THE BROWNS BOARD

Wide Receiver

Orion

12 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I don't see 8 rookies, but money is a consideration when looking at the long term health of the salary cap.

I suppose it is possible.  That said I would still like to see some draft capitol moved up or go ahead and bank some for next year.

took 1 move up with Bears to #53.. 

We don't have a 4th next season? or

could get to Bills #59 (-3rd & -4th) to cover a 5th &/or 6th position?

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A
    Jammie Robinson
    S | Florida State
    A+
    Parker Washington
    WR | Penn State
    A+
    Byron Young (AL)
    DL | Alabama
    A+

• Upvote 1

The RAS posted above for those two end-of-the-bench WR's has one thing in common.. The reason those guys are barely rosterable isn't their deep/long speed but rather their inability to beat coverage.  The red for both at the bottom [3-cone and shuttle] describes their lack of quickness both into and out of their breaks.

This means that no matter the height of the CB's covering them.. those guys won't be open at any point on the field unless somebody falls down.

For contrast, Elijah Moore's RAS is elite in those areas.

55 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A
    Jammie Robinson
    S | Florida State
    A+
    Parker Washington
    WR | Penn State
    A+
    Byron Young (AL)
    DL | Alabama
    A+

Looks GREAT Gumbs. I HATE the thought of starting a second consecutive draft in the 3rd round; so your mock draft would be awesome!

• Like 1

A mock draft of Campbell and Parker Washington is going to get a big thumbs up from me.

But as the guy who kind of started the Parker Washington Bandwagon, now I'm nervous that he's going to flame out and I'll have to wear my love for him like an albatross 😄

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I saw somewhere where Berry wanted to trade for Moore last year.

I should also say that I saw somewhere that the Jets thought he was a PITA.

I assume that he has a clean slate here with us fans.  But we'll be finding out if Berry was correct all along about him.....

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A mock draft of Campbell and Parker Washington is going to get a big thumbs up from me.

But as the guy who kind of started the Parker Washington Bandwagon, now I'm nervous that he's going to flame out and I'll have to wear my love for him like an albatross 😄

I’d wear it too.  He has ball skills like  fellow “we ares”Juwon Johnson and Jahan Dotson- both have performed well at the next level.  I think he’s got another elite skill set He’s going to be IMO a YAC machine and turn the pitch and catch game into extra yards.  

Interesting side point his cousin…our backup QB Josh Dobbs

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Naaa, you only have to wear that if you are the guy who actually drafts the player.

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’d wear it too.  He has ball skills like  fellow “we ares”Juwon Johnson and Jahan Dotson- both have performed well at the next level.  I think he’s got another elite skill set He’s going to be IMO a YAC machine and turn the pitch and catch game into extra yards.  

Interesting side point his cousin…our backup QB Josh Dobbs

Me too!  

Morning!

off to work, Have some fun.. https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator click start at top/pause anytime to purpose trade

Jack Campbell was the highest rated player once before taken at #53. #98 has a bunch of position help of choice

Edge & DT's of Mazi Smith or Benton have options too.

You'll be offered a bunch of trades.. next years or move downs.. 

Might be a topic to start elsewhere... Mock Mania.. plenty out there 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A
    Jammie Robinson
    S | Florida State
    A+
    Parker Washington
    WR | Penn State
    A+
    Byron Young (AL)
    DL | Alabama
    A+

Side bet for a Coca Cola that Young is still there at 140. I say gone by then.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:00 AM, ballpeen said:

I think we might see a trade up, were, who knows?  I also think we will see an effort to trade back to gain picks next year.

There is a buzz that the Browns could very well be trading. 

As much as I'm never one that likes to hear the phrase "next year" - last I knew, we only had 4 draft picks scheduled for next year.  That might have changed - I'm not sure.  

Bill Belichick was once asked about a get together he had with Jimmy Johnson fishing, ironically. I say that because aside from enjoying the relaxing activity on the water - Bill was fishing for info about the draft.  Johnson informed he saw draft picks as valuable capital toward building your team.  Bill became a guy known for trading back and gaining picks doing so.  That being the case, what was the harm in drafting a guy like Tom Brady in round 6 that nobody else seemed interested in?  He wasn't a 1st year starter; but the 1st year he started after Bledsoe got injured the next year - he was the Super Bowl winning QB that emerged into a GOAT.  

I'm okay with not using all our picks this after the free agency efforts set us up so we can make trades with picks.  I had to sleep on that though but we can trade up for a better shot at immediate help or trade back to bulk up next year's draft. We have options.  

Edited by Flugel
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No doubt we need to select 3-4 players this year, and hopefully all will be solid guys in a year.  I want to go BPA and not worry about positions so much, but it wouldn't bother me at all (wink wink) if we draft a back, guard, and DT.

I don't worry about RB so much as you can always draft and plug and play those guys to some degree.  I also like John Kelly who has been on our practice squad a couple of seasons.  We could play him this year.    Mid-late round Dt's and Guards could use a little seasoning in a perfect world.  Guards are in that area all the time.  Good ones.  DT's maybe not the studs, but you can still find good run stuffer in that area...pass rushers not so much....but run stuffers are fine in a rotational role, if not starting.

