THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Well said Mik. But in regard to music, as we say on our audio board, if they say it's too loud, turn it up until you can't hear 'em bitch. I have 1,000+ watts in my Man Cave, and I'm not afraid to use 'em.

me too. i was just throwing out the bait hoping for a great white to yank the line. thought one of the youngins would've stepped on that bouncing betty by now.

i'm the worse offender with the loud music, especially after a couple of pops. all i hear is the old lady from zappa's joe's garage screaming "TURN IT DOWN!!!"

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised at this side.

I've previously commented on him sitting and talking with a youngster (maybe a coach's son?) on the A&M bench during one game this past year. Looked to be totally into the chat.

Then during the game's last play, a game deciding FG, he was kneeling with the kid and holding hands as part of a longer prayer chain... I trust one or more of our new Browns fans can recall the specific game.

In neither instance would he have been aware that the camera was on him. So like the OP's story, I've no doubt this is all genuine Johnny.

The issue is not whether or not he is a good kid. The issue is that he is a kid and as such was ill-equipped to handle the fame thrust upon him in 2012.

I've no doubt he is better equipped for his fame today than he was last year, but it's been a rough road getting from 2012 to now and the process continues. I think that part of that continuing process is the Rookie Mini-camp restriction on the national press.

Who gives a Fuck really??? I help mentally and physically damaged lives every day. Honestly I expect this from everyone who makes more than my six figure job anyways. I expect this from anyone period. WW ur so Michel samm for this guy it's almost too over the top sometimes. U wanted him before the draft I didn't. But guess what he's here now and ALL Browns fans are on the same level as far as being Johnny Football fans. I wanted Joe Thomas 2 yrs before he was drafted but once the Browns drafted him I didn't have to walk around beating my chest and act like I had actually done or won something myself. If he ends up sucking I'm sure Ull be the one that says Well what did u expect from him being drafted by the Browns.

I wholeheartedly agree with the restrictions on national press at mini-camp. If asked, I would bet that JM would agree as well. He gives every indication of being anxious to start learning to take the next step to the pros and, unlike Bridgewater, seems to be happy to be picked by Cleveland.

He's not your typical qb. He doesn't need to read defenses pre-snap as well as pocket qb's because he has the ability to run. If he cant get the ball out on time he takes it down and runs or scrambles to buy time and pass when they are open. That's his style. If you do not agree with then you don't know NFL football.

Pretty sure that's what JaMarcus Russell, Terrelle Pryor and even Vince Young thought... How'd that work out for them? But nice pre-emptive "you don't know football" insult...

It's that "style" that concerns some of us that he will be hurt at the NFL level. The sooner JM learns to make the reads, the more effective he will be and the longer he will last.

I'd rather the best man start and help The Browns win games and be an exciting relevant football team again

I'll drink to that...

Walter, I most definitely am not consumed by hate and bitterness, and you're totally clueless if you think I am.

h, the whole hate thing is simply the last resort of the weak-minded that cannot be bothered to consider the view of another.

Well said Mik. But in regard to music, as we say on our audio board, if they say it's too loud, turn it up until you can't hear 'em bitch. I have 1,000+ watts in my Man Cave, and I'm not afraid to use 'em.

1000 W? Is that all?

I once calculated that my HT rated at 7.2 hp... :)

He fuck your boyfriend?

Nice twist... you're on a roll...

Who gives a Fuck really??? I help mentally and physically damaged lives every day. Honestly I expect this from everyone who makes more than my six figure job anyways. I expect this from anyone period. WW ur so Michel samm for this guy it's almost too over the top sometimes. U wanted him before the draft I didn't. But guess what he's here now and ALL Browns fans are on the same level as far as being Johnny Football fans. I wanted Joe Thomas 2 yrs before he was drafted but once the Browns drafted him I didn't have to walk around beating my chest and act like I had actually done or won something myself. If he ends up sucking I'm sure Ull be the one that says Well what did u expect from him being drafted by the Browns.

Who pissed in your Wheaties today CD? As a 30+ year firefighter I helped people everyday too. I still thought it was a class thing to do on JF's part. BTW, I wasn't a big JFF fan.

Not saying its not class. just sayin someone in his position should be obligated to do those types of things. I like the pick of JF because of the draft position they took him at. At #4 it might have been one of the worst draft picks of all time.

And then you have homos sayin all the media did was make him look like a bad guy. Please without the media JF doesnt sniff the first round.

