THE BROWNS BOARD

Head-to-Head Hits & New Rule Discussion

ATENEARS

Rodney Harrison a notorious head hunter and formerly voted "Dirtiest player in the NFL" has a lot of room to comment on the issue. Harrison will not be suspended and I can't believe people are calling for it. I guess everyone wants a bitch ass football league to watch every Sunday. It's bad enough with the Retarded QB contact flags, let's eliminate hard tackles too. Pretty soon we will have flags. The only reason any of you simpletons are crying is because two Browns went down this Sunday.

Hope a few of your players get unfair hits on them in the near future just for the sake that you can be in our position.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are so xxxxing full of shit it's not even funny.... Remember 2 weeks ago when you were crying like a little bitch about TJ Wards hit on Shipley... I said this: " YOU LIMP DICK FAGGOTS WOULD NOT EVEN SNEEZE AT THIS IF IT WERE HINESY WARD LAYING THE HIT "

Harrison, Ward... Same douche bag in my opinion.

Same as you.

Once again you simple xxxx because you and I already hashed this out once I didn't say anything about Shipley. I didn't watch that game, didn't see the hit and don't believe players should be penalized for playing aggressively. You routinely lump every Steeler fan in to the same boat. Last I checked I'm the only one here posting under this moderator altered name. I'll wait for my apology you simple xxxx.

Hope a few of your players get unfair hits on them in the near future just for the sake that you can be in our position.

What changed your tune? Because you now realize using Rodney Harrison as some sort of authority on the issue is not only moronic but IRONIC? It's Football, violent hits happen. I have a problem with horse collars, I have a problem with blatant cheap shots after the whistle or when the ball is clearly out of play but i DON"T have a problem with guys playing aggressively and trying to win ball games. All the NFL is doing now is neutering defenses. You know that guy you all are quickly falling in love with by the name of Ward? who shares the same number as Troy. He'll be altering his game if a new rule is put in place and it's a damn shame. We're fans of the NFL, fans of violence, aggression and competition. Start throwing out all these bullshit rules and you alter the course of the game forever. Truthfully you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's the xxxxing NFL! Christ.

The reason why it should've been flagged and why it will probably be fined is the new rule that they're protecting the defenseless receivers a lot more this year and Massaquoi was completely defenseless at the point of contact and he was hit in the head.

It's the same reason why Ward was penalized and fined for his hit on shipley....he didn't hit with his head, he hit Shipley with a shoulder, but Shipley was defenseless and he was hit in the head.

Marko ...If you dont Hit MoMass... he Catches ball and Gains ?? God knows how many yards.... I woulda hit him too. Its unfortunate he was blasted in the Head , but a REAL TIME SPEED... its hard to make adjustments. I am sure Harrsion doesnt WANT His own head exploded either. Its Football... I wouldnt have fined Ward either.... hes a Beastly young player , playing the Game like it was to be played . With wreckless Abandon !

Besides, we play them again in Cleveland. If the game is not going well, I say rough the rapist until every defender is ejected. They (Steelers and their borderline mentally handicapped fans) are situated so far up Big Ben's rectum, it would be fun to watch him carted off the field with fractured everythings.

Harrison needs to have the same kind of justice from our o-line. It would do wonders for team unity, if for the first time ever, a team had no players left due to ejection.

The good thing for you is that you know that when someone goes helmet to helmet on BR and you lose him to concussion it will be no great loss, as you know you can certainly win without him.

QBs are a Protected species already ...big Risk for a player to go there.

They hardly ever call a helmet to helmet penalty against Pissburgh. That ape wont even get fined.

Thats a Dumb-ass statement... dont start dumb-ass S*** about "The Officials Cheat ... blaaa blaaa" Its total BS Dude. I have Watched the Steelers for decades we get LOTS Of Calls on us . Including those. Good Lord your ridiculous ...seriously !

whbja8.jpg

He really is a nice guy.

His Nickname in the Clubhouse is "Debo" .. he is NOT Nice. No duh... Neither were MANY Great Defensive Players in NFL History... Kent State guy Akron Hoban Kid... You guys could have him being a Menace right Now... tsk tsk tsk ... As for the rest of you Dumb~Bo`s whining Roid this and Roid that ....You DO Know the players get TESTED for "Roids" Right ? I dont Remember James getting Pinched ....Geeezzzz...( Its like talking to a Preschool class )

Besides, we play them again in Cleveland. If the game is not going well, I say rough the rapist until every defender is ejected. They (Steelers and their borderline mentally handicapped fans) are situated so far up Big Ben's rectum, it would be fun to watch him carted off the field with fractured everythings.

