THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, he did right with a kid. He still hasn't thrown one pass in a game for the Browns and all of you have him as the the second coming of Bernie Kosar. Where's the threads for all the charity events and programs current players are doing and have done?

Who gives a Fuck really??? I help mentally and physically damaged lives every day. Honestly I expect this from everyone who makes more than my six figure job anyways. I expect this from anyone period. WW ur so Michel samm for this guy it's almost too over the top sometimes. U wanted him before the draft I didn't. But guess what he's here now and ALL Browns fans are on the same level as far as being Johnny Football fans. I wanted Joe Thomas 2 yrs before he was drafted but once the Browns drafted him I didn't have to walk around beating my chest and act like I had actually done or won something myself. If he ends up sucking I'm sure Ull be the one that says Well what did u expect from him being drafted by the Browns.

From the most negative stupid fuck on the browns board, except for Choco. Fuck you.

well if his football career doesn't work out he sure has the door open for a political run.

show me someone who is on the fast track to stardom and i'll show you an agent who already has 10 positive PR stories in his back pocket just like this.

now all he has to do is save a puppy from a burning building.

LOL-You may not believe this but he actually did run out into heavy traffic one day near Kyle Field to save a kitten caught in the middle.

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2012/9/26/3413172/johnny-manziel-moves-one-step-closer-to-sainthood

!st off i started the thread cause thought a good story! i t wasnt a do you like or dont like johnny post! with that said no where did i ever say i think manziel will be a star i wasnt 1 screaming to draft him. With that said ill root for him as any TRUE browns fan would now but ill root for him even more after reading this story.

!st off i started the thread cause thought a good story! i t wasnt a do you like or dont like johnny post! with that said no where did i ever say i think manziel will be a star i wasnt 1 screaming to draft him. With that said ill root for him as any TRUE browns fan would now but ill root for him even more after reading this story.

This post has shown the GOOD side of a star athlete when there are so many negative happenings with athletes these days.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Mike

Twitterverse fallout :

ESPN Cleveland @ESPNCleveland 2h What really happened in the #Browns draft room one week ago? You'll get a first-hand account next on @ESPNCleveland Tonight on ESPN 850 WKNR

ESPN Cleveland @ESPNCleveland 2h Loggains: Manziel texted me and said “I wish you guys would come get me.” I forwarded that to the owner & HC & they said let’s go get him.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo 4h Loggains: We had to get in front of the Chiefs b/c we knew they’d take Manziel. When we traded up, I knew we were going to take him.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/05/15/qb-coach-dowell-loggains-says-in-radio-interview-text-from-johnny-manziel-prompted-browns-to-draft-him/#comments

CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) – The legend of how Johnny Manziel landed in Cleveland with the Browns last Thursday night added another chapter Thursday.

A simple text from Manziel to Browns quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains set the wheels in motion.

In a radio interview with Bo Mattingly, host of “SportsTalk With Bo Mattingly” which airs weekdays on 5 Arkansas radio stations, Loggains talked about the text that prompted owner Jimmy Haslam, general manager Ray farmer and head coach Mike Pettine to go get him.

You can find the complete interview on Bo Mattingly’s website: http://sportstalkwithbo.com.

According to Loggains, as Manziel kept sliding down the board in round 1, he sent Loggains a text that read: “I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to wreck this league together.”

Loggains quickly forwarded the text to Haslam and Pettine.

That’s when Haslam made the decision that they were going to trade up to get Johnny Football and the Browns knew they had to get in front of Kansas City to do it.

Also in the interview Loggains said that he knew when he took the job with the Browns that Haslam was very high on Manziel.

Loggains ended up working out 14 quarterbacks before the draft and when it was all said and done, Manziel was the top QB on their draft board.

“It was Manziel and then everybody else,” Loggains told Matthews.

Link to the radio interview:

http://sportstalkwithbo.com/site/index.php

Yeah, posted this on another thread :

ESPN Cleveland @ESPNCleveland 2h What really happened in the #Browns draft room one week ago? You'll get a first-hand account next on @ESPNCleveland Tonight on ESPN 850 WKNR

ESPN Cleveland @ESPNCleveland 2h Loggains: Manziel texted me and said “I wish you guys would come get me.” I forwarded that to the owner & HC & they said let’s go get him.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo 4h Loggains: We had to get in front of the Chiefs b/c we knew they’d take Manziel. When we traded up, I knew we were going to take him.

So many people want to see Johnny fail,

they really do and I think it's hilarious when it's going to backfire in their face.

Deep down inside they know they love him, and will grow to love him.

Who wants Manziel to fail? He is a Brown now, and while a lot are worried that he will flop, I don't think any browns fan would want to see another wasted first round pick. I really hope I do end up loving Johnny, but he'll have to earn it.

