THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said I would share a story about Johnny when he was no longer a Brown. It's pretty apparent he has played his last game for us, so here it is as I described to another member of the board.

This was the weekend of the Monday Night game with Baltimore after he got stripped of the starting job, and occurred on Sat night:

I came back from the Cavs Game Saturday night to my hotel, the Westin in downtown Cleveland. We hit a bar for a late-night snack after the game, so it must have been around 1 AM at least. I got in the elevator and realized I lost my key .... I went down to the lobby to get a key. There was a guy checking in with a blonde chick. Obviously drunk off his ass. He was so drunk that it was weird. He seemed young, with a ballcap on, but the rest of his clothes seemed very trendy ... not like a Cleveland local. I stood there forever. He turned around, and it was Johnny. There was no doubt. He was so fucked up that it was actually sad. He was wearing the same orange hat with the T that he wore to the food bank thing earlier in the week. There was no doubt it was him, and his girl. After he left, I said to the front desk guy ... "Is that who I think it is??" And he said "ya, he comes here all time" ... kinda rolling his eyes, yet enjoying the spectacle of it.. It was Him and he was HAMMERED. After he went up the elevator everyone in that part of the lobby, mostly some teenage kids, were talking about what they just saw. It was sad. It was not good.

He was bigger than I thought. I am 5'11, 205 and he was at least my size, which makes sense, I just always think of him as small. His eyes were gone. You could tell he was trying very hard to have a quiet convo with the front desk guy but he was struggling with the words. His pretty girlfriend just stood by with an embarrassed look on her face. It was the opposite of the police story this time, she seemed OK, he seemed drunk off his ass.

The next day, I realized the Browns were staying at my hotel. I saw Danny Shelton and Brian Hartline, they had increased security in the lobby and the were directing the Browns players into one elevator and the rest of us into other ones. I walked around down at the gym level and it had the Browns schedule for the players on the wall. They were all supposed to be checked in by 6 PM Sunday at the hotel, I am guessing Johnny was partying downtown Saturday Night, and decided to go get his room a night early, and judging by the front desk clerk, this is his usual MO. I think they only do a walkthrough the day before the game, so Friday would be his night out, but since we were playing Monday, then Saturday was his last night.

Anyway, I don't want anymore damning info on the kid out on the internet, but I am surprised there isn't more of it. If I saw it, and so did the clerk and the kids by the elevator, you can just imagine how many people see it and don't report it or take pictures, which is good.

This is, of course, a few days after he got demoted for the lying thing, and here was shitfaced out in public.

I hope for the best for him, and it may not affect his playing ability on Sundays at this point in his life, but it will catch up with him if he doesn't curb his appetite a bit. I can see why Pett has him on a short leash, if I saw this, just picking up a key, there must be tons of reports of drunk Johnny out there.

Z

Wow! Thanks for sharing that Z!

That kid even wore out his biggest fans - me included. I'm not gonna lie - I thought there were times we were hyper-sensitizing a 21-22 year old QB partying outside of the work hours where O'Neil said he was usually there before almost everyone and long after most. I continued to think that once he got the gig - all the bullshit would end and we would finally be happy about a QB Cleveland drafted.

Guess what? Another episode of if I had to peg NFL QBs right coming out of college for a living - I'd be sleeping under bridges with Pittsburgh season ticket holders.

Cut him some slack Mud-he's just auditioning for the remake of Cat Ballou. :P

Ha!....nope.....Im so mad today, the gloves are coming off......no one is safe.......esp the drunk punk(and his foolish boss)

Johnny and Haslem deserve each other....

And after 15 years of me supporting complete shit, I think Haslem and his boy are the ones to finally push me over the edge......

Ha!....nope.....Im so mad today, the gloves are coming off......no one is safe.......esp the drunk punk(and his foolish boss)

And after 15 years of me supporting complete shit, I think Haslem and his boy are the ones to finally push me over the edge......

Thatta boy Mud! Don't hold that stuff hostage because the rope-a-dope only leads to brain damage.

I've been following this team since about 1969 and it's looking like the playoffs aren't going to happen in my lifetime. The customer is always first only applies to a good business.

Outside of Joe Thomas, what jersey is longer term than 2 years here?

Easy enough to track with flight data. And if he was there how does get back and dress with the team this morning?

