THE BROWNS BOARD

Jameis Winston is a Brown

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Carolina is the worst team in the league. A 23-year-old Joe Namath couldn't win games there. And again he wouldn't give fuck number one about this if you weren't obsessed with cal.

WSS

More excuses.  And didn't Baker get 2 really easy wins against them in 2023?  That was the worst division in football so now you want to count what he can do against the worst division in football as the tell-all?  Ok... Any more cherry picking here?  Hey I live in the Tampa area - I can pick you up a Baker Mayfield jersey if you want me to.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

More excuses.  And didn't Baker get 2 really easy wins against them in 2023?  That was the worst division in football so now you want to count what he can do against the worst division in football as the tell-all?  Ok... Any more cherry picking here?  Hey I live in the Tampa area - I can pick you up a Baker Mayfield jersey if you want me to.

Hey kind of like some of the pussies here that bought Bernie Kosar Dallas or Miami jerseys?

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Carolina is the worst team in the league. A 23-year-old Joe Namath couldn't win games there. And again he wouldn't give fuck number one about this if you weren't obsessed with cal.

WSS

Nobody is obsessed with Cal.  He has, by his actions alone, turned himself into a very mockable, and unlikeable pariah. 

He's the worst of both worlds. 

- When he says something sensible, he'll beat you over the head with it when said sensibility comes to fruition. 

- When he says something inflammatory, but it's a 50/50... He's a belligerent asshole if the 50% falls in his favor.

- when he's a belligerent asshole and wrong on the 50% (Said Baker would be a  success in Carolina, wished the Browns would lose, etc etc) he's then quiet immediately and for the foreseeable future afterwards. 

Zero ability to measure his words or read the room and adjust accordingly.  Given his has hundreds, possibly even 4 figures worthy of empty threads on this site, often times with him bumping and talking to himself, a form of adult autism is a likely diagnosis here.  There is no higher functioning brain that acts or speaks in the manner he does in the digital world.   If this was a round table, set in a house and not a forum on the Internet, the body language and lack of engagement alone would see him dismissed from the table.  But, this is the Internet, and he has the ability to ignore the reality of what an in-person conversation would play out like with the same methods and topic.  

Baker is Baker. He's good enough, he's not NFL elite and my no metric has he ever been for any consistency.  The Browns took a gamble at something greater, a high risk bet I wouldn't have made.  But at least it made sense.    I don't hate Mayfield and I think it's weird if someone does.  But the pimping like he's a savior is annoying, especially when it's accompanied with the trolling.  There are, at any given point, only a few QBs in the NFL who can be 'that' guy. Baker isn't it.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  If the more inflammatory personalities reigned themselves in, they wouldn't find themselves being (rightfully) poked fun at. 

Edit:  Cal talking about Tvondre Sweat is a great example.  To business, no wasted words, no nonsense.  Nobody gives him shit for it.   Posters crack jokes at players the Browns passed up or let move on, but most aren't a dick about it. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/nfl-fans-react-deshaun-watson-massage-self-field/

The Browns are being laughed at around the league. sad.

A friend called, laughing, she asked if I had heard about the Browns' latest signing.

"Now they have two qb's who are guilty of sexual assault LOL LOL LOL LOL"

I'm stunned at the stupidity of these two moves.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Tiamses runs his darth vader mouth again? Anyone who doesn't kiss tiams's ass as a (fake) football God has to be run off the board?

Exactly as a said - to new members - if you don't join tiams' little football cult and agree with him all the time, he and his little troublemakers will try to get you run off the forum for your "failure to kiss their rears" fake "crimes". The arrogance is pretty sick.

I never start fires - Tiam and his little band of ninnies are the trouble, and it seems like they enjoy it.

Doesn't work with some of us, although a few have left permanently because of said troublemakers' hostility to own the forum, and their hostility over the other forum, which seems to be the real problem because they keep bringing it up.

