THE BROWNS BOARD

◆2024 ◆ Kansas City Chiefs - versus - San Francisco 49ers ◆ SUPER BOWL LVIII on FEB. 11, 2024. <--▪︎

mjp28

This game is a perfect example of how much of a craps shoot the NFL Draft really is.

Mahomes was the 10th player selected overall in 2017. Miles Garrett was #1, Christian McCaffrey #2, DeShaun Watson #12.

Baker was the #1 pick in 2018. Lamar Jackson #32.

Am I lamenting the Browns not picking Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson? No. I'm thankful for the guys that have helped the Browns become a playoff team two of the last four seasons.

But the trajectory of the franchise the last half decade would be different if that little instinct the Player/Personnel and Scouting Department saw or felt about certain players was better.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AP1 said:

This game is a perfect example of how much of a craps shoot the NFL Draft really is.

Mahomes was the 10th player selected overall in 2017. Miles Garrett was #1, Christian McCaffrey #2, DeShaun Watson #12.

Am I lamenting the Browns not picking Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson? No. I'm thankful for the guys that have helped the Browns become a playoff team two of the last four seasons.

But the trajectory of the franchise the last half decade would be different if that little instinct the Player/Personnel and Scouting Department saw or felt about certain players was better.

It’s a combo of many things. But Mahomes going to Andy Reid was a Great fit. As for Lamar, he’s a great athlete playing Qb. He is not a great QB. 

6 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

It’s a combo of many things. But Mahomes going to Andy Reid was a Great fit. As for Lamar, he’s a great athlete playing Qb. He is not a great QB. 

At this point I don't care how the players playing the positions get identified or classified, I just want the Browns to win.

I'm sick and tired of watching many other franchises have success over multiple generations.

As much as I respect the legacies of my Grandpa's Browns and my Dad's Browns, I want MY Browns and YOUR Browns to win. Now. I'm sick and tired of watching these games thinking, "Man, it'd be great to be a fan of one of the teams playing." Instead I hope the team I hate the most gets beat.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Clowney doing Clowney shit. 

So awesome to see Zay Flowers fumble the ball a yard from the endzone on the same drive he got a taunting penalty. 

Holy F the ravens really are loving the personal fouls this game, they are all good calls too…

Theyll still claim Mahomes and Swift bias though 

21 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Lamar is a great QB, if you’ve seen him play this year. He’s made incredible throws, the athlete/RB narrative was solidly proven false.

However, today he sucks ass - and that’s a good thing.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Can people enlighten me on why so many wanna change the maintain possession over the line touchback rule.

IMO, you should hold on to the ball if you’re gonna reach for it. 

I think it's typically a knee-jerk reaction by teams and fans in emotional amd high pressure situations where the call doesn't go there way. In KC in 2021, I was one of those fans, once I calmed down I remembered that it's been a rule my entire life and longer.

• Like 1

Just now, AP1 said:

I think it's typically a knee-jerk reaction by teams and fans in emotional amd high pressure situations where the call doesn't go there way. In KC in 2021, I was one of those fans, once I calmed down I remembered that it's been a rule my entire life and longer.

That one in 2021 was more different, since the chief dove head first like a missile - the argument was more that it should have been a targeting. And it was, by definition.

I'd have paid extra just to watch Spag's all 22 coverage units.. 

Lamar 17 of 32 =246 yards  3 sacks 1 huge pick  1 TD

14 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Lamar is a great QB, if you’ve seen him play this year. He’s made incredible throws, the athlete/RB narrative was solidly proven false.

However, today he sucks ass - and that’s a good thing.

He is NOT a great Qb. To be that, you need to read defenses, throw from the pocket, move guys with your eyes, not just run around making plays with your legs. And of course WIN BIG PLAYOFF GAMES. 

Watching him, he looks lost a lot when he drops back. Like he doesn’t see everything. He is GREAT at alluding the rush and making plays out of nothing. But keeping him in the pocket and making him be a QB is way easier to beat him then letting him run around

59 minutes ago, AP1 said:

The drafting of Johnny Manziel set the Browns back, way back.

Haslam/Farmer took a promising season (6-3 after a primetime win in Cincy) to 7-9 by force-feeding Manziel. 

That led to Pettine being fired, Shanahan leaving, Hue Jackson being hired.....ugh, my head hurts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Haslam/Farmer took a promising season (6-3 after a primetime win in Cincy) to 7-9 by force-feeding Manziel. 

That led to Pettine being fired, Shanahan leaving, Hue Jackson being hired.....ugh, my head hurts.

The Haslam ownership has been the biggest factor in the Browns not winning 

• Upvote 2

I was so conflicted as to who I hate more in this game. On one hand, it's the Browns v1 but the other it's Brittany Mahomes and Taylor Swift.... I just hope that either NFC team destroys KC. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Lmao Lamar really sucks ass in the playoffs. Triple coverage end zone pick

The fumble right before the goal line KILLED the Rats and it couldn't have happened to a better punk.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Well said Bob!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Flugel said:

The fumble right before the goal line KILLED the Rats and it couldn't have happened to a better punk.  

......   Hey Flugs !

Yes sir .....  from  17-14  to  17- no shot !   Baltimore's lack of discipline cost them any shot at the  SB 58 !

It was nice too, i got to talk to my other brother from  Cleveland  on vacation in South Carolina the whole second half.

★ DETROIT 30   SF  28   in a thriller !

And as always ......    GO BROWNS !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bbedward said:

I’d really like a lion-chiefs SB, but my money is on the 9ers (figuratively, I didn’t bet on those punks)

Eminem vs Taylor Swift

• Like 1