Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

totally. shows you his age.

Erie Dawg is an ignorant fool and I'm not sure what you are. Sometimes you're alright but usually you sound a bit like you're on a three day meth bender. Whether you Like it or not dancin' Trent is a colt now. Sack up and realize it. The only way out is through.

By the way you're all crying because an exceedingly average football player got traded! Is this really how empty your life is?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude WE are not crying. get it?

you just keep stickin the knife in PoG's side.

we all know the guy is gone but can you let the dude have his 'mourning period' for christs' sake.

you sound like a bully on the playground. nah nah nahnah nah.

The trade will be bad for the Browns. I was listening to NFL radio and basically D'qwell, and Joe Thomas are upset about this trade. THey are both leaders on the team and you know the locker room is a buzz about it. TRich was well liked and players respected him for playing hurt. Another thing is Dmitiri Patterson has been saying he was cut not because of his play but because he was telling Browns players not to trust Banner. That Banner was a snake. What do you think players are thinking of Banner now? If a Free Agent wants to sign with the Browns you don't think they'll talk to players on the team? Or former Players?

Now as far as TRich's play is concerned, its comparable to other rookie rb's who had good careers. You can't judge a player on 18 gms. Especially a rb. Lets look at some numbers of other backs in first 18gms.

First TRich's numbers

Last year 267 att 950yrds 3.6ypc 11tds 51 rec 367yrds 1td

Emmit Smith

1990® 241att 937yrds 3.9ypc 11td 24rec 228yrds 0tds

1991 led NFL in rushing

Rickey WIlliams

1999® 253att 884yrds 3.5ypc 2tds 28rec 172yrds 0tds

2000 first 2 games: 44att 134yrds 3.04ypc 0tds

YPC for a HOF RB his first 3 season 4.1, 3.7, 3.0

That RB was Marshal Faulk

LaDamian Thomilson averaged less than 4.0 ypc in 5 seasons (no they werent all at the end of his career)

Jerome Bettis avg 3.9ypc for his career in 13 seasons he only went over 4.0ypc 4 times and he's a HOF

Walter Payton 1975® 196att 679yrds 7tds 33rec 213yrds 0tds

first game of 1976 25att 70 yrds 2.8ypc

So you can't call Trich a bust. You can't judge him on 18 gms. You fit the system to the players not the other way around. TRich was making 2-3mill a yr so he wasn't hurting the bottom line. As far as not being versatile look at his receptions last year he had 51, look at the other rb's listed he had more receptions than any of them as a rookie except faulk had 52. Thomilson, Emmitt, and Rickey Williams all played under Turner before and Smith, and Williams running styles were similar to Trents. This trade was about Lombardi's and Banners ego. So without knowing how TRich will turn out and the trade causing strife with the players they made this trade. This will come back and bite the Browns.

but people can do the same about weeden. And its a harder position to play. I bet weedens numbers don't stack up to anyone great thru only 17 games

There are some very valid points in there...

If everybody protested the browns for trading trent.... Would they bring him back? Has it ever happened before? Is it time?

They would do this during an away game as well, just so we couldn't do anything about it. Just like they did Paul Brown. When is enough, enough? We should strike, and get our Running Back back.

What would it cost? Would the Commish have to make an executive order? Rescind the trade... Then what would happen in Cleveland, would they play him? My head hurts...

Really, Cleveland should do something. This is unprecedented. It's nothing like taking the team from us, but it's still shiesty as fuck.

LOL, you haven't figured out yet Banner looks like a weasel? Take this caveat from an oldster- don't fall in love with a particular player, it will come back to haunt you.

PG, you have to realize most of the time I try to be the voice of reason around here- and regarding Trent- you just have to let it go. His ship has sailed to another port, never to return. Sure, we were upset when Belichick shit-canned Kosar- but at least Bernie had made a couple of Pro Bowls prior.

@ #3 overall Trent was drafted to be the next Adrian Peterson - I hate to tell you he's not, and in all probability never will be. Trent DOES NOT have elite speed or burst. Or besides, did you ignore some of those film breakdowns where he missed holes big enough to drive a car through? I doubt Chud and Banner did though.

So it is what it is- and who in hell knows if Dumbtardi has suddenly got it together to use all those draft picks we've stockpiled come May. If the Trent pick we got from the Colts and our #1 get us the next Joe Montana, this trade will look a little different. Too bad right now it pretty much throws the 2013 season in the tank.

and who in hell knows if Dumbtardi has suddenly got it together to use all those draft picks we've stockpiled come May. If the Trent pick we got from the Colts and our #1 get us the next Joe Montana, this trade will look a little different. Too bad right now it pretty much throws the 2013 season in the tank.

and if they totally screw the 2014 draft up there will unmitigated outrageous call for lopping off both their heads.

dude WE are not crying. get it?

you just keep stickin the knife in PoG's side.

we all know the guy is gone but can you let the dude have his 'mourning period' for christs' sake.

you sound like a bully on the playground. nah nah nahnah nah.

Problem is Mik- PG is a damn easy target, having unrealistic expectations about a particular player. And I give him huge props for sticking to his guns. There's perception- and then there's reality. PG is a McCoy and Cribbs fanboy too, Remember? Colt's not going to see the field again unless Kaepernic gets hurt- and to the best of my knowledge Cribbis