THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pettine may use the excuse that the Browns beat the Bengals with Hoyer before, but that again was due to the defense and not anything spectacular Hoyer did. Hoyer got his shot against the Colts and couldn't produce, Colt McCoy looked better against the Colts' secondary. If Pettine isn't afraid to bench others for poor performance (like the running backs and Justin Gilbert) why is he so hesitant on benching Hoyer? It makes me wonder if he knows something we don't about Manziel. In any case, Manziel should get the start; Hoyer has regressed too far and the Colts game was his last chance. I can't imagine the locker room still supporting Hoyer after defense played their hearts out and still came away with a loss.

Every midget in Cleveland should hold up racial protest signs when Lewis comes to town. This is slander! This is a travesty of the highest degree and midgets everywhere must rise up and be heard. Lewis can't get away with this!

They can wear shirts that say "I Can't See Over The Counter" and "Hands up! Please hand me that off of the refrigerator".

OK short (Ha!) story. My wife is 5'1" (one of 4 sisters and a mother who are all no taller than 5'3" )and while we were out at a fair they had an exhibit of Texas products one of which was gulf shrimp. I said to her, "Look dear, they have your family on display!" The woman next to me, a complete stranger, hits me on the arm, quickly realizes she has popped someone she doesn't know and says to my wife, "I did it for you!" :lol: :lol:

Whenever I take my 6 y.o. grandson for a ride and have to adjust all the mirrors back so I can see he always says, "Those shrimp been driving your car again Gramp?" :P

Pettine may use the excuse that the Browns beat the Bengals with Hoyer before, but that again was due to the defense and not anything spectacular Hoyer did. Hoyer got his shot against the Colts and couldn't produce, Colt McCoy looked better against the Colts' secondary. If Pettine isn't afraid to bench others for poor performance (like the running backs and Justin Gilbert) why is he so hesitant on benching Hoyer? It makes me wonder if he knows something we don't about Manziel. In any case, Manziel should get the start; Hoyer has regressed too far and the Colts game was his last chance. I can't imagine the locker room still supporting Hoyer after defense played their hearts out and still came away with a loss.

My thoughts as well. That Thursday night game was the classic example of a team win. Hoyer didn't outshine there, just did a decent job. The whole team clicked that day across the board.

Galvanizing moment?

"You Fuck with Johnny, you fuck with the Lollipop Guild!"

It's real, and it's spectacular.

Teri? That you?

Jeremy Hill ran his mouth about the Browns?

Jeremy Hill appeared to possess this boldest of attitudes Thursday night after the Cleveland Browns smacked the Cincinnati Bengals on their home field for a nationally televised 24-3 win.

The Bengals rookie running back told ESPN.com's Coley Harvey(h/t NFL.com's Kevin Patra) that besides winning, the Browns didn't do anything special on the football field.

"Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought," Hill told Harvey. "They didn't do anything special to me. I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

Jeremy Hill appeared to possess this boldest of attitudes Thursday night after the Cleveland Browns smacked the Cincinnati Bengals on their home field for a nationally televised 24-3 win.

The Bengals rookie running back told ESPN.com's Coley Harvey(h/t NFL.com's Kevin Patra) that besides winning, the Browns didn't do anything special on the football field.

"Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought," Hill told Harvey. "They didn't do anything special to me. I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

Ah yes, I forgot about the post-smack talk, for lack of a better description. Hard to smack talk when you just got your ass handed to you.

I was thinking he had something to say about the upcoming match.

well now they're saying that JF is ready, which means that Hoyer served his purpose. The writing was on the wall from day one that Manziel was the future and that he was also raw. Hoyer lead this team to some good wins and gave manziel time to acclimate himself to the NFL. Its a shame that the change wasn't made yesterday as even slight competence from the QB position would've secured a win. The past is in the past and now we'll see if he is actually ready to lead an NFL team or just receiving lip service from his OC and QB coach. I'm praying for the former. Go Browns!

Agree Royce, except that "ready" is not an absolute term. Hoyer has been making JM look "readier" for a while now and the Colts game just may have put him across the ready threshold.

Raise the drawbridge or lower the river? Or a bit of both...

My favorite:

I'm curious... can an digital video be worn out? Figured you might know... ;)

Every indication out of Cleveland is Johnny Manziel. Now we just wait for Browns HC Mike Pettine to make it official.

Isn't that what Shefter said last week?

Pettine may use the excuse that the Browns beat the Bengals with Hoyer before, but that again was due to the defense and not anything spectacular Hoyer did. Hoyer got his shot against the Colts and couldn't produce, Colt McCoy looked better against the Colts' secondary. If Pettine isn't afraid to bench others for poor performance (like the running backs and Justin Gilbert) why is he so hesitant on benching Hoyer?

Can only say what Pet has said publically... you are more patient with QB play. I suspect that patience ran out last Sunday, but that's mostly because mine did.

As for Hoyer's most recent performance vs. Cinci... It was 15/23 for 198 w/ 0 TD & 0 INT.

Because Pettine is a Defense minded HC, I think if you could guarantee those would be BH's numbers this coming Sunday, then he'd start Hoyer again in a heartbeat.

The issue is the "guarantee" expired a month ago...

Go Browns...

Archived