THE BROWNS BOARD

โ— Official ๐Ÿˆย  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 โ— What a letdown โ— Nov. 26. ย "L"

Dutch Oven

7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

What knucklehead said that?

Is this just a bad dream or something ???ย  ย :o

Screenshot_2023-11-26_191225.jpg

Edited by mjp28
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

We're in 3rd place.

In pretty much our best year ever. Feels a bit deflating, but we'll be feeling better next week. We got this.ย 

Super frustrating game as there was nothing to like for me. I hated the offensive play calling, the game day management strategy, the defensive effort as a whole and to top it off, it's fucking Denver..... yet again.

Maybe we'll all look back at today as a needed amputation to save the body... meaning that if the coaching staff had any false inkling that DTR could take the team to the playoffs, then they now know that is impossible and will have to go to plan Flacco next week.

^ I'm not saying Joe can do it, but I am saying that the other 2 dudes at QB can not.ย 

• Thanks 1

Fumble at the worst time turned this from a manageable game to having to sling the rock to dig out.ย ย 

ย This is the time of the year that teams get locked in, with the taste of the playoffs being a reality.ย  The games end up being a little faster, hitting a little harder, grinding more focused throughout the week.ย  ย  And 2 of the next 4 AFC games are against squads fighting for every inch to make that wildcard dream come true.ย ย ย 

ย 

So, more than anything, you need a healthy squad walking into December.ย  ย 

The Browns are the opposite of a healthy squad.ย  ย  Really and truly going to come down to the last 2 weeks.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

After today, it sure seems so.

But he might be out for a bit.ย 

Anybody that doesn't think DTR isn't improving is high. He looked worse that DeShone Kizer against the Ravens. Led a winning drive against Pittsburgh, and threw his first touchdown pass this game. How is that not improvement? Don't see how that player that laid that hit on DTR to knock him out of the game doesn't get fined. How can DTR have a bloody lip and a concussion and that not be a dirty hit?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Anybody that doesn't think DTR isn't improving is high. He looked worse that DeShone Kizer against the Ravens. Led a winning drive against Pittsburgh, and threw his first touchdown pass this game. How is that not improvement?ย 

Because they are holding out hope that Joe Flacco is going to save the day, that's how one doesn't see improvement.

Flaccohopium.ย 

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Super frustrating game as there was nothing to like for me. I hated the offensive play calling, the game day management strategy, the defensive effort as a whole and to top it off, it's fucking Denver..... yet again.

Maybe we'll all look back at today as a needed amputation to save the body... meaning that if the coaching staff had any false inkling that DTR could take the team to the playoffs, then they now know that is impossible and will have to go to plan Flacco next week.

^ I'm not saying Joe can do it, but I am saying that the other 2 dudes at QB can not.ย 

FWIW, it didn't look like DTR got much help although he brought the score to within 5 points before PJ came in and handed out turnovers and points right and left.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Anybody that doesn't think DTR isn't improving is high. He looked worse that DeShone Kizer against the Ravens. Led a winning drive against Pittsburgh, and threw his first touchdown pass this game. How is that not improvement? Don't see how that player that laid that hit on DTR to knock him out of the game doesn't get fined. How can DTR have a bloody lip and a concussion and that not be a dirty hit?

Keep dreaming. Stats like these lose games!

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG ย 
14/29 134 4.6 1 0 0-0 73.1

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thank you!ย  People want to think the only problem is DTR to the extent they were excited to see FREAKIN PJ Walker again?ย ย 

BYW, Sean Payton was right - that Hackett guy that used to Coach Denver is the one in charge of the train wreck of an offense for the NY Jets.ย ย 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Is this just a bad dream or something ???ย  ย :o

Screenshot_2023-11-26_191225.jpg

The firstย ย everย  29 - 12ย  score in NFLย  history, per ESPN now how about that !

So we saw a little bit of history tonight on FOX TV besides a real bad second half of football.ย  ย 

Good night everyone.

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thank you!ย  People want to think the only problem is DTR to the extent they were excited to see FREAKIN PJ Walker again?ย ย 

BYW, Sean Payton was right - that Hackett guy that used to Coach Denver is the one in charge of the train wreck of an offense for the NY Jets.ย ย 

How about neither, or we say buh bye to the play-offs!

9 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Keep dreaming. Stats like these lose games!

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS RTG ย 
14/29 134 4.6 1 0 0-0 73.1

The stat line doesn't take into account 8 dropped catches, 80 lost yards, and a two point conversion that came off the board.ย 

DTR's shouldn't be the scapegoat here. Depodesta ought to be on the fucking hotseat for the situation the Browns are in.ย 

3 minutes ago, Flugel said:

More dropped passes, one TD dropped by Cooper. This game could look very different. This is why the Browns can't have nice things. DTR looked awful in his first start, showed some clutch last week, and is now expected to be CJ Stroud this week. I think it's safe to say DTR has better wheels than Flacco and look what happened to him. I'm sure a 38 year old pocket passer who just got here a few days ago will do much better.

7 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The stat line doesn't take into account 8 dropped catches, 80 lost yards, and a two point conversion that came off the board.ย 

DTR's shouldn't be the scapegoat here. Depodesta ought to be on the fucking hotseat for the situation the Browns are in.ย 

People still arguing that DTR is servicable are on some serious shit. Neither of our active QBs are anywhere near NFL starter caliber. It was predicabele, and it showed!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because they are holding out hope that Joe Flacco is going to save the day, that's how one doesn't see improvement.

Flaccohopium.ย 

We donโ€™t have much hope even with Joe, but they stacked the fuck out of the box with DTR and we still couldnโ€™t make it happen. One of the worst run Ds in the nfl sold out in the run all gameย 

maybe Flacco could at least keep the defense honestย 

4 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

People still arguing that DTR is servicable are on some serious shit. Neither of our active QBs are anywhere near NFL starter caliber. It was predicabele, and it showed!

ย I actually saw improvement in the 2nd half. And was hopeful for a V

• Upvote 1