THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Tannehill was decent. Unfortunately, under Sherman all he ever did was throw a 12 yard hitch. Went 6-6 in his final year when we were preseason top 5, routinely gave up double digit leads in the 2nd half. He's a great kid and a good QB. He can't hold Johnny's jock.

OK then. Good to know.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with a LOT of this article. Why is the organization trying so hard to downplay Johnny, while every other team is talking up their 1st round pick as the 2nd coming?

http://www.bettingsports.com/browns-continue-to-be-really-weird-about-johnny-manziel/

Hate to shout but it's BECAUSE THE BROWNS FRONT OFFICE AND COACHING STAFF WANTS TO GIVE THE MANZIEL FANYBOYS A REALITY CHECK, AND TAKE THEIR EXPECTATIONS DOWN A NOTCH. JF ISN'T PASSING FOR 4,000 YARDS, 30 TDS AND TAKE THE BROWNS TO THE SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR.

I don't come here for validation...

You rehash others' opinions and work, and then argue as if it's your own. Is never confuse you + original.

And I never confuse you and clever...

As for your validation claim... it's laughable. I know this because of all the absurd statements you make to belittle those who have the audacity of arguing opinions that are different with yours. Branding Manziel skeptics "haters" recently being your most oft used. Confident folks don't resort to tactics like that.

As for my alledged plagiarism, if you ever do have the time in your busy schedule to substantiate that flight of fantasy, please post it. Till then just know that repeating your lie makes it no more true.

And I'm not sure what exactly it is you're doing continuing to obsess over me, my last post wasn't directed at you (but it obviously must fit if you found it necessary to reply :)), but I'd recommend finding a new hobby or maybe a support group.

(Above edited in while I was replying to rest of your post.)

I chimed in because you expanded your scope to attacking choco...

who had called you on your BS towards me a couple pages back.

And he was not even a JM detractor... lol...

But you did not know that because you "can't read everything here"...

yet come here "to learn"...

yet...

it's mind boggling...

Howdy back and we'll talk again when you're a Browns fan for real.

So dense... so diluded...

Nothing has been proven except your inexhaustible ability to cling to your fanciful, empty narrative...

No one will root against us simply to be right about JM, least of all me...

If he turns out to be the guy, I'll gladly admit being wrong.

If he turns out not to be, you will say "I always preferred Teddy B"... because you did... for months...

Now post your little JF gif again since you have nothing else to add to the conversation...

It is amazing isn't it?

I don't think anyone here will root against the Browns just to see Manziel fail, but there are a certain select few who have made their stance clear on the Manziel front and refuse to acknowledge his strengths. These are the few that I believe Mike is referencing, and these are probably the same guys who will be the first to say "we won IN SPITE of Manziel" whenever they get the opportunity.

That's the difference I see between Manziel supporters and detractors. The supporters, for the most part, are just as quick to point out Manziel's flaws as they are his strengths. They (if they're like me) find the flaws to be true claims, but not necessarily valid. The detractors see no good in Manziel and take every opportunity to attribute something ridiculous to one of his flaws, even if there's no correlation.

I don't deny that Manziel is a shitty jackass off the field. I don't deny that he looks like a weaselly asshole and he probably would warrant a punch in the dick. I don't deny that it scares me how much he runs around. I don't deny that he's (slightly) undersized. He's all of those things.

But he's also a natural passer and not just a thrower, something the detractors don't like to mention. He's a clutch player, something that the detractors like to attribute to Mike Evans although he was only responsible for 12 of Manziel's 52 third (or fourth) down conversions. Honestly, if those were the only two assets he possessed, I'd still be happy with the pick. Cleveland hasn't seen a natural clutch passer in years.

However, Manziel also possesses the "it" factor, whatever "it" may be. As I stated in a previous post, there have been very few times that a Browns QB has trotted onto the field in a save situation and I thought to myself "he's got this." I can honestly say that I only recall experiencing that feeling twice- once against Minnesota with Hoyer and once against New Orleans with Colt McCoy ( a game where he really didn't even do anything).

I think it was pretty obvious that I preferred Bortles over the rest of the crop but I am happy that we at least landed Manziel, because I can see his value as it pertains to Shanahan's offensive system. If Manziel fails, yes...I will say that I did prefer Bortles. I will always say that I preferred Bortles. But we didn't get the opportunity to take Bortles.

(For another time- I believe that we may have actually targeted Bortles at #4, but when Jacksonville took him, we took the first trade call we could and went with Plan B. I do not believe that the Buffalo trade was our plan all along.)

Great post TCPO. If I had the time when I originally posted my "empty" narrative earlier, it would have included more of the same.

As for Bortles -- I did like him, but I don't think he was their Plan "A": https://twitter.com/LullOnSports/status/464605479130632193

Alas, we'll never truly know.

To me, this reeks of Roethlisberger all over again.

this forum has become unbearable with all the johnny fagboy fans.

how much would we get in a trade for him now?

fuck cut him so one of these gay boys can pick him up in the pink cados with camo leather. corinthean camo that is.

FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU AND YES, FUCK YOU TOO.

great avatar btw TCPO.

For godsakes whether it be Hoyer, JF, or Freddy Free-agent the browns top priority for week one start is to have him start week 17 and every week inbetween. There is no exception to this. This one single stat is completely unexcusable and really embarrassing. Time for someone to be the browns Iron man.

Nope, this thread has very little information to learn from. Mostly people like you trying hard to accept the fact that you were wrong while trying not to overtly say you are rooting for JF to fail. I saw one of Choco's posts and got that impression, and I didn't read his previous post because I missed a few pages.

I told him sorry, I misinterpreted what he wrote, because I actually respect a lot of his opinions--sometimes, when he's not a cock. But he's fun, and gives interesting takes.

Same can't be said for you.

Wrong about what? I said I didn't want Manziel to be drafted by the Browns. Well, he did get drafted by the Browns, So Mr Jesus avatar, St. Francis said don't sweat the things you can't change. I hope he proves me wrong- big time. If he lives up to the hype, he'll be to football what Tiger Woods is to golf- and incidentally there's a bunch of folks that don't like Tiger either. Should he flop, Cleveland will be to the NFL as the Washington Generals are to the Harlem Globetrotters. BTW, even if he turns out to be "great"- that doesn't necessarily mean I have to like him- need an example? Ray Lewis.

I don't think anyone here will root against the Browns just to see Manziel fail, but there are a certain select few who have made their stance clear on the Manziel front and refuse to acknowledge his strengths. These are the few that I believe Mike is referencing, and these are probably the same guys who will be the first to say "we won IN SPITE of Manziel" whenever they get the opportunity.

That's the difference I see between Manziel supporters and detractors. The supporters, for the most part, are just as quick to point out Manziel's flaws as they are his strengths. They (if they're like me) find the flaws to be true claims, but not necessarily valid. The detractors see no good in Manziel and take every opportunity to attribute something ridiculous to one of his flaws, even if there's no correlation.

I don't deny that Manziel is a shitty jackass off the field. I don't deny that he looks like a weaselly asshole and he probably would warrant a punch in the dick. I don't deny that it scares me how much he runs around. I don't deny that he's (slightly) undersized. He's all of those things.

But he's also a natural passer and not just a thrower, something the detractors don't like to mention. He's a clutch player, something that the detractors like to attribute to Mike Evans although he was only responsible for 12 of Manziel's 52 third (or fourth) down conversions. Honestly, if those were the only two assets he possessed, I'd still be happy with the pick. Cleveland hasn't seen a natural clutch passer in years.

However, Manziel also possesses the "it" factor, whatever "it" may be. As I stated in a previous post, there have been very few times that a Browns QB has trotted onto the field in a save situation and I thought to myself "he's got this." I can honestly say that I only recall experiencing that feeling twice- once against Minnesota with Hoyer and once against New Orleans with Colt McCoy ( a game where he really didn't even do anything).

At least from my POV, his weakness outweighed his strengths. Yeah, I saw those spectacular plays- I also saw him take off running with receivers wide open. Mike H. seems to think everyone who doesn't already worship at the Manziel altar is somehow a hatah- and coming from this Browns fan, he's full of shit. Difference is the backers minimize his weaknesses, the skeptics (that would be me and a few others) maximize them. I said pre-draft I thought JF was an injury risk with his style of play- MH oh no, anyone can get injured. Well you know who else said on ESPN today JF will get hurt with that style of play? Bill Parcells- so go put that in your pipe and smoke it Mike.

TC, let's just say I want to see the "it" factor for at least a full (injury free) season before I say wow, that JF was really a great pick. 20 qb busts and counting will make a skeptic out of you.

Now you're getting it.

Manziel is the man in Cleveland, and ya'll need to get used to it.

Trust me, you'll come around by mid season when he has us playoff bound

You already have both Johnny's home and away gamedays ordered yet? Buy a couple dozen of the SI mags so Johnny can autograph them at $100 a pop?

If no one has seen the presser of him and Gilbert on the Browns home page, you need to. The kid does not talk like the little bastard he is cut out to be. The whole money thing with his hands was something that a guy on his team made up as a secert hand shake during games, and kinda blew up. Johnny has done nothing really wrong off the field that deserves so much shit. The media has build the JF persona, he is just living the dream. You know damn well if any other player had that kind of attention, that they would do the same thing. Look at Mike Sam the first openly gay player, hed said football will come first, now he has a damn show on the Oprah network. Its time to buy in guys and girls. Manziel is the kind of fun Cleveland hasnt had in awhile. There will be a media circus, so what. Just enjoy the games.

Thats just it Hoorta, the supposed injury concern is really his only glaring weakness, when compared to the other available QBs. Who was the last QB who failed because of injury....Joe Theisman? He even acknowledged he won't be able to do some of the stuff he did in college. Every QB coming into the NFL has to learn to protect themselves.

Archived