THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Official  🏈  - NFL WEEK 15 - Bears ▪︎at▪︎ Browns (-3)    🏈  Dec. 17  (O/U 38)

Dutch Oven

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

They don’t call holds against the browns ever, I’d be more fine with that if they didn’t call much less egregious holds against our offense repeatedly.

25k fines goes to who's charity?

GBmMBN_WoAA1F84.jpg.73b15ffa1061777fc3bd0c3690ce55e8.jpgGBmMBN9XwAAUSPW.jpg.027c6c5e8b312a09c388b96703f49eff.jpg

GBmMBN7WwAA6__e.jpg.a050a3b8b0d02bbcbaf9e715e377b0d5.jpgGBmMBN7XwAATx01.jpg.c0ab93bf17bcce81b903c48fc093b9dc.jpg

Micheal Dunn's pair of holds never got to here ^^^

Refs get paid.. Fine them $

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bbedward said:

It changes a lot when both the guys next to you are also second and third stringers. Dunn is a solid backup, but when you have your main center and tackle out it’s tougher.

Thanks for the hindsight 20/20 but I wasn't the one predicting an easy 34-10 victory.  That was you.  If you actually read what I said I made it a point to say "Gumbs, I had a feeling the Bears would give us all we could handle given how much of our salary cap is on IR."   If that's not enough I posted this in this week's tale of the Tape thread. "It's a great story we all like; but we're only 1 or 2 more injuries up front from Flacco feeling like he's playing for the Jets again."

FWIW, Nick Harris was supposed/projected to be the starting Center in 2022 according to Stefanski until his season ending injury in the preseason game at Jax; so I think he's better than a lot of 2nd/3rd string Centers in this league.  The 2nd string guy playing LT doesn't look that much worse, if any, than Wills looked (while the 1 thing we can agree on is yesterday was his worst outing so far).  It's also conceivable that Dunn isn't 100% healthy given he just came off IR about 4 weeks ago. 

Edited by Flugel

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can tell you that everyone at the game's butthole puckered on that pass... in fact, I think quite a few of us thought it was intercepted for a moment. 

After watching what happened with the LAST pass of the game - is there any question that Tour and Gipper aren't still here with us and the Browns? 

Ok, there is a question I spose. Which one was tickling Mooney and which one batted the ball out of his hands?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

:) We're going to lose for sure- until we didn't.     

Tex, though you probably weren't following the Kardiac Kids back then- BUT I'll put in my request right now.. Shades of the Kids, keep wearing the orange pants for the rest of the year home and away.  I don't care if Doug Dieken hated them, I love 'em.  :) 

Seems I'm not the only one who remembered the KKs.😁

58 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks for the hindsight 20/20 but I wasn't the one predicting an easy 34-10 victory.  That was you.  If you actually read what I said I made it a point to say "Gumbs, I had a feeling the Bears would give us all we could handle given how much of our salary cap is on IR."   If that's not enough I posted this in this week's tale of the Tape thread. "It's a great story we all like; but we're only 1 or 2 more injuries up front from Flacco feeling like he's playing for the Jets again."

FWIW, Nick Harris was supposed/projected to be the starting Center in 2022 according to Stefanski until his season ending injury in the preseason game at Jax; so I think he's better than a lot of 2nd/3rd string Centers in this league.  The 2nd string guy playing LT doesn't look that much worse, if any, than Wills looked (while the 1 thing we can agree on is yesterday was his worst outing so far).  It's also conceivable that Dunn isn't 100% healthy given he just came off IR about 4 weeks ago. 

Whoa, I was just saying maybe Dunn doesn’t have the same chemistry with those guys, combined with being on IR and not playing for awhile could be part of the reason too, good point. You said you would cut Dunn some slack and I agreed.

Also it may have been a multi score victory, I just didn’t predict Flacco throwing a couple touchdowns to the wrong team 😁

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

Whoa, I was just saying maybe Dunn doesn’t have the same chemistry with those guys, combined with being on IR and not playing for awhile could be part of the reason too, good point. You said you would cut Dunn some slack and I agreed.

Also it may have been a multi score victory, I just didn’t predict Flacco throwing a couple touchdowns to the wrong team 😁

My bad - sorry for the misinterpret on my part.  I don't think a lot of fans outside of Cleveland (around the league) are aware of how injury decimated this roster is.  It's getting to the point where the Browns have to play teams the final 3 weeks that they'd easily rathouse if their injury volume was only slightly unreasonable.  It's exceeded that unfortunately.  

