THE BROWNS BOARD

Roe versus Wade off the books

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

So the phrase elections have consequences doesn't come into play here?

WSS

They sure do.

But if a state bans something and then 4 years later, a new administration comes in and changes it, and then 4 years later a new administration comes in and then 4 years later it changes again…………

Why keep going through all that crap?

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Been a long while since you bought a good condom, I take? 

Contraceptives is plural, meaning that there is more than one type of contraceptive, and that multiple choices can be used simultaneously.

Look, I don't believe personally that abortion should be outlawed outright, like some conservatives believe. But I also strongly believe that abortion should be like the left used to advocate for: safe, legal and rare. Many on the left today have morally degenerated to the point where abortion is the first contraceptive choice, and even advocate being able to get an abortion up to the moment of birth. At a certain point, we have to stamp down that kind of lunacy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

They sure do.

But if a state bans something and then 4 years later, a new administration comes in and changes it, and then 4 years later a new administration comes in and then 4 years later it changes again…………

I I guess because that's how it works. Things change situations change the reasons for writing Roe versus Wade in the first place have changed.

WSS

7 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

They sure do.

Because elections are reflective of the will of the electorate. That's they way they work.

Vote with your feet. Why do you suppose there's a mass exodus from states on the west coast to other states like Florida and Texas? Because the politics and governments in those west coast states have become so untenable that people are leaving. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I I guess because that's how it works. Things change situations change the reasons for writing Roe versus Wade in the first place have changed.

WSS

Things definitely change. 
There are people here that are ecstatic for this change, but hate the changes happening to marriage

And there are people here that feel the exact opposite on both changes

Look at it this way. If they strip down the 14th amendment nothing is standing in the way of stripping down the second or the first when the liberals succeed in packing the court which they will. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You're either for rights or you're not. 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

What if the pregnancy was life threatening to the women?

rarely, if ever, happens.  Over an entire career of delivering babies, one dr said he NEVER had that occasion to occur.

This isn't 1876 already. That argument is bs.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Contraceptives is plural, meaning that there is more than one type of contraceptive, and that multiple choices can be used simultaneously.

Look, I don't believe personally that abortion should be outlawed outright, like some conservatives believe. But I also strongly believe that abortion should be like the left used to advocate for: safe, legal and rare. Many on the left today have morally degenerated to the point where abortion is the first contraceptive choice, and even advocate being able to get an abortion up to the moment of birth. At a certain point, we have to stamp down that kind of lunacy.

it gets worse- up to seven days AFTER BIRTH. the partial birth abortion is just about the most revolting way to solve a problem.

If there is some legit reason? for an abortion- why not in less than six weeks?

answer: because the left demands total control over everything, and they demand zero accountability/responsibility for their stupid actions.

and, it fits in with their demand to tear down American society so they can totally control it, and get wealth from it. and power.

It's a disease of their minds. Kinda like "Leftwing World War Z"....

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

rarely, if ever, happens.  Over an entire career of delivering babies, one dr said he NEVER had that occasion to occur. the Dr.'s name - Dr. Ben Carson.

1. It is an extremely rare case when abortion is required to save the mother's life. While he was United States Surgeon General, Dr. C. Everett Koop stated publicly that in his thirty-eight years as a pediatric surgeon, he was never aware of a single situation in which a preborn child's life had to be taken in order to save the life of the ...

30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

rarely, if ever, happens.  Over an entire career of delivering babies, one dr said he NEVER had that occasion to occur.

So your response is just to say "Nuh uh, never happens!"

How about if your daughter, granddaughter, sister, etc are raped. Are they now forced to carry to term?

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it gets worse- up to seven days AFTER BIRTH. the partial birth abortion is just about the most revolting way to solve a problem.

If there is some legit reason? for an abortion- why not in less than six weeks?

answer: because the left demands total control over everything, and they demand zero accountability/responsibility for their stupid actions.

and, it fits in with their demand to tear down American society so they can totally control it, and get wealth from it. and power.

It's a disease of their minds. Kinda like "Leftwing World War Z"....

You actually believe that 7 days after birth nonsense? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Your critical thinking skills have basically entirely degenerated at this point. 

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So your response is just to say "Nuh uh, never happens!"

How about if your daughter, granddaughter, sister, etc are raped. Are they now forced to carry to term?

Dr. Ben Carson said he never had the "mother's life in danger so abortion" happen in his entire career.

As to your stupid question - how many children have been murdered, and how many rapes have been committed?

If a rape occurs, why in the hell would the abortion occur months later?

You are a moron birdgirl.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

You actually believe that 7 days after birth nonsense? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Your critical thinking skills have basically entirely degenerated at this point. 

woodpecker - you actually believe you can be a know it all when you know nothing?

can you read? Learning disabled ...or what?

It was 28 das - but it was changed to 7 days to make it more ...."acceptable".

Maryland Proposes Bill To Allow Abortion 28 Days After Birth March 11, 2022 by Jacob M. Thompson 13 Comments "In other words, a baby born alive and well could be abandoned and left to starve or freeze to death, and nothing could be done to punish those who participated in that cruel death."

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Dr. Ben Carson said he never had the "mother's life in danger so abortion" happen in his entire career.

As to your stupid question - how many children have been murdered, and how many rapes have been committed?

If a rape occurs, why in the hell would the abortion occur months later?

You are a moron birdgirl.

Cal, answer the question. Your a female lover one is raped. Are you forcing them to carry to term?

And more anecdotal evidence doesn't do anything for your first point, btw. Do you have any actual evidence? Or just more stories ...

so stupidass. "in case of rape" - and the unwanted pregnancy can be performed months later.

How about freaking immediately? dammit.

so stupid.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

so stupidass. "in case of rape" - and the unwanted pregnancy can be performed months later.

How about freaking immediately? dammit.

so stupid.

I'm not talking about months later. I'm talking about just doing it at all. 

You're doing the thing Steve was doing earlier (or all of the time) where you're framing one side in whatever light you think helps you win (strawman). I never said anything about abortion at any time. 

So are you alright with abortions before a certain point in all cases, or just rape? In either case, where about is your cutoff?

States can have the "right" to pass whatever laws on the matter they want now. 

Only legal before a certain point

Not legal at all

Illegal to leave the state and get one elsewhere

Etc

What's next? Leaving marriage to states' rights too? We can keep taking steps backwards. 

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not talking about months later. I'm talking about just doing it at all. 

You're doing the thing Steve was doing earlier (or all of the time) where you're framing one side in whatever light you think helps you win (strawman). I never said anything about abortion at any time. 

that's what I said a couple post to go. That as far as I knew you weren't an 'any time for any reason' guy.

So are you alright with abortions before a certain point in all cases, or just rape? In either case, where about is your cutoff?

that's what I said a couple post to go. That as far as I knew you weren't an 'any time for any reason' guy.

WSS

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Not legal at all

Etc

What's next? Leaving marriage to states' rights too? We can keep taking steps backwards. 

Or you could say were cleaning up immoral laws.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Not legal at all

Etc

Fetal Tissue Used to Generate Electricity in Oregon

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fetal-tissue-used-generate-electricity-oregon-n88716