THE BROWNS BOARD

Donald, my man, time to let go

https://www.aol.com/time-trump-sail-sunset-says-064120727-085907681.html

The billionaire Tesla CEO was responding to a personal attack from the former president at a rally in Anchorage over the weekend.

I completely understand the hesitation to step out of the spotlight. Your legacy is going to be what it is. One of the most affluent periods of American history. Despite the hatred from the crazy people on the left. And yes we do need someone to come in and undo Biden's executive orders and put the country back on track. I just don't think you're the guy for the job anymore. And I'm positive the Democrats aren't. Hopefully more people will start to understand that just hating djt isn't enough. Some unfortunately will not.

WSS

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hopefully more people will start to understand that just hating djt isn't enough. Some unfortunately will not.

Sounds like Musk is referring to Larry, Tex, and Woody.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Sounds like Musk is referring to Larry, Tex, and Woody.

Well Woody is just a lot more liberal than most of us I take him at his word mostly. Larry and Tex have left TDS strip them of their sanity. Also musk isn't my 100% go to guy nor is Bill Maher but on occasion they make sense. As does anybody.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.aol.com/time-trump-sail-sunset-says-064120727-085907681.html

The billionaire Tesla CEO was responding to a personal attack from the former president at a rally in Anchorage over the weekend.

I completely understand the hesitation to step out of the spotlight. Your legacy is going to be what it is. One of the most affluent periods of American history. Despite the hatred from the crazy people on the left. And yes we do need someone to come in and undo Biden's executive orders and put the country back on track. I just don't think you're the guy for the job anymore. And I'm positive the Democrats aren't. Hopefully more people will start to understand that just hating djt isn't enough. Some unfortunately will not.

WSS

Hatred Steve? I try not to "hate" anyone but yes, 100% disgusted by the words and actions of, as you'll see below of the un-selected former president. And I quote...  

"July 9,2022 Stephen K. Bannon c/o Robert J. Costello, Esquire Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP 605 Third Avenue New York, New York 10158

Dear Steve,

I write about the Subpoena that you received in September 2021 from the illegally constituted Unselect Committee, the same group of people who created the Russia Russia Russia scam, Impeachment hoax #1, Impeachment hoax #2, the Mueller 'Witch-Hunt (which ended in no “Collusion™), and other fake and never-ending yarns and tales. When you first received the Subpoena to testify and provide documents, I invoked Executive Privilege. However, I watched how unfairly you and others have been treated, having to spend vast amounts of money on legal fees, and all of the trauma you must be going through for the love of your Country, and out of respect for the Office of the President. Therefore, if you reach an agreement on a time and place for your testimony, | will waive Executive Privilege for you, which allows for you to go in and testify truthfully and fairly, as per the request of the Unselect Committee of political Thugs and Hacks, who have allowed no Due Process, no Cross-Examination, and no real Republican members or witnesses to be present or interviewed. It is a partisan Kangaroo Court. Why should these evil, sinister, and unpatriotic people be allowed to hurt and destroy the lives of so many, and cause such great harm to our Country? It has been, from the time I came down the escalator at Trump Tower, a political hitjob against the overwhelming majority of Americans who support the concept and policy of Making America Great Again and putting America First. Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Sincerely, DJT"

Delusional Donnie strikes again. :( 

So clever "unselect committee" did you learn how to insult people like that in 5th grade? Apparently your mental development stopped at that level... :D Damn hysterical Orangie- the multiple time bankrupt businessman- insults one of the most successful in the world.  As to "moving on" I'm hearing the big time RNC donors finally are realizing Trump has just become too damn radioactive to support, and are moving on to DeSantis.  (BTW- Biden can turn in his Catholic Card the way he's still banging the pro-choice drum... That's a complete no-no if you sincerely claim to be one) 

Please stop acting like your still the president Mr. Trump... You may think you still are, but you're not. FYI, only the sitting president- that would be Joe Biden- can invoke "Executive Privilege"..... Digging a little deeper Steve... The only reason Bannon is now willing to testify is to try a lame excuse at his upcoming contempt of Congress trial that's coming up next week.  Already been shot down- the prosecutor in that case told Bannon- you had 9 months to turn over the documents that were requested, and we still don't have them. Too bad, so sad. BTW the judge hearing the case (incidentally a Trump appointee) happens to agree.... FWIW, the 1\6 Committee is too smart to let Bannon testify live and turn the proceedings into a Clown Show.  

