in Johnny's case he just seems to be so competitive that he cannot help himself. More below...

I'd rather grab an o lineman than Watkins. He'd be a luxury pick for us. We already have a number 1 and can't afford to spend the number 4 pick on a number 2. Plus WR is the most stacked position in FA. Grab a WR later and get a QB or an OL up high. IMO it has to be QB.

How much of a drop off from a team's #1 to #2 WR is required?

Johnny Manziel is 6'1" 209 lbs Drew Bress is 6'0" 209 lbs Russell Wilson 5'10" 206 lbs

The above means Wilson is thicker... and thicker means more durable.

Also both Brees and Wilson play smarter. By that I mean they rarely let their competitivness overrule their intelligence and thus stay out of harm's way as much as can be expected.

Brees survived his 2005 injury (in no small part due to the skills of Dr. James Andrews). Wilson has yet to face his. Manziel has already been concussed and suffered arm, knee and rib injuries at the college level.

i actually agree with miktoxic Get Watkins. Hes a sure thing.

mik's agreeing with me is normally a cause for concern, but not in this case.

The only thing you could say is someone, or everyone is lying about their height, because Winston and McCarron are nowhere near the same height.

Slightly upward camera angle...Jameis clearly leaning forward... It's called p-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-i-v-e...

It's like he was never a starter in Arizona before Cleveland.

Hoyer is a serviceable starter at best. Sorry. He was a welcome change because he didn't make mistakes and he got the ball out quick. Clamoring for him as a starter is akin to wishing for a 6-win season.

There haven't been that many good qbs at 6 or 6-1 but theres been alot at 6-2, i didn't read any of this article, just looked at the graphs http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tall-task-does-height-matter-for-nfl-quarterbacks/22067/ i think Manziels abilities make up for that one inch. With that being said injury is a huge concern for somebody like this guy. He is a brave kid, he stands to make millions in the nfl and still plays every game like it could be his last. I don't see how any man could not respect someone like that when we see sure fire guys take it easy to make sure they make it to the nfl and get that paycheck. I didn't think of myself as a fanboy but after reading this http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/johnny-manziel-criticism-shows-inner-flaws-of-fans-clay-travis-opinion-090213 i guess i'm a fan cause i for some reason defend the guy. Not because i want him on the browns but i admire a player that wants to win at any cost. I'm definately not gunna hate the guy cause he's cocky or a rich kid or cause he kicks it with rappers and fucks bitches. If i was him i would have banged every ho at a&m and knocked myself outta the draft for having every std known to man and 20 babies mommas. Read that article and see what kind of fan or hater you are cause how you feel about him does say alot about yourself. Now with all that being said... screw the qbs in this draft i wanna see more Hoyer. Yes i'm a Hoyer homer who thinks he played the best football in his 2 games than i have seen since the return. Even when he threw the 2 interceptions i knew he was gunna still win. Fast release, hitting receivers in stride, and it appeared as though he was reading the defenses well and knew where he wanted the ball to go before snap. Come on he had every one on this forum talking playoffs before he got hurt. They can pick whoever they want in this draft but it would be wrong to not give Hoyer at least half the season to prove if he still has it. If he lost it then start the new guy i guess if they have one.

While it does not have to be, notoriety can be a distraction... especially if you arrive with it. It is part of the issue with RG3 in WSH, and Johnny will arrive.

As for the injury... in Johnny's case he just seems to be so competitive that he cannot help himself. More below...

How much of a drop off from a team's #1 to #2 WR is required?

The above means Wilson is thicker... and thicker means more durable.

Also both Brees and Wilson play smarter. By that I mean they rarely let their competitivness overrule their intelligence and thus stay out of harm's way as much as can be expected.

Brees survived his 2005 injury (in no small part due to the skills of Dr. James Andrews). Wilson has yet to face his. Manziel has already been concussed and suffered arm, knee and rib injuries at the college level.

mik's agreeing with me is normally a cause for concern, but not in this case.

Slightly upward camera angle...Jameis clearly leaning forward... It's called p-e-r-s-p-e-c-t-i-v-e...

its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.

It's like he was never a starter in Arizona before Cleveland.

Hoyer is a serviceable starter at best. Sorry. He was a welcome change because he didn't make mistakes and he got the ball out quick. Clamoring for him as a starter is akin to wishing for a 6-win season.

No I'm pretty sure I covered the Arizona stint in saying he only has 4 starts under his belt. I'm not saying he's the next big thing but like u say he's serviceable. Do u really think he gets a fair shake to start if toy boy Manzel comes to cleveland. The browns are in position to Absolutly load up on offense. This all goes away if manzel busts at 4.

its all about what you have to use to obtain them. A number 4 pick is way too high for a number 2 receiver unless you plan on replacing the number one with him. Plenty of guys we can get, for tons cheaper, that could fill that role...like I said, a luxury we can't afford. I'd rather take a LB.

Who says he'll be the #2 wr. One bong rip in a friends basement and Gordon is gone forever. Worked pretty well for Atlanta gettin Jones to play #2. I really don't see much talent gap between manzel, Bridgewater, and McCarran, Boyd.

at least lebron could show him where all the black hookers hang.

didn't manziel sign with lebron's agent group? i wonder what his cut was?

manziel gets drafted by the browns, signs for four years, becomes the next brett favre and then goes into the FA market and decides to do a one hour special to reveal that he is going to miami.

what a mentor.

Archived