THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

Marko my point is they Dont even call it in HIGH SCHOOL Half the Time. If he needs fined FINE him. If he needs Warned that the Next Fine will have suspension attached then Warn him now. But if So... It better be enforced LEAGUE Wise.... for ever Flagged an Un~flagged event.

I'm going by what I see by watching nearly every game on every Sunday. I've seen guys flagged for a whole lot less than what Harrison did. Based on the fact that they continue to show his hit, plus the one on Heap, plus the one on Jackson in Philly tells me that it's not just Browns fans who think the hit should've been flagged based on the rules that the league has imposed this year to protect defenseless players.

I never thought suspension until I heard it on the NBC pregame show last night and now have read that they are reviewing the hit. I'll be shocked if it isn't fined (I don't think Harrison did himself any favors with his comments today) and a suspension wouldn't be a complete surprise but I don't think that will happen.

The NFL decided that they need to protect receivers who are defenseless this year, hence the penalty and fine on Ward for the hit on Shipley...he hit him in the head, but did it with his shoulder but Shipley was just as defenseless as Massaquoi and it was potentially an even bigger catch...Shipley was in the end zone. Like it or not..those are the new rules this year.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would need that luck... but any of our Browns wouldn't need it.

Remember when Pollygirlieman was tackled by his hair once? He went berserk.

It's okay to be rough only if it suits the steelers...

said the referees....

Cheaters Cheaters...LOL> Endless Lunacy by you Dude. I have an Idea QUIT WATCHING man...if you Believe that Crap just quit. Dang if I felt that way , I would have NOTHING to do with the NFL. But thats NOT the case you dont buy that Crap. You`re just a Bitter Fan... used abused neglected and let down , over and Over to the point of being a Whiny Kindergarten Kid.

I'm going by what I see by watching nearly every game on every Sunday. I've seen guys flagged for a whole lot less than what Harrison did. Based on the fact that they continue to show his hit, plus the one on Heap, plus the one on Jackson in Philly tells me that it's not just Browns fans who think the hit should've been flagged based on the rules that the league has imposed this year to protect defenseless players.

I never thought suspension until I heard it on the NBC pregame show last night and now have read that they are reviewing the hit. I'll be shocked if it isn't fined (I don't think Harrison did himself any favors with his comments today) and a suspension wouldn't be a complete surprise but I don't think that will happen.

The NFL decided that they need to protect receivers who are defenseless this year, hence the penalty and fine on Ward for the hit on Shipley...he hit him in the head, but did it with his shoulder but Shipley was just as defenseless as Massaquoi and it was potentially an even bigger catch...Shipley was in the end zone. Like it or not..those are the new rules this year.

THEN ENFORCE IT ...EDUCATE >>> It . EVERY-TIME WITHOUT FAIL. AS Eric Allen said " YOU KNOW WHATS Coming ...Protect yourself"

You`re a Bitter little baby... Spending a freak day and half Bitching like somebody`s ex~Wife. Embarrassing display of manhood

who's bitter? i love the browns and will root for them till i can't choke/breathe anymore, but they're not the end-all of my life dude. just because someone points out fact to you don't get your panties all bunched. if you say that giving an opinion about certain plays from yesterday and the repercussions that might follow is bitching then.................i guess i'm bitchin. BTW your grammar and spelling has fallen off since yesterday i guess you're finally coming down from the poppers.

Dolphins safety Yeremiah Bell(notes) wonders if the NFL is getting “too strict” about tackles involving the helmet.

“As a defensive player, you have to think about how you hit somebody now, which is totally ridiculous to me,” Bell said. “You’re trying to get a guy down. Sometimes you get caught leading with your helmet. When you’re going to tackle a guy full speed, you can’t really think, ‘Oh, I have to hit this guy a certain way.’ You have to get him down as best you can. Sometimes it’s helmet to helmet, which guys aren’t trying to do, but that’s just the way it is. It’s part of the game.”

Eagles coach Andy Reid saw the Jackson-Robinson collision from close range.

“That was a tough one there from both sides,” Reid said Monday. “The league has put a lot of emphasis on removing the helmet out of the contact point, in particular around the chin or neck area. But some of these are bang-bang.

I agree...they should enforce it. The hit by Harrison should've been called when he hit Massaquoi. That's a referee problem, not a league problem.

The NFL passed rules Wednesday to further protect defenseless players, including ball carriers who lose their helmet during a play. Seven of eight overall rules proposals were adopted.

The key rules change for player safety bars a defenseless player from being hit in the head or neck area by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact. Previously, those kind of tackles were banned against receivers who couldn't protect themselves, but now it will apply to everyone.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ety-rules_N.htm

Sometimes you get caught leading with your helmet. When you’re going to tackle a guy full speed, you can’t really think, ‘Oh, I have to hit this guy a certain way.’ You have to get him down as best you can.

too bad he doesn't realize the difference between a hit and a tackle.

I agree...they should enforce it. The hit by Harrison should've been called when he hit Massaquoi. That's a referee problem, not a league problem.

