THE BROWNS BOARD

◆2024 ◆ Kansas City Chiefs - versus - San Francisco 49ers ◆ SUPER BOWL LVIII on FEB. 11, 2024. <--▪︎

mjp28

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Really happy for Goff, got to root for a kid who was the #1 overall pick but his original team kicked him to the curb, and when everyone thought he'd be an after-thought he takes the Lions of all teams to the NFC Championship game. 

What a great story. 

Yeah, and it wasn't like he didn't lead his 1st team to the Super Bowl.  Poor kid got hosed and came back; because winners win!  That's exactly what Goff does...

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Got a meat loaf in the fridge, will be throwing it in the oven at halftime, mjp.

Speaking of food, does the restaurant "Cherry's On Top Of The Mall" ring a bell to you? 

Oh my recipe lead-in is finished and in the    ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎   thread.

And I remember   "Cherry's"  very well when i lived in Niles,  left there in 1985.

20240117_154206.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Baker gonna Bake!😁

Not sure any starting QB is less clutch than baker.

Not sure why people have a love affair for Baker too, dude lost the locker room while getting BJs in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot. I’d rather the lions enjoy the W

The Bill methodically put that last drive together to win the game, then decided they wanted to play for OT.

Two deep throws to nowhere and a wide right later, they join the rest of the league in the off-season. 

Their last two plays before the FGA and the fake punt are three of the most questionable play calls a team made all season. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, bbedward said:

2024 AFC - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

I think chiefs/ravens will be a good game. 

2024 NFC - CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

On the other side it's  "interesting"  the never been there vs the older established 49ers -  DETROIT vs SF.

I think will be an entertaining afternoon and evening on  CBS and  FOX  of NFL Sunday Football.

8 hours ago, AP1 said:

The Bill methodically put that last drive together to win the game, then decided they wanted to play for OT.

Two deep throws to nowhere and a wide right later, they join the rest of the league in the off-season. 

Their last two plays before the FGA and the fake punt are three of the most questionable play calls a team made all season. 

Yeah it was really weird. Dink & dunk down the field, use Allen's legs, then bam, hero ball. 

Josh Allen has a ton of heart, but wow, the 2nd down pass in the end zone was terrible, and he probably could have ran for at least 5 yards on 3rd down, but threw it away. 

KC just knows how to win. Ratbirds, nevermore....go KC.

• Upvote 1

~   And on Sunday  at 3 pm & 6:30 pm we will see the  AFC & NFC   CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP Games !

■  CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS  ■

▪︎. AFC Championship    Sun 1/28   3:00 PM ET. -  Kansas City Chiefs  vs  Baltimore Ravens 
on CBS   Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

▪︎. NFC Championship.  Sun 1/28.  6:30 PM ET -  Detroit Lions  vs. San Francisco  49ers
on FOX   Kevin bitBurkhardt, Greg Olsen

●  Dressing it up a bit, anyone excitited about either  or  both of these games ?
Edited by mjp28
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES !

19 hours ago, syd said:

please for the love of god,Fire him

He seems to be their  #1  lead team,  Nantz & Romo ...... babe.

• Upvote 1

~     The  AFC / NFC  CHAMPIONSHIP  GAMES   ◆    Sunday  January 28, 2024   ◆   Let the best teams win !  

SUNDAY'S GAMES

All times ET

Chiefs @ Ravens (3 p.m., CBS)

Point spread: Ravens -4 (Ravens favored to win by more than 4 points; otherwise, Chiefs cover)
Moneyline: Ravens -209 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $14.78 total); Chiefs +173 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $27.30 total)
Total: 44.5 points scored by both teams combined

●~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

Lions @ 49ers (6:30 p.m., FOX and FOX Sports App)

Point spread: 49ers -7.5 (49ers favored to win by more than 7.5 points; otherwise, Lions cover)
Moneyline: 49ers -351 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $12.85 total); Lions +276 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $37.60 total)
Total: 52 points scored by both teams combined

~     Good luck everyone !    ◆    And enjoy your Sunday  afternoon  -and-  evening.     :D

• mjp28 changed the title to ◆ 2024 ◆ CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY JAN. 28 ◆ to SUPER BOWL 58 on FEB. 11 ▪︎--▪︎ and TV Schedules ▪︎--▪︎

Today is the day Roger makes the call to the sideline and tells the refs do it for the swifties.

Chiefs 20

Ravens 17

Also the day the lions story comes to a tragic close, shouldn’t have gone for 2 3 times in a row and give up their 1 seed chances.

SF 33

Lions 20

Definitely rooting for the Chiefs over the Ravens... obviously I don't want a rival going to the Super Bowl, and I'm thoroughly enjoying fragile men losing their shit because Taylor Swift gets about a minute total of air time during Chiefs games. 🤣

And of course, rooting for the Lions as the great underdog story, plus they have a local kid (DE John Cominsky, from Barberton). 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

🤣

And of course, rooting for the Lions as the great underdog story, plus they have a local kid (DE John Cominsky, from Barberton). 

And of course an Aggie as HC, another as DC and a WR (Josh Reynolds).🤣 

tia wanted to know.😁😱

• Haha 1

ACC country..

AFCN didn't need WR Zay Flowers being the 3rd WR off the board, falling into the Rats lap at pick #22 🙄

7 - 7

31 minutes ago, AP1 said:

After the Chiefs lost back to back weeks against the Packers and Bills, I was thinking not their year.

At the moment, that TD drive has me thinking otherwise...

They got hot at the perfect time

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man oh man I want the Chiefs to ruin the Ravens season in front of their own fans. 

And they just might do it  now.    14-7  and counting ?

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~     The  AFC / NFC  CHAMPIONSHIP  GAMES   ◆    Sunday  January 28, 2024   ◆   Let the best teams win !  

SUNDAY'S GAMES

All times ET

Chiefs @ Ravens (3 p.m., CBS)

Point spread: Ravens -4 (Ravens favored to win by more than 4 points; otherwise, Chiefs cover)
Moneyline: Ravens -209 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $14.78 total); Chiefs +173 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $27.30 total)
Total: 44.5 points scored by both teams combined

●~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

Lions @ 49ers (6:30 p.m., FOX and FOX Sports App)

Point spread: 49ers -7.5 (49ers favored to win by more than 7.5 points; otherwise, Lions cover)
Moneyline: 49ers -351 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $12.85 total); Lions +276 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $37.60 total)
Total: 52 points scored by both teams combined

~     Good luck everyone !    ◆    And enjoy your Sunday  afternoon  -and-  evening.     :D

I think the  KC -4  should be easy to hit  same for  OVER  44.5 .

Now the  SF -7½  and   OVER  52  I'm not 100%  sold .... yet.    Right now  I'm  leaning  DET +7½   and  UNDER  52 !     Let's see if i get burned on the  UNDER ....  we'll see.    :o

A money kicker !    Eight. 50+ in a row.     KC  17 - 7.

• Upvote 1