THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)    🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

Dutch Oven

23 minutes ago, syd said:

dude has a bum shoulder.seriously you want him gone for the rest of the year ?

I didnt say that??  Quotin someone else.  I agree tho..he should try to tackle him.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

underestimated Bears coming to play.. passing underneath is as tight as a mosh pit..

Hands went to face when Kev called timeout (me didn't need to post it)

Bears losing Jenkins equals Dunn holding up at LG..

get ready for a nail bitter that this browns offense needs to find a way..

Get it Done Browns !

Dunn is usually way better than he played today.  I'll cut him some slack for the way he stepped up vrs SF earlier this year.  Gumbs I had a feeling the Bears would give us all we could handle given how much of our salary cap is on IR.

To quote the lyrics: "There's something happening here. What is is ain't exactly clear...."

My goodness, what a game to be at. 

Winning ugly always beats losing pretty, and good dog, that was ugly. Almost as ugly as the weather was, I should warm up by Thursday. 

It seemed like the refs made some interesting calls today. 

I may or may not have threatened to shove some obnoxious Bears fan's moonshine bottle he smuggled in up his ass.

Good times! :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Winning ugly always beats losing pretty, and good dog, that was ugly. Almost as ugly as the weather was, I should warm up by Thursday. 

I may or may not have threatened to shove some obnoxious Bear's moonshine bottle he smuggled in up his ass.

hell ya dawg,,, keep going to the games, well um one home game left,bring us luck

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I may or may not have threatened to shove some obnoxious Bears fan's moonshine bottle he smuggled in up his ass.

well you didnt miss much around here, same ole same ole nickers wasnt wearing his helmet again

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Dunn is usually way better than he played today.  I'll cut him some slack for the way he stepped up vrs SF earlier this year.  Gumbs I had a feeling the Bears would give us all we could handle given how much of our salary cap is on IR.

To quote the lyrics: "There's something happening here. What is is ain't exactly clear...."

It changes a lot when both the guys next to you are also second and third stringers. Dunn is a solid backup, but when you have your main center and tackle out it’s tougher.

• Upvote 1

Akron Journal

“My back's messed up,” Bitonio said. “I don't know exactly what happened, but not feeling good.

“Obviously, I want to be on the field with the guys, but I couldn't today. But they kept fighting, and they found a way, which is awesome.”

“I was going to walk back to the treatment room, and then everybody surrounded me, so it's not the best timing for me [to do an interview],” Bitonio said. “I just can't move right now, but we'll see how it goes this week.”

Bitonio remained on the sideline for the rest of the game.

"With a back injury, you kind of want to move the most you can anyway, so I was just trying to keep it moving, and I was one of the eight guys they dressed up for the game, so who knows what happens in a football game?" Bitonio said. "So I was just trying to fight until I couldn't anymore.”

"It's a testament to the culture of our offensive line," Dunn told the Beacon Journal. "You look at how many guys have played throughout the season, and nobody looks at themselves as a backup. Everybody just views themselves as a starter. We're going to prepare like a starter.

"Obviously, in the position like I was in, I hope my number's not called because I don't want whatever happened to Joel to happen. But we just treat the week as if we are playing."

Dunn revealed Bitonio offered him advice and observations about the Bears defense throughout the final three quarters-plus.

"Joel was there the entire time," Dunn said. "You could tell he was super frustrated that he was out, but every time I got off the field, he was talking to me and just letting me know how things are going. Just to have a guy like that, it helps so much."

"Dunn is an absolute dog," Teller said. "He's a winner. When he plays, we win. He knows his role, and he plays it well. He stays ready to play. Guys who aren't the starters are still leaders, and that's a special thing to have in the room."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A ComeBack victory.  It's just something that we haven't been able to do for a couple of decades.  

Njoku was great.  He deserves the game ball and gave a great little speech!   - Just a stunning victory.  I'll be watching the highlights multiple times.  :)  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You weren’t one of the half dozen or so people we saw with their shirt off when the cameras panned the stands?  

There were a couple questionable holding penalties on us.  They got the Fields 4th and 1 spot right - I thought the side judge would screw that up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

You weren’t one of the half dozen or so people we saw with their shirt off when the cameras panned the stands?  

There were a couple questionable holding penalties on us.  They got the Fields 4th and 1 spot right - I thought the side judge would screw that up. 

There wasn't a chance I was taking any articles of clothing off 😂

Twas chilly.

Man, with Joe Flacco you can see the calmness and pocket presence. He just doesnt' get rattled. I loved the replay where they showed his eyes on the dropback, just scanning the field. And that pass and anticipation throw to Cooper was just sick. He's developing a good rapport with Njoku, and I think that is just boosting Njoku confidence. Was a great pickup by the Browns to grab Joe. MG does have legitimate complaints, seen the 1 play, was clearly wrapped around the neck and wasnt called. Regardless, Hopkins is the real thing and nice to finally have consistency at the Kicker. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, blitzz2 said:

Man, with Joe Flacco you can see the calmness and pocket presence. He just doesnt' get rattled. I loved the replay where they showed his eyes on the dropback, just scanning the field. And that pass and anticipation throw to Cooper was just sick. He's developing a good rapport with Njoku, and I think that is just boosting Njoku confidence. Was a great pickup by the Browns to grab Joe. MG does have legitimate complaints, seen the 1 play, was clearly wrapped around the neck and wasnt called. Regardless, Hopkins is the real thing and nice to finally have consistency at the Kicker. 