When it comes to who we're playing next - it makes no sense for me to predict an outcome.  I say that because we've had so many bad last minute surprises about who's inactive this week on a roster that can ill-afford 1 to miss 1 more starter.  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

GBmMBN_WoAA1F84.jpg.73b15ffa1061777fc3bd0c3690ce55e8.jpgGBmMBN9XwAAUSPW.jpg.027c6c5e8b312a09c388b96703f49eff.jpg

GBmMBN7WwAA6__e.jpg.a050a3b8b0d02bbcbaf9e715e377b0d5.jpgGBmMBN7XwAATx01.jpg.c0ab93bf17bcce81b903c48fc093b9dc.jpg

My goodness 

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

My bad - sorry for the misinterpret on my part.  I don't think a lot of fans outside of Cleveland (around the league) are aware of how injury decimated this roster is.  It's getting to the point where the Browns have to play teams the final 3 weeks that they'd easily rathouse if their injury volume was only slightly unreasonable.  It's exceeded that unfortunately.  

When it comes to who we're playing next - it makes no sense for me to predict an outcome.  I say that because we've had so many bad last minute surprises about who's inactive this week on a roster that can ill-afford 1 to miss 1 more starter.  

I think the Texans are the 2nd most injured team besides us, but I’d imagine they’ll have stroud back against us which is like a Justin fields except actually good. But yea our easy stretch isn’t looking so easy (aside from maybe the jets still)

I believe our injury list will lighten up a little at least, Pocic, Bitonio, Thornhill, Walker will possibly be back. But our running game is seriously broken and Flacco throwing 45 times isn’t sustainable - that’s something they’ll need to figure out with the 3rd string OL they’re trotting out there

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

After watching what happened with the LAST pass of the game - is there any question that Tour and Gipper aren't still here with us and the Browns? 

Ok, there is a question I spose. Which one was tickling Mooney and which one batted the ball out of his hands?

I think Gipper sprayed Mooney's hands with Crisco. 

Damn, like I said yesterday it was Kramer to Rashad. What an ending, what a resilient team these Browns are.

• Haha 1

Another detail that wasn’t talked about much is the browns actually won a coin toss for once.

Instead of choosing kick/receive, they chose the direction they wanted to defend. One side of the field was way worse than the other (in terms of the swirling wind) they accomplished two things

1) The bears didn’t attempt a 2nd quarter 50+ yard field goal due to the wind gusts towards the locker rooms - it would have been an extremely tough kick to make.

2) The browns were setup with favorable wind at their backs in the 4th for the game winning kick.

Just think that’s a pretty cool and intelligent coaching detail, quite possibly the game was won because of that little coin flip decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Where do you sit? 

We are in the 300s right on an end near the Southwest opening next to the American flag, and right about the time for the anthem the wind kicked up something fierce. First half wasn't pleasant, but it cleared out for the second half and the sun actually came out, about the time the Bears took a 17-7 lead. In fact, our obnoxious moonshine swilling Bears neighbor made sure to tell all of us how "the sun is shining on the Bears!"

As it became apparent the Browns were going to win, we made sure to serenade him with "Oh, the sun is shining on our Bears!" 🤣 I mean, seriously, a Bears fan talking shit?

Section 111 Row 9.   Roughly on the 20 yard line field level. That's what 30+ years worth of seniority will get you. 

FWIW, MHO the best seats are in the 100 level last row, you're under cover, and can knock on the floor of the owner's box.  Just me, but I feel Club seats are over rated. You get nicer bars, restrooms, and the area behind the seats is heated\ air conditioned.  

• Haha 1

WHOA !  I can  NOT  wait until the next game  actually  gets here. ◆  It should be great.     :lol:

......  edit add ....    Dec. 24  BROWNS  -at-  Houston  1 pm  " I can NOT wait, fo'  sure " !

GO BROWNS !

Edited by mjp28

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

So I was sitting in the 300 level behind the endzone that the Hail Mary happened in. Obviously its hard to tell exactly what happened live in person, but I can tell you if felt like that play lasted five minutes. Holy shit man.

Then hours later I see the actual play on TV. 

If I would have known how close we actually were to losing I might have fainted. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Section 111 Row 9.   Roughly on the 20 yard line field level. That's what 30+ years worth of seniority will get you. 

FWIW, MHO the best seats are in the 100 level last row, you're under cover, and can knock on the floor of the owner's box.  Just me, but I feel Club seats are over rated. You get nicer bars, restrooms, and the area behind the seats is heated\ air conditioned.  

I sat in the Club Level once, ironically enough against the Bears.

It was a snowy, cold day and I was thrilled to be able to go into the heated Club section during halftime and before the game. Got a Michael Symon burger. The Browns stunk that year (and lost vs the Bears that day too) so we were able to give my buddy's $19 season tickets (this was a decade ago) and $35 each and presto, we were in the Club section. 

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

WHOA !  I can  NOT  wait until the next game  actually  gets here. ◆  It should be great.     :lol:

......  edit add ....    Dec. 24  BROWNS  -at-  Houston  1 pm  " I can NOT wait, fo'  sure " !

GO BROWNS !

..... This will be a great game in Houston  ▪︎and▪︎  in OH▪︎IO       :)

Edited by mjp28
Great game in HOUSTON and Clev-land & OH▪︎IO !

