THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.

It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.

Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html

Happy New Year Stanley!!!!

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG...I just read about the knee injury. I mean...wow. That's so freaking awful. So angry for the guy.

Not surprised at all. Bill Belichick's scouting report about the "outlaw Manziels" was correct after all. Johnny's displaying a dangerous combination of alcoholism and privilege. His family's always considered themselves above the law so sucker Jimmy forces his front office and coaching staff to draft this jerk (reports now say Carr was Pettine's preferred QB) and this is how he repays Haslam.

Botttomline is it serves Haslam right but now we have many families losing their jobs without recompense (junior coaching staff, front office grunts) because of this selfish pr**k.

I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

LOL! :lol: 

Jiggins-I totally agree with all but one thing. Don't cut him to cut off the nose to spite the face. Trade him for whatever we can get.

But I must admit Billy Manziel Day really has a "Cleveland Carousel" ring to it. I'd fly up there just for that alone. :D

Jerry wanted Johnny. Everyone knows it. I would guess Jerry still wants him, though Johnny may be showing that his problems are too major to coexist with life as an NFL qb.

As bad as he's been, Johnny would be an upgrade at backup qb for the Cowboys. I would guess that Cleveland will call Jerry every day pushing for some kind of trade. Any value now for Johnny is a plus.

Cutting him gains nothing. Keeping him can't be feasible, can it? Get what you can, sever all ties. This seems like the best move to me. This assumes that Jerry still wants him, which, with everything that's happened, may not be true anymore.

Yea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:

RGIII.

Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.

So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.

It's not a freaking "coin flip". Identify the BEST prospect, then draft him.

Fuckin' hell......if JT does happen to leave, then the Browns may have to draft a left tackle.....and some sources have the guy from Ole Miss: "Tunsil" as the #1 best prospect.

Think about that.

guys, next year is going to be "horrible". we'll be lucky to win as many games as this year. WHy not keep the kid and make him go out there and run for his life? I'm serious the Billy Manziel thing could be a marketing coup for the Browns. At least it would be if I ran the dept, marketing is kind of my thing. If the whole Ron Mexico thing hadn't revolved around the herpes simplex thing I think it would have gone further. The old Falcons #7 Mexico jerseys were the greatest things I've ever seen. Whoever the NFL employee was who put the order in for those jerseys, I hope they promoted him even though they had to put a stop to the herp jerseys. That guy had a real eye for marketing .

Fuckin' hell......if JT does happen to leave, then the Browns may have to draft a left tackle.....and some sources have the guy from Ole Miss: "Tunsil" as the #1 best prospect.

Think about that.

There will come a day when we need a new LT. Let's just hope it's not for a few years yet.

If I'm running our draft, I'm drafting Bosa if at all possible. If not, I'm thinking long and hard about Goff, he seems like the only real top-10 calibre QB pick. Outside of those two, there's a bunch of question marks or positions we don't need. Will Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith come back from injury effectively? Tunsill and Stanley are tackles, and assuming JT and Schwartz, it's a luxury pick. With Haden and Williams, we're *OK* if not spectacular at CB, and with Gipson/Whitner, we're fine there too (assuming both stay), so Hargreaves and Ramsay are again good prospects that don't marry with a dire need like Bosa.

and what's the word on jayln? He was my 1b choice behind Bosa, but a very very very close 2nd to Bosa. I think you build a base 4-3 around Bosa and throw some 3-4 looks with him at the 5 tech. His kind of versatility is hard to pass up. Attitude is my only concern with him. Couple more words about Cleveland and I was ready to make him the 1b behind smith. Now though, not sure about this knee injury.

Sadly though, he is the most "entertainment value" of this franchise. Although the poster-boy of all that has gone wrong with this franchise since 1996 ... and that is really saying something to be vaulted at the top of that class at this stage of the fiasco. I'm starting to really like this guy now. He's freaking crazy! I'm not sure that I'm sane, or you're sane (for being here, still engaged in this franchise). I was numb, but now I'm glued to this circus ... this is unbelievable.

Bravo or E! needs to sign him up to do a reality show...just follow him around and see what stupid shit he can get into.

That's Entertainment!

I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

That would be freeking hilarious...if it were not one of our own players. Of course you know there is talk of sending him to Dallas.....and Dallas does come to play in Cleveland next year. THAT would be the time for all the fans to break out the fake nose/mustache/glasses and white wigs.

Wig makers are going to have a field day. I mean....I changed my avatar to show RR in a white wig the day before this story broke....so maybe I am clairvoyant.

There will come a day when we need a new LT. Let's just hope it's not for a few years yet.

If I'm running our draft, I'm drafting Bosa if at all possible. If not, I'm thinking long and hard about Goff, he seems like the only real top-10 calibre QB pick. Outside of those two, there's a bunch of question marks or positions we don't need. Will Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith come back from injury effectively? Tunsill and Stanley are tackles, and assuming JT and Schwartz, it's a luxury pick. With Haden and Williams, we're *OK* if not spectacular at CB, and with Gipson/Whitner, we're fine there too (assuming both stay), so Hargreaves and Ramsay are again good prospects that don't marry with a dire need like Bosa.

With a short trade down....I might like Vernon Hargreaves at CB. Haden's condition concerns me. That is assuming Bosa is gone and no QB is deemed worthy...which I don't right now think they are.

That would be freeking hilarious...if it were not one of our own players. Of course you know there is talk of sending him to Dallas.....and Dallas does come to play in Cleveland next year. THAT would be the time for all the fans to break out the fake nose/mustache/glasses and white wigs.

Wig makers are going to have a field day. I mean....I changed my avatar to show RR in a white wig the day before this story broke....so maybe I am clairvoyant.

Yes Gip, you are truly psycho. :P

I think it would be great to do it even on opening day next year with Manziel starting under center. A stadium full of people with the jerseys and wigs/mustache going nuts when he scrambles for a 1st down. It would be marketing genius. Let him jet off to vegas on bye weeks but tell him he has to walk around as "Billy".

Archived