THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

They have done nothing to prove otherwise, have they?

A decade each moving up up the NFL ranks.

I would clearly get behind him them if you plan on being a Browns fan, what fun is it not believe in your own team?

Or are you just a fan of one man?

Because ... that's actually called "homosexuality".

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Zombo

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say their shit isn't together.

I said it remains to be seen.

Have yall had your shit together the last 30 years? You've seen bust after bust, why would these clowns be any different?

Why wouldn't they? Explain that.

Or does that logic merely apply to QBs?

If we apply your logic, then JFF will be a bust...all on his own. Is that what you look forward to?

Here is another clue for ye who apparently has no clue how the pro game is played: Defense is what will make or break this team.

JFF could be as good as Archie Manning (who I actually compare him most closely to).....but if the Browns defense were to be anything like the Saints were for Big Archie, then Little Archie won't accomplish diddly.

Here is another clue for ye who apparently has no clue how the pro game is played: Defense is what will make or break this team.

JFF could be as good as Archie Manning (who I actually compare him most closely to).....but if the Browns defense were to be anything like the Saints were for Big Archie, then Little Archie won't accomplish diddly.

When I was watching film of Archie on the ESPN show on the Mannings, I saw the similarity as well. Too bad that Archie never plated on a better team.

From yalls responses to outsiders, you sure seem to give a shit.

LMAO

Our observation is that most of you JFF fanboys have little knowledge/understanding of the pro game....and particularly the history of the game....or lack knowledge of the passion that real football fans have for their team.

We are trying to educate you.....but you have to meet us halfway and not be such slow learners.

Hey, sounds like the Ravens.

Once upon a time the Ravens had a great defense, yes. The Browns are efforting to have that same capability.

But, yes, championships are most often built with great defenses and good QBs.

Do you know where we might get a good QB?

We have one in mind, but it is way to early to tell now, isn't it.

I get a kick out of reading and listening to hype about JF. Browns fans and media discuss whether he will win the Super Bowl this year or if it will have to wait until next year.

The reality is that there is a reason he was available at 22 and there is a ton of skepticism about his overall ability. Granted, the pundits are often wrong but when there are as many of them on his down side as there are on his upside, I would take a wait and see attitude.

Some of us "wait and see" guys have mistakenly gotten blasted as hatas by the JFF Love Train. :)

No issue with any of that. I think it's a perception thing, and from my POV, publicity is what defines the "face" of a franchise.

Manziel, right or wrong, is in that position because he's a high profile personality who transcended the game in college. But you're right, if he flops, it's going to be an atom bomb instead of the firecracker of a normal player's flameout.

Thanks for being civil for a change Mike. The thought just occurred to me- the argument that "if you were a kid in his position, you'd do the same" isn't really correct. I forgot about a teenager with even more hype, a big Nike Contract, and unreal ability that to my knowledge didn't pull any of JF's antics. Remember him? Used to play for the Cavs- LeBron James. I'm hoping LBJ and Maverick Carter can knock some sense into him.

Oddly enough I'd feel a lot better about JF if we had gotten Mack or Clowney with our 1st pick. In that case, Manziel would have been a 1st round flyer we could all feel reasonable about even if he bombed out.....cause we could say at least we got "so and so" with the 1st pick. Given that I don't know much about Gilbert, this shit every weekend with Manziel is starting to wear thin. Like in my mind he's not a flyer anymore that we can just cut loose...we're kind of all in. Some would say well what's the difference where we got him? It may be none, but for some reason I just feel like if we had gotten one of those top defensive talents that Manziel would be less of an issue. I thought it was all pretty funny up to this point, but the whole looking like a doosh bag talking into a stack of money just isn't the look I was hoping for. Up on a club stage in full control of his mental faculties with a look on his face that says "you see all this dime ass around me, I can take my pick"...that I was all for. Looking like a dbag frat kid, not so much. You can't really make the argument the kids looking like a warrior at this point. Lets face it, to play any professional sport in Cleveland requires a certain war mentality. I hope he gets it at some point and saves the partying for his private affairs.

I just feel like if we had gotten one of those top defensive talents that Manziel would be less of an issue.

we got one of those top defensive talents. just so happens that he plays corner, which beside pass rusher might be the most important position on that side of the ball.

