THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

the movie was alright. mario van peebles has to be one of the worse actors ever to hit the screen and i don't care what his father did.

clint saved that movie from disaster like the marines saved the coeds at some flaky cereal box medical school.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The movie was Heartbreak Ridge & the quote was from the black DI (Webster) trying to throw Gunny Highway under the bus. Webster offered that to Highway's Platoon. He got a pretty direct refusal.

One of my favorite movies.

Mike

Wasn't Heartbreak Ridge about Panama or Greneda? I had that, but erased it because someone said Faukland Islands - that was the Brits vs. Argentina.

Wasn't Heartbreak Ridge about Panama or Greneda? I had that, but erased it because someone said Faukland Islands - that was the Brits vs. Argentina.

yep, you're right.

it was about grenada.

It may not get quite as far as Cleveland (except for Pittsburghers that move there) but it definitely makes its way across the border in these parts.

East Ohio western Pennsylvania North East West Virginia Appalachian slang. I have to go home and red up the house.

WSS

As a Georgia born Alabama resident, let me put this to rest. "Y'all" is and always has been plural. "You" is the singular.

Well, All y'all is definitely an idiom. (that's idiom, not idiot....know the difference Alabama)

And, Grenada? The gayest military incursion the US has ever ventured into.

Well, All y'all is definitely an idiom. (that's idiom, not idiot....know the difference Alabama)

And, Grenada? The gayest military incursion the US has ever ventured into. I don't think you would ever see anyone go Walter Sobchak over their experience in Grenada.

Yes I know what an idiom is. And I would add that no true Southerner would ever say "all y'all". That would be a "double plural" - you know, sort of like a "double negative". The correct usage would be "all of you" or "y'all". I know that many non-Southerners do not realize that "y'all" is always plural.

Yes I know what an idiom is. And I would add that no true Southerner would ever say "all y'all". That would be a "double plural" - you know, sort of like a "double negative". The correct usage would be "all of you" or "y'all". I know that many non-Southerners do not realize that "y'all" is always plural.

How about we just go back to the original usage and just say Thee and Thou for single and

"Ye" for plural.

Or how about you speak proper English like we do here and just say You.?

I agree. I was born in Ohio, and was primary schooled in Ohio, but as I tell people, I was raised in Alabama.....near Prattville.. Mama was from there, spent every summer there, and when not there, she raised the children, not my Dad from Ohio. He was too busy earning his fortune.

Nobody says All, Y'all

I agree. I was born in Ohio, and was primary schooled in Ohio, but as I tell people, I was raised in Alabama.....near Prattville.. Mama was from there, spent every summer there, and when not there, she raised the children, not my Dad from Ohio. He was too busy earning his fortune.

Nobody says All, Y'all

Like I said, I think I will starting calling all of you "Ye"

Yep. Tennessee played a big role in Texas.

I don't consider Texas part of the south.

Texas is Texas.

"You all" is the plural form of "yall"

Christ....do y'all have English classes in the south?

Geese is the plural form of goose.

Trees is the plural of tree.

Y'all is a fucking contraction, from you all. Same as they're is a contraction of they are.

English motherfucker......do you speak it?

You use words which meanings are unknown to you.

Christ....do y'all have English classes in the south?

Geese is the plural form of goose.

Trees is the plural of tree.

Y'all is a fucking contraction, from you all. Same as they're is a contraction of they are.

English motherfucker......do you speak it?

You use words which meanings are unknown to you.

dipshit, I've already said I'm not from the south. yankee bastard.....

man can we start TC already?

tick tock...........

I have been killing time playing madden and looking for cool browns t-shirts for this year.

Kings are in the playoffs. but that will last only a week or two.

Archived