If he is not on the sidelines then the rumor is real and Haslem has already fired him first.

Thatta boy Mud! Don't hold that stuff hostage because the rope-a-dope only leads to brain damage.

I've been following this team since about 1969 and it's looking like the playoffs aren't going to happen in my lifetime. The customer is always first only applies to a good business.

Outside of Joe Thomas, what jersey is longer term than 2 years here?

I dont even know.....Im just seeing red today....hell, Id guess that 40 out 52 players are less than 2 years....

Shit....I dont even want to watch the game now.....and ITS STEELERS week for christ sake....

Jimmy Haslem has no clue what he's doing....no clue whats wrong with his team......no clue how to fix it.....and no clue who to bring in to fix it....

So....for the 3rd time, in 3 tries....he's about to lose again.....and his answer is to just flip the game board over(again), instead of figuring out what moves are needed to win....and with the board flipped, the game ruined and all the pieces flying everywhere....he's scanning the room to see who wants to play next .....

Anybody?.....cmon, its fun......hello???

Now.....if I was in the room and watched this guy flip the board....once....twice.....THRICE......(after PROMISING not to do it)......would I sit down to play with him???......

um, hell no.....

He's starting to sound like his boy Johnny...."I promise things will change blah blah blah...never again blah blah blah....THIS time I will show you blah blah bah.....were gonna change the culture, blah blah blah....."

Then he does the exact same thing......

2 years and out.....THAT IS THE CULTURE......

If he was gonna change THAT culture, like he claimed he would, he just blew it .....

Again

I am actually finding today sort of freeing.

The long painful season is over.

The Johnny Shitshow era is over.

Farmer and Pett are gone (feel sorry for Pett and his staff though).

It is all flushed and we can start with hope anew.

Except Jimmy is making the calls again. Sigh.

Zombo

Easy enough to track with flight data. And if he was there how does get back and dress with the team this morning?

If he is not on the sidelines then the rumor is real and Haslem has already fired him first.

He's in concussion protocol and is inactive so he wouldn't be in uniform anyways. Its possible that he wouldn't even be on the sidelines. I know I've seen Haden on the sidelines the last few weeks but no idea if all of the concussed guys are on the sidelines during the game.

I dont even know.....Im just seeing red today....hell, Id guess that 40 out 52 players are less than 2 years....

Shit....I dont even want to watch the game now.....and ITS STEELERS week for christ sake....

Jimmy Haslem has no clue what he's doing....no clue whats wrong with his team......no clue how to fix it.....and no clue who to bring in to fix it....

So....for the 3rd time, in 3 tries....he's about to lose again.....and his answer is to just flip the game board over(again), instead of figuring out what moves are needed to win....and with the board flipped, the game ruined and all the pieces flying everywhere....he's scanning the room to see who wants to play next .....

Now.....if I was in the room and watched this guy flip the board....once....twice.....THRICE......(after PROMISING not to do it)......would I sit down to play with him???......

um, hell no.....

He's starting to sound like his boy Johnny...."I promise things will change blah blah blah...never again blah blah blah....THIS time I will show you blah blah bah.....were gonna change the culture, blah blah blah....."

If he was gonna change THAT culture, like he claimed he would, he just blew it .....

Again

You've been essentially saying this all season....maybe this simple analogy will finally get though the thick melons of the "fire everyone" crowd who have been saying it since week 4.

um, hell no.....

Again

If its any help at all...

I've had my team leave. I've went thru many down seasons as well. I've had my team start 4-0 and spiral down. I've been pissed and denounced them. Yes it's taken almost two hundred post for me to give in an admit I'm a Cards fan.

Yes the Cards are good right now, but this is the Browns board and Ive really liked the Browns since I was a kid but I follow the Browns ; not a fanatic.

I feel your pain.

I will continue to follow the Browns. I work for Pilot. It seems fitting for me to know and respect them. You're one of the best fans I've seen. I read your posts and am telling you to never give up. Some say it's only a game but for us my brother you must believe its going to happen someday.

If the Cards can do it you can too.

Zombo-thanks for sharing it with me earlier. I did not let it affect my posts, but after the two selfie videos I gave up on him too. No one is more disappointed than me, because I had felt he has the talent all along. What a waste! And for the record if Haslem cleans house he is just as foolish as the QB he wanted so badly.