Harrison needs to have the same kind of justice from our o-line. It would do wonders for team unity, if for the first time ever, a team had no players left due to ejection.

Your a Bitter lil` Beeeyotch ... Your team is on the Rise... Just Win dude. Thats the best way to piss Pittsburgh off Beat them...

Your a Bitter lil` Beeeyotch ... Your team is on the Rise... Just Win dude. Thats the best way to piss Pittsburgh off Beat them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dwkco7uuM

Please watch. Hopefully coming soon.

Bitter, probably not the right word. Mad, pissed, vengeful, violent, would all fit much better. I rather enjoy the new Browns that actually show up to play games now. I like watching them again. I hate the Steelers and most, if not all of their arrogant, dim-witted, and like I said before, borderline mentally handicapped, (though I think it may have something to due with your location geographically, so possibly not your fault)fans.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dwkco7uuM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dwkco7uuM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dwkco7uuM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

coming soon.

Interesting... is that Swahili ???

Interesting... is that Swahili ???

Why do you have over 2,000 posts on a Browns forum? Is that your life's work? Are you that in need of a hobby that you must feel the urge to be a douche on the internet? You must have one of the most pleasurable existences the world has ever seen.

Fact is, I am not as computer savvy as some. I am not privy to the embedding of youtube videos, for that, I sincerely apologize. However, if you would love to spend some of your, and I know it is a lot to ask, seeming as if you are probably more busy than Obama, time on the teachings of embedding videos, I would certainly be eternally grateful.

What changed your tune? Because you now realize using Rodney Harrison as some sort of authority on the issue is not only moronic but IRONIC? It's Football, violent hits happen. I have a problem with horse collars, I have a problem with blatant cheap shots after the whistle or when the ball is clearly out of play but i DON"T have a problem with guys playing aggressively and trying to win ball games. All the NFL is doing now is neutering defenses. You know that guy you all are quickly falling in love with by the name of Ward? who shares the same number as Troy. He'll be altering his game if a new rule is put in place and it's a damn shame. We're fans of the NFL, fans of violence, aggression and competition. Start throwing out all these bullshit rules and you alter the course of the game forever. Truthfully you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's the xxxxing NFL! Christ.

Wow ...Well Put Homo... TJ Ward would be a quintessential STEELER. Go out and do what you need to to win. More Rules to Further Hinder Defense and Pussify the Game will Lead to game s of 65-49 ARENA BALL will be in the Stadiums. Play Football... Clay Matthews Rocked a few Helmets back in the Day ... As Did Butkis ... LT the Linebacker... Lambert... Tatum... Name the Great ones . Its a game of Violence. Always has been...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dwkco7uuM

Please watch. Hopefully coming soon.

Bitter, probably not the right word. Mad, pissed, vengeful, violent, would all fit much better. I rather enjoy the new Browns that actually show up to play games now. I like watching them again. I hate the Steelers and most, if not all of their arrogant, dim-witted, and like I said before, borderline mentally handicapped, (though I think it may have something to due with your location geographically, so possibly not your fault)fans.

Dude your just a Hater... And ALL of those words go right back to MUCH of the Browns Fan~base. BITTER is indeed the word. NOT Being mean .. I respect the Browns and their History. I respect the way you guys stick with them. But the twisted thought process driven by Bitterness. Its sad ...sad ...sad... And by the way I was AT That Game Bradshaw got Dumped on his head... I was a Kid... It was scary. I knew then that the NFL was indded a Violent game.

Why do you have over 2,000 posts on a Browns forum? Is that your life's work? Are you that in need of a hobby that you must feel the urge to be a douche on the internet? You must have one of the most pleasurable existences the world has ever seen.

Fact is, I am not as computer savvy as some. I am not privy to the embedding of youtube videos, for that, I sincerely apologize. However, if you would love to spend some of your, and I know it is a lot to ask, seeming as if you are probably more busy than Obama, time on the teachings of embedding videos, I would certainly be eternally grateful.

Its over YEARS Retardo... and what do i average 4 a day ... Geez. Your New dont know me... I speak truth and DONT Rub salt into wounds. I respect you guys. So dont go there ... cuz you are clueless on that .

Dude your just a Hater... And ALL of those words go right back to MUCH of the Browns Fan~base. BITTER is indeed the word. NOT Being mean .. I respect the Browns and their History. I respect the way you guys stick with them. But the twisted thought process driven by Bitterness. Its sad ...sad ...sad... And by the way I was AT That Game Bradshaw got Dumped on his head... I was a Kid... It was scary. I knew then that the NFL was indded a Violent game.

..And that goes right back to, why are you here?

