THE BROWNS BOARD

◆2024 ◆ Kansas City Chiefs - versus - San Francisco 49ers ◆ SUPER BOWL LVIII on FEB. 11, 2024. <--▪︎

mjp28

In California, the only thing worse than a 9er fan was a Raider fan. I picked them to win the SB, but I'm not happy about it solely because of their douchebag fans.  

11 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I always feel bad for the players in games like these. 

Oh yes .... it might be fun in the winner's locker room  -but-  can be tough in the other side.   It does wear off with time  -but-  not entirely.   "Entirely".  (Been there.  A state championship, 1966.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

Had dumbass Dan taken the 2 FGs.. Detroit would be up by at least 3 now..

Fucking dumbass HC

The coach cost them the game

• Upvote 1

After today, all I can say is, F THE RATURDS. 😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😁😁🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🥃

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

After today, all I can say is, F THE RATURDS. 😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😁😁🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🥃

I missed most of the Raturd game... Went to see My Brother in laws Grandson play a School of Rock gig.. They do a great job with that.. Wish I had ,had that kind of start when I was young... But proud to say I did it mostly on my own and having the guidence of the best guitar players in the city of Cleveland setting me on the right path...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Axe said:

What a shame.. A head coach too full of himself costs his team their first ever appearance in a Super bowl..

It's going to be interesting to see how the media spins this..

I think Kevin Stefanski sat in for a few plays... LOL

12 hours ago, bbedward said:

Yea some of Campbell’s decisions were bizarre to say the least.

I get being aggressive and all.. But at some point.. Except the points and live to play another drive...

Just wondering, at what point does analytics tell them the team with the most points when the clock hits zero at the end of the 4th quarter wins the game?

Although I don't count what Dan Campbell did as analytics, it was just reckless. Sad, considering he used to play for them and should know what that means to to city of Detroit.

58 minutes ago, Neo said:

Just wondering, at what point does analytics tell them the team with the most points when the clock hits zero at the end of the 4th quarter wins the game?

Although I don't count what Dan Campbell did as analytics, it was just reckless. Sad, considering he used to play for them and should know what that means to to city of Detroit.

Like I told my brother... I get being aggressive and all... But there's a time to take the points.. They weren't in any do or die situations.. Take the points... you win the game... Campbell out coached himself... That said... I think he's a good man...

23 hours ago, D Bone said:

Somewhere Brandon Staley is saying "Great calls Dan, I would've done the same thing". 

what we already knew..

Dan Campbell would handle the press conference with class with few regrets

Brandon Staley would still be telling us "than we don't know anything about 🏈"   :) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

what we already knew..

Dan Campbell would handle the press conference with class with few regrets

Brandon Staley would still be telling us "than we don't know anything about 🏈"   :) 

Ironically... Brandon Staley's Parents are my neighbors... Very nice people...

• Like 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ◆2024 ◆ Kansas City Chiefs - versus - San Francisco 49ers ◆ SUPER BOWL LVIII on FEB. 11, 2024. <--▪︎
On 1/20/2024 at 9:52 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Whoever limps out of the NFC is going to get boat-raced by the Ravens in the Super Bowl 

And yes ....  many of us believed just that  UNTIL .....  the KC Chiefs  vs  SF 49ers  ....  in the  SUPER BOWL 58 !

Good luck to each team on February 11th.

Super Bowl 58 Odds
Team Current Super Bowl Odds Opening Odds
San Francisco 49ers -120 +900
Kansas City Chiefs +100 +600
Baltimore Ravens Eliminated +1800
Detroit Lions Eliminated +2500
28 more rows
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

I think we all learned 1 thing - KC had the most underrated defense and DC.   

I like Spagnuolo to a point... His secondary plays a little loosy goosy for my liking but he gets it done... Can't argue much against the success he's had..

~  And more betting notes leading up to  ★ SB 58 ★  with more to come I'm sure.  Sports gambling is big business now.

Betting Trends for Past Super Bowl Winners

• The AFC has won 7 of the last 11 Super Bowls
  • The AFC’s top seed has advanced to the Super Bowl in 7 of the last 11 seasons
  • The AFC’s No. 2 seed has advanced in 2 of the last 4 seasons
  • 6 of the last 10 NFC teams to play in the Super Bowl were the top seed in the conference
  • The NFC West has sent a team to the Super Bowl in 7 of the last 11 years

Past Super Bowl Winner Preseason Odds

• 2022: Kansas City Chiefs +800
  • 2021: Los Angeles Rams +1400
  • 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers +1000
  • 2019: Kansas City Chiefs +600  <--▪︎   the 2019 & 2018  the closest thing to  "favorites".
  • 2018: New England Patriots +600. <--▪︎
  • 2017: Philadelphia Eagles +4000  <--▪︎   the 2017  closest thing to a  "longshot".    ( See 2023 CLE also was +4000.  No kidding.)

I think it might be good to start with a   clean   page for the   Super Bowl  58  game thread on February 11th.

This thread to the Super Bowl is about worn out.   :)

Sound like a good idea ?     

---◇---

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic