THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

On 8/28/2022 at 1:56 PM, nickers said:

This is your QB... He's a flat out LIAR!

What an utterly idiotic line of questioning! 

"Were you attracted to any of them?" So it's okay to whip your dick out for hot chicks, and not for the fugly ones? Come to think of it, I kind of agree with that premise.

Explain yourself Deshaun! 

so, we went to the Canfield Fair - it is a giant of a fair. 353 acres, hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.

It takes a good while to ride the tractor-driven wagons all around the fair.

Great time. Talked with some veterans in a veteran's row several booths.

Downside - went to a booth for a large lemonade. They were 7$ for a large. It was little ice, seemed like little sugar, and was warm. Iced it and put sugar in it when we got home, it was good.

I was surprised to talk with a vendor about watson. She sold flags, had flags for every pro team, etc etc. I saw a steeler flag and joked that I was offended, I hated the steelers. She laughed and said she hears that all the time. Said I must be a browns fan- I said "yes, but I'm sick of that trade they did, can't stand it. Now I hate their front office and ownership"....

She said as a woman, it is sickening, that trade, and said as a former massotherapist when she was in college - she NEVER had anything like that happen. If it had, she would have been angry and really it would have been a bad scene, she would have been telling him off.....or worse.

She said browns fans deserve so much better than what the browns owners and fo did. Said he should not be allowed to play and have anyone cheering for him, if it ever does happen.

Didn't expect that - but she was right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Vambo said:

Deshaun Watson must undergo treatment and have clinicians say 'he's on right path' for suspension to be lifted

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-must-undergo-treatment-and-have-clinicians-say-hes-on-right-path-for-suspension-to-be-lifted/

Good for Mr.Peepee!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vambo said:

Deshaun Watson must undergo treatment and have clinicians say 'he's on right path' for suspension to be lifted

I'd be curious to know their definition of, The Right Path...for Watson.  Go to meetings and say, Yes sir.  Yes Mam. ?

8 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd be curious to know their definition of, The Right Path...for Watson.  Go to meetings and say, Yes sir.  Yes Mam. ?

Probably like going to drug counseling or AA if you get busted for a bag of weed or a DUI.

He's a distasteful and creepy human being that I do not want has the face of my team but some of this s*** is just ridiculous.

WSS 

On 9/11/2022 at 10:05 PM, Orion said:

their definition of, The Right Path...for Watson

It's circular, like all the best metaphysics.

You should believe he's earned the right to be respected because he decided he deserves respect!

Alternatively:

He's earned the right to his own respect for himself, therefore he's earned the right to be respected by everyone else!

Respect is simply an act of personal will, right? Right?

On 9/11/2022 at 10:05 PM, Orion said:

And by lifted we're days from Game 2 so when does this all take place September ?  October ?   And he hasn't played a serious regular season NFL game in how many months ?  This whole thing is so out of control it's ridiculous. 

Meanwhile the BROWNS have to beat the Jets then Steelers the following Thursday and move on in 2022.

GO BROWNS just win baby......by any means necessary.     ;)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Meet with non-football staff?

Isn’t that what got him in trouble in the first place? 🤣

LOL. I actually think he meets with psychologists to try to fix his sick behavior.

I would hope, if they could go back in time, the FO would see that they should NEVER have made that sick, stupid-ass trade with the guaranteed money.

The haslams are so bad, that maybe they have their people negotiating with him to decide guaranteed unlicensed massotherapy they will personally do for him if he could just get their to a superbowl.

Just freaking blech.

• Haha 1

Can't practice yet.  I think that people thinking he's going to be the savior of our season will be disappointed.  He's been on the shelf for soooo long.........new team.......his strings are going to be so far out of tune...   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL. I actually think he meets with psychologists to try to fix his sick behavior.

I would hope, if they could go back in time, the FO would see that they should NEVER have made that sick, stupid-ass trade with the guaranteed money.

The haslams are so bad, that maybe they have their people negotiating with him to decide guaranteed unlicensed massotherapy they will personally do for him if he could just get their to a superbowl.

Just freaking blech.

Better than Mayfield, LMAO.

On 9/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, calfoxwc said:

so, we went to the Canfield Fair - it is a giant of a fair. 353 acres, hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.

Downside - went to a booth for a large lemonade. They were 7$ for a large. It was little ice, seemed like little sugar, and was warm. Iced it and put sugar in it when we got home, it was good.

