THE BROWNS BOARD

T.Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 11 -  PIT 10 (+1) -at- ★ CLE 13  Game #10 🏈  Nov. 19★ "7-3"

Dutch Oven

Just now, mjp28 said:

Sure was syd,  I was glad my brother from Cleveland came down to Boardman to watch it with me.

Fan-tastic finish.  CLE  13   PIT 10    Oh yes !

my dumbass brother bet on them squeelers. hope he lost a lot

glad you and your bro enjoyed the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The atmosphere was amazing. 

So many sad Steelers fans crying in their piss yellow towels.

It was beautiful! 

A  Cleveland BROWNS  fan-tastic finish to remember   -or-   why we do this on  The BROWNS BOARD  for every  BROWNS  fan everywhere.    :D

• Like 1

Oh one thing that I wished most of you could have experienced...

After the Browns defense was announced, Nick Chubb came out of the tunnel on crutches and was announced. I thought the crowd was going to blow the roof off.

Then they had Jim Donovan on the field to smash the guitar.

At that moment, I could have ran through a fucking brick wall. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

After the Browns defense was announced, Nick Chubb came out of the tunnel on crutches and was announced. I thought the crowd was going to blow the roof off.

At that moment, I would have ran through a fucking brick wall. 

thats cool as hell. I did see on youtube of jim killing the guitar, but not Nick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

At that moment, I would have ran through a fucking brick wall. 

OMG !!!    What an absolute amazing  Cleveland BROWNS Game to go to.    Incredible !   One to remember for a long, long time.

It was amazing no matter where on earth  you were.    The 11/19/2023  game. CLE  13-10 finish one.

CLE  7-3. it just goes on and on.

• Like 1

• mjp28 changed the title to T.Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 11 -  PIT 10 (+1) -at- ★ CLE 13  Game #10 🏈  Nov. 19★ "7-3"

I think we get the luxury again of learning from a loss, and that's extremely powerful. People are buying in, they're starting to believe, and they know it's going to be a slog. All of the sudden, the Broncos game looks tough, the Texans game looks very difficult, and you've got to figure out a way to get some more victories. 

Up 10-0, it very much felt to me like we were trying to not hand the game over on offense like we did the first time. I was ok doing that up 10, but we HAVE to find ways of generating SOME explosives, we just have to. 

Now, to be fair, not every team is Pittsburgh. I told my buddy it seemed like we were playing Techmo Bowl and the Steelers perpetually kept guessing our play. I'm not being negative, just stating facts here. We could not run the ball, we could not attack intermediate areas of the field, or much across the middle other than a slant or two. Virtually every pass was to the outside and was about a yard or two down the field. DTR's average depth of target was 3 yards and the NFL average is 6. It worked today, but I don't think many people are thrilled with the lack of attacking attempts. 

Again, not every team is Pittsburgh, so the run game will likely be better, the compressed style of defense won't be as severe, and you won't have Highsmith and Watt bearing down on you. Broncos are 32nd in DBOA defense, a major stat. That's MUCH better than Pittsburgh, I'll tell you THAT. I thoroughly believe Browns were SO scared of the edge rushers that they just were NOT going jeopardize the tiny lead or tie game status. They were bound and determined to make the Steelers' offense beat them, and they couldn't. 

LFG people. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Question for the geezers here. When is the last time the Browns were 7-3?

During the Baker Mayfield  long  era in Cleveland ....  I believe.  Before that I will have to look it up.

......  edit add  .....  CLE 7-3 list.

When was the last time the Cleveland Browns started the season 7-3?

The last time the Cleveland Browns started the season 7-3 was in the 2020 season, after a 22-17 win over the Eagles. The Browns finished the season 11-5 and eventually lost in the Divisional Round in the playoffs.

How many times have the Cleveland Browns started the season 7-3?

The Cleveland Browns have started the season 7-3 a total of 12 times, in the 1952, 1961, 1963, 1966, 1968, 1972, 1979-1980, 1986-1987, 1989 and 2020 seasons.  <--●  NOTE 1 :  NOT in the 1964 Championship year.

How often have the Cleveland Browns made the playoffs after starting 7-3?

Out of the 12 times the Cleveland Browns started the season 7-3, they went on to make the playoffs 8 times, or 66.7% of the time.  <--●  NOTE 2 :  2/3 making the playoffs is skewed because in the  1960s  fewer teams made the playoffs.  NO Wild Cards, etc, were even available to those teams.

