THE BROWNS BOARD

● Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26.  "L"

Dutch Oven

The Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE (+ 1½) -at- DEN,  Cle Game #11  🏈  Nov. 26.  O/U 37½

It's been well over 30 years since the Browns vs Broncos trio of AFC Championships, but I still get a visceral reaction to the Browns playing in Denver. 

That '87 Championship Game wrecked me. 

■  Well it was sure a big letdown alright  but not like the  1987 major melt down  enough said there.  I don't even remember the score,  enough said there too .....    :o

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's been well over 30 years since the Browns vs Broncos trio of AFC Championships, but I still get a visceral reaction to the Browns playing in Denver. 

That '87 Championship Game wrecked me. 

Well get ready for deja vu all over again or become truly delusional as in......................🙃

9 hours ago, bbedward said:

Browns 72

broncos 20

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm hungover and still pissed.      Russel Wilson is a bi-racial angel, but rip his fucking head off.  

That's all I've got for right now.  

The game yesterday pretty much played out how I expected.

Ohio State has to do better on both their lines, in recruiting and in training/preparation. 

• mjp28 changed the title to The Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE (+ 1½) -at- DEN,  Cle Game #11  🏈  Nov. 26. 
  • mjp28 pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, bbedward said:

If the Steelers lose to another backup QB the tears of Pittsburgh fans will solve the global water crisis, and I’m all about it.

There is no water crisis... All the Water that is here.. has always been here.. Water eventually reconstitutes itself... Water crises are created.. All the water that has been here.. Will remain here until the planet dies..

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Early game here local is Pittsburgh vs Cincinnati

The numbers on that game are  PIT (+2½)-at- CIN.  The Over is 36½   if you are interested from CBS Sports.

And we  BROWNS  fans are probably rooting for the   ▪︎ Cincinnati Ben-gals ▪︎   on the early game ..... until the   main event    at 4:05 pm our Cleveland  BROWNS  -at-  the  Denver Broncos  to follow.

GO BROWNS !

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The numbers on that game are  PIT (+2½)  -at- CIN.  The Over is 36½  if you are interested from CBS Sports.

And we  BROWNS  fans are probably rooting for the   ▪︎ Cincinnati Ben-gals ▪︎   on the early game ..... until the   main event    at 4:05 pm our Cleveland  BROWNS  -at-  the  Denver Broncos  to follow.

GO BROWNS !

Absolutely rooting for the Bengals. 

If they win and the Browns win today, we'd be up a full two games on both teams. 

10 minutes ago, nickers said:

There is no water crisis... All the Water that is here.. has always been here.. Water eventually reconstitutes itself... Water crises are created.. All the water that has been here.. Will remain here until the planet dies..

Well yea, humans (in the US at least) just migrate by the millions to the desert which strains the water table. And freshwater becomes salinated. Not sure how salty stooler tears are, so maybe they won’t help the water problems much.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The game yesterday pretty much played out how I expected.

Ohio State has to do better on both their lines, in recruiting and in training/preparation. 

I don’t know if it is that easy.  Our HC did a Georgia Part 2 before the half…and is far too passive in these games. We couldn’t execute a simple game plan when we needed to- we’ve thrown wrinkles at them for decades and executed better.

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t know if it is that easy.  Our HC did a Georgia Part 2 before the half…and is far too passive in these games. We couldn’t execute a simple game plan when we needed to- we’ve thrown wrinkles at them for decades and executed better.

Good point, and I have my doubts on how long he remains in Columbus. 

I also have doubts how long TTUN is this good, too. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, syd said:

Luke Fickell damnit. also what ties did day have to columbus ?  dude looks like a wet rat

Day was Urban's OC.

Mike Vrabel for Ohio State head coach is going to get a lot of run, IMO. 

I guarantee no one would call a Mike Vrabel OSU team "soft". 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Day was Urban's OC.

Mike Vrabel for Ohio State head coach is going to get a lot of run, IMO. 

I guarantee no one would call a Mike Vrabel OSU team "soft". 

but beyond that ? I mean he has no tie's to the school right ?