I'll be waiting to see what the WH Lawyer- Cipro-po-lini that Trump is probably going to say- he either hardly knows him\ or it's fake news, or he's lying.  Shocking!!! I tell you!!! Everyone else is lying and out to get him, but his call to Raffensberger was "perfect".   He's living in an alternate reality that he's created for himself and Cult 45.   Tex is right, should he get indicted, Trumpie's best defense is going to be pleading insanity.  DJT knows the walls are closing in, whether they're ever actually going to fall on him is TBD.    

This is going to be very interesting to watch.

One of my biggest concerns with a Biden presidency was the progression of his dementia. This has clearly come to fruition, and now you have the legacy media outlets beginning to throw him under the bus this month as they begin to scapegoat him for the fallout that we're probably going to see in the November election. But Trump is just as old! If the 2024 election is Trump vs Biden, I will reluctantly vote for Trump. I don't regret having voted Trump into the presidency, but the president shouldn't be an octogenarian. Alzheimer's doesn't care what your politics are. 

I very much want to vote DeSantis in for president, but he will not win the GOP nomination. You still need the evangelical vote to win the GOP nom, and all Trump has to say is "I ended Roe v Wade." He is now the GOP nominee by default. I think that he would win head-to-head against Biden (if he is still somehow capable of performing his duties through 2024), but if the DNC puts up someone younger, then I'd say it's an uphill battle for Trump. The best-case scenario would be for Trump to withdraw and endorse someone like DeSantis, but we all know that's not going to happen. 

As of right now, the 2024 election should be a layup for the GOP, but Trump's ego is going to seriously complicate it. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hatred Steve? I try not to "hate" anyone but yes, 100% disgusted by the words and actions of, as you'll see below of the un-selected former president. And I quote...  

"July 9,2022 Stephen K. Bannon c/o Robert J. Costello, Esquire Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP 605 Third Avenue New York, New York 10158

Dear Steve,

I write about the Subpoena that you received in September 2021 from the illegally constituted Unselect Committee, the same group of people who created the Russia Russia Russia scam, Impeachment hoax #1, Impeachment hoax #2, the Mueller 'Witch-Hunt (which ended in no “Collusion™), and other fake and never-ending yarns and tales. When you first received the Subpoena to testify and provide documents, I invoked Executive Privilege. However, I watched how unfairly you and others have been treated, having to spend vast amounts of money on legal fees, and all of the trauma you must be going through for the love of your Country, and out of respect for the Office of the President. Therefore, if you reach an agreement on a time and place for your testimony, | will waive Executive Privilege for you, which allows for you to go in and testify truthfully and fairly, as per the request of the Unselect Committee of political Thugs and Hacks, who have allowed no Due Process, no Cross-Examination, and no real Republican members or witnesses to be present or interviewed. It is a partisan Kangaroo Court. Why should these evil, sinister, and unpatriotic people be allowed to hurt and destroy the lives of so many, and cause such great harm to our Country? It has been, from the time I came down the escalator at Trump Tower, a political hitjob against the overwhelming majority of Americans who support the concept and policy of Making America Great Again and putting America First. Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

Sincerely, DJT"

Delusional Donnie strikes again. :( 

So clever "unselect committee" did you learn how to insult people like that in 5th grade? Apparently your mental development stopped at that level... :D Damn hysterical Orangie- the multiple time bankrupt businessman- insults one of the most successful in the world.  As to "moving on" I'm hearing the big time RNC donors finally are realizing Trump has just become too damn radioactive to support, and are moving on to DeSantis.  (BTW- Biden can turn in his Catholic Card the way he's still banging the pro-choice drum... That's a complete no-no if you sincerely claim to be one) 

Please stop acting like your still the president Mr. Trump... You may think you still are, but you're not. FYI, only the sitting president- that would be Joe Biden- can invoke "Executive Privilege"..... Digging a little deeper Steve... The only reason Bannon is now willing to testify is to try a lame excuse at his upcoming contempt of Congress trial that's coming up next week.  Already been shot down- the prosecutor in that case told Bannon- you had 9 months to turn over the documents that were requested, and we still don't have them. Too bad, so sad. BTW the judge hearing the case (incidentally a Trump appointee) happens to agree.... FWIW, the 1\6 Committee is too smart to let Bannon testify live and turn the proceedings into a Clown Show.  

