THE BROWNS BOARD

** The "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ AFC WILD CARD ▪︎ BROWNS (-2½) -at- Texans  🏈  Sat. Jan. 13 *(Rev. 1/13/2024) **

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nice job by Newsome, I'll take just giving up a field goal 

Big time by secondary. Especially considering we're oddly horrendous in red zone. 

49 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

How is everyone FEELING about this game today? The last 2-3 games I had a pretty good feel for, but I don't have a handle on this one at ALL. It's almost like very few outcomes would surprise me, ya know? I could see a tight ass game where it comes down to a kick with the backup kicker, I could visualize a game where Stroud absolutely lights us up and we're playing catchup all day, and I can just as easy come up with a scenario where we get them in a bind and win handily. 

What I don't like:

It's a road playoff game and our team has not been lights out on the road, especially the defensive side of things. We play MUCH better at home, which is true of many teams, but it's especially evident in our efforts this season. 

Texans have their starting DL today. Greenard got hurt almost immediately last time, and Rankins is also playing. They're healthy up front and that's going to change just about everything in terms of time throw, potential fumbles (Flacco has 4), and forcing the ball into dangerous windows resulting in INT's. 

Texans don't give up rushing yards. I don't remember the stat, but they haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in just about forever. If you have Flacco pass the ball 50 times with a high percentage of 3rd and longs, it's asking for trouble. CAN he deliver? Absolutely, but getting SOME ground game going will be essential to keeping Texans off guard and having more manageable down and distance. 

Stroud. I won't lie, he terrifies me. Why? So glad you asked! He does NOT turn it over. My dude has 5 INT's on the season, which is borderline stupid because he drives the ball down the field and he takes calculated risks. Having about a 5-1 touchdown to INT ratio is bonkers, for anyone, let alone a rookie. Stroud isn't a burner, but he's plenty quick and he looks to strike down the field. When you watch our games, you see opponents running wide open down the field, but the pressure prevents qb's from finding them. Don't be surprised if Stroud connects on a couple deep scores. 

What I LIKE. 

Enough of the doom and gloom and giving respect. What wares do WE have that causes THEM problems? 

Amari Cooper. We know about his record setting day, and while I don't expect THAT, I do see him being highly effective. He's just so talented. 

Njoku. I expect 8-10 catches for big yards and at least one td. We need his hands to stay soft and those TE screens to pop. We've been very close to busting one. 

Joe Flacco. Flacco is tied for the league most wildcard victories AND road playoff wins. He's hot and he's feeling it. He stays away from the flukey picks and fumbles, and we'll win. 

Myles Garrett. Now, traditionally Tunsil gives Myles fits. Schwartz will move him all over the field to get an advantage, but I need a superhuman effort from Garrett today. Not only that, but a game-changing play. Strip sack, INT, whatever. We need our freak to be freaky. 

Lastly, Stroud struggled the most against man coverage and pressure, the Browns identity. We play our style, and we should be able to frustrate them. 

Sorry for the ridiculous novel on things you all already knew, but it's helping to calm my nerves and take us closer to kickoff. Can't wait! No matter what, maybe my favorite season I can remember. Just don't want it to end! 

NICE play by the  "D"  there jiggs !    i'll take  0-3 .  And another great play ......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Beautiful

x2 flugs .....

Just now, mjp28 said:

x2 flugs .....

x3 baby !

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dammmmmmmmn. 

So close Bryant.

POUND IT IN.

You called it. Nothing fancy, just Joel laying the wood. 

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

Thank you my brother Belushi!

Oh yeah !  My back is ach-in .... but i'll take  7-3,  NICE !

1 minute ago, AP1 said:

There is not a more violent runner inside the 10 in the entire NFL.

Looks like a BIG scoring game today !!!

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Not sure if that was Newsome getting torched again or if Stroud him the WR in the open spot between zones.

And we're down again. 

Looked like cover 2 beater

Defense crumbled quickly there, big sad