4 minutes ago, syd said:

but beyond that ? I mean he has no tie's to the school right ?

No, he played football at New Hampshire, then moved his way up the coaching ladder at places like Temple and Boston College.

I'm not ready to fire the guy, but they need to reconsider how they recruit, especially along the lines. 

I have a feeling things are going to get real interesting for that team up north in the next three to five months, too. We'll see. 

If I’m firing him I’d have something better in mind.  He’s done a decent job in some aspects. 

Does Fickle or Vrable move the needle from a recruiting, player development, assembling a great staff to in game decision maker.  Is there anyone else?  And think big because I think we could poach a top coach from a great program. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Good point, and I have my doubts on how long he remains in Columbus. 

I also have doubts how long TTUN is this good, too. 

If they can’t deny these allegations …at the very least the last three years should be erased…the coach should be let go and their should be some punitive damage for next season…scholarship losses and playoff ban. 

having said that, I was impressed how well Michigan executed yesterday and How poorly we executed at times…and we had an interim coach out coach our guy….unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

If I’m firing him I’d have something better in mind.  He’s done a decent job in some aspects. 

Does Fickle or Vrable move the needle from a recruiting, player development, assembling a great staff to in game decision maker.  Is there anyone else?  And think big because I think we could poach a top coach from a great program. 

I have a hard time believing just about anyone comes in and recruits better than Day.

But John Cooper was a very good recruiter too. 

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

If they can’t deny these allegations …at the very least the last three years should be erased…the coach should be let go and their should be some punitive damage for next season…scholarship losses and playoff ban. 

They can't.

having said that, I was impressed how well Michigan executed yesterday and How poorly we executed at times…and we had an interim coach out coach our guy….unacceptable.

I agree. They won with virtual no big "chunk" plays. Ohio State's defense eliminated the big plays that killed them last season, but couldn't get them off the field. The defense has a lot of good, solid players, but lack the superstars (especially at DE like the Bosa brothers and Chase Young) to make the big, momentum-changing play. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes.  From Zach Harrison to Sawyer to JTT…these aren’t generational talent guys and may require some scheming up but the interior guys are very talented and have seemingly developed and ascended their recruiting statuses.  We apparently added two blue chip front four guys this recruiting cycle. 

I had more expectations for a guy like Sonny Styles to be placed in spots and used as a big play guy - and I still think this happens soon. 

I can’t honestly say our recruiting has suffered other than a few misses on the offensive line.

As long as Jim Schwartz is locked up by the Browns from all other coaching jobs  😁   All's Good !

Browns Inactive Report

• WR Marquise Goodwin
  • LB Anthony Walker Jr.
  • CB Denzel Ward
  • OL Luke Wypler
  • DE Isaiah McGuire
  • DT Siaki Ika
  • OL Leroy Watson IV

The biggest news is that safety Juan Thornhill is active while Walker is inactive.

Broncos Inactive Report

• S JL Skinner
  • RB Dwayne Washington
  • OLB Ronnie Perkins
  • OLB Thomas Incoom
  • OL Alex Forsyth
  • DE Alijah Garcia

Washington was questionable due to illness which popped up on Friday.

reference..

WLB 6 Owusu-Koramoah, Jeremiah 21/2 40 Adams, Matthew U/Chi 51 Kunaszyk, Jordan SF22        
MLB     44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3 42 Fields II, Tony 21/5 43 Diabate, Mohamoud CF23    
LCB     28 Ford, Mike U/Atl 38 Green III, A.J. CF20        
SS 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 37 Bell, D'Anthony CF22            
FS 1 Thornhill, Juan U/KC 33 Hickman, Ronnie CF23 48 McCalister, Tanner CF23        
RCB 23 Emerson Jr., Martin 22/3 25 Hailassie, Kahlef W/KC            
NB 00 Newsome II, Greg 21/1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Absolutely rooting for the Bengals. 

If they win and the Browns win today, we'd be up a full two games on both teams. 

PIT 16   CIN 7  with 2:40 left to go.   Boswell just hit a FG.   

Barring some miracle this one's over.    Now 16-10.   One score game now.   On side kick coming.