The NFL passed rules Wednesday to further protect defenseless players, including ball carriers who lose their helmet during a play. Seven of eight overall rules proposals were adopted.

The key rules change for player safety bars a defenseless player from being hit in the head or neck area by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact. Previously, those kind of tackles were banned against receivers who couldn't protect themselves, but now it will apply to everyone.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...ety-rules_N.htm

If thats How they wanna Roll... Put the word out and Start the Crackdown. But Do it EVERY-TIME... Not like they Suspend Players for other stuff. Him yes , Him No .... Make the rules Concrete and Put and End to the Bitching. DO the Crime Do the Time. I go on Record as saying it will Further Hurt Defenses against the Elite Offenses. And Further make GREAT Offensive Teams ... the Ones winning SUPER BOWLS. You wont see the NY Giant team or Baltimore or Bears Team ever winning S. Bowls... Its will be the High Powered Offenses.

And thats just NOT Football... its Canadian~Like Football maybe...

Once again you simple xxxx because you and I already hashed this out once I didn't say anything about Shipley. I didn't watch that game, didn't see the hit and don't believe players should be penalized for playing aggressively. You routinely lump every Steeler fan in to the same boat. Last I checked I'm the only one here posting under this moderator altered name. I'll wait for my apology you simple xxxx.

Exactly I didnt see ONE Steeler Fan Knock TJ WARD. In Fact several of us said we Like the Kid and would love to have him in the Burgh. These Pussies make up so much BS ... BITTER BITTER BITTER... its so much like a Woman at "That time of the Month"... Go get some testosterone injected and become MEN Again.

maybe it's just me...but an article in USA Today from this past May is putting the word out.

Maybe you dorks in pisspuke don't get the newspaper.

I heard this Crap like THREE yrs ago. But its not Consistent. And so much of it is Judgement... I dont know man.

If it were mendinfall that got tanked like that by rubin you can bet your ass there was a flag and maybe even an expulsion from the game...

With that said the players get paid to win by any means necessary so in the end its the refs who are not calling this shit to begin with and the penalty needs to go up dramatically for intentional helm to helm..

Can we talk about fining and suspending shitty refs that dont do their jobs now?

Refs Refs Refs.... See.... thats BS Whining... You always go to the The NFL Cheats for you Card...LOL. Ya thats why we get TDs called back... all kinds of Stuff to Overcome. The NFL is "Covering their tracks ...right ?" Gips ... BS Bitter Crying.... over and over. I respect the BROWNS...BUT NOT the LARGE Faction of Pussy Fans who are obsessed with Discrediting The Steelers as their MAIN Thought Process. Face It The Rooneys have Built a Organization Respected and admired League WIDE. Network wide... Except in Bitter-Bitchville aka Brownsland. EVERY Week you hear the Praise for the Pittsburgh Steelers Orginization... and It Eats your very Soul. Sad little Soul thats is left.

You SOUND like and ass EVERYTIME you go there. RichForEagle has you guys PEGGED... he has deserted you due to intense Embarrassment. there is NO Conspiracy Gippy , only delusional Estrogen Filled "Men" ?? ...Like you. Bitter and Pathitic...

I Know you a Flamming Queer.... Its ok though , You cant help what you are miketoxicshock... B) Your posts have Outted you.

if not for anything else you do have a sense of humor. too bad your views are skewed in one direction in alliance with your team. yeah but that's what we're all guilty of here.

oh BTW see you at the Rawhide around 11-ish?

isn't it funny how steelers trolls have to spend 30 hours straight after the game trying to sway opinion, and if they cant get someone to agree they call names like they were in middle school. it really shows their iq

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Thats a Dumb-ass statement... dont start dumb-ass S*** about "The Officials Cheat ... blaaa blaaa" Its total BS Dude. I have Watched the Steelers for decades we get LOTS Of Calls on us . Including those. Good Lord your ridiculous ...seriously !

DUMB ASS! I watched the super bowl in 05! I watched you fags get so many calls in that game alone. You must be blind if you don't see the "special treatment" So there is no need to argue with a douche

DUMB ASS! I watched the super bowl in 05! I watched you fags get so many calls in that game alone. You must be blind if you don't see the "special treatment" So there is no need to argue with a douche

Did you remember the Steelers@ Colts game in the divisional round of the playoffs that year? It's a simple question that just needs a yes or no answer.

Why are you avoiding the question? You obviously have something to hide. When I ask an easy question someone can't answer I know I'm right. B)

First off your a steeler fan so your not right. second I said the super bowl in 05 first so who is avoiding the question? third I don't care about that game because it wont change the fact that you fags got a super bowl win handed to you

First off your a steeler fan so your not right. second I said the super bowl in 05 first so who is avoiding the question? third I don't care about that game because it wont change the fact that you fags got a super bowl win handed to you

So you don't ask a question then excuse me of avoiding the question....Speaks volumes toward your intelligence level.....

It's simple. You know the calls overwhelmingly favored the Colts that game. You know the Steelers got screwed on the worst replay reversal to ever be made in the NFL. You just don't want to admit it.

Archived