Edited by mjp28

22 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Today is a great day. The Browns are 7-3 and beat the Steelers with a game winning drive by a 5th round rookie quarterback. A defensive that is dominant and a kicker who can kick.

Oh and Myles Garrett >>>>>>>> TJ Watt. Miles is the best pass rusher in the league.

And any team foolish enough to allow a one on one against him always pays a price, seemingly at a key point in the game.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

They wanted to place the ball on the other hash for D hop. 

But they had already ran the ball and got it placed on the other hash. They could have just stayed in the huddle for the next 17 seconds and called a timeout at 3 seconds and kicked from there. Instead we run to get it on the hash and then call a timeout with 20 seconds left leading to the cluster fuck of getting that spike off after running again. Also in the scenario tomlin could have used his last timeout after the 2nd run (about 16 seconds left) and made it so we either have to kick the on 3rd down with 16 seconds left or risk running a play on 3rd and potentially having to rush the fg unit out if we get tackled in the field of play short of it first. Stef (if he called the timeout) has done a good job coaching this year, but calling your last timeout with 20 seconds left on a running clock when you're already well in field goal range is 100% the wrong call

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Why did we call TO with 20 seconds left?  Why didn't we just run it down to 3 seconds and kick the FG?   Instead of all the drama?  And another flag during the winning FG kick.  Are the refs trying to cause heart attacks?  

Was truly a headscrather as to why you just dont let the running clock go down to 3 seconds before calling your last timeout since you had just got the ball on the left hash for your kicker and you were well in range.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bbedward said:

Only Cleveland fans will bitch about one of the best coaches in the league.

Not bitchin'... Just stating what happened.. Have a Snickers!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Good evening BROWNS fans everywhere.

It's been a good day,  on to next week.       :rolleyes:

●-->   And something to shoot for !

Which AFC North football team has gone the longest since winning the division?

The Cleveland Browns have never won the AFC North. The last time the Browns won a division title was in 1989, when they won the AFC Central.  

Who is the best NFL team to miss the Playoffs?

Based on winning percentage, the 1967 Baltimore Colts had the best regular season record at 11-1-2 to not make the NFL Playoffs.

Who was the last 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs?

The most recent 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs was the 2020 Miami Dolphins, who had a 10-6 record but didn't make the playoffs.

●-->  Who was the last 11 win NFL team to miss the playoffs?

The most recent 11 win NFL team to miss the playoffs was the 2008 New England Patriots, who had a 11-5 record but didn't make the playoffs.

●-->  Who was the last 12 win NFL team to miss the playoffs?

●-->    A 12 win NFL team has never missed the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

At that moment, I could have ran through a fucking brick wall. 

FB_IMG_1700470842487.jpg

• Like 1

Watching the final drive again, I'm more impressed. I honestly didn't believe we'd be able to throw the ball, just didn't. And to be fair, we displayed ZERO ability or even willingness to try. Go watch that pass DTR had to Moore again. That thing was SICK, and that catch wasn't super easy, either. With a guy in his face, DTR threw an absolute seed to Moore, low and away so he could cradle it and go down. Our protection was good, Moore ran a perfect route, and once we got THAT pass, it was time to roll. 

Additionally, Njoku had a rough game, we know, but check out the route he ran at the end. Nothing fancy, but Kevin was sly here. Kevin had Njoku running that sideline route ALL DAY, so what do we do now? We run a "tendency breaker" and sell the same outside route, but Chief breaks it off and runs directly back to the middle. It was wide open, and an easy throw. That's the little stuff you set up the entire game, then you cash it in when you need it. I THINK we ran it previously when DTR fired that fast ball off David's hands, and we were fortunate it wasn't picked. He could have caught it, but that ball needs to be down and perfect to a wide open dude. 

Very impressed with that drive, and in awe of what the defense did all day. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Watching the final drive again, I'm more impressed. I honestly didn't believe we'd be able to throw the ball, just didn't. And to be fair, we displayed ZERO ability or even willingness to try. Go watch that pass DTR had to Moore again. That thing was SICK, and that catch wasn't super easy, either. With a guy in his face, DTR threw an absolute seed to Moore, low and away so he could cradle it and go down. Our protection was good, Moore ran a perfect route, and once we got THAT pass, it was time to roll. 