Guess im just getting burnt out on the JF drama already and he may not even play in 2014 (if this was a legit organization)

well if his football career doesn't work out he sure has the door open for a political run.

show me someone who is on the fast track to stardom and i'll show you an agent who already has 10 positive PR stories in his back pocket just like this.

now all he has to do is save a puppy from a burning building.

Without the media. The only people that would have seen ANYONE play would be the people in the stands.

ur kinda on the manziel dick by yourself buddy. nobody has been blowin that kid harder than you. i get it your excited. But JF is a media Darling and you act like espn held him back. He fell to 22 because that is where he belonged. as it stands now JF wasnt even in the browns top 5 as far as there board. Ill root for him, hes MY QB now and that goes along way. but dont worry i wont be one to say "they finally listened to me"

I want to see how johnny football looks in some preseason action before making an evaluation. Sure the preseason isn't all serious but we can still make a partial judgement on things he does. Saying that, I would rather him be taking the 1st team snaps and be getting some good usage in the 3rd and 4th preseason game.

If no one has seen the presser of him and Gilbert on the Browns home page, you need to. The kid does not talk like the little bastard he is cut out to be. The whole money thing with his hands was something that a guy on his team made up as a secert hand shake during games, and kinda blew up. Johnny has done nothing really wrong off the field that deserves so much shit. The media has build the JF persona, he is just living the dream. You know damn well if any other player had that kind of attention, that they would do the same thing. Look at Mike Sam the first openly gay player, hed said football will come first, now he has a damn show on the Oprah network. Its time to buy in guys and girls. Manziel is the kind of fun Cleveland hasnt had in awhile. There will be a media circus, so what. Just enjoy the games.

its funny how people think johnny has to be dedicaitng 100 percent of his time to football.

For the first time in so long, I'm absolutely refreshed to be a Browns fan... We are getting national media attention and getting all kinds of support.

But fucking negative, dwelling, awful, stressful people trying to bring down the high, fuck their shitty attitude. I'll stay on cloud 9 and be happy to celebrate.

Misery loves company so let them dwell like dopes and losers for all I give a shit. Manziel Mania far outweighs the negative so it's looking up for us

Yep, definately agree. Manziel can be the guy that we were looking for for a long time. If tim tebow and his cripple arm can lead a good defense to the playoffs, than hell johnny sure as hell get there witht he browns defense.

Most people would see this good story for what it is, just that a great heartwarming story. Your apparent need to thread crap it is honesly just pure bullshit. If you really cared about the handicapped you help everyday you should understand why it warms peoples hearts to hear this. Its nice to read something like this about a professional athlete as opposed to how they knocked out their fiance or got busted smoking weed again. I dont really think it needed you to come in and asshole it up.

Good, gives him even more attitude and edge.

I hope so. Didnt work with BQ and these two are very compariable

Rogers fell, Brees fell, Wilson fell, tons of great QB's took a fall.

Rogers yea i guess. Brees and Wilson not so much. Its not like they were sitting in the green room. IMO very select qbs should ever go in the Top 10. Manning, Luck, ect. IMO franchise qbs should be found in the latter half the first round.

If Manziel blossoms into what we all think he can be, it's going to be entertaining watching Jerry Jones dwell into misery.

Again I hope so but if the Browns turn the corner Im not giving all the credit to JF like im sure you will when we already have a dynasty D in the building. A compitent FO that already had one of the best First Day Draft Grades BEFORE drafting JF.

Not to mention, he's going to be the most exciting player in the NFL

Ill believe that when i see it. Clowney, Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Hyde, and a few others that will probaly or probaly should get more playing time than JF.

U may not want to hear it but perfect senerio for JF would be to sit a whole year and with his draft position at 22 that maybe more of a reality than if he was taken at 4.

Remember douchebag there are alot of Diehard browns fans that EARNED the right to reserve judgement on any player the browns may take/

Good, gives him even more attitude and edge.

I hope so. Didnt work with BQ and these two are very compariable

Rogers fell, Brees fell, Wilson fell, tons of great QB's took a fall.

Rogers yea i guess. Brees and Wilson not so much. Its not like they were sitting in the green room. IMO very select qbs should ever go in the Top 10. Manning, Luck, ect. IMO franchise qbs should be found in the latter half the first round.

If Manziel blossoms into what we all think he can be, it's going to be entertaining watching Jerry Jones dwell into misery.

Again I hope so but if the Browns turn the corner Im not giving all the credit to JF like im sure you will when we already have a dynasty D in the building. A compitent FO that already had one of the best First Day Draft Grades BEFORE drafting JF.