Anyhow, I don't believe I said anything about fining or suspending Harrison. I do however, want someone on the Browns to retaliate. But if that hit Turkey laid out on Bradshaw were to be played out on Ben, you know you'd be screaming bloody murder. Just about every fan of Pitt would be.

Wow ...Well Put Homo... TJ Ward would be a quintessential STEELER. Go out and do what you need to to win. More Rules to Further Hinder Defense and Pussify the Game will Lead to game s of 65-49 ARENA BALL will be in the Stadiums. Play Football... Clay Matthews Rocked a few Helmets back in the Day ... As Did Butkis ... LT the Linebacker... Lambert... Tatum... Name the Great ones . Its a game of Violence. Always has been...

So maybe we should all give the players swords too.... :rolleyes:

Since its a game of violence and all

Marko ...If you dont Hit MoMass... he Catches ball and Gains ?? God knows how many yards.... I woulda hit him too. Its unfortunate he was blasted in the Head , but a REAL TIME SPEED... its hard to make adjustments. I am sure Harrsion doesnt WANT His own head exploded either. Its Football... I wouldnt have fined Ward either.... hes a Beastly young player , playing the Game like it was to be played . With wreckless Abandon !

That's great and all...but those aren't the rules are they? The rules are to protect the defenseless player this year and they just said on the ESPN pregame show that this hit should've been a penalty.

And it's not football anymore...they have figured out that they need to protect the players more.

Anyhow, I don't believe I said anything about fining or suspending Harrison. I do however, want someone on the Browns to retaliate. But if that hit Turkey laid out on Bradshaw were to be played out on Ben, you know you'd be screaming bloody murder. Just about every fan of Pitt would be.

you have 10 posts... Jack***... I was invited here By my Friends (Browns fans from work ) Years ago... And Guess what I post on Two Steeler Sites as well. And in case your Tech~Challenged ...did you know you too can surf MORE Than one site at the SAME TIME ?? Seriously Forrest ... go ask your Mama. You have TEN posts LOL hilarious.

ITS FOOTBALL... If ya Break a rule $$$$ Its your Choice. And Ben get hit late more than any QB around without Flags... Along with McNabb , ask anyone whos watch a lot od Bens games . Hes Big and Strong and the Refs just seem to Shrug the Shoulders. If You chose to head hunt...$$$$ and Do it enough and You SIT. Point is those were Football Hits ( Unless your NOT A Former Football Player) I Heard Eric Allen say twice today "Its a Violent game , you Know what your in for" When asked if Harrison's hit was outta line... The League doesn't need to be pussified... too many Fans are already.

The problem I see with Harrison's hit is that he does not even attempt to use his arms to make a tackle. Its the same thing with the Cribb's hit, He is not trying to make a tackle he is just trying to hurt someone. I also think the Ward hit from last week was illegal as well. I like big hits as much as anyone but these kind of hits should not be tolerated. When a player just throws himself into another player leading with his shoulder or helmet without trying to actually tackle, that should be an illegal hit!

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ht_end_ben.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns tight end Ben Watson called for the NFL to impose the maximum penalty against Steelers' linebacker James Harrison for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi.

"The one against Mohamed was illegal,'' said Watson. "I can’t judge his character, I can judge his conduct. It was an illegal hit. He led with his head, he hit Mo right in the head, he dove at his head. It was an illegal play. Whether he meant to hurt him or not, I can’t comment on that. It was illegal and the league should take care of him with the max, whatever it is. If it's a suspension, if it’s a fine, then I hope the league does whatever they can do.''

Harrison knocked both Massaquoi and Josh Cribbs out of Sunday's 28-10 loss to the Steelers with vicious blows to the head. Both suffered concussions and are uncertain for Sunday's game in New Orleans.

"We'll see where we are going into next week,'' said coach Eric Mangini. "It could be not only the loss for the second half of this game, a four-point game in the third quarter, but it could also carry over into the bye week.''

Harrison's hit on Cribbs was legal, according to an NFL spokesman, and the NFL is in the process of reviewing his helmet-to-helmet smash on Massaquoi.

Specifically, the NFL stated, "Cribbs was a runner. Helmet contact on running plays is not prohibited."

In the aftermath of those hits and another collision between the Eagles' DeSean Jackson and Falcons' Dunta Robinson, NFL executive director of football operations Ray Anderson told the Associated Press that the NFL could start suspending players for the dangerous hits.

"Going forward, there are certain hits that occurred will be more susceptible to suspension,'' Anderson said.

Watson would be fine if Harrison has to sit out a game.

"Essentially he broke the rules and by him breaking the rules, one of our players was hurt,'' said Watson. "And again, I hope the NFL does the max, whatever the max is, I hope they give it to him.''

Archived