Note - I have not said one thing to tiam much at all, and he butts in like a gay blade who wasn't smart enough to make it to the NFL and who demands to be a fake football "god" to compensate.

Another thread ruined.

Cal... I ignored all of the Village Idiots... You reap what you sow...

57 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Nobody is obsessed with Cal.  He has, by his actions alone, turned himself into a very mockable, and unlikeable pariah. 

He's the worst of both worlds. 

- When he says something sensible, he'll beat you over the head with it when said sensibility comes to fruition. 

- When he says something inflammatory, but it's a 50/50... He's a belligerent asshole if the 50% falls in his favor.

- when he's a belligerent asshole and wrong on the 50% (Said Baker would be a  success in Carolina, wished the Browns would lose, etc etc) he's then quiet immediately and for the foreseeable future afterwards. 

Zero ability to measure his words or read the room and adjust accordingly.  Given his has hundreds, possibly even 4 figures worthy of empty threads on this site, often times with him bumping and talking to himself, a form of adult autism is a likely diagnosis here.  There is no higher functioning brain that acts or speaks in the manner he does in the digital world.   If this was a round table, set in a house and not a forum on the Internet, the body language and lack of engagement alone would see him dismissed from the table.  But, this is the Internet, and he has the ability to ignore the reality of what an in-person conversation would play out like with the same methods and topic.  

Baker is Baker. He's good enough, he's not NFL elite and my no metric has he ever been for any consistency.  The Browns took a gamble at something greater, a high risk bet I wouldn't have made.  But at least it made sense.    I don't hate Mayfield and I think it's weird if someone does.  But the pimping like he's a savior is annoying, especially when it's accompanied with the trolling.  There are, at any given point, only a few QBs in the NFL who can be 'that' guy. Baker isn't it.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  If the more inflammatory personalities reigned themselves in, they wouldn't find themselves being (rightfully) poked fun at. 

Edit:  Cal talking about Tvondre Sweat is a great example.  To business, no wasted words, no nonsense.  Nobody gives him shit for it.   Posters crack jokes at players the Browns passed up or let move on, but most aren't a dick about it. 

I've said the same stuff. How many times do I have to repeat my opposition to Watson has nothing to do with it throughout the off the field antics. But the hatred of Mayfield is stupid. You should be more concerned that Todd fucking Bowles found a way to succeed but Kevin fucking Stefanski couldn't. So again you don't like Cal I get it; just don't read his shit if you can't control your anger or block him or whatever you decide to do. I know you don't like me so you just stay out of my way fine. Disappointing but fine.

WSS

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Nicks, I don't care how popular this is - you're a good guy.  Never once have you been disrespectful to me even when I busted your balls.  That said, when I do that - my intentions are to get you laughing as well.  Most of the time your biggest enemy is yourself; and it's usually when you say something out of frustration (because we know the Browns can do that to any of us at 1 time or another).  

Coincidentally, in this thread about Baker Mayfield - I'm eating strawberry cheesecake. FWIW, I don't mind Cheesecakes Mayfield.  Cal pretending he's always been a big fan of him is another story - and it's not exactly non-fictional.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/nfl-fans-react-deshaun-watson-massage-self-field/

A friend called, laughing, she asked if I had heard about the Browns' latest signing.

No wonder why you even need to bring your gun to Chuck E Cheese. Those little kids can be very intimidating...😁

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flugel said:

No wonder why you even need to bring your gun to Chuck E Cheese. Those little kids can be very intimidating...😁

She shoulda held out for $98mil.😁  $950,000 hardly even qualifies.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Nicks, I don't care how popular this is - you're a good guy.  Never once have you been disrespectful to me even when I busted your balls.  That said, when I do that - my intentions are to get you laughing as well.  Most of the time your biggest enemy is yourself; and it's usually when you say something out of frustration (because we know the Browns can do that to any of us at 1 time or another).  

