THE BROWNS BOARD

Donald, my man, time to let go

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Anyone coming along to propose getting deficit spending under control will get my vote. I'd vote for someone like Cornyn if he decided to run because he is that kind of conservative, which is why he always gets my vote for US Senator. Plus he has shown he can work with the more conservative Dems (not the wacko left). That is what this country needs more than too far either direction.

Well, it’s not like just 1 member of Congress will toe the line on spending.

It just seems to be in vogue for the past 30 years to spend our way to prosperity.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I won't call you a liar but let's just say wait and see. But can we agree that a lot of politicians will make a lot of promises that they can't keep or never really meant to keep? Attacking deficit spending is a pretty easy pledge to make. Whether it stands or not is another matter.

WSS

Which is why I like Cornyn. He usually does not engage in idle promises and he keeps an open mind as evidenced by his willingness to find common ground without going overboard on the gun rights issues. And I think he is a person who will actively engage both sides in bringing the deficit down.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well, it’s not like just 1 member of Congress will toe the line on spending.

It just seems to be in vogue for the past 30 years to spend our way to prosperity.

I know. Which is why I was after DJT about being a Dem spender in Rep clothes. None of them want to address it seriously it seems.