THE BROWNS BOARD

** The "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  🏈  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/13/2024) **

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

I think they wanted to see if they could find a better backup than Walker - probably liked some of Driskel’s tape, if Flacco goes down then Walker is a death sentence to our postseason.

I get that but I'm a old school kind of guy and would have liked to see them get something going so it would get the rest of the team going.

They just couldn't get ANYTHING going on offense with Driskel, almost looked as bad as DTR's first start against the Ravens.

Let's not forget that this second unit almost blew a game against a team we will be playing on Saturday in the wild card. I really wanted to see the second unit start to click. I could not make it past the first quarter, I shut it off.  It's kinda concerning when you consider our injury situation.

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

I think they wanted to see if they could find a better backup than Walker - probably liked some of Driskel’s tape, if Flacco goes down then Walker is a death sentence to our postseason.

Who knows if they got what they expected with Driskel's. "welcome to the National Football League" ?   

I don't think anyone  coaches, players or for sure fans were expecting  0-31  ..... I know i wasn't for sure.  At least  CLE 14  CIN  31  looks better l

I wonder how they graded the game tape ???     B- ?   C- ?  Incomplete ?    :lol:

On 1/7/2024 at 10:46 PM, bbedward said:

Kinda surprised it didn’t get the primetime slot over the bucs…rookie of the year vs Flacco browns - seems like a better prime time than inept bucs and collapsing eagles.

im good with being first though, if we lose I won’t waste time following any of the other games.

NFL needed an NFC East team in a primetime slot. That's all it is, like Peacock, a $$ grab.

13 hours ago, syd said:

maybe try shenandoah or definitly  the woodlands ( a very nice area)

My son lives on the NW side of town there ( Oak Forest neighborhood). Lots of decent eateries & brew pubs.

3 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Stefanski in his presser said that Hopkins is unlikely to kick this week, big sad.

Said Delpit has a chance to come off IR

Which means, we need to come out in attack mode and not leave it up to a last second kick to send us to the next round or send us home.

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ The "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-1½) -at- Texans  🏈  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/8)

On the injury front... The good news is- Browns are activating Grant Delpit off of IR...  And in WTF news- Juan Thornhill still didn't practice yesterday...  He's been nursing that calf injury since week 10.  🙄

18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

On the injury front... The good news is- Browns are activating Grant Delpit off of IR...  And in WTF news- Juan Thornhill still didn't practice yesterday...  He's been nursing that calf injury since week 10.  🙄

Thornhill returned to practice today, I'd expect him to go. I'm sure they'll still rotate in Hickman & Bell in some of their 3-safety looks, both of those guys have been excellent fill-ins.

For those who don't live in NE Ohio, and aren't aware of this guys many billboards. Mizny is a personal injury lawyer, and his Billboards usually say "Mizny Makes Them Pay".  😉

image.png.87dee3eae681226e77c720d7606c64c4.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

For those who don't live in NE Ohio, and aren't aware of this guys many billboards. Mizny is a personal injury lawyer, and his Billboards usually say "Mizny Makes Them Pay".  😉

LOL O.K, First is that billboard real ?

second. Is MIzny kinda like better call saul ?

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hopefully the Texans will be needing his services after Saturday's game.

2 hours ago, syd said:

LOL O.K, First is that billboard real ?

second. Is MIzny kinda like better call saul ?

Yes, the billboard is real. He has tons of billboards all over. I live 40+ miles from Cleveland and they are all over, plus he's been doing commercials for years.

He's so well-known that he actually has some billboards with no writing, just his face. THAT's how famous he is here. 

tim misny billboard.jpeg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, the billboard is real. He has tons of billboards all over. I live 40+ miles from Cleveland and they are all over, plus he's been doing commercials for years.

He's so well-known that he actually has some billboards with no writing, just his face. THAT's how famous he is here. 

tim misny billboard.jpeg

That is. true.   He is big time now.   ( He lives on the same street as my one brother ....  in the sticks near Cleveland .... no kidding ! )

13 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That is. true.   He is big time now.   ( He lives on the same street as my one brother ....  in the sticks near Cleveland .... no kidding ! )

East side?

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

East side?

No not West, East or even in Cleveland at all.  He's in one of those cute little old  wooded  villages up there.   There are more than just a few now.

Ask  WSS  he could tell you a few of them.         :D

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

No not West, East or even in Cleveland at all.  He's in one of those cute little old  wooded  villages up there.   There are more than just a few now.

Ask  WSS  he could tell you a few of them.         :D

Yeah, I'll pass on that. 

• Haha 1

This has nothing to do with the upcoming Browns vs Texans game, but it randomly came up on the youtubes and it made me giggle like a schoolgirl, so I thought I'd share it with you....

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

tim misny billboard.jpeg

If you ever get a chance to meet the man - don't.  

I knew a girl who was a paralegal at one of his offices (he has a couple locations) and I was invited to a 'race night'   The pre-recorded horse race videos, the raffles, open bar, etc etc. 

Anyhizzle, The Mis makes a cameo appearance. He might have been there 30 minutes?  Yeah.... Belligerent douchebag, especially to the serving staff. 

I might be a sarcastic asshole, and yes I can come across as brash at times; but I'm fair and a bit more measured than most.  T.M. though? Total shitbird. 

Obviously this is becoming of nothing and he's a local media sensation, it's just a shame it has to be attached to such a miserable human. 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If you ever get a chance to meet the man - don't.  

I knew a girl who was a paralegal at one of his offices (he has a couple locations) and I was invited to a 'race night'   The pre-recorded horse race videos, the raffles, open bar, etc etc. 

Anyhizzle, The Mis makes a cameo appearance. He might have been there 30 minutes?  Yeah.... Belligerent douchebag, especially to the serving staff. 

I might be a sarcastic asshole, and yes I can come across as brash at times; but I'm fair and a bit more measured than most.  T.M. though? Total shitbird. 

Obviously this is becoming of nothing and he's a local media sensation, it's just a shame it has to be attached to such a miserable human. 

There is absolutely nothing about that story that surprises me.

A guy who plasters his face all over NE Ohio on billboard strikes me as something a narcissistic asshole would do.

• Upvote 1

Down here you can't watch any TV stations for any half hour period without "The name you know, the firm you trust" commercials of Thomas J Henry. Based in S.A. but dozens of attorneys working under him there, Austin and Dallas/Ft Worth. At least they are honest about that, though some ads make it look like he is in nearly every big winning case.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

*Sigh*

The injuries this year are just insane. Hopefully he plays.

Supposedly he's supposed to be ok.

Grant Delpit is ruled out. 

• Upvote 1

Yeesh, hope Denzel is OK. These practice injuries are just insane. This is going to be a war and we'll need everyone. Let's go, baby. 

58 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

That's good to hear, we need Ward. Sucks on Delpit but was expected. 

I say we tape up all starters in bubble wrap until Saturday.

Well they are likely done practicing now, besides walkthroughs and tape. So hopefully nobody falls out of their chair or anything during a film session.