THE BROWNS BOARD

T.Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 11 -  PIT 10 (+1) -at- ★ CLE 13  Game #10 🏈  Nov. 19★ "7-3"

Dutch Oven

On 11/19/2023 at 1:45 PM, bbedward said:

Anyone calling for stefanski to be fired should be evaluated for head trauma.

I hope DTR matures quickly, but the lack of throwing downfield when the Steelers were pressing hard for multiple drives in a row is questionable. Lost confidence after his first go, misreading the defense, who knows.

I think Denver is a better confidence booster for the young QB, but they will be bringing in Flacco probably who may be our guy the rest of the way for the playoff push. 

when we make the playoffs he should be coach of the year.

• Like 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, bbedward said:

They should have fired Tomlin and promoted Canada to HC 

most of the toothless hillbilly inbreed fans of Squeeler City don't deserve a Mike Tomlin as their head coach. 😇

Who the hell is QB coach 'Mike Sullivan has been promoted to OC'

Who f'n cares? Keep roll'in Pickett out there 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Replay of the game is on Thanksgiving night 8:30 pm Easter Time on Direct TV NFL Network (212).

Anyone else find themselves watching that 12 minute youtube game highlights video over and over again?   There's nothing quite like a victory over the Steelers.  -  asking for a friend  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Anyone else find themselves watching that 12 minute youtube game highlights video over and over again?   There's nothing quite like a victory over the Steelers.  -  asking for a friend  :)

Guilty, I also watched the highlights against the Ratbirds too.

• Like 1

I'd like to bring up the safety that we got.....but didn't got.  Is there anyone, in a booth, assigned to watch the TV broadcast, so as to alert the coaches of a potential replay overturn?  I mean, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV, "That was a safety!!".   Why didn't we get it reviewed?  Why didn't we at least call TO to give more time?  I mean, when you've got an offense backed up like that, isn't your goal to attack, to get the points for the scoreboard? 

To me, scoreboard points is a worthwhile use of a challenge flag...successful or not.

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

'd like to bring up the safety that we got

thought you were gonna say this 

The Browns have beefed up their safety room with an 11-year veteran who has more Super Bowl experience than anyone on the roster.

Cleveland signed safety Duron Harmon to their practice squad Wednesday, a move that was likely made as a result of the Browns losing safety Rodney McLeod for the rest of the season due to a biceps injury suffered last Sunday against the Steelers.

Harmon has appeared in an impressive four Super Bowl across his career — all of which were with the Patriots — and has four career interceptions in the postseason. He’s the second player with Super Bowl experience the Browns have added to their practice squad this week following their signing of quarterback Joe Flacco, the MVP of Super Bowl XLVII.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd like to bring up the safety that we got.....but didn't got.  Is there anyone, in a booth, assigned to watch the TV broadcast, so as to alert the coaches of a potential replay overturn?  I mean, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one screaming at the TV, "That was a safety!!".   Why didn't we get it reviewed?  Why didn't we at least call TO to give more time?  I mean, when you've got an offense backed up like that, isn't your goal to attack, to get the points for the scoreboard? 

To me, scoreboard points is a worthwhile use of a challenge flag...successful or not.

I hear ya! It actually looked like they got a Safety on back to back plays. 

Hard to believe that all turned out to be more of a blessing for the Browns than the Steelers.  Backing them up so far like that (to punt out of their end zone) led to the ideal field position for the Browns only TD scoring drive of the game.  That 7 points on a short field seemed far more helpful than the 2 points would have been.  It's easy to lose sight of the reality that you're not going to have LONGER sustained TD scoring drives with 2 backup tackles facing Watt and Highsmith - which was also rationale for the frequent shorter/quicker passes. Not only that, but Pitts' DL with Cam Heyward and rookie Keaannu Benton were shutting down the Browns running game so much so that it didn't even matter they had to go with 2 backup ILBs.  Those LBer injuries were dangled all week like a bear trap.  

Let's hope Dawand Jones is ready for more action this week.  

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:29 PM, syd said:

not mentioned is McCloud is gone for the year

This REALLY hurts. Yes, I know he and Newsome were responsible for that atrocious Warren TD, but Mcloud is a leader and beloved in the locker room. Thornhill is tracking to play, but you just can't be certain with those soft tissue injuries. 

We've been unlucky offensively with injuries, but mostly very lucky on defense. Needs to stay that way if we're going to keep winning ugly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Orion said:

I'd like to bring up the safety that we got.....but didn't got.  

If the 1st one wasn't a safety? The 2nd one dam surely looks like one 🧐

I got over it... when they say Hunt broke the plane for a TD..

Been all over the all 22/TV but, still can't find a angle of TD ?

I'll Take the 6 for giving them their 2  !   :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gumby73 said:

If the 1st one wasn't a safety? The 2nd one dam surely looks like one 🧐

Been all over the all 22/TV but, still can't find a angle of TD ?

I'll Take the 6 for giving them their 2  !   :)

The official talking with the commentators to us viewers said it was a Safety.  Not getting the Safety, set up the ideal field position needed for the short field TD drive.  The rest of the game showed us we weren't going to drive it any further than that for a TD.   Like I said earlier and you alluded to in bold above, ending up with 7 points instead of 2 from the whole chain of events was the blessing the Browns needed to win the game.

Not saying this is you Gumbs; but some people often confuse breaking the plane with crossing over and passing it. All he had to do was touch the front border of that goal line for the TD. The best view I had was on the actual play itself; because I could see what arm he had the ball in.  I don't know if it was more wishful thinking or actually knowing where the ball was (which arm it was in) before a body part hit the ground.  The adrenaline of it all put my brains and powers of reasoning in park. Having said that, I think the replay officials used the same criteria. 

On 11/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, gumby73 said:

...was Ford.  

Obviously the dynamic of the game changes with those 2 points.  They punt from the 20.  Even if we were able to drive down and score, later in the game the Steelers would play differently based on those 2 points.  But the point is, we didn't react to an opportunity to reverse a call involving points.