Coincidentally, in this thread about Baker Mayfield - I'm eating strawberry cheesecake. FWIW, I don't mind Cheesecakes Mayfield.  Cal pretending he's always been a big fan of him is another story - and it's not exactly non-fictional.

Tom , I never had any issues with you.. I think you're a good dude.. The problem I have with some on here is they think they're God's gift to Football knowledge.. At the end of the day.. You go home to your family, Your bills and responsibilities and things that really matter.. It doesn't mean jack diddly when people are going hungry, People are battling terminal illnesses and other personal problems.. Football is just a temporary deviation or aversion from all of that.. Eventually.. You have to live in the now and what is truly pertinent to ones survival...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

You are the mayor of the village of idiots. 

You have to know this, right? 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

She shoulda held out for $98mil.😁  $950,000 hardly even qualifies.

Apparently sexual assault is a very serious thing to certain people here when it pertains to "running quarterbacks". 

It stops being a problem when it pertains to other "non-running quarterback" type people. 

Fascinating. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Apparently sexual assault is a very serious thing to certain people here when it pertains to "running quarterbacks". 

It stops being a problem when it pertains to other "non-running quarterback" type people. 

Fascinating. 

I think they'd both look adorable with red faces and strawberry blonde hair dressed in 1 extra large lawsuit.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Make Cleveland Great Again!  Thank you Calsies! 

• Haha 1

A decent enough signing.  We are talking back-up QB here, we aren't talking about a Watson replacement which is what some people seem to want.

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You should be more concerned that Todd fucking Bowles found a way to succeed but Kevin fucking Stefanski couldn't.

Interesting thought process.  Given that Stefanski and the Browns have/had...

- The same amount of playoff wins with Baker as the starting QB as Tampa. 

- The same amount of playoff wins despite Tampa having, as Cal put it, much better receivers.  

You should consider...

- Bakers numbers, in just about every metric save for INT %, are only marginally better in Tampa with a 17 game season then what they were in the Cleveland 2020 season. That's extrapolating that 2020 pace into a 17 game season and vice versa, the 2023 season into a 16 game grind.   With it, Baker himself improved as a QB, by only the smallest of margins.   That includes having one of the very best X, 50/50 outside receivers in the NFL the last 10 years.  

- Metrics marginally better although Baker is now on a team that went from being 4th in run percentage, to a team that is 19th.   He's being allowed to throw more... But the increase has been a huge "meh" 

- Turnover placement that is, by charts, oddly similar to the turnover markers, coverages and timings on the field from every other stop Baker has had along the way.  (downfield, at/inside the numbers.  Outside numbers at 10-15 yards) 

- Two additional coaching staffs who experienced the same struggles in their evaluations.   Tossing out the high and low results to find our median... McVay opting to not keep Baker as a longer-term solution should be rather telling. 

- Baker playing almost to a tee, the same way in Tampa that he did Cleveland.  If you reduce his attempts or increase them, he has responded proportionally.   Which means he flirts with the line of a top-15 QB in the right situation, and just outside the top 20 in a less favorable one. 

You should be concerned ....

-  Why you ever thought you'd be able to say something like that, to me, and not have it deconstructed to more accurately reflect what reality on the field really is.

You put your passion into music.

put mine into football.  

So again you don't like Cal I get it; just don't read his shit if you can't control your anger or block him or whatever you decide to do.

He's been blocked, I might uncover him on occasion in threads about the draft because he does contribute on off-chance, which is nice.  Beyond that,  I'm sure I'd have seen him chime in by now. 

I know you don't like me so you just stay out of my way fine. Disappointing but fine.

WSS

Sorry to disappoint.

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Interesting thought process.  Given that Stefanski and the Browns have/had...

- The same amount of playoff wins with Baker as the starting QB as Tampa. 

- The same amount of playoff wins despite Tampa having, as Cal put it, much better receivers.  

You should consider...

