THE BROWNS BOARD

Jameis Winston is a Brown

It's safe to say that Flacco won't be coming back.

I hated him as a Raven, enjoyed him as a Brown. November and December were my most enjoyable moments, as a fan, since 1994.

I trust Berry, he must believe it was a flash in the pan. 

In the moment, I hope it was as well. I'd hate to see him go somewhere and light it up.

But I understand the move, the Front Office doesn't want the stadium chanting Flacco, the first time DW throws a pick.

2 minutes ago, AP1 said:

I hated him as a Raven, enjoyed him as a Brown. November and December were my most enjoyable moments, as a fan, since 1994.

In the moment, I hope it was as well. I'd hate to see him go somewhere and light it up.

But I understand the move, the Front Office doesn't want the stadium chanting Flacco, the first time DW throws a pick.

Winston is a fucking turnover machine.. Jesus Christ he fucking blows!

34 minutes ago, AP1 said:

For the record, I said I didn't want Flacco to see the field until the playoffs started because I was afraid he was going to get hurt before the playoffs started, or what we saw with him peaking during the regular season and fizzle out. Ideally I would have liked to see DTR get us to the Bengals game and have Flacco start the Bengals game as a tune up for the postseason. I did not like the way that last game was handled.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Neo said:

For the record, I said I didn't want Flacco to see the field until the playoffs started because I was afraid he was going to get hurt before the playoffs started, or what we saw with him peaking during the regular season and fizzle out. Ideally I would have liked to see DTR get us to the Bengals game and have Flacco start the Bengals game as a tune up for the postseason. I did not like the way that last game was handled.

I 100% agree that the Bengal game was a disaster. It killed four solid weeks of momentum. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well he sucks, and he's an asshole so I can see what Jimmy sees in him.

I think if you buy a Winston Jersey they throw in a rape kit and 5 lb of crab legs.

WSS

"But wait.....there's more...."

• Haha 1

Dumbest move since the Manziel draft pick.

Here I thought the front office was doing a great job in general. This is really baffling.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Traded a well-liked turnover machine at backup for a not well-liked turnover machine at backup.

Bold move, Cotton. 

At least apparently he's an extremely solid locker room guy. I could believe that to be true based on his personality.

To me this reeks of two things:

1) At the end of the day, Winston's game is very similar to what we saw Flacco do last season. High Risk, high reward (a la Favre) mentality. Candidly,  I see it strictly from a talent standpoint as a slight upgrade and of course a much younger player. Also, just being blunt Flacco gave me major "Fitzmagic" vibes. I get a strong feeling the FO felt the same way.

2) Don't underestimate this move being a sneaky way of protecting Watson. If QB1 comes out next year and looks crappy, the fan base would be rioting to have Flacco put in the game. Just won't happen with famous Jameis.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Dumbest move since the Manziel draft pick.

Here I thought the front office was doing a great job in general. This is really baffling.

This feels like an early April Fools joke from Tommy Chong or something.  Really?  😆 

That said, Crablegs Winston had better stats than Cheesecakes Mayfield when he got to throw to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.  He threw for 33 TDs and well over 5000 yards in only 16 games.  However, Cheesecakes didn't throw the 30 INTs Crablegs did so there is that...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

At least apparently he's an extremely solid locker room guy. I could believe that to be true based on his personality.

1) At the end of the day, Winston's game is very similar to what we saw Flacco do last season. High Risk, high reward (a la Favre) mentality. Candidly,  I see it strictly from a talent standpoint as a slight upgrade and of course a much younger player. Also, just being blunt Flacco gave me major "Fitzmagic" vibes. I get a strong feeling the FO felt the same way.

2) Don't underestimate this move being a sneaky way of protecting Watson. If QB1 comes out next year and looks crappy, the fan base would be rioting to have Flacco put in the game. Just won't happen with famous Jameis.

Good points, and my buddy who texted me that the Browns signed him made the same point that apparently Winston is really well-liked with his teammates.

And yes, you nailed it, there aren't going to be "WE WANT WINSTON!" chants at the Browns Stadium after the first incomplete pass by Watson, so there's that.

I'd much rather have Flacco, but there is the fun of the faux outrage from the Selective Morality Contigent that lives over on another forum and visits this forum from time to time, and that's always fun to witness, so there's that too... 🤣

And there's always the chance that Flacco is holding out hope someone gives him a legit shot at starting again... I just don't see it, but you never know. 