I was surprised to talk with a vendor about watson. She sold flags, had flags for every pro team, etc etc. I saw a steeler flag and joked that I was offended, I hated the steelers. She laughed and said she hears that all the time. Said I must be a browns fan- I said "yes, but I'm sick of that trade they did, can't stand it. Now I hate their front office and ownership"....

She said as a woman, it is sickening, that trade, and said as a former massotherapist when she was in college - she NEVER had anything like that happen. If it had, she would have been angry and really it would have been a bad scene, she would have been telling him off.....or worse.

She said browns fans deserve so much better than what the browns owners and fo did. Said he should not be allowed to play and have anyone cheering for him, if it ever does happen.

Oh yes !  The Canfield Fair which is the largest county fair  in the state of Ohio  and just amazing.   Established 1846  we used to go to it every year especially in the  1970s with some 100,000+/day  back then when I was in my 20s and the steel mills were rolling. 

Oh that was fantastic,   still is what a terrific place to go to all 6 days.   I especially liked the Canfield Fair at night.   

305065431_10158522400860951_695033116047058067_n.jpg

294099855_10158454442850951_4235217393622639344_n.png

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Just freaking blech.

Yeah- and if high character was a major criteria for success, Tim Tebow would be in the HOF. 

OTOH, there's several criminals who are.   

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes !  The Canfield Fair which is the largest county fair  in the state of Ohio  and just amazing.   Established 1846  we used to go to it every year especially in the  1970s with some 100,000+/day  back then when I was in my 20s and the steel mills were rolling. 

Oh that was fantastic,   still is what a terrific place to go to all 6 days.   I especially liked the Canfield Fair at night.   

305065431_10158522400860951_695033116047058067_n.jpg

294099855_10158454442850951_4235217393622639344_n.png

CANFIELD — The six-day attendance number for the 2022 Canfield Fair was 245,140, down from 285,126 in 2021. “Weather played a factor in the attendance dip from last year, but it was great to see 8,000 fans in the stands on Sunday night for the Sam Hunt concert, even after all the rain.Sep 7, 2022

And to finish the numbers....... 

CANFIELD FAIR | Fun facts

August 26, 2012 at 12:00a.m. 

SIZE

★ The Canfield Fair is the largest county fair in the state of Ohio.

Its 353 acres comprise 178 acres of midway and 175 acres of parking.

The parking areas require regular mowing, cleaning, draining and manicuring.

There were more than 1,000 concessions at the 2009 Canfield Fair. A total of 14,286 square feet was sold to concessionaires.

ADMINISTRATION

The fair is under the direction of one fair manager and a 17-member board of directors. The latter serve without compensation.

There are 69 departments within the Senior Fair, and more than 75 judges for its many events.

There are 77 departments within the Junior Fair, and more than 80 judges for its many events — including July judging for the Ohio State Fair.

Trophies and awards purchased for the 2007 Canfield Fair totaled over $9,500.

The Canfield Fair also maintains its own police department.

ATTENDANCE

★  Average attendance at the fair is 380,000.

Attendance in 2008 was 302,186.

★★  The record attendance for one year was 539,437 in 1979.

★ The record single-day attendance is 158,423, set on Sunday of that year.  A BIG DEAL !

FACILITIES

There are 16 restroom buildings located throughout the grounds, plus 72 Port-a-John units that are rented for the duration of the Fair.

Shuttle vehicles convey fair patrons from the parking lots to the gates. In 2008, shuttle drivers logged 1,009.75 total hours.

The fair has a full-time maintenance crew of up to 25 workers.

Between 1,600 and 1,800 garbage “totes” are placed around the grounds. Each is emptied three times daily.

Total waste hauled away in the course of the fair: more than 300 tons.

Manure management at the 2008 fair cost $21,600.

Recent capital improvements at the fairgrounds — undertaken at a cost of over $250,000 — include building upgrades, drainage, painting and equipment.

UTILITIES

Total annual electric bill at the Canfield Fairgrounds: $236,000+.

Electric bill during the Canfield Fair: $94,000+.

Ride operators also provide three generator rigs.

MISCELLANEOUS

In 2008, some 1,100 cases of lemons were purchased to make lemon shakes, a perennial fair favorite.

At 140 lemons per case, this works out to 154,000 lemons.

Since a half a lemon is used in each lemon shake, 308,000 of the thirst-quenching treats were sold in 2008.

Source: Canfield Fair Board

• mjp28 changed the title to Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and CANFIELD FAIR numbers, etc.