Article in todays USA Today about haslems complete idiocy in labeling JF to act like a Backup.

Shut the Fuck up and write the checks Flying J

"Thats when Haslam made the decision that they were going to trade up to get Johnny Football"

Hopefully the reporter got this wrong, otherwise Haslam is a liar(shocker!) as he's said multiple times he was hands off and let Farmer do his job. Otherwise this move is Jerry Jones like, and that's scary...

The Cowboys admit they had Manziel as their #1 guy on their board, but they

decided to wait and picked another player.

Johnny Manziel had me not seeing his definite ability to have his skills

translate into Ohio weather.

But the Browns know he certainly can, and has the heart, love for the game, intelligence,

everything, to be the guy. And the story of his friendship with the young man is

icing on the cake of who he is as a person off the field. That friendship was real

about 2 years before anybody knew his name outside of the local folks. That's upper

tier classy.

I have no qualms now about JF. I'm a huge fan, now, and they nabbed him after getting

the top athletic cover corner in the entire draft.., that's smarter than brilliant, whatever the word is for that.

WW ur so Michel samm for this guy it's almost too over the top sometimes. U wanted him before the draft I didn't. But guess what he's here now and ALL Browns fans are on the same level as far as being Johnny Football fans. I wanted Joe Thomas 2 yrs before he was drafted but once the Browns drafted him I didn't have to walk around beating my chest and act like I had actually done or won something myself. If he ends up sucking I'm sure Ull be the one that says Well what did u expect from him being drafted by the Browns.

CD- guess what? WW ain't listening. He's a far worse JF fannyboy (gee, I like that misspelling- it was an accident, honest) than PG ever was with Richardson & McCoy. Sort of getting annoying.

Good, gives him even more attitude and edge.

Rogers fell, Brees fell, Wilson fell, tons of great QB's took a fall.

If Manziel blossoms into what we all think he can be, it's going to be entertaining watching Jerry Jones dwell into misery.

Not to mention, he's going to be the most exciting player in the NFL

Again- that's your perception- it's what you think . Some of us want to see it for real- and for more than a couple of games- before we say wow, great pick.

Who wants Manziel to fail? He is a Brown now, and while a lot are worried that he will flop, I don't think any browns fan would want to see another wasted first round pick. I really hope I do end up loving Johnny, but he'll have to earn it.

Exactly, & that's what Walter seemingly can't get through his thick head. The analogy would be- my horse didn't win the Kentucky Derby. Does that mean I'm going to sulk about it for months, and hope the horse that did win breaks a leg? Hell no.

Well the season hasn't started yet so I can't really "show you anything" I can show you this:

It's one of the girls Johnny hooked up with. No hate here, just love, I hope it brings you a lot of joy.

Same old shit. Some of us really don't give a rat's ass how many hot chicks Johnny hug out with in the past, you seem to have a fixation on it though. But in the future, it might make a difference as Browns fans if he gets in a Ben Rothlisberger situation with some bimbo. Has nothing to do with his on field football ability. Yeah- being a big time football star (and really rich) will make you a chick magnet- if that's your goal, so tell me something I don't know. If I want to see bimbos in action, I can tune into the Real Housewhores of Atlanta anytime.

^ Can't you just fucking be happy for once?

Good god, some of you just bitch bitch bitch NO MATTER WHAT WE DO or who we draft.

I swear to god you get more satisfaction bitching about the Browns than seeing them potentially do well.

We have a fucking badass CB duo, a new OG, a new fast ILB, a badass RB, and possibly our franchise QB and you still find a way to kill the mood.

AND we are fucking loaded with picks next year.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY DRAGGING others down with it's shitty mood man.

We fucking did well but your so jaded with pessimism to anyone with a positive attitude.

I'm actually starting to like this pick at 22.

I don't think he should start, but he should be used in packages immediatly.

If yur gonna start him day one at PIT, well, ummmmm, good luck wit dat . . .I would like to see that.

I don't think it's a great idea, but it would make for an interesting game.

One of my favorite aspects of that pick is that it put the final nail in Mike Holmgren's coffin coz it was his Richardson pick that he would have resigned over being traded to the Colts if he had not already been fired. What an idiot. I can't even believe he would be so stupid to have said that.

Of all the shitty things that have happened to the Browns since their return, the Mike Holmgren era sits at the top of that pile of shit.

You're a fucking melon head if you think I'm a bandwagon fan.

Just because you're pissed off, angry, jealous, bitter, and a total dope that we got Manziel.

Hahaha in your face dude, we got Manziel and there isn't shit you can do about it.

Oh hey look, you said the same shit to this guy over in this thread... clever

Archived