Zombo

Unfortunately, this is the only continuity we've been trained to expect.

Who in the right mind wants to work for Haslem knowing 3 different regimes have been fired already under his watch?

We're about as secure as Sadaam Hussein was when he had 65 year old security guards that hated his ass in between him and American troops.

Maybe this strategy will help us cope:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+video+of+bob+wiley+i+feel+good%2c+i+feel+great%2c+i+feel+wonderful&view=detail&mid=86A195E5D9A7C1A0615986A195E5D9A7C1A06159&FORM=VIRE1

Not exactly a strong denial. I get that he's not "required" to be in attendance....but wouldn't a good teammate want to be there with his team? Wouldn't the guy who needs to be the "leader" of the organization at least be in the locker room to support the guys?

If its any help at all...

I've had my team leave. I've went thru many down seasons as well. I've had my team start 4-0 and spiral down. I've been pissed and denounced them. Yes it's taken almost two hundred post for me to give in an admit I'm a Cards fan.

Yes the Cards are good right now, but this is the Browns board and Ive really liked the Browns since I was a kid but I follow the Browns ; not a fanatic.

I feel your pain.

I will continue to follow the Browns. I work for Pilot. It seems fitting for me to know and respect them. You're one of the best fans I've seen. I read your posts and am telling you to never give up. Some say it's only a game but for us my brother you must believe its going to happen someday.

If the Cards can do it you can too.

I really appreciate that.....truly.....thanks!

But...like a few others here....Ive been in the game a long long time now.....(40+ years)...seen it all(or so I thought)....

Our family had season seats, starting in 1970....and I attended EVERY.....SINGLE.....GAME.....from 1970 till 1991.....so, thats every game for 21 freaking years......bought, paid for and attended...by moi and pa......plus another 25 years of support since.....

Ive endured Warfield for Phipps....coke head Charles White.....Mad man in a meat market Mike Junkin....got frost bite watching red right 88.....watched us pick Willis Adams, Ron Brown, Steve Holden and Cleveland Crosby(all busts most dont even remember)......I watched Don Rogers die and Eric Turner walk away..... i cried after the Drive....i cried harder after the Fumble.....I needed meds after the move......I once accepted Jim Pine as a good pick.....I cheered on Tim Couch, Courtney Brown and Trent Richardson......I endured the lying bastard Modell.....live through a dead owners son who didnt even want the team.....and now an owner whose ego wont allow him to make reasonable choices....I endured Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and, now, possibly one of the worst QB picks ever in Johnny Punkass Football.....along with a newer, longer list of shit picks like Taylor, Gilbert, Powell, Vardell, Langham, Warren, Green, Winslow, Edwards, Richardson, Mingo and Whimbley....

I have "started over" 16 times now......I am human.....I am very very tired.....and free of ANY hope or faith that Haslem will get it right.....

I think they've finally broken me and my spirit....god have I invested a lot of my life in these fuckers!!.....how many hours?.....how many dollars?.......what a fool.....

but I DO appreciate your attempt at raising my spirits..........thanks for that.

Jimmy Haslem.....if you are reading this???....from a solid SOLID 40 year fan.....FUCK YOU MAN!

Zombo

No guarantees that the Johnny shit show is over. Nothing can happen with him other than outright releasing him until March 1st and I certainly expect a new coach to be hired before then. Maybe the new coach wants a midget QB with lousy technique.

Thanks for that Z.............. It read exactly like I built it up in my mind when you first said you had an encounter.

How about some pics or proof? Any scoombala can post on the Internet that they saw johnny somewhere drunk. Your posting unsubstantiated rumors on the inter for the world to see. RuinING this kids life. It's clear that this is the most popular board for the most popular team and the whole world reads this. My god repeat lost. What if he was your kid.

How about some pics or proof? Any scoombala can post on the Internet that they saw johnny somewhere drunk. Your posting unsubstantiated rumors on the inter for the world to see. RuinING this kids life. It's clear that this is the most popular board for the most popular team and the whole world reads this. My god repeat lost. What if he was your kid.

His own dad called him out publicly for being drunk and immature.

He's in his 20s. He's not a child, he makes his own decisions. He's getting paid to play a kids game and can't keep his shit together.

Fuck him and fuck you.

Archived