Haven't the Browns had a bunch of head coaches come in and fail? Haven't yall watched that?

Why is Pettine any different.

He needs to prove it first.

Of course- Pettine is the Head Coach- whether he will be a good (or great) HC remains to be seen. I like what I've seen- so far. He's certainly more impressive at this point that good old Pat Sure-loss, who looked clueless from the get-go.

Do they have the temperment/ability/chutzpah to start winning?

Speaking of archie. jf broken his 43 year old sec record of most single game offensive yardage his freshman season only to put up almost 600 yards a few weeks later. i gotta belive jf is

up there near the top when it comes to chutzpah potential. broken cystal ball, notwithstanding, jf brings an edge that could potentially deliver a culture of winning so sorely missed in

clevleand

You've proved my point.

It's silly at this point to lump Manziel in with either Weeden, McCoy, Quinn, OR Sipe, Kosar, Graham.

So why dont you backups on this boatd stop it and start posting like champions?

OK, if that is your point, I completely agree. No one knows the future of this kid.

(but I am not comprehending your second sentence...say what?)

If i had a nickle every time i read a post that mentions Manziel bombing, being a bust, flopping, ect. Yall pronounce negativity apon your franchise QB much too often. I have zero doubts that he will play at a high level and win alot of games, so that mentality seems odd to me.

As for the face of the franchise, i am not sure the Browns have one yet.

Ah, , you have zero doubts about JFF and the high level at which he will play....but, you see, we have been here before. Unfortuneatly this is not our first rodeo with Fanboys. Tim Couch had his Kentucky fanboys on here, Derek Anderson had his fanboys. Brady Quinn had his Notre Dame/Columbus area fanboys, Colt McCoy had his fanboys from your part of the country. Weeden even had his share. We even had some locals fanboys of Charlie Frye.

We have had all of your types saying "Put your faith in...Couch/Anderson/Quinn/Frye/Colt/Brandon/Yada/Obladi/Obladah".....and you know what? We DID put our faith in all those guys......and they all disappointed.

So, relax and give us a break if we don't want to immediately drink the Kool Aid.

I have some faith in him.....but I also have some well earned skepticism about anyone that is a fresh face that comes in here with his hoard of followers claiming him to be the Messiah. All too often that fresh face ends up in a pile of dirt.

Speaking of archie. jf broken his 43 year old sec record of most single game offensive yardage his freshman season only to put up almost 600 yards a few weeks later. i gotta belive jf is

up there near the top when it comes to chutpah potential. broken cystal ball, notwithstanding, jf brings an edge that could potentially deliver a culture of winning so sorely missed in

clevleand

We hope you are right.

I would hope to believe that no Browns fan is actively hoping this kid fails. (except maybe Ghoolie). We gotta get one of these QBs right sometime. And why not, finally, this one.

What Manziel is and will do has nothing to do with any past Brown QBs. Zero. Ziltch. Nada. Browns history has nothing to do with Manziel. Browns history has nothing to do with Manziel fans. Poor logic doesnt allow some fans to see things in a fresh hopeful way.

Right....Manziels history has nothing to do with anyone else.......But OUR history does. And FYI... He is now a part of OUR Browns history...or is about to be....so you better goddamn believe that Browns history has something to do with Manziel fans.

You see...as I have said over and over and over to you mooks....there is no such thing as "Manziel fandom". There never was when he was with Texas A&M.....and there won't be when he begins play for US.

He ain't a fucking Nascar driver. He is a member of a team. That team is now The Cleveland Browns. His ONLY relevence now is a member of the Cleveland Browns.

But....don't be mistaken.....we fans of the Cleveland Browns DO see things in a fresh hopeful way with him here now as a member of our team.......we are all for his success.

But, you see, we are like Jedi, we focus our minds on the present but we are mindful of the past...and the future.

One day, you too may become a person with Cleveland Browns fan like attributes. You may someday be wise, introspective, contemplative......but ready to kick some ass at a moment's notice.

You are not there yet.

Johnny will be the next Brian sipe, mark my words!

Actually, I hope not. I hope he is much better. FYI, no offense to him because he is an all time favorite, but, Brian Sipe never won a single postseason game for the Browns......and I certainly hope/wish/expect JFF to do better than that.