Stupid move?......only if you thought there was a chance of having a winning season. Pretty smart move....there is absolutely no chance of a qb controversy, no matter how bad Watson plays. With Flacco, there was a threat to further make the Watson trade look even worse than it already has.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

The big difference for me is.. Flacco can overcome his Int's... Winston falls completely apart at the seams with absolutely 0 ability to overcome his mistakes...

4 hours ago, AP1 said:

This is a solid explanation in combination with the locker room stuff, for a move I instantly disliked. Would have preferred a Brisset QB sneak type, to reduce injury risk to Watson. 

Will give JW a chance, although I genuinely hope he barely sees the field. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

This is a solid explanation in combination with the locker room stuff, for a move I instantly disliked. Would have preferred a Brisset QB sneak type, to reduce injury risk to Watson. 

Will give JW a chance, although I genuinely hope he barely sees the field. 

Only 2 QBs in the entire NFL have been accused of sexual assault and the Browns went and signed them both.... It's making it hard to support this team anymore... We're becoming the Raiders of the AFC North...

I don't know much about Winston, I'm just worried about Watson's shoulder and if it is going to heal properly and not be a nagging injury. I understand not wanting Flacco behind Watson as someone has said however, I would prefer someone who can come in and win games immediately. Flacco has proven that and I would be willing to give him another chance at the playoffs. I know he completely shit the bed but you can also attribute that to not playing that long with the players around him and not having a solid run game to take the pressure off of him. Our running game did ok but not like having a healthy workhorse like Chubb in the backfield, not to mention all the injuries on the O-Line.

As I've mentioned numerous times here, I am a Bucs and Browns fan.. I now live in a world where Baker Mayfield is my Bucs" QB and Lameis Winston is a QB on my Browns team..🥴

Dear God don't let him see the field.. He is an absolute Turn Over Machine

• Thanks 1

Year Team Games Passing Rushing Sacks Fumbles
GP GS Record Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A Lng TD Int Rtg Att Yds Avg Lng TD Sck SckY Fum Lost
2015 TB 16 16 6–10 312 535 58.3 4,042 7.6 68 22 15 84.2 54 213 3.9 21 6 27 190 6 2
2016 TB 16 16 9–7 345 567 60.8 4,090 7.2 45 28 18 86.1 53 165 3.1 14 1 35 239 10 6
2017 TB 13 13 3–10 282 442 63.8 3,504 7.9 70 19 11 92.2 33 135 4.1 17 1 33 207 15 7
2018 TB 11 9 3–6 244 378 64.6 2,992 7.9 64 19 14 90.2 49 281 5.7 18 1 27 157 7 3
2019 TB 16 16 7–9 380 626 60.7 5,109 8.2 71 33 30 84.3 59 250 4.2 26 1 47 282 12 5
2020 NO 4 0 7 11 63.6 75 6.8 19 0 0 83.5 8 −6 −0.8 3 0 2 11 0 0
2021 NO 7 7 5–2 95 161 59.0 1,170 7.3 72 14 3 102.8 32 166 5.2 20 1 11 69 2 1
2022 NO 3 3 1–2 73 115 63.5 858 7.5 51 4 5 79.5 5 16 3.2 6 0 11 74 3 0
2023 NO 7 0 25 47 53.2 264 5.6 30 2 3 57.4 5 −6 −1.2 −1 0 2 13 0 0
Career 93 80 34–46 1,763 2,882 61.2 22,104 7.7 72 141 99 87.0 298 1,214 4.1 26 11 195 1,242 55 24
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

As I've mentioned numerous times here, I am a Bucs and Browns fan.. I now live in a world where Baker Mayfield is my Bucs" QB and Lameis Winston is a QB on my Browns team..🥴

Dear God don't let him see the field.. He is an absolute Turn Over Machine

Well, I guess the stupid haslams figure that Winston should take some heat off watson.

Watch for both of them to get injured next season, and we can watch DTR take them to the playoffs.

and watch for the Bucs to upgrade their wr group, too.

btw....

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

dand watch for the Bucs to upgrade their wr group, too.

btw....

Shouldn't you be over here checking out their Orangeman Forum?😘 

https://www.bucsnation.com/

• Haha 3