They don’t call holds against the browns ever, I’d be more fine with that if they didn’t call much less egregious holds against our offense repeatedly.

Joey Flacco is really playing like he did in his prime ravens years…the tight windows, downfield throws, picks, 4th quarter insurgence were all common occurrences in his career. The exception being the 2012 postseason where he went 11-0 TD-INT ratio. I really thought we’d see the check down happy feet Joe, but that guy is back to his loose gunslinger ways.

The pass to cooper is an all-time throw, doesn’t get any better than that but I’m sure the coaches were gasping as soon as he let it go. 

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

■■■ -->   Dutch is at this game !    You lucky dawg !     He's got to be lovin' this !!!!!   

Se below, me too. :) We're going to lose for sure- until we didn't.     

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This team is the Kardiac Kids in all phases of the game.. offense, defense, special teams, coaches!!💓💓💓💓

Tex, though you probably weren't following the Kardiac Kids back then- BUT I'll put in my request right now.. Shades of the Kids, keep wearing the orange pants for the rest of the year home and away.  I don't care if Doug Dieken hated them, I love 'em.  :)  

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

Towards the end, the Browns had guys playing O-line I didn't even know were on the roster... And as was said, that was the Buffalo Springfield "For what it's worth".  speaking of Buffalo... No comprendo how them damn Bungles are now the #6 seed, unless they beat BOTH Buffalo and the Texans.  🙄 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Going to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets game for the Thursday Night Game after Christmas

Ditto there Dutch...  I'm back in town for my pal's 50th wedding anniversary on the 26th, and the whole crew is heading to the TNF game....  And my other pal had better stop calling me a "curse" I'm 3-1 this year...  And the supposed REAL "curse" that would be my wife- is now 2-0.  :) 

BTW I was at the game too, and the weather didn't turn out 1\2 as hateful as predicted....  Just occasional drizzle, and the rain stopped well before 2PM.   

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Orion said:

Flacco never got out of sorts by the way the game was going.  One INT he was expecting a zag and Tillman just kept running straight.  Another on a deflection.  He just kept doing the best thing he  could with that football.  

We could not run the ball.  We just couldn't.  No sense trying to pigheadedly prove that we can run against the #2 run defense when we can't.  Bitonio was on the sidelines...leaving Teller as the only 'regular' lineman in the game.  Plenty of holding calls.  

The blocking on both passing and rushing was just not there. Flacco got pressured and sacked so many times I lost count. 

10 hours ago, bbedward said:

Flacco with 212 passing yards in the 4th quarter, the most by any browns QB in a quarter ever 

5 hours ago, blitzz2 said:

Man, with Joe Flacco you can see the calmness and pocket presence. He just doesnt' get rattled. I loved the replay where they showed his eyes on the dropback, just scanning the field. And that pass and anticipation throw to Cooper was just sick. He's developing a good rapport with Njoku, and I think that is just boosting Njoku confidence. Was a great pickup by the Browns to grab Joe. 

When your QB throws 3 Ints, it is hard to claim he had a good game, even with the extenuating circumstances I mentioned. All the more impressive how he came through in the forth. And a Browns QB throwing for 374 on a bad day? I'll take it!

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

They don’t call holds against the browns ever, I’d be more fine with that if they didn’t call much less egregious holds against our offense repeatedly.

Joey Flacco is really playing like he did in his prime ravens years…the tight windows, downfield throws, picks, 4th quarter insurgence were all common occurrences in his career. The exception being the 2012 postseason where he went 11-0 TD-INT ratio. I really thought we’d see the check down happy feet Joe, but that guy is back to his loose gunslinger ways.

The pass to cooper is an all-time throw, doesn’t get any better than that but I’m sure the coaches were gasping as soon as he let it go. 

I can tell you that everyone at the game's butthole puckered on that pass... in fact, I think quite a few of us thought it was intercepted for a moment. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

BTW I was at the game too, and the weather didn't turn out 1\2 as hateful as predicted....  Just occasional drizzle, and the rain stopped well before 2PM.   

Where do you sit? 

We are in the 300s right on an end near the Southwest opening next to the American flag, and right about the time for the anthem the wind kicked up something fierce. First half wasn't pleasant, but it cleared out for the second half and the sun actually came out, about the time the Bears took a 17-7 lead. In fact, our obnoxious moonshine swilling Bears neighbor made sure to tell all of us how "the sun is shining on the Bears!"

As it became apparent the Browns were going to win, we made sure to serenade him with "Oh, the sun is shining on our Bears!" 🤣 I mean, seriously, a Bears fan talking shit?