I'm not one of the fans who is absolutely convinced that JM will set the world on fire and I fully realize that it is a quantum leap from college football to the NFL. I am taking a wait and see attitude. However, that being said, all summer leading up to the second Alabama/Texas A&M game, I read on Alabama fan forums how JM was not going to "surprise" them again and that they would squash him like a bug and he would be carried unconscious from the field. This was what 95% of the Alabama fans believed without reservations and quite frankly lusted after. As I said I realize that the NFL is totally different from college, but many people believe that Alabama's defense is the closest you can come to NFL.

Do I care that he did the money phone? Nope, but as was pointed out elsewhere, Merriweather didn't pull that stunt before his first pro fight.

You had better not get shit-faced the night before a game either and show up hung over, kiddo. That would get me pissed off.

Unless, of course, he wins the game.

;)

I remember Joe Namath being asked about being out at 4 in the morning before a playoff game, drunk wearing a fur coat with six dames hanging off him. He said it was a dirty lie; tat he wasn't wearing a fur coat.

WSS

we get the fact that manziel was a great college QB. we get the fact that a lot of you follow him because of that. we all hope he does that with cleveland.

just don't come on here saying that we all wish for him to fail because he wasn't named the starter. that's not our call. you point out great performances in college. great. +1. we point out great performances in the nfl. 0. plain and simple.

can we let this shit play out without the fans of the browns getting increasingly pissed at the fans of manziel because they think he is going to be this or that but yet we as browns fans don't give him enough respect for what he did in college.

should we really need to go into the great college QBs list? none of us want to do that, but yet you keep pointing it out.

Unless, of course, he wins the game.

;)

I remember Joe Namath being asked about being out at 4 in the morning before a playoff game, drunk wearing a fur coat with six dames hanging off him. He said it was a dirty lie; tat he wasn't wearing a fur coat.

WSS

he backed his shit up with a super bowl win.

meanwhile joe looks like a total douche now. wearing a wig and telling a female commentator he wants to kiss her on live tv. guess the only thing that finally woke his ass up was rehab and a pink slip.

we get the fact that manziel was a great college QB. we get the fact that a lot of you follow him because of that. we all hope he does that with cleveland.

just don't come on here saying that we all wish for him to fail because he wasn't named the starter. that's not our call. you point out great performances in college. great. +1. we point out great performances in the nfl. 0. plain and simple.

can we let this shit play out without the fans of the browns getting increasingly pissed at the fans of manziel because they think he is going to be this or that but yet we as browns fans don't give him enough respect for what he did in college.

should we really need to go into the great college QBs list? none of us want to do that, but yet you keep pointing it out.

As I said, twice even, I understand the difference between college and NFL. However, I guess I failed to get my point across. People insist upon calling him fragile although he played two complete seasons with no missed games. If I remember correctly he missed one series of downs in 2012 and two or three series in 2013. This was at the same time that the larger QBs for MO, LSU, GA, etc suffered season ending injuries. Not trying to bring up college exploits, but to refute the fragile label,

if i have a fantasy football player (let's say aj green) that does not make me a bengals fan? no. does it make me root for him to get certain points? yes. doesn't mean "let's go bengals!"

there are only a couple of JF fans on here who totally love him and could care less about the browns......to them i say find yourself a JF forum.

no disrespect, but why torture us with your misgivings about the team we root for to promote the player you love?

I think many times you come to a team because you like one player but in time you learn about other players on the team and develop an interest in them. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure that many people in Texas ( or Alabama in my case) would become Browns fans without a connection to a player or to Ohio. I am already developing an interest in Gilbert, Bitioni(sp?), and Crowell. I would hope that long term browns fans would welcome or at least accept the new fans.

As I said, twice even, I understand the difference between college and NFL. However, I guess I failed to get my point across. People insist upon calling him fragile although he played two complete seasons with no missed games. If I remember correctly he missed one series of downs in 2012 and two or three series in 2013. This was at the same time that the larger QBs for MO, LSU, GA, etc suffered season ending injuries. Not trying to bring up college exploits, but to refute the fragile label,

i hear you. i think there might be one post here from a browns fan that brought up the fragile label in 55 posts.

so you'll group all the browns fans as saying that? why don't you specifically go after the person who says something you object to, point it out and debate it with them instead of painting such a broad stroke of all us browns' fans and then saying: "see, you guys root for him to fail."

Archived