THE BROWNS BOARD

🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Jets at Browns 🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

Zombo

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

The last time the Browns were in the playoffs did they have any trouble intercepting Pittsburgh's QB 4 times?  Even Santa Claus isn't that nice to Cleveland...  I don't give the first Rat who was back in the secondary that night because the pressure they brought up front was relentless and impressive.  Pitt got some junk-time points and stats after the game had already already been decided. Someone said "yeah but Big Ben threw for over 500 yards" to which I replied yeah but his most reliable receivers were wearing Brown and Orange all night.  

Nicks, whoever told you the only way this team is ever going to look like it has caught fire is to put Tabasco Sauce in your eyes right before opening kickoff gave you horrible advice.  That ain't working.  

I'm going to say this 1 more time.  That team that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in January of 2021 was basically a Hollywood Higgins' fumble at the 1" line for a touchback away from being in an AFC Championship Game.  The 1st playoff win was without our Head Coach meaning?  The Offensive and Defensive Coordinators were quite promising.  Let's try to stop flying off the handle every week about who sucks or needs to be fired this early on in a year we only had 3 preseason games.

I think we have talent in our secondary if we can get them a little more professional with their communications and pre-snap cues/keys.  If our FO wants it to look like we're attacking passers/defending running games with more than just pawns - let's bring in some legit DTs to prevent such a thing. 

Let's see what happens moving forward....  

I'll believe it when I see it Tom...

10 hours ago, nickers said:

I'll believe it when I see it Tom...

I just told you, in the only playoff game the Browns have won in the last 28 years, they intercepted the QB 4 times in January of 2021.  That's evidence that this DC can help us if he has the right people upfront, at LBer and in the secondary. In all, that defense caused 5 turnovers and gave Baker and our backup playcaller the short field enough times for the Browns to score 48 points.  The Browns were up 48-29 until Pitt scored a junk-time TD with 1:09 remaining.

Now you're pretending you never saw such a thing. Is this the little game you want me to play?  If so, I don't have time - maybe Chuck-E-Cheese has a Cleveland Browns message board with age groups that like to play pretend. 

Hopefully everyone is aware of all the starters that might not play on the DL.  That said, it could be an ideal opportunity for Winfrey/others to upgrade the guy they are replacing inside.  Myles Garrett is going to be a huge loss.  I don't know if Clowney hopping around on a pogo stick is a good idea or gives us anything close to what he is with 2 healthy ankles.  He might need another week or so if it's a high ankle problem.

Atlanta has some weapons very good weapons at RB, WR and TE.  If go man coverage and Mariota sees some backs downfield turned to him - he can do some serious damage with his legs.  I hope that all 3 phases are ready to giddy-up and get after Atlanta.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

I just told you, in the only playoff game the Browns have won in the last 28 years, they intercepted the QB 4 times in January of 2021.  That's evidence that this DC can help us if he has the right people upfront, at LBer and in the secondary. In all, that defense caused 5 turnovers and gave Baker and our backup playcaller the short field enough times for the Browns to score 48 points.  The Browns were up 48-29 until Pitt scored a junk-time TD with 1:09 remaining.

Now you're pretending you never saw such a thing. Is this the little game you want me to play?  If so, I don't have time - maybe Chuck-E-Cheese has a Cleveland Browns message board with age groups that like to play pretend. 

Hopefully everyone is aware of all the starters that might not play on the DL.  That said, it could be an ideal opportunity for Winfrey/others to upgrade the guy they are replacing inside.  Myles Garrett is going to be a huge loss.  I don't know if Clowney hopping around on a pogo stick is a good idea or gives us anything close to what he is with 2 healthy ankles.  He might need another week or so if it's a high ankle problem.

Atlanta has some weapons very good weapons at RB, WR and TE.  If go man coverage and Mariota sees some backs downfield turned to him - he can do some serious damage with his legs.  I hope that all 3 phases are ready to giddy-up and get after Atlanta.

Big deal... One game... They are inconsistent at best... Yeah... Injuries happen.. Every secondary has a good game.... I'm not pretending anything... I don't know why your losing your mind over this... Maybe you ate too much Chucky cheese last week..

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Big deal... One game... They are inconsistent at best... Yeah... Injuries happen.. Every secondary has a good game.... I'm not pretending anything... I don't know why your losing your mind over this... Maybe you ate too much Chucky cheese last week.. Joe Woods is a shit coach is all I said... He'e sucked everywhere he's been...

Dude, I don't even know why I walk into the kitchen any more.  It's already gone.  Truth be told, I'm not sure if he's a big problem or he's just getting too much credit for problems.  Every defensive position group has a Coach and an assistant coach. We also have a Defensive Run Game Coordinator and a Pass Game Coordinator on top of all that.  That's either really impressive or we have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians/Guardians/Browns.  That said, inside our injured book ends - we're playing gridiron chess with pawns our front office seems content with.  Hopefully Winfrey can change my mind about that.  We're only 3 games old this year so we'll get our answers soon.  

But if firing a Coordinator was the only solution - what do you think keeps going wrong with all these dejavues keeping you from exhaling?

• 4 months later...