THE BROWNS BOARD

🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫Official Gameday Thread Jets at Browns 🟫⬜️🟧🟧⬜️🟫

Zombo

13 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You're describing 3 deep rules.  In which case that means ward would stay high in his 1/3.    Either coverage puts Ward at fault.

I know what im describing and there were numerous times they ran a cover 3 with both safeties a deep third. If you listened to stef after the game and myles garrett its pretty clear both are talking about delpit. Stefanski talking about a young first year starter not understanding the coverage and garrett saying safety has to be the deepest guy there.  Our safety wasn't

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh, and the delicious irony that is the ending of this game coinciding with the return of a certain poster on this board is not lost on me. 

YES, YES, YES it was not Kevin ShitMyPantski's lack of discipline from top-to-bottom, it was your Daddy that caused this.

If ShitMyPantski has a job tomorrow it will be a bigger joke than his total lack of control of his team.

Even Hue Jackson wouldn't have lost this.

Stefanski......Shit at the top.....Roll.it down hill.

This is the worst embarrassment the Browns have ever suffered.

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I know what im describing and there were numerous times they ran a cover 3 with both safeties a deep third. If you listened to stef after the game and myles garrett its pretty clear both are talking about delpit. Stefanski talking about a young first year starter not understanding the coverage and garrett saying safety has to be the deepest guy there.  Our safety wasn't

Just got done with my drive back to my place and I was thinking about this before you responded.

....If it's some kind of cloud or cover 2, then Delpit has to move his ass and get off that hash.   And I mentioned last week his struggles.    So Stef and Myles' post game comments sort of play to that.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Chubb stays in bounds and doesn’t score and we win. Kick an extra point and it’s overtime. Recover a kick and we win. Don’t give up a awfully bad TD and we win.

coaching blows period. Woods doesn’t understand schemes to keep defenses together to win games. Stop fucking defending that asshole.

Yes, WTF is wrong with Chubb putting us up 2 TDs with under 2 minutes to go? WTF is wrong with that guy? Whoever heard of going up 2 scores late in the game? That is idiotic.

Of course.....If we fumbled 1st and goal at the 2 and lost, you would be bitching that Chubb should have put the game on ice.

This is on ShitMyPantski and nobody else.

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Just got done with my drive back to my place and I was thinking about this before you responded.

....If it's some kind of cloud or cover 2, then Delpit has to move his ass and get off that hash.   And I mentioned last week his struggles.    So Stef and Myles' post game comments sort of play to that.

One thing is for certain. I hate seeing our secondary pointing at each other after every single completion. 

I can't believe we aren't sitting here with the browns being 2-0

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

One thing is for certain. I hate seeing our secondary pointing at each other after every single completion. 

I can believe it. I left my cabin up 30-17. Under 2 minutes to go. I told my wife they could lose it by the time I get home. AND THE FREAKIN DID. 

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Brissett the guy that supposedly protects the ball, throws the interception. Last week's hero Cade York missed extra point. Another blown coverage same as last week. 

Just Browns being Browns.🤷‍♂️

I told you people Briquet is PURE SHIT!

16 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Joe woods and this secondary figure it the F out.  Bench Delpit. 

Delpit is a very stupid football player.  No wonder why the Jets HC knew they were going to win this game all day.  The Jets scored on almost the same exact same play Carolina scored on us with.  I'm not really impressed with either of our Safeties at all.  Like Ron White of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour always said "You can't fix stupid!"  

When the Jets threw an incomplete pass on 3rd and 1 when they were near midfield in the 1st half - I KNOW I wasn't the only viewer thinking I hope we're ready for the fake punt. That's right where you do those things.

Then, when they scored with 15 seconds left in the 1st half with a pass in the flats without 1 LBer in the area code (all of them in the end zone) - of course they're gonna score an uncontested TD.  An OLB or a DE in walk-off assignment to the flats are supposed to have this 100% of the time.  We called timeout right before this play right?  Ummm, how about reminding your tired defense of their coverage responsibilities?  No?  All set?  Didn't look it!  Why was JOK waiting in the end zone

I keep hearing how talented this defense is but I'm sorry - but they didn't show that at all today. There's nothing worse than watching mental errors beat you when the opponent can't beat you without this generosity. David Njoku got a raise for WHAT?   Our RBs and backup QB played great games and hats off to Cooper and even Harrison Bryant.  The oline was good today too.  What did any of that matter though?