Whoooops,  this storyline  did get a bit  ●  OFF TOPIC ●  and we will put it back to the original story line.

WOW.  44 pages, quite an interesting subject.   Mr Watson and his huge fine and Johnson that.....well you know the rest.  And his big $$$$ fine that's just chump change for him.   Carry on.

.......edit add,   I have to say when  I saw a post on something that was near and dear to me the Canfield Fair in the 1970s I just had to make some comments on it.  I guarantee you I was there every year many days.   The old mud fields with the stuck cars and the farmers with their tractors pulling them out.  The 100,000 - 150,000 atendees......oh yes. !

-BUT-  I didn't want it to take over the topic......so I'm throwing a flag on myself.

SO back to Mr Watson and his trials and tribulations.     And on.....

Screenshot_2020-05-06_113342.jpg

Edited by mjp28

44 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- and if high character was a major criteria for success, Tim Tebow would be in the HOF. 

OTOH, there's several criminals who are.   

That's an interesting thought. 

• mjp28 changed the title to Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and CANF
On 9/3/2022 at 4:25 PM, calfoxwc said:

Yet not one of the women in question had the character of this Canfield Fair woman? Not one stood up to Watson. No cop was called. No manager was notified. Not one of the establishments banned him from coming back?

You don't think that is fishy? I honestly think it stinks to high heaven. 

Sorry, I think these women are gold diggers. Until money entered the picture there were fine.

He may be a perv, but these women are no angels, and certainly not victims. I am sick and tired of hearing about how strong women are, and then having to listen to them whine about how traumatized they are. Fuck em. Play ball.

• Upvote 2

• mjp28 changed the title to Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.
1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Yet not one of the women in question had the character of this Canfield Fair woman? Not one stood up to Watson. No cop was called. No manager was notified. Not one of the establishments banned him from coming back?

You don't think that is fishy? I honestly think it stinks to high heaven. 

Sorry, I think these women are gold diggers. Until money entered the picture there were fine.

He may be a perv, but these women are no angels, and certainly not victims. I am sick and tired of hearing about how strong women are, and then having to listen to them whine about how traumatized they are. Fuck em. Play ball.

True !    And now ......  Massage females.....very rich NFL QB.....someone smelled easy money.....once it started just say "he said this"......then just make sure that you spell my name right on my check.   

But  the bad part he's a starting quarterback for an NFL professional football team what is he doing  fiddling around with all of these broads ?  Doesn't he have any self control not to get involved like this ?

And it's not 1 or 3 or whatever 60 ?   Is he Bill Cosby for christ sake.   He brings this slimeball mess  right up to the Cleveland Browns front door.    Oh thanks a lot to the owner too.

SO here we are still typing about this perv....his broads....the bad PR....the suspension and fine.....a screwed up season (well the QB part).

Anybody else wish this all would just go away ?     But it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Can't practice yet.  I think that people thinking he's going to be the savior of our season will be disappointed.  He's been on the shelf for soooo long.........new team.......his strings are going to be so far out of tune...   

Our schedule ahead is tougher than the opposition we have played. I have been saying this season is lost for a couple of games already. Knowing this likelihood, we should be making changes as soon as possible to get the team ready for next season with new coache(s) and players. A new DC at least. That's the only way to get dividends from the DW trade IMO.

Dammit, if only I would've done some electrical work for him, as I'm sure I would suddenly remember how he made me feel uncomfortable walking around in those tight shorts and muscle shirt while showing me what he wanted done, all while saying "You can load up my panel any day Sparky". 

Well, there goes my retirement plan. 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Dammit, if only I would've done some electrical work for him, as I'm sure I would suddenly remember how he made me feel uncomfortable walking around in those tight shorts and muscle shirt while showing me what he wanted done, all while saying "You can load up my panel any day Sparky". 

Well, there goes my retirement plan. 

That was good !  

And I wouldn't worry about your retirement package  ...................... just yet.   :lol:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That was good !  

And I wouldn't worry about your retirement package  ...................... just yet.   :lol:

As long as the free shower package comes with it , right?      

.........  and I had to re-edit the emoji face !   :lol:    Still funny stuff.    And im watching old reruns of Rescue Me now..  Funny stuff too.

• Haha 1

Seems a bit convenient that this is filed when he’s eligible to return to the building 

No news when he’s gone away, but soon as he’s back in the news, let’s file a suit

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1