Additionally, Njoku had a rough game, we know, but check out the route he ran at the end. Nothing fancy, but Kevin was sly here. Kevin had Njoku running that sideline route ALL DAY, so what do we do now? We run a "tendency breaker" and sell the same outside route, but Chief breaks it off and runs directly back to the middle. It was wide open, and an easy throw. That's the little stuff you set up the entire game, then you cash it in when you need it. I THINK we ran it previously when DTR fired that fast ball off David's hands, and we were fortunate it wasn't picked. He could have caught it, but that ball needs to be down and perfect to a wide open dude. 

Very impressed with that drive, and in awe of what the defense did all day. 

Speaks to the players wanting to make plays, the coaches believing they'll make up for their mistakes, and the mutual trust between them. 

That jerk route where Njoku came up big at the end was the same he dropped a potential first down on the drive before. Coaches went back to it. 

Moore dropped a square in that hit him in the hands, they come back the next play and hit him on a backside tare.    Knowing your coaches believe that you can do better instills confidence and accountability.  Players tend to respond well to that. 

Was nice to see we didn't shy away from either of them when we needed a play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Who was the last 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs?

The most recent 10 win NFL team to miss the playoffs was the 2020 Miami Dolphins, who had a 10-6 record but didn't make the playoffs.

Count not your chickens before they hatch mjp.... However, as of today the Browns are in the pole position in the wildcard race at 7-3...  Why I was harping that the Steelers game was critical.   Browns (only) need to go 3-4 to get to 10 wins. (4-3 and we're in, take it to the bank) Two other teams sit at 6-4, Steelers & Texans, meaning they have to go 4-3 to get to 10. There's a bunch of clubs sitting at 5-5,  but they'll all need to go 5-2....  

It scares me a little with the upcoming game in Denver. Historically we've played like crap against the Donkeys, plus (see above) they're going to be fighting for their playoff lives. They can ill afford more than a couple losses to have any chance at playoff land. PS- that was more lousy scheduling (thanks for nothing NFL) putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend- to screw up my bucket list adventure. Worst travel day of the year.  

EDIT to my betting fan... Browns open as 1.5 point dogs to the Broncos.  

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Count not your chickens before they hatch mjp.... However, as of today the Browns are in the pole position in the wildcard race at 7-3...  Why I was harping that the Steelers game was critical.   Browns (only) need to go 3-4 to get to 10 wins. (4-3 and we're in, take it to the bank) Two other teams sit at 6-4, Steelers & Texans, meaning they have to go 4-3 to get to 10. There's a bunch of clubs sitting at 5-5,  but they'll all need to go 5-2....  

It scares me a little with the upcoming game in Denver. Historically we've played like crap against the Donkeys, plus (see above) they're going to be fighting for their playoff lives. They can ill afford more than a couple losses to have any chance at playoff land. PS- that was more lousy scheduling (thanks for nothing NFL) putting that game on Thanksgiving weekend- to screw up my bucket list adventure. Worst travel day of the year.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the division scenario pretty cut and dry after this past sunday?

If PIT beats BLT (again) and the Browns beat the Bengals, I believe that means we win the division on merit of total division wins and not going 0-2 against any team.  

23 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the division scenario pretty cut and dry after this past Sunday?

If PIT beats BLT (again) and the Browns beat the Bengals, I believe that means we win the division on merit of total division wins and not going 0-2 against any team.  

A lot of iffs there tia... that would be way cool should the Browns host a playoff game in like forever.  

Not exactly, the Steelers would have to lose to the Bengals once, and\ or the Browns have a better record than the Steelers.  Otherwise, we both end up at 4-2 in the Division, then it gets complicated.  

Don't get me started on the complexity of a three way tie with the same records.  :)  

I've been wondering where in the hell I saw that formation from previously with the HB on the swing as the cheese and the backside pin and pull.    I kept wracking my brain over QB's that had designed mobility.   Then I remember the Panthers were VERY big on this formation because they had both Jeremy Shockey and Greg Olsen at the time.

At the 2:57 mark.

Very first play from the Brownies.

Whoever is digging deep during the week, likely the assistants behind the scenes that help dig for information and run it to the coaches... bravo.   That's really pouring over personnel and trying to find ways to directly get DTR's legs involved.  Because I don't think anybody in the higher coaching staff has ties to Carolina around that era.