- Bakers numbers, in just about every metric save for INT %, are only marginally better in Tampa with a 17 game season then what they were in the Cleveland 2020 season. That's extrapolating that 2020 pace into a 17 game season and vice versa, the 2023 season into a 16 game grind.   With it, Baker himself improved as a QB, by only the smallest of margins.   That includes having one of the very best X, 50/50 outside receivers in the NFL the last 10 years.  

- Metrics marginally better although Baker is now on a team that went from being 4th in run percentage, to a team that is 19th.   He's being allowed to throw more... But the increase has been a huge "meh" 

- Turnover placement that is, by charts, oddly similar to the turnover markers, coverages and timings on the field from every other stop Baker has had along the way.  (downfield, at/inside the numbers.  Outside numbers at 10-15 yards) 

- Two additional coaching staffs who experienced the same struggles in their evaluations.   Tossing out the high and low results to find our median... McVay opting to not keep Baker as a longer-term solution should be rather telling. 

- Baker playing almost to a tee, the same way in Tampa that he did Cleveland.  If you reduce his attempts or increase them, he has responded proportionally.   Which means he flirts with the line of a top-15 QB in the right situation, and just outside the top 20 in a less favorable one. 

You should be concerned ....

-  Why you ever thought you'd be able to say something like that, to me, and not have it deconstructed to more accurately reflect what reality on the field really is.

You put your passion into music.

put mine into football.  

He's been blocked, I might uncover him on occasion in threads about the draft because he does contribute on off-chance, which is nice.  Beyond that,  I'm sure I'd have seen him chime in by now. 

Sorry to disappoint.

Just for the record I'm not really responding to you but the guys that have embarked on the Jihad against Mayfield because they don't like Cal. Stupid shit like equating a consensual pecadillo in a parking lot with 22 counts of sexual imposition. By the way I know you're brilliant with stats but I bet if I listed my 5 or 10 favorite players ever they wouldn't be the 5 or 10 highest in statistics. If they are for you buy yourself another couple dozen jerseys and change them everyday. So how come we don't do that? And how come we rooted for Balboa over Creed?

As far as my passion for music I love the stuff I love regardless of the stats. I can respect vocalists and or musicians that can do magic tricks but that's really not what moves me about the music. And if I have a hard time understanding how some guys like what they like over on Barbershop I don't try to tell them they're wrong.

But at the end of the day I don't think you are sorry to disappoint but I wish you were. You're a smart guy. Unlike some of the other people that are just assholes. 😄

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I assume you regularly spray your laptop with other fluids.

WSS

I guess my lack of interest in responding to you is pretty much the same reason tia doesn't bother with you... 

You are a moron.  

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record I'm not really responding to you but the guys that have embarked on the Jihad against Mayfield because they don't like Cal.
WSS

It's not a Jihad against Mayfield. Some of us just don't think he is a top 10 take you to the Superbowl kind of QB and get tired of cal blowing nothing but smoke about him on a Browns Board while using his moral standards to discuss the guy (now guys) who are Browns QBs. Wouldn't bother me if he applied the same standards of conduct over on the poliboard as he now does to them.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's not a Jihad against Mayfield. Some of us just don't think he is a top 10 take you to the Superbowl kind of QB and get tired of cal blowing nothing but smoke about him on a Browns Board while using his moral standards to discuss the guy (now guys) who are Browns QBs. Wouldn't bother me if he applied the same standards of conduct over on the poliboard as he now does to them.

The "you guys hate cal because of Baker" narrative is complete nonsense.

Cal is a bitch. He's always been a bitch. Stan couldn't stand him because he was always crying to him about so-and-so poster hurting his tender feelings. He's a bitch on nearly every topic he wastes everyone's time with typing his drivel. His moronic, juvenile posts that just wreak of someone with a massive inferiority complex goes far beyond Baker Mayfield posts, and easily pre-dates his arrival. But management is always here to come running to his aid, because apparently membership on that other forum has privileges. 