LB is an area we could us.  maybe draft one rather than the back I mentioned earlier.  With our O-line, we can find backs who would be decent enough in free agency after camp cuts.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I also like John Kelly who has been on our practice squad

Thank you.  I was forgetting about him.  I like him every August.  There's never been any room for him.  Perhaps, this year, the stars might line up for him.  ??  

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

Thank you.  I was forgetting about him.  I like him every August.  There's never been any room for him.  Perhaps, this year, the stars might line up for him.  ??  

That's why I can't see them drafting RB

14 hours ago, Flugel said:

There is a buzz that the Browns could very well be trading. 

As much as I'm never one that likes to hear the phrase "next year" - last I knew, we only had 4 draft picks scheduled for next year.  That might have changed - I'm not sure.  

What you said above got me curious about the state of the Browns draft picks for 2024, and I've had trouble finding a recent article that states what picks they have for next draft. One article from last year said eight picks, another old article said seven. 

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What you said above got me curious about the state of the Browns draft picks for 2024, and I've had trouble finding a recent article that states what picks they have for next draft. One article from last year said eight picks, another old article said seven. 

There isn't any articles in 2023.  I think you have to go all the way back to October of 2022 to see there was 7 left.  There's been some trades made that brought it down temporarily but others since could have brought it up.  This will probably change again after this year's draft if we make more trades.  I was hoping someone had an update on it all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

trustworthy Dutch..

#Browns 2024 Draft Picks
2nd
3rd
5th
5th < Panthers (Mayfield)
6th* < Texans (Watson)
7th
7th < Falcons (Jones)

Traded Picks 1st & 4th > Watson
Texans 6th* > Falcons (Jones)
*Unconfirmed if the 6th that went to the Falcons was the Browns or Texans one

• Thanks 3

Well I'm not one bit thrilled by this scene... I don't want this head case drama queen anywhere near Berea... He is CANCER!!!

33 minutes ago, nickers said:

Well I'm not one bit thrilled by this scene.

I wouldn't give it any thought.  The guys we have in charge are the ones that he embarrassed.   Stef gave him the basic, Good to see you!  How've you been?  How's your family?  Hey, All the best!  Go fuck yourself...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Orion said:

I wouldn't give it any thought.  The guys we have in charge are the ones that he embarrassed.   Stef gave him the basic, Good to see you!  How've you been?  How's your family?  Hey, All the best!  Go fuck yourself...

Stef is a pussy... I doubt it...

20 hours ago, nickers said:

Stef is a pussy... I doubt it...

Ya know, in reality, I'd kinda' like to have OBJ lined up on the field.  He's somebody that the D has to pay attention to.  Also, he's liked by the players.  But he screwed us over, so he can't be allowed back.  

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Ya know, in reality, I'd kinda' like to have OBJ lined up on the field.  He's somebody that the D has to pay attention to.  Also, he's liked by the players.  But he screwed us over, so he can't be allowed back.  

No... I don't want his drama queen bullshit here... He's a distraction and a locker room divider...

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nickers said:

He's a distraction and a locker room divider...

Supposedly that's only half true.  It's said that he's a great team mate.  He works with the younger receivers and stuff.

But yes, he's an attention lover.  I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him.  Less outside noise.  Less potential for outside noise.  Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him.  OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him.  Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him.  Screw me once, shame on you.  Screw me twice, shame on me.  No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

Supposedly that's only half true.  It's said that he's a great team mate.  He works with the younger receivers and stuff.

But yes, he's an attention lover.  I think a coach's life and job is simpler without him.  Less outside noise.  Less potential for outside noise.  Now, having said that, I betchya Watson would want him.  OBJ would pull some of the media attention off of him.  Even so, I wouldn't bring him back no matter how much I might need him.  Screw me once, shame on you.  Screw me twice, shame on me.  No, you don't get the second chance to screw me.

Hes made of glass... No thanks... He's not gonna get better..

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Hes made of glass... No thanks... He's not gonna get better..

You guys are agreeing in different ways.  Once was enough.  But, I DO think his inability to stay healthy is why 31 other teams won't sign him prior to any unforeseen volume of injuries to their WR Corps.  Doing it this way also humbles the wages.  If it doesn't - there will be other choices for the team in that situation.

A lot can be said about what unfolded here.  Lucky for us, there's no reason to re-live any of it today.

• Upvote 2

As much as I would absolutely love to see nicker's head explode and to be able to read his nonstop whining that would result from signing OBJ, I'm with the consensus, and it appears the Browns have no real interest in bringing Mr Glass back either.

Report: Cardinals could cut WR DeAndre Hopkins

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/03/browns-cardinals-deshaun-watson-target-deandre-hopkins-could-cut/

If this does happen, we would be in pole position to land him. Some deal would have to be worked out to fit him under the cap and be able to sign our picks, but his history with DW might go a long way. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1