I'll be waiting to see what the WH Lawyer- Cipro-po-lini that Trump is probably going to say- he either hardly knows him\ or it's fake news, or he's lying.  Shocking!!! I tell you!!! Everyone else is lying and out to get him, but his call to Raffensberger was "perfect".   He's living in an alternate reality that he's created for himself and Cult 45.   Tex is right, should he get indicted, Trumpie's best defense is going to be pleading insanity.  DJT knows the walls are closing in, whether they're ever actually going to fall on him is TBD.    

Hatred mixed with insanity. Unless you're an idiot you can see the effects of the Biden administration on the country. Nothing Trump has done bothers me. Might be a little a****** ish might not be really presidential I don't care.

Frankly I don't care if my heart surgeon beats his wife.

WSS

I wonder if people realize that if Trump is reelected in 2024, he will be a lame duck President almost immediately. 

Congress won't work with him (they actually haven't worked with anybody in quite some time). 

I guess he could sign a bunch of executive orders like Biden did, that's about it.

I don't think the USA needs Trump. He gave it a shot, there were some positives, but it's time to let him go (like Baker Mayfield).

When the crazy right finally admits his claim of stolen election is just another fraud he used to unconstitutionally attempt to retain the Presidency, then yeah, easy to let him go back to his usual con games to milk money from the gullible. But right now the majority of them are still buying the con that almost brought down our Republic.

Meanwhile if I want an elder statesman of either party as President, then I will go for the guy I again voted for as our US Senator, John Cornyn, age 70. At least he attempts to work with both sides of the aisle. He can add Liz Cheney as his VP. At least she's an honest conservative, as is he.

42 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I wonder if people realize that if Trump is reelected in 2024, he will be a lame duck President almost immediately. 

Congress won't work with him (they actually haven't worked with anybody in quite some time). 

I guess he could sign a bunch of executive orders like Biden did, that's about it.

I don't think the USA needs Trump. He gave it a shot, there were some positives, but it's time to let him go (like Baker Mayfield).

Wait.... surely congress is going republican. The damage being done - most Americans - 84% ? say we are going in the WRONG direction.

The left will try to destroy Desantis just like they did with Pres Trump - fake witnesses, fake prosecutions, fake investigations, fake "impeachment"........

It's time to shut the dems out. They have had their chance, but are nearly totally obaMao's mafia.

Me, I want Desantis - the left is already well geared up to destroy Pres Trump as much as possible.

But, they will start again with Desantis. but it will take one of them to clean house once and for all.

4 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

He set his state up for economic success and recovery that outpaced the entire nation post-pandemic.
He has passed legislation limiting big tech overreach. 
He is pushing back against woke corporatism. 

There seems to be enough smoke to question some of his reporting of Florida covid data. How (where) tourists are counted plays a factor too. Curious again though, how are you defining Florida's economic position as outpacing every other state?

I'm not as familiar with any big tech regulation, so I can't comment here. I'd guess it was wrapped in some kind of "Twitter is mean to conservatives" exterior but I'd need to see the regulations.

The "woke" stuff... eh. At this point there seems to be more people bitching about it than anything else. Not to mention the term woke has lost literally all meaning. It seems to exist for a more conservative leaning individual to describe anything more liberal leaning that they don't like. 

Republicans believe corporations have a voice. Disney used that voice to express disappointment in Desantis backwards don't say gay bill. Desantis got mad, called them woke, and then essentially enacted more regulation on them (small govt... right). Regulation that ultimately will cost Florida residents, no?

Maybe you can better explain his crusade against "woke" (whatever he doesn't like) corporations?

And I mean these questions legitimately. I obviously disagree with you, but I respect you enough to want  to hear your thoughts. You can answer them or choose not to, whatever you like. 

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hatred mixed with insanity. Unless you're an idiot you can see the effects of the Biden administration on the country. Nothing Trump has done bothers me. Might be a little a****** ish might not be really presidential I don't care.

Frankly I don't care if my heart surgeon beats his wife.

WSS

FWIW, Whataboutism does NOT excuse Trump's behavior... I (sadly) have come to realize realize you've joined the Rabbit Hole crew.  The bold proves it. You're 100% correct Steve... That is Donald Trump to a "T" , hatred against anyone who would dare contradict him- and he sure as shit has gone seriously nutso. .   Exactly the tone of that letter, that I'm not certain he actually wrote.  I'll (on occasion) keep posting some of  the insanity Mango Mussolini is still spewing.  

Regarding the #2 bold...  LOL, but when he does, there's this thing called prison.  :D   You might not, but a very significant percentage of the population has tired of Trump acting and talking like a juvenile asshole. Hmmm... that happens to be him talking to his "poorly educated" base- that he happens to "love"... Right?   Bringing up his delusional bullshit is icing on the cake. He's got the shrinking Cult 45, and not much else.   