Not to mention, he's going to be the most exciting player in the NFL

Ill believe that when i see it. Clowney, Watkins, Evans, Ebron, Hyde, and a few others that will probaly or probaly should get more playing time than JF.

U may not want to hear it but perfect senerio for JF would be to sit a whole year and with his draft position at 22 that maybe more of a reality than if he was taken at 4.

Remember douchebag there are alot of Diehard browns fans that EARNED the right to reserve judgement on any player the browns may take/

How exactly are Johnny and Brady Quinn comparable? The number at which they were drafted? I don't remember Quinn being the most electrifying player in college football.

well if his football career doesn't work out he sure has the door open for a political run.

show me someone who is on the fast track to stardom and i'll show you an agent who already has 10 positive PR stories in his back pocket just like this.

now all he has to do is save a puppy from a burning building.

He did save a kitten once.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20120926-take-that-tebow-texas-am-qb-johnny-manziel-rescues-stray-kitten.ece

Outside of propelling A&M into the national rankings, there is little Manziel has yet to accomplish in his short time as A&M’s starter.

That was until Wednesday afternoon when Manziel posted a tweet stating he had, “Just rescued a kitten from the middle of Wellborn Rd.”

It appears “Johnny Football” can do no wrong. The busy street of Wellborn connects with major intersections of George Bush and University.

One fan replied to Manziel’s tweet saying, “Take that, Time Tebow” which got a good laugh out of the Aggie QB.

It’s a story fit for a superhero. A Superman-esque rescue that is sure to only further Manziel’s growing legacy on A&M’s campus.

Most people would see this good story for what it is, just that a great heartwarming story. Your apparent need to thread crap it is honesly just pure bullshit. If you really cared about the handicapped you help everyday you should understand why it warms peoples hearts to hear this. Its nice to read something like this about a professional athlete as opposed to how they knocked out their fiance or got busted smoking weed again. I dont really think it needed you to come in and asshole it up.

okay dudly doo right. Didnt ever see you getting all heart warming over qbs who did just as or more wonderful things than your favorite flavor of the month. Brandon Weeden has a huge charity foundation on kids with cardiac issues. But i didnt see anyone on this board giving him praises. Bad QB or Great QB ill never downgrade the amount of humanity but if you not going to reconize everyones, just the ones that u trying to win everyones approval on, it just sad.

How exactly are Johnny and Brady Quinn comparable? The number at which they were drafted? I don't remember Quinn being the most electrifying player in college football.

Besides sliding hard in the draft. Being one of the top selling jerseys immediatly after the draft. Again without the media coining the term "most electifying player in yadadadada." How dont these two compare.

CD just my opinion is you seem to have a hatred for manziel( thats fine your entitled to that) but to not understand its a good story is simply pathetic. I posted it cause yeah im not sure manziel is a star but storys like this are great storys!

you say you expect all that make 6 figures to be like this well guess what josh is out smokeing weed- ray lewis is out beating women- arron hernandez was out takeing others lifes. So if you hate johnny on the field thats 1 thing but what hes doing for this young boy is a CLASS ACT!

CD just my opinion is you seem to have a hatred for manziel( thats fine your entitled to that) but to not understand its a good story is simply pathetic. I posted it cause yeah im not sure manziel is a star but storys like this are great storys!

you say you expect all that make 6 figures to be like this well guess what josh is out smokeing weed- ray lewis is out beating women- arron hernandez was out takeing others lifes. So if you hate johnny on the field thats 1 thing but what hes doing for this young boy is a CLASS ACT!

I will agree with that. And Ray Lewis gets a statue and goes down as a great leader and warrior. Just gets alittle too much when the same people that say this guy has Payton Mannings skillsets and Tim Teabows demeaner and generacity. So i apologize for crappin on the one thread on JF that actually isnt a suckfest.

You're a fucking melon head if you think I'm a bandwagon fan.

Just because you're pissed off, angry, jealous, bitter, and a total dope that we got Manziel.

Hahaha in your face dude, we got Manziel and there isn't shit you can do about it.

^^ that makes no sense

okay dudly doo right. Didnt ever see you getting all heart warming over qbs who did just as or more wonderful things than your favorite flavor of the month. Brandon Weeden has a huge charity foundation on kids with cardiac issues. But i didnt see anyone on this board giving him praises. Bad QB or Great QB ill never downgrade the amount of humanity but if you not going to reconize everyones, just the ones that u trying to win everyones approval on, it just sad.

Was going to type up some flaming response but see that you at least recognize the purpose of the post was good. way to man up

Archived