THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record Larry I haven't moved on either. I realize what's done is done but one more time if this doesn't culminate with a nose holding Super Bowl victory we got screwed. And if the salary cap and the dearth of first rounders strangles the life out of the Browns for another 20 years, well let me quote Don Corleone: "I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive."

😏

WSS

Right on!

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record Larry I haven't moved on either. I realize what's done is done but one more time if this doesn't culminate with a nose holding Super Bowl victory we got screwed. And if the salary cap and the dearth of first rounders strangles the life out of the Browns for another 20 years, well let me quote Don Corleone: "I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive."

😏

WSS

So you roll with Baker in 2022?

A rookie in 2023? (And trade three 1st round picks to move up!!!)

Hold your breath in 2024 that the rookie panned out?

Meanwhile Chubb, Ward, Garrett and Co get older or demand trades to super bowl contending teams.

Big picture thinking. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

😏

WSS

First off Steve, it won't be for 20 years. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my personal expiration date will be long before that.... The residual Watson stink will have dissipated long before that too... :)  

Here's my thinking on the subject... We gave Baker away for a sack of seeds.  Let's hope Tia's screen shots he posted a couple months ago with the circles and arrows shows why that's the case.  Berry and Stefanski have basically staked their careers with the viewpoint that's the case... Teams have figured Baker out. 

So if we had muddled through 2022 with a so-so Baker to a 9-8 record, then what?  Take another spin at the QB craps table in 2023? Baker- Darnold- Allen- Rosen- Jackson...  You may find this link interesting.. Every NFL QB drafted in forever.  http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb   Meanwhile, our studs like Garrett and Ward are at least two years older. Just like the Rams pushing all their chips in getting Stafford (who was wasted on the Lions) the Browns have done the same. Looking at our division, anyone who thinks Baker > Burrow has an acute case of homer-itis.  Of course, no guarantees. Even with QBs like Mahomes and Rodgers you need some luck on the way to the Promised land.  Yeah, and I agree with you- our potential road there is going to be led following the trail of an ethical stink bomb.  

• Like 1

Have perspective also.. Rodgers is going to end his should-be-HOF career with only one ring because his team refused to upgrade things around him.. Ocoord, defense, each season is its own excuse.

Take away Rodgers' champ season and his results would be the best Browns could hope for with Baker.  Getting to and losing AFC title games isn't exciting for me -- you're going to have to beat Mahomes, Allen.. not just show up against them.  And Baker isn't at that level. Thinking otherwise is really a giant amount of cope which helps nobody and just wastes time of legit players.

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Have perspective also.. Rodgers is going to end his should-be-HOF career with only one ring because his team refused to upgrade things around him.. Ocoord, defense, each season is its own excuse.

Take away Rodgers' champ season and his results would be the best Browns could hope for with Baker.  Getting to and losing AFC title games isn't exciting for me -- you're going to have to beat Mahomes, Allen.. not just show up against them.  And Baker isn't at that level. Thinking otherwise is really a giant amount of cope which helps nobody and just wastes time of legit players.

Let's put it another way... Living in Bungle-Land, let's posit (and I'll certainly grant the proposition) Baker is Andy Dalton good. Dem Bungles had super teams for years, but Dandy Andy was one and done in the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

First off Steve, it won't be for 20 years. Anyway, I'm pretty sure my personal expiration date will be long before that.... The residual Watson stink will have dissipated long before that too... :)  

Here's my thinking on the subject... We gave Baker away for a sack of seeds.  Let's hope Tia's screen shots he posted a couple months ago with the circles and arrows shows why that's the case.  Berry and Stefanski have basically staked their careers with the viewpoint that's the case... Teams have figured Baker out. 

So if we had muddled through 2022 with a so-so Baker to a 9-8 record, then what?  Take another spin at the QB craps table in 2023? Baker- Darnold- Allen- Rosen- Jackson...  You may find this link interesting.. Every NFL QB drafted in forever.  http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb   Meanwhile, our studs like Garrett and Ward are at least two years older. Just like the Rams pushing all their chips in getting Stafford (who was wasted on the Lions) the Browns have done the same. Looking at our division, anyone who thinks Baker > Burrow has an acute case of homer-itis.  Of course, no guarantees. Even with QBs like Mahomes and Rodgers you need some luck on the way to the Promised land.  Yeah, and I agree with you- our potential road there is going to be led following the trail of an ethical stink bomb.  

1 if the team collapses again who knows how long they will be wandering in the desert? Especially with Jimmy in charge.

2 Or maybe teams have figured Stefanski out? They did in Minnesota.

3 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 who knows? Let's say the Players Association fails to get Watson off the hook. Keep in mind that the yapping about how great the Browns are is even stronger this year than it was last year where we were hampered by many other things. As to where we go quarterback wise with a bad looking season from Jacoby? Who knows who cares? You already made the gambling analogy. We just decided to hit a 20. Hey there are four aces in the deck.

4 and no kidding some of the players are getting older here by year. Some of the players might want a big payday and move on. I don't know how long the window of opportunity stays open. I don't know how long Andrew Berrys House of Cards stands. Neither do you. But if that elusive window closes...

And another 20 years of sucking isn't out of the question. Considering ownership seems as bad now as his head through the collapse of the Modell era the Randy Lerner Fiasco and now Jimmy. And who knows about the rest of the owners? Do they love Jimmy for jacking up the cost of star players? Or does he have a Target on his back?

(I freely admit it: Shoulda Coulda Woulda.)

But we can all gloat at some other time. Baker has gone to the dregs of the NFL and it's unlikely that a somewhat above average Quarterback is all that's needed to take them to the promised land.

WSS 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let's put it another way... Living in Bungle-Land, let's posit (and I'll certainly grant the proposition) Baker is Andy Dalton good. Dem Bungles had super teams for years, but Dandy Andy was one and done in the playoffs. 

I live in the area as well. It's funny listening to Bengals fans going from "Blame Andy/Marvin" to "Blame Eli Apple".

21 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah, saw it Steve.. More trashing the Browns.  Should know soon what the arbitrator thinks about it though...  

• Upvote 1

And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

WSS

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

WSS

The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

That's literally it. 

This is what I have been saying since day one! Yes adult things happened....but nothing Illegally wrong! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! 

GO BROWNS!!!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

That's literally it. 

That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.

(and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

WSS

18 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.  .......is there an ugly stink ?  How about a stench over half of Lake Erie and NE Ohio ?

(and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

WSS

I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  :o

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  :o

Who knows? Money Talks. And if the bronze were barely a pubic hair away from a Super Bowl just by upgrading the quarterback why wouldn't there be a realistic shot?

WSS

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

wow....that's super crazy

I could've sworn that while having lunch with the Mrs today in a local eatery that I saw a crawler on the four letter network saying the disciplinary decision could come down as early as tomorrow but no later than the start of training camp. And that regardless of the decision, Watson could participate in camp and preseason games.

Well after all the Sound and Fury it's going to be what it is. No point losing sleep over Baker. I'm guessing six games slap on the wrist for Watson? If that's the case Roethlisberger Hunt Etc should be furious. 

But die-hard as long as we are hoping I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that eventually goes to Miami or Atlanta we rescind the deal the Houston Texans have to give back the draft picks and accept a censure Jimmy Haslam is forced to sell the team to Cleveland interests and the Browns go to the Super Bowl behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

😄😄😄

WSS

• Upvote 2