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

When the crazy right finally admits his claim of stolen election is just another fraud he used to unconstitutionally attempt to retain the Presidency, then yeah, easy to let him go back to his usual con games to milk money from the gullible. But right now the majority of them are still buying the con that almost brought down our Republic.

Meanwhile if I want an elder statesman of either party as President, then I will go for the guy I again voted for as our US Senator, John Cornyn, age 70. At least he attempts to work with both sides of the aisle. He can add Liz Cheney as his VP. At least she's an honest conservative, as is he.

LALALALA they can't hear us Tex....  they don't realize, we're not so much anti-republican, but anti-nut jobs that Trump has spawned. They know who they are. 

What is it? $250 million and counting he's bilked out of his gullible MAGAts?  Grifting in politics has been Trumpie's version of entering Nirvana.   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, Whataboutism does NOT excuse Trump's behavior... I (sadly) have come to realize realize you've joined the Rabbit Hole crew.  The bold proves it. You're 100% correct Steve... That is Donald Trump to a "T" , hatred against anyone who would dare contradict him- and he sure as shit has gone seriously nutso. .   Exactly the tone of that letter, that I'm not certain he actually wrote.  I'll (on occasion) keep posting some of  the insanity Mango Mussolini is still spewing.  

Regarding the #2 bold...  LOL, but when he does, there's this thing called prison.  :D   You might not, but a very significant percentage of the population has tired of Trump acting and talking like a juvenile asshole. Hmmm... that happens to be him talking to his "poorly educated" base- that he happens to "love"... Right?   Bringing up his delusional bullshit is icing on the cake. He's got the shrinking Cult 45, and not much else.   

200w111.gif.ce9ef741fb6ebd8f3cfe2459ec027be7.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

LALALALA they can't hear us Tex....  they don't realize, we're not so much anti-republican, but anti-nut jobs that Trump has spawned. They know who they are. 

What is it? $250 million and counting he's bilked out of his gullible MAGAts?  Grifting in politics has been Trumpie's version of entering Nirvana.   

image.png.0a4fde0fb1917901d36e7c6b4af0e5dc.png

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

The only whataboutism that matters is how was the country doing under Trump and how is it doing now. If you can limit yourself to actual issues that would be great but I don't expect it. The team you voted in has been a disaster. And easily more embarrassing than the previous administration just in a different way.

WSS

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Wait.... surely congress is going republican. The damage being done - most Americans - 84% ? say we are going in the WRONG direction.

I won't disagree with that.

The presidential race/campaign is going to be interesting, probably silly. There's bound to be a divide in BOTH parties as to who runs & gets the nominations. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The only whataboutism that matters is how was the country doing under Trump and how is it doing now. If you can limit yourself to actual issues that would be great but I don't expect it. The team you voted in has been a disaster. And easily more embarrassing than the previous administration just in a different way.

WSS

Sorry, but no matter how well you want to spin trumpy, an attempt to unconstitutionally overthrow an elected Presidency is just plain seditious treason. That "Trumps" everything else you or I anyone else thinks was good. You can't say a person who attempted to bring down this Republic is any better than Jefferson Davis, because he isn't.

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

There seems to be enough smoke to question some of his reporting of Florida covid data. How (where) tourists are counted plays a factor too. Curious again though, how are you defining Florida's economic position as outpacing every other state?

WSJ just published an article last week with some good graphics in it that goes into detail. It's not just tourism, it's more companies moving to Florida, more jobs being created in the state, and more people moving there. 

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm not as familiar with any big tech regulation, so I can't comment here. I'd guess it was wrapped in some kind of "Twitter is mean to conservatives" exterior but I'd need to see the regulations.

The "woke" stuff... eh. At this point there seems to be more people bitching about it than anything else. Not to mention the term woke has lost literally all meaning. It seems to exist for a more conservative leaning individual to describe anything more liberal leaning that they don't like. 

Republicans believe corporations have a voice. Disney used that voice to express disappointment in Desantis backwards don't say gay bill. Desantis got mad, called them woke, and then essentially enacted more regulation on them (small govt... right). Regulation that ultimately will cost Florida residents, no?

Maybe you can better explain his crusade against "woke" (whatever he doesn't like) corporations?

And I mean these questions legitimately. I obviously disagree with you, but I respect you enough to want  to hear your thoughts. You can answer them or choose not to, whatever you like. 

