THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Got to say I'm really surprised Coach Lewis would say this. He has always been a class guy before this, and seems completely out of his character. I am not so surprised about the actual slur (I guess that's what it was?) but the fact he would say anything derogatory about another team's player.

Tomorrow there will be an apology I'm sure, but I hope our lil fella goes out there Sunday and rips the Bungholes a new one.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only fear with JFF is that they havent put him in because he hasnt got the playbook down. Expect delays, wasted timeouts, and broken plays if thats the case. Maybe thats why Pettine has been reluctant, but I think that excuse isn't enough anymore. You cant win games where the defense has to score more points than the offense.

Even if Pettine doesnt want JFF to play, I think Jimmy is ready.

Got to say I'm really surprised Coach Lewis would say this. He has always been a class guy before this, and seems completely out of his character. I am not so surprised about the actual slur (I guess that's what it was?) but the fact he would say anything derogatory about another team's player.

Tomorrow there will be an apology I'm sure, but I hope our lil fella goes out there Sunday and rips the Bungholes a new one.

Your fault.....you forgot he was from Baltimore. :)

Nope. Pettine should dicipline the boy. 10:55 on game day? Sorry, Hoyer acts more like a pro. Johnny Bench acts like a college boy. Probably out all night drinkin. Hoyer gets the call. 2-0 against cincy... johnny Bench still hasn't looked at the playbook. Pettine knows something we don't. He know's Johnny's not ready, not diciplined, not focused, & is not going to take the gameplan seriously. I don't care abput hype, everyone is smokin the hype pipe. That never works. Ever. Never ever.

Why does everyone seem to forget Johnny did pass the ball in college.. quite a bit actually..

I mean.. his offense was called the "AIR RAID"

He didnt get the Heisman on his legs alone. For some reason everyone wants to lump him into a group of QBs that just run... I dont get it

Why does everyone seem to forget Johnny did pass the ball in college.. quite a bit actually..

I mean.. his offense was called the "AIR RAID"

He didnt get the Heisman on his legs alone. For some reason everyone wants to lump him into a group of QBs that just run... I dont get it

Pretty much passed primarily in a gun, spread offense with simple concepts - much different and simpler than what shanny runs. We'll see how well he's picked up and can run Shanny's modernized west coast/pro offense this Sunday.

But yes, he is good at throwing a football.

Let's face it! We are out of the playoffs barring a Christmas Miracle. Hoyer has sucked against Jaguars, Houston, Bengals, Buffalo and now Indianapolis. I mean no offense at all. No touchdowns and he's taking sacks and interceptions. If His name was Brandon Weeden the peasants would be storming the gates with Pitchforks.

The season is all but over for Cleveland so why not put your first round draft franchise quarterback in while we still have a fan base. if Pettine doesn't play Manziel we will never know what could have been.

If he starts Manziel he can use the old reliable; He's a rookie, he's going to make mistakes. But wouldn't you rather have the opportunity to see if the Browns can win the next three. Because by now it doesn't matter. Hoyer has to be the blame for the last five miserable performances.

And throwing your mates under the bus, blaming the receivers and the wind is just not going to fly anymore.

He had his opportunity. That's more than most third string backups ever get.

What if Marvin Lewis is sued by the midget community. Lewis's comments are all over every major sports web site. What if Pettine called Andy Dalton, Howdy Doody? Then the wooden puppet Union would cause a big backlash. Lewis is trying to get attention because his team is a pretender choking in the playoffs year after year.

The Midget community deserves an apology and soon before they form the Million Midget March into Cleveland Stadium Sunday.

Nope. Pettine should dicipline the boy. 10:55 on game day? Sorry, Hoyer acts more like a pro. Johnny Bench acts like a college boy. Probably out all night drinkin. Hoyer gets the call. 2-0 against cincy... johnny Bench still hasn't looked at the playbook. Pettine knows something we don't. He know's Johnny's not ready, not diciplined, not focused, & is not going to take the gameplan seriously. I don't care abput hype, everyone is smokin the hype pipe. That never works. Ever. Never ever.

I mean..

johnny-manziel-touchdown-run-against-ind

But yeah.. lets stick with that.. it never works..

Someone who people hype up to be really good cant ever actually be good...

I really don't get this line of thinking. If he's told to be at the stadium by 11 then that's that. Everything I've read about Manziel is that he's followed the team rules and has been a professional while at the facility. As long as he doesn't pop dirty on a drug test or get arrested, he should be able to do whatever he feels like on his own time.

Hoyer probably is light years ahead of Manziel concerning the playbook, but if he lacks the ability to execute it on Sunday what good is that doing anyone . . . Certainly none for our Defense. Shanahan and others in the organization have said they feel that they can put a gameplan together that Manziel should be able to execute.

Hoyer's been given every chance to slam the door on Manziel, and hasn't capitalized on them . . . Which is a shame cause I was really pulling for the guy. But to put him out there cause he studies harder and watches more film, just to spite your first round draft pick, and hopefully future franchise QB of your team is just plain stupid. Especially when you have 52 other guys busting their balls for you every week.

The season is all but over for Cleveland so why not put your first round draft franchise quarterback in while we still have a fan base.

This sentence made me laugh out loud. This fan base has seen far worse than 7-6. Browns fans are a resilient bunch; we'll be ok

And furthermore, i don't understand how people can still be worried about manziel's character. He has always been the same: party boy who shows up on game day.

Of all the things to question, his competitive spirit isn't one. Let the kid stick his drunk dick in a coke machine Saturday night, but he will be ready to give 100% on Sunday.

Thank you Mrs. Hoyer or bitch boy (whatever you usually go by)

Hoyer fucking sucks and has cost us the past 2 games, bitch boy.

What if Marvin Lewis is sued by the midget community. Lewis's comments are all over every major sports web site. What if Pettine called Andy Dalton, Howdy Doody? Then the wooden puppet Union would cause a big backlash. Lewis is trying to get attention because his team is a pretender choking in the playoffs year after year.

The Midget community deserves an apology and soon before they form the Million Midget March into Cleveland Stadium Sunday.

Sued for calling someone a midget? Don't think so.

Manziel will be starting that was clear from Pettine's interview

I hope so. I don't want my last trip up to Cleveland to be one where I am booing my team. I won't be in a cheerful mood if Brian Hoyer is under center.

And furthermore, i don't understand how people can still be worried about manziel's character. He has always been the same: party boy who shows up on game day.

Of all the things to question, his competitive spirit isn't one. Let the kid stick his drunk dick in a coke machine Saturday night, but he will be ready to give 100% on Sunday.

100% agree.

It's time for Johnny & I EXPECT to see him start this week. If Hoyer starts (almost inconceivable), it will be a VERY uncomfortable day for Pettine & Hoyer.

Mike

Archived