That's the truth... hope it doesn't disappoint anyone. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope he probably isn't. I've never said he was a first ballot Hall of Famer, nothing of the sort. I like the guy and in the proper situation he can win you some games. I've also said if they thought they could upgrade the position I could bite the bullet and live with it. But they didn't. And they threw away tons of resources and tons of money and heaped piles of Shame on the team. And that the guy that those snakes threw him under the bus for has been a piece of shit for the team. It all started with the dirty dealings in Houston continued with him lying to the Texans and to the Browns and the Texans flying to us and his shitty play after the suspension which was brought about by his own behavior. And who knew that he was fragile? That's just icing on the cake. So what's your point Tex?

WSS

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The "you guys hate cal because of Baker" narrative is complete nonsense.

Cal is a bitch. He's always been a bitch. Stan couldn't stand him because he was always crying to him about so-and-so poster hurting his tender feelings. He's a bitch on nearly every topic he wastes everyone's time with typing his drivel. His moronic, juvenile posts that just wreak of someone with a massive inferiority complex goes far beyond Baker Mayfield posts, and easily pre-dates his arrival. But management is always here to come running to his aid, because apparently membership on that other forum has privileges. 

That's the truth... hope it doesn't disappoint anyone. 

I come running to nobody's aid. I post the shit because I feel the same way and I'm honest about it. So if I call you I wannabe cocksucker please realize that I do so with the utmost respect for the absolutely nothing you bring to the discussion.

I've been saying the exact same shit about DeShaun Watson, that I said to Tex, since they made that stupid trade. And so far I've been right. By the way he's not a top 10 quarterback either. And not another team of the league (no matter how QB deficient they were) was willing to pay that kind of money. So fuck off.

WSS

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I come running to nobody's aid. I post the shit because I feel the same way and I'm honest about it. So if I call you I wannabe cocksucker please realize that I do so with the utmost respect for the absolutely nothing you bring to the discussion.

I've been saying the exact same shit about DeShaun Watson, that I said to Tex, since they made that stupid trade. And so far I've been right. By the way he's not a top 10 quarterback either. And not another team of the league (no matter how QB deficient they were) was willing to pay that kind of money. So fuck off.

WSS

For Cleveland Mayfield went 29-30 for games started in 4 years.

For Cleveland Watson is 8-4 for games started in 2 years.

I'd say the jury is still out for 2 more years before you can make a decision about whether Watson is the better (or worse) Browns QB of the two.

You and cal both decided he was worse from the getgo. Only time will tell whether you were both right or wrong.

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

The bigger head scratcher is our FO choosing Crablegs over Fields.  Crablegs threw 33 TDs to 30 INTs (barely a TD:INT ratio of 1:1)the year before they problem solved that with Tom Brady.  I live in the region that covers TB so I saw a lot of those ending up as Pick 6s even though the guy threw for over 5000 yards.  INTs (especially the pick 6s) are a killer as we saw in our playoff game.

Fields is going to get a raising star at TE and a much improved running game Plus whatever WRs they they get in what looks like a deep WR draft.  Chicago is so dumb - they'll probably give Pittsburgh DJ Moore for a bag of stale potato chips and a Walmart Cola.

Joyous topic.. so back to the title

Jameis has not signed a Browns contract as of Sunday..

With Watson’s shoulder rehab only starting any kind of throwing soon and offseason activities starting in Berea in April, adding another quarterback makes sense. With Winston not signing yet, Cleveland only has Dorian Thompson-Robinson and Huntley at the quarterback position.

#Browns have agreed to terms with former #Ravens QB Tyler Huntley

Tyler Huntley is only signing a veteran’s minimum contract meaning he is competing for a roster spot at best and is a training camp arm at worst:

So how long should AB have Cabot wait for busy Jameis Winston?

• Haha 1