You say you want to hear what I have to say, but your starting point is dismissive as all hell. I'd be happy to have the conversation, but you've got to demonstrate you're actually willing to listen.

4 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

WSJ just published an article last week with some good graphics in it that goes into detail. It's not just tourism, it's more companies moving to Florida, more jobs being created in the state, and more people moving there. 

You say you want to hear what I have to say, but your starting point is dismissive as all hell. I'd be happy to have the conversation, but you've got to demonstrate you're actually willing to listen.

The point around tourists are they're catching covid in Florida and then it being counted in their home state. Also, hasn't there been a migration of people to the south for a while now? I would think post pandemic changes would need normalized for that. 

I don't doubt economically they're performing better post covid. That data seems clear. In my head it is just weighing that economic success vs anything that may suffer as a result. 

Alright man, you don't have to respond if you don't want to. I've clearly always read everything you've posted. I've seen numerous claims on here of inherent bias in social media, I've watched your Tim Poole videos, I've watched your Joe Rogan video where he interviewed someone from Twitter. I'm telling you where I stand after I've consumed all of those items, plus other things I've seen. I'm happy to listen to more. 

Me being willing to listen isn't tied to me lying about where my thoughts stand right now. 

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sorry, but no matter how well you want to spin trumpy, an attempt to unconstitutionally overthrow an elected Presidency is just plain seditious treason. That "Trumps" everything else you or I anyone else thinks was good. You can't say a person who attempted to bring down this Republic is any better than Jefferson Davis, because he isn't.

I will quote one of your Lefty brethren:

No, actually I won't. Again you're either nuts, stupid or, my guess, just posting s*** to piss people off. (or all 3) That's a common occurrence around these parts.

WSS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I will quote one of your Lefty brethren:

No, actually I won't. Again you're either nuts, stupid or, my guess, just posting s*** to piss people off. (or all 3) That's a common occurrence around these parts.

WSS

I like to piss anyone off who stays blind to what Trump did leading up to and including the Jan. 6 attempt to illegally maintain power. If staying blind to that fits you, then tough shit. Just stay pissed for all I care. I can only assume you are not listening to the testimony of all the insiders who tried to persuade him to stop what he was doing because it was not legal or constitutional. Even his main guy yesterday praised Pence for doing the right thing in completing the electoral process.  

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The point around tourists are they're catching covid in Florida and then it being counted in their home state. Also, hasn't there been a migration of people to the south for a while now? I would think post pandemic changes would need normalized for that. 

I don't doubt economically they're performing better post covid. That data seems clear. In my head it is just weighing that economic success vs anything that may suffer as a result. 

Alright man, you don't have to respond if you don't want to. I've clearly always read everything you've posted. I've seen numerous claims on here of inherent bias in social media, I've watched your Tim Poole videos, I've watched your Joe Rogan video where he interviewed someone from Twitter. I'm telling you where I stand after I've consumed all of those items, plus other things I've seen. I'm happy to listen to more. 

Me being willing to listen isn't tied to me lying about where my thoughts stand right now. 

I don't think I've ever posted a video of either of those guys but let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Your starting positions are "social media is mean to conservatives" and "Desantis is just mad at Disney." There's no room for common ground there. I'm not going to talk at you. If you want me to expend effort in this conversation, then you're likewise going to have to do more than just read a legacy media headline on the latest issues of the topic. 

38 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

I don't think I've ever posted a video of either of those guys but let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Your starting positions are "social media is mean to conservatives" and "Desantis is just mad at Disney." There's no room for common ground there. I'm not going to talk at you. If you want me to expend effort in this conversation, then you're likewise going to have to do more than just read a legacy media headline on the latest issues of the topic. 

Oh my bad, maybe it was jbluhm then. I just no it wasn't any of the MAGA crew.  Point being, I still would take the time to review them.

Alright, and now your assumption is that I've only read a "legacy media headline". That feels a little like exactly what you've accused me of... 

Look, I'm not going to lie about where I stand right now. I haven't seen anything compelling (yet) otherwise. If you think I'm wrong, and want to go through why, I'd be happy to listen. But I won't mask or misrepresent my current thoughts on the matter.

If you feel like a response is just talking at me, so be it. There is no obligation to respond. 

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He can add Liz Cheney as his VP. At least she's an honest conservative, as is he.

Here’s a wake up call Tex, the last poll I saw had Liz about 30 points behind her GOP opponent.

Her days in DC are numbered, and if she wants to stay in politics…she MIGHT be able to land a Dog Catchers job somewhere.

• Like 1