Found out this nugget of info driving into work today....

Not only was Roger Goodell at the game yesterday, but so was Ohio Governor Mike Dewine.

In fact, both were in Cleveland all weekend. 

Cleveland Browns Stadium's days are limited. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So I was sitting in the 300 level behind the endzone that the Hail Mary happened in. Obviously its hard to tell exactly what happened live in person, but I can tell you if felt like that play lasted five minutes. Holy shit man.

Then hours later I see the actual play on TV. 

If I would have known how close we actually were to losing I might have fainted. 

I bet!  That was 1 Hail Mary that ended with "THANK GOD" from Cleveland Browns fans everywhere!   

1 hour ago, Korsou Dawg said:

May I ask which station? And if it is accessible via internet?

Legal Browns internet site.. delay your TV feed 2-3 seconds.. (pending tv service)

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio    click volume on 

Noon pregames, can follow all the way thru player pressers to post game callers  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Legal Browns internet site.. delay your TV feed 2-3 seconds.. (pending tv service)

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio    click volume on  

Awesome! We don't always get commentators that have researched the Browns very well. Anyone hanging out with Cheech and Chong or tailgating at home early - make sure you turn on your TV, radio, and/or pc.  How do I know?  You don't want to know...  

The Browns site is also a good way to stay up-to-date with things unfolding for those that don't reside in Cleveland/Ohio.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

I believe some of you listen to Browns games on the radio, including @Bob806 and @gumby73 May I ask which station? And if it is accessible via internet?

After seeing the below, THIS is the commentary I want watching Browns games!

I have the XM app & you get a ton of sports channels. I got addicted to it when I bought a new truck in 2014. Comes in handy as we have family in Texas & Arizona. Includes internet streaming on a computer & smart phone. So we always can follow our Browns.

Yeah, it seems silly to pay for radio ( about $12 a month ), but we tow our trailer a lot & feel it's worth it just for the sports aspect. 

If I'm not at the stadium (split season tickets with my cousin), I'll listen to the radio feed. The tv broadcasters are ok, I just prefer the homer angle lol.

Browns have been blessed with great play-by-play guys. Gib Shanley remains my favorite, great memories from all of 'em.

Go Browns!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Found out this nugget of info driving into work today....

Not only was Roger Goodell at the game yesterday, but so was Ohio Governor Mike Dewine.

In fact, both were in Cleveland all weekend. 

Cleveland Browns Stadium's days are limited. 

It's going to be a tough sell. As much as we love our Browns, there's been a ton of money poured into the downtown area while neighborhoods crumble, police, fire, & service departments staffing way down. I'm guessing an increase to the Sin Tax is in order, with Haslam picking up a substantial portion. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:03 AM, gumby73 said:

This video does a great job too: https://twitter.com/JeffDLowe/status/1736916481097822528

I don't agree all of them are egregious, but the first three (and especially the first two) are an absolute embarrassment. Not only is it an absolute tragedy, but Garrett could get seriously hurt with the nonsense these guys are getting away with lately. It makes my blood boil man.

• Upvote 2

Week 15 Offensive Snap Counts

- - - - -
Pos Player Plays % Stats
QB Joe Flacco 68 99% 28-of-44 (63.6%) for 374 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT. 1 carry, -1 yard.
QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson 1 1% 1-of-1 (100%) for 5 yards.
Pos Player Plays % Stats
RB Jerome Ford 35 51% 8 carries, 20 yards (2.5 YPC). 4 catches, 11 yards (5 targets).
RB Kareem Hunt 22 32% 7 carries, 8 yards (1.1 YPC). 1 catch, 12 yards (1 target).
RB Pierre Strong 12 17% 2 carries, 2 yards (1.0 YPC). 2 catches, 9 yards (2 targets).
Pos Player Plays % Stats
WR Amari Cooper 65 94% 4 catches, 109 yards (8 targets), 1 TD.
WR Elijah Moore 54 78% 2 catches, 17 yards (3 targets).
WR Charles Tillman 50 72% 4 catches, 52 yards (8 targets).
WR Marquise Goodwin 7 10% 1 catch, 57 yards (1 target).
WR David Bell 5 7% No stats registered.
Pos Player Plays % Stats
TE David Njoku 58 84% 10 catches, 104 yards (14 targets), 1 TD.
TE Harrison Bryant 19 28% 0 catches (1 target).
TE Jordan Akins 11 16% 1 catch, 8 yards (1 target).
Pos Player Plays % Stats
OL Geron Christian 69 100%  
OL Wyatt Teller 69 100%  
OL James Hudson 69 100%  
OL Nick Harris 68 99%  
OL Michael Dunn 59 86%  
OL Joel Bitonio 11 16%  
OL Luke Wypler 4 6%  
OL Leroy Watson 3 4%