THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game you are watching A&M had a new offensive coordinator - the former one had left to be HC at Texas Tech.

Swope was a wide-out, not a tight end. He was drafted by the Cardinals but concussions forced his retirement before he even played a game.

Manziel was a different QB in 2013 than he was in 2012. Stayed in the pocket a lot longer instead of running to make a play.

You are correct that he very seldom throws the ball away. He will need to improve on that, IMO. Also, he is prone to predetermining what receiver he's going to.

I think it's funny that you guys are getting all bent out of shape on a message board about how much WW likes JF. I rarely post on the board, but I stop in and read quite frequently. I literally picture a bunch of grumpy old men sitting in an old tavern, bitching about every single thing they can possibly think of.

Good times Dude

I don't care if we took Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles (actually he's the 1 I didn't want) or any other QB... I am supporting them 100%!

You mean you are supporting the one the Browns took 100%, no? Not all of them? Fuck the rest of them...those teams can have their turn at having Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden playing for them.

You can choose to live your life with a positive outlook or you can sit around and bitch and complain about the negative things that haven't happened yet. That's your choice. Personally, I'm refreshed by seeing someone like WW that is incredibly optimistic about Manziel's potential. I'm not going to run around an annoint him as the next great QB in the NFL, but I'd much rather read WW's incredible excitement than the negativity that spews from the other so-called fans.

Fair enough. Its all good.....until it goes bad. (see the Quinn/Weeden example). We have had enough of it going bad. Hopefully the worm has turned.

hey Mike, get lost. maybe you'll get caught in a tsunami while you're there.

make sure you hold little walter's hands on the beach. don't want a great white jumping on the beach thinking he's a sea lion.

talk about 2 little babies. geez.

("i called it! i did, not you, but me! me! me! me! you're a hater, wah.) what did i say about this generation? this just proves my point. hey, i told you!

and a QB coach really? when did we decide to give this piece of shit 15 mins of fame albeit riding on the coat tails of JF? hit the bricks bitch!

I wouldn't be acting like this if the people I'm doing it towards didn't deserve it.

It's not my fault they can't accept it.

i doubt if said person(s) can't accept it.

like watching the property value fall in this place once the munsters moved in next door.

Exactly Gipper, I'm behind the Browns and Manziel 100%.

If it goes bad with Manziel, then it goes bad, shit happens. But I'm going to choose to be optimistic about the positive abilities that he has, until he clearly shows that he's not capable. IMO, it's ridiculous that "fans" are running around right now talking about how "bad" he is.

Read the other posts, above yours, the ones with actual facts not bitter resentment and wishful thinking.

My quote said that I actually heard the interview and the quote is correct. Is that what you're saying I'm wrong on? Or my opinion that Jimmy is transforming into Jerry Jones? This is my 2nd attempt to have a conversation with you.

I wonder how many teams he texted that to

If he texted it to any other team that will probably come out in the news. I honestly think he wants to be in Cleveland and he's winning me over. Not going to buy the jersey until he gets us to the playoffs, and I hate that money-sign he keeps doing, but yeah, he's a Brown now and I'm behind him 100%.

I also disagree that Haslam is becoming Jerry Jones. Why bother hiring a GM if you plan to make those decisions? Haslam is behaving exactly as a good owner should. He's removed the people who had a me-first mentality, brought in a coach and GM who are in lock step and are football people, and empowered them to make the best decisions for the team.

I guess reading this for yourself was asking too much.

Believe whatever you want, but you're wrong to say Haslam is becoming Jerry Jones.

Manziel was Farmer's top QB, and he wanted to make the move up for him--he tried at No. 11 with Titans, even.

Need me to hold your hand more?

In case you're not familiar with Zegura and Browns Daily... it's the official show of the team. He has access to the team and War Room.

You are a condescending, little punk that would get his jaw broken if you had the balls to speak like this to someone in real life. Continue to be a wanna be internet sensation blogger who acts tough behind the keyboard.

1) I heard the interview with my own ears and know what I heard. If you're calling my a liar, fuck you.

2) My tongue and cheek remark about Jimmy was just that, but apparently you're too busy thinking of your next witty, smarmy ass comment to comprehend English.

Only goes to show this kid have no idea what he's facing in the NFL.

"wreck this league" together?

OH SHIT...

?

I'm confused. Are you saying this proves he has no idea what to expect in the NFL? As if being a rookie wasn't enough to prove that to you?

Or are you old and not up with the lingo?

Or are you just a Manziel hater?

Not going to buy the jersey until he gets us to the playoffs, and I hate that money-sign he keeps doing, but yeah, he's a Brown now and I'm behind him 100%.

Aren't they getting new jerseys next year? I'd just wait until then regardless. I'm not sure if I should post this. Fuck jersey threads.

I wonder how long it will be that most every thread turns into a "Johnny will be great vs Johnny will suck" debate? Hopefully it will end soon, but I'm guessing it won't until he is either the next Steve Young, or the next Brady Quinn. Then, we will have to live through the "I told you so" threads.............. Hopefully it's the Johnny Lovers that are the ones gloating.

Couldn't care less if Haslam did order the pick but I'll say that the OC did a dumb thing by opening his mouth in the interview.

I like Zegura and listen to Browns Daily often but it's hardly a reliable source if your are after some objective info since they're both employed by the Browns.

It's just media bullshit... something to talk about.

nOhvUibrRAKGdNzLNf2G.png

the bittersweet pill in all of this is loggains will prob get a 'better not do it again" reprimand by someone above him.

i guess when you're from arkansas..............stoopid is as stoopid does. what'd it take some dimwit 10 mins. to ruin haslam's tight lip rule of all rookies and training camp etc.?

I'll be doing it myself if he beats the Squeelers!

hell the entire browns fanbase will be doing that shit from now on. at work. on the beach.

i'll do it when i walk away from the bartender and he's looking for money. in your face nword!

Archived