For having 2 good edge rushers, we're very vulnerable to teams running outside on us.  I remember Tyrod Taylor of the Texans last year on a play he pulled his hammy almost walking in for a TD outside.  We're doing some things on Defense that are very unsound.  I'd love to see us use Myles Garrett's power on the edge to use a Reggie White getting to the depth of QB drop and clamping down where he can make a tackle if the QB goes up inside or the QB bellies back around to allow defensive pursuit to get over. I'm baffled by what I saw out there today.  At least I can keep my expectations guarded as obviously needed.  

Game summary:  NY Jets if you can't beat Cleveland don't worry about it - they will beat themselves for you. Did I miss anything?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

CCC.

Constant. Correct. Communication.    That's what I was always told.      

This much is clear from week 1 until now.

- Stef, Van Pelt and Jacoby needed to go to work in the film room and the white board to be better for this week.   They were.

- Woods and the assistant defensive coaches needed to make sure their players understand their calls and assignments.   They didn't.

I mentioned this last week.  If you feel you have a personnel issue, and your players (Myles) feel the same, then you either need to change his role or remove him from the starting lineup until he can make sure the call is translating to being assignment sound.

Delpit struggled last week, and without having the all-22 in front of me (yet) going by what Stef has said, he struggled this week when it mattered the most.  

He fills a great role when he's playing the nickel, a spot we currently have Harrison at on early downs.  But now that he has taken on an expanded role which requires communication and understanding, we see coverage breakdowns.   Not only today, but last week as well.   I'm not even including the fuck up by Newsome to Robby Anderson vs CAR either. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

CCC.

Constant. Correct. Communication.    That's what I was always told.      

This much is clear from week 1 until now.

- Stef, Van Pelt and Jacoby needed to go to work in the film room and the white board to be better for this week.   They were.

- Woods and the assistant defensive coaches needed to make sure their players understand their calls and assignments.   They didn't.

I mentioned this last week.  If you feel you have a personnel issue, and your players (Myles) feel the same, then you either need to change his role or remove him from the starting lineup until he can make sure the call is translating to being assignment sound.

Delpit struggled last week, and without having the all-22 in front of me (yet) going by what Stef has said, he struggled this week when it mattered the most.  

He fills a great role when he's playing the nickel, a spot we currently have Harrison at on early downs.  But now that he has taken on an expanded role which requires communication and understanding, we see coverage breakdowns.   Not only today, but last week as well.   I'm not even including the fuck up by Newsome to Robby Anderson vs CAR either. 

Looks like we were typing similar frustrations at the same time T.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

Snapping the ball with 22 seconds still on the play clock at the 5:45 mark, wtf was that?

Nothing the offense did today made me upset at all. It wasn’t perfect but it was good enough to win…two weeks in row our new tackle held up well. We have a true number 1 WR finally.  We have a Professional QB and a great one two punch in the backfield and a line that supports what we need to do. 

We were playing a little tempo there and wearing their front down with chunk yardage in the run game…fine by me.  

But with under 2 mins and up by two scores we should have employed a prevent defense and made it known to all that no one gets behind you .

When the coverage breakdowns happened last week I thought great we have a teachable moment but we are doing so during a victory. You can’t let that happen the next week.

780416DF-7879-4F87-ACC7-7EB6AE58FA8F.jpeg

37 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Nothing the offense did today made me upset at all. It wasn’t perfect but it was good enough to win…two weeks in row our new tackle held up well. We have a true number 1 WR finally.  We have a Professional QB and a great one two punch in the backfield and a line that supports what we need to do. 

780416DF-7879-4F87-ACC7-7EB6AE58FA8F.jpeg

The Browns offense has scored 26 and 30 points the first two weeks of the season. 

I have zero complaints about that, at the end of the day. 

The defense, on the other hand, has been laughably inept at times. This was supposed to be the lynchpin of the team. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

This is as bad as the 2013 loss against the Pats. But that 3-minute, 12-point comeback was giftwrapped to them by the refs. For this one, all the blame is inward. How in the fuck does a defense let anyone behind them in that situation?

This is as bad as the 2001 Browns vs Bears game in Chicago.

I'm sure most of us - at least somewhere stuffed deep in our subconscious - remember that game.