THE BROWNS BOARD

● Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26.  "L"

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

We don’t have much hope even with Joe, but they stacked the fuck out of the box with DTR and we still couldn’t make it happen. One of the worst run Ds in the nfl sold out in the run all game 

maybe Flacco could at least keep the defense honest 

We could be seeing this sooner than later. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Eagles and Bills going to OT, tied at 31. 

That an amazing  FG  kick in the slight rain.  Whoa.

While we all piss, moan, argue and literally feel the loss down to our guts, somewhere Watson is a few days out of surgery, meaning that the therapists are starting to pay visits all while his guaranteed monthly deposits keep on piling up.

^ That should make everyone feel better. 

Still too soon? 

Bad loss but things really went south after DTR was knocked out of the game. After a rough start he really picked things up, defense was a let down allowing one of the worst run teams to run all over us. Looks like Flacco may start next week but the main problem is our rapidly growing injury list. Heard Myles is in a sling and Coop has a rib injury thankfully not fractured on X-ray.

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Flacco won’t hold the ball like Walker or DTR

I don't disagree, but here is what confuses me. If Flacco and several other accomplished vets are willing to step in and play now. 

With all dure respect to the two alphabet kids, with some proven vets sitting out with no job, why do you not tie one of them up at the beginning of the season?

Am I to understand that management really felt solid with these two kids as backups?

Surely the inference here is that these vets wouldn't accept a back up role in week 1 preseason, but in week 12 they prefer a tempoary position as starter?

What am I missing here?

I am fine with management choosing 2 young kids and not a vet. However, abandoning these 2 choices so quickly to sign Flacco would seem to indicate that management fucked up.

This is the kind of shit that seems to be S O P with the Browns.

It is frustrating to see our team so close, but as always, not rising to the top because of shit that could've and should've been nailed down.

• Upvote 2

I just got back from the game. I haven't seen the Browns in person since I moved to Colorado four years ago, great to see them in person! Denver has lots of transplants and fairweather fans, there were Browns jerseys everywhere.

Sad outcome though, DTR looked great one or two drives but still misses too many throws, drops all over the place, Kev with some moron play calling.

I know DTR is doing his best, but Flacco is most likely going to get a start once he knows the playbook?

20231126_135231.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I don't disagree, but here is what confuses me. If Flacco and several other accomplished vets are willing to step in and play now. 

With all dure respect to the two alphabet kids, with some proven vets sitting out with no job, why do you not tie one of them up at the beginning of the season?

Am I to understand that management really felt solid with these two kids as backups?

Surely the inference here is that these vets wouldn't accept a back up role in week 1 preseason, but in week 12 they prefer a tempoary position as starter?

What am I missing here?

I am fine with management choosing 2 young kids and not a vet. However, abandoning these 2 choices so quickly to sign Flacco would seem to indicate that management fucked up.

It is frustrating to see our team so close, but as always, not rising to the top because of shit that could've and should've been nailed down.

Because the rooks are cheap 

25 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

What am I missing here?

The FO:

1) didn’t expect Watson to get a season ending injury

2) though DTR was a real first round QB after his preseason performance 

They were wrong on both, and only scooped up Flacco after there were no better options.

I’d be interested in seeing the tape analysis, but in real time while drinking beers it seemed like DTR was still lost. Yea his receivers had drops, but the broncos did the Steelers strategy of heavy pressure and stacking the flats and spying the middle.

you're telling me cooper and Moore and the others can’t get open more than 10 yards downfield?

Stefanski should have ran more, but it is hard to blame him when they are stacking the box. His criticism will be the 5.3 YPC the browns had despite that, valid? Maybe. 

No need to be down, Flacco has the chance to bring us one of the greatest memes of all time, beating the ravens in the playoffs while wearing a browns uniform. Hopefully it happens at browns stadium, but for the memes it’s definitely better in Baltimore.

And I’m sure teams will at least respect the threat Flacco brings as a passer, the old man is not afraid to throw it deep. He may not complete it, but he usually doesn’t put it in a place where it results in a turnover either.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Coop has a rib injury thankfully not fractured on X-ray.

That's good news.  A bad ending for a bad day for Coop.  How many passes did he drop? (one cost us 2 points)   How many did Njoku drop?  How many did Moore drop?  Ford dropped at least one.  

I was wondering when Harrison Bryant was going to get around to fumbling a snap.

I was wondering when we were going to fumble one of those multi handoff / toss plays.

#91 Wright....he obviously can't follow a horizontal line across the field so as to line up on the DEFENSIVE side of it.  Myles' arm was useless in the 2nd half...which pretty much nullified him. 

And the defense missed Ward badly.  Newsome was nowhere near his receiver for most of the game. (his pass interference penalty was a bad call however...that play should've led to a punt instead of a TD)

We didn't do a great job against the run today....again.  And we didn't put enough effort into running the ball against the worst run D in the league.  I understand that we were behind on the scoreboard...and that they were keying on the run...but the run was our advantage...not our QB's passing prowess.  

It's awfully hard to win with the kind of QB play we've been getting.  If that doesn't change, this could be the beginning of the end.

• Upvote 1

Garrett said after Sunday's 29-12 loss to Denver that he felt something pop in his left shoulder during the game, Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/browns-myles-garrett-set-for-scans-on-injured-shoulder/

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Thank you!  People want to think the only problem is DTR to the extent they were excited to see FREAKIN PJ Walker again?  

BYW, Sean Payton was right - that Hackett guy that used to Coach Denver is the one in charge of the train wreck of an offense for the NY Jets.  

When you want to turn a close loss into a rout... Put in Walker.  The ghost of Ernest Byner lives in Denver... How many lost fumbles?

Browns needed to play error free ball to win, nowhere close.  Too bad because JOK had a monster game.    

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

When you want to turn a close loss into a rout... Put in Walker.  The ghost of Ernest Byner lives in Denver... How many lost fumbles?

Browns needed to play error free ball to win, nowhere close.  Too bad because JOK had a monster game.    

I have no idea how a walker led team got us wins this year, my god he is so ass.

• Upvote 1

And DTR was less than 50%… again. Don’t recall anything completed past 15 air yards. Some pathetic Njoku drops again, but this game looked lost long before Walker came in to seal the deal.

The corpse of Joe Flacco is our only hope, DTR is a better option as a QB2 to potentially not lose us games in a pinch.

5 hours ago, bbedward said:

The FO:

1) didn’t expect Watson to get a season ending injury

2) though DTR was a real first round QB after his preseason performance 

They were wrong on both, and only scooped up Flacco after there were no better options.

Ah yes, preseason. Even an imbecile knows this means nothing

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

And DTR was less than 50%… again. Don’t recall anything completed past 15 air yards. Some pathetic Njoku drops again, but this game looked lost long before Walker came in to seal the deal.

The corpse of Joe Flacco is our only hope, DTR is a better option as a QB2 to potentially not lose us games in a pinch.

The score was 17-12 when DTR got knocked out, not sure how "the game looked lost long before that"...

But Flacco coming in to start almost seems like a given, unless they want to roll with Walker vs the Rams and give Flacco one more week to get up to speed?

40 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

But Flacco coming in to start almost seems like a given, unless they want to roll with Walker vs the Rams and give Flacco one more week to get up to speed?

We have to come back from the west coast 8-4.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The score was 17-12 when DTR got knocked out, not sure how "the game looked lost long before that"...

I mean the way it was going, didn’t look like the team was going to win that game. Dtr was  still rocking a sub-50% completion percentage on 30 attempts.

I’d be happy if walker never played another snap for the browns again.