THE BROWNS BOARD

Cade York is out.

nickers

Today, I heard a guy asking, What would you think of the Browns organization if they didn't bring in another kicker and move on from York? I thought that was a great question because that would show a complete lack of awareness and send a message that they were not really doing everything they could to win this year. Kind of like when they kept Shwartz last year. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now we sit and watch how this new kicker deals with kicking on the lakefront. 

Always a fun game for all!

His orientation day should be four hours with Phil and let Phil deliver his dissertation on wind patterns and stadium flag analysis. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Bad decision to cut him. The Browns just can't bring players along. Should have harnessed Mayfield, getting rid of York and replace him with what? Another unknown.

You can look up Dustin Hopkins'stats yourself. 18 out of 20 last season gives a hell of a lot more confidence than Cade.

And the less said about the trainwreck that is Mayfield, the better.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

You can look up Dustin Hopkins'stats yourself. 18 out of 20 last season gives a hell of a lot more confidence than Cade.

I for one was tired of seeing even many of his "made" attempts look like Hoyt Wilhelm was kicking.🏈

• Haha 2

Report: Browns want Cade York back on practice squad if he clears waivers

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/29/browns-cade-york-practice-squad-possible/

After trading for veteran kicker Dustin Hopkins a day ago, the Cleveland Browns made the subsequent move of cutting second-year and former fourth round pick Cade York. Struggling through the preseason with the Browns, including whiffing on go-ahead field goals late in games in back-to-back weeks, the Browns had no choice but to make the move.

The door to a reunion, however, has not been completely shut as The OBR’s Brad Stainbrook has reported that the Browns “would love to have York back on the practice squad.” York, of course, would have to clear waivers first as a player with less than four years of NFL experience.

At the point of going unclaimed on waivers, however, York would then have his choice of which practice squad he could sign with. And with how his time in Cleveland went and ended, there is reason to believe he would likely take his chances on a clean slate and fresh start elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Bad decision to cut him. The Browns just can't bring players along. Should have harnessed Mayfield, getting rid of York and replace him with what? Another unknown.

I don't spend a lot of time here, but when I do, I always appreciate your elite level of trolling. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vambo said:

.....And with how his time in Cleveland went and ended, there is reason to believe he would likely take his chances on a clean slate and fresh start elsewhere.

That's what I would do.  If anywhere else would take me, that's where I'd go.  There's no trust in him here.

and Then there were 3..

Which Kickers Were on the Move?

On Monday, the Chargers traded kicker Dustin Hopkins to the Browns for a 2025 7th round pick. Kicker-palooza begins 

The Patriots dealt kicker Nick Folk to the Titans for a 2025 seventh-round pick. Folk, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie in 2007, has been with New England since 2019. The Titans will be the fifth team Folk has played for. He made 32 of 37 field goals for the Patriots in 2022, including a perfect 18 for 18 inside 40 yards. (we traded w/Pats. for RB3)

The Broncos acquired kicker Wil Lutz from the Saints for a 2024 seventh-round pick. Lutz reunites in Denver with his former Saints head coach, Sean Payton. He missed a career-high nine field goals in 2022 after missing the entire 2021 season because of a core muscle injury.

Payton is hoping Lutz is able to regain his success from his first four seasons when he made 87.5% of his field goals. Lutz’s career long is 60 yards.

covers all player cut-down trades https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-trades-today-recapping-every-trade-from-nfls-roster-cut-deadline-trends/

21 hours ago, Vambo said:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/29/browns-cade-york-practice-squad-possible/

After trading for veteran kicker Dustin Hopkins a day ago, the Cleveland Browns made the subsequent move of cutting second-year and former fourth round pick Cade York. Struggling through the preseason with the Browns, including whiffing on go-ahead field goals late in games in back-to-back weeks, the Browns had no choice but to make the move.

The door to a reunion, however, has not been completely shut as The OBR’s Brad Stainbrook has reported that the Browns “would love to have York back on the practice squad.” York, of course, would have to clear waivers first as a player with less than four years of NFL experience.

At the point of going unclaimed on waivers, however, York would then have his choice of which practice squad he could sign with. And with how his time in Cleveland went and ended, there is reason to believe he would likely take his chances on a clean slate and fresh start elsewhere.

He has a strong leg so I hope he sticks around on the practice squad and fights his way back.

Can we make Dawson a offer?

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2023 at 8:39 PM, Orion said:

That's what I would do.  If anywhere else would take me, that's where I'd go.  There's no trust in him here.

I agree and in the  that is what he did do.  It was the only decision.

I would have wanted him to stay.  He is going to be a good kicker in the league but we are at the point we couldn't wait for that to happen.

The fan based had turned on him which added to the pressure.  He just needed to start with a clean slate.

I see we added a kicker to our practice squad.  Hopkins is our kicker for now, but we have someone ready to call up.  Maybe we even go with 2 active kickers at some point.  Hopkins isn't all that good outside 40 yards.  We might want that long rage kicker in some situations.   

I'd rather take my chances on a 55 yard FG over a hail mary with 2 seconds remaining.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:03 PM, D Bone said:

I don't spend a lot of time here, but when I do, I always appreciate your elite level of trolling. 

It's only trolling for the functional retarded who often do not have the capacity to comprehend anything they disagree with.

I will type slow, and tell you my position.

1) I would have not cut York. I believe the Browns will live to see that this was a mistake.

2) For Baker Mayfield to have collapsed so horribly in one season and then get mired in social media nonsense reflects directly on the Browns organization, especially the head coach.

If the Browns are going to keep getting rid of young kids because they are immature the Browns will have a team devoid of energy.

Sorry Sparky, it is not trolling to look at a $230,000,000 QB who has now consumed 20% of his contract, yielding nothing so far but shit, and wonder if the Browns would have been better off firing Stefa ski and Depodesta, keeping Mayfield, and hiring a head coach who knows how to harvest the best in players.

That isn't an ability that this Browns organization has shown.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

1) I would have not cut York. I believe the Browns will live to see that this was a mistake.

2) For Baker Mayfield to have collapsed so horribly in one season and then get mired in social media nonsense reflects directly on the Browns organization, especially the head coach.

Baker is a self centered dope who misses passes high.  And York can't kick it through the uprights when there's points involved.   But that's the Browns fault...right?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

Baker is a self centered dope who misses passes high.  And York can't kick it through the uprights when there's points involved.   But that's the Browns fault...right?  

You forgot Baker is on his fourth team in the past 14 months.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

You forgot Baker is on his fourth team in the past 14 months.  

Didn't forget.  Just didn't want to go on.  The day he looked at Felton standing all alone, just past the sticks, and pulled it down to run for the first down...because it's all gotta be about him...and of course got tackled resulting in a punt and a loss...I gave up on him.