THE BROWNS BOARD

● Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26.  "L"

Dutch Oven

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Unfortunately, this is where we are as a society. There can be a piece of videographic evidence that tells the truth but people will bend and shape reality to their liking. I been arguing with people about whether the hit on DTR was clean or not, the video speaks for itself. You can see DTR's helmet clearly move as he is contacted by the defender and his chin strap moving up into his mouth from the defenders helmet, probably what caused his bloody lip. It's in the rule book "forcible contact to the head/neck area" But there are always people out there that just deny everything if it's something they don't like. I bet there's even people on here that will defend that hit. I just wanna know why year in and year out our opponents rough up our players like this and nothing ever gets done about it. I saw Fitzpatrick didn't play in our game against the Steelers, I bet everyone's knees were safe that day😏

It is the shoulder that hit his jaw. With the tackler not pointing his helmet, that is a tough case to make.....however, if it was Mahomo, then yes, a flag.would have been thrown.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Neo said:

In regards to DTR, he has made significant strides between his starts. His effort against the Broncos was a good one maybe even a winning effort if it wasn't for the injury. It was a 5 point game when he left, still within striking distance. He had two TD's dropped. But people are critisizing DTR. Some stupid people floating around this board....

Tom Brady only threw 3 passes as an NFL rookie and he only completed 1 of them for 6 yards.  Let's pretend for a second he did that here as a Cleveland Brown prior to hindsight 20/20, the same type of cynics would have been here rooting against him so they could post their "I told you he'd suck" stuff.  

Sometimes a team has to protect a rookie QB like not letting him start too early on as a rookie (Ie: Tom Brady, Steve McNair, Patrick Mahomes).  Mahomes might have started 1 game or 2 after KC clinched a playoff spot early when Alex Smith was starting. There's a lot to learn; and a very 1st start against a team like Baltimore leading the NFL in sacks at the time can be overwhelming.  The next time DTR started was against Pitt when we had our 3rd string RT and our 2nd string left tackle filling in as starters.  The plan was quicker/shorter passes to keep TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith from getting to him as much as that was possible.  Then people fussed about that game plan which actually BEAT Pittsburgh this time. Keep in mind, DTR is a 5th round pick which was supposed to be watching Watson starting all year.  Cincy has the same thing happening with a very inexperienced Browning starting at QB since Burrow went on IR.

Hopefully we'll find a groove with whoever we have to go with at QB.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Tom Brady only threw 3 passes as an NFL rookie and he only completed 1 of them for 6 yards.  Let's pretend for a second he did that here as a Cleveland Brown prior to hindsight 20/20, the same type of cynics would have been here rooting against him so they could post their "I told you he'd suck" stuff.  

Sometimes a team has to protect a rookie QB like not letting him start too early on as a rookie (Ie: Tom Brady, Steve McNair, Patrick Mahomes).  Mahomes might have started 1 game or 2 after KC clinched a playoff spot early when Alex Smith was starting. There's a lot to learn; and a very 1st start against a team like Baltimore leading the NFL in sacks at the time can be overwhelming.  The next time DTR started was against Pitt when we had our 3rd string RT and our 2nd string left tackle filling in as starters.  The plan was quicker/shorter passes to keep TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith from getting to him as much as that was possible.  Then people fussed about that game plan which actually BEAT Pittsburgh this time. Keep in mind, DTR is a 5th round pick which was supposed to be watching Watson starting all year.  Cincy has the same thing happening with a very inexperienced Browning starting at QB since Burrow went on IR.

Hopefully we'll find a groove with whoever we have to go with at QB.  

I saw the look of death in Flaccos eyes during the second half.. Almost like buyers remorse...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

I saw the look of death in Flaccos eyes during the second half.. Almost like buyers remorse...

That could have just been his reaction to watching PJ play QB.  We all had the look of where can I bury the memories of this game fast as hell.  I think Joe Flacco-Seagulls is going to be just what the doctor ordered for us.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That could have just been his reaction to watching PJ play QB.  We all had the look of where can I bury the memories of this game fast as hell.  I think Joe Flacco-Seagulls is going to be just what the doctor ordered for us.  

Joe has a lot of experience watching garbage QBs take snaps for the browns.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah , I like Joe's skill set despite the fact he's not what you call 'mobile' And him being a fellow Dago like myself doesn't hurt lol... Although the last Dago we had "Vinneh the Ninneh' was  torture.. He had an uncanny way of throwing it to the wrong colored jersey.. only to find out he was fucking medically color blind.. GAH!!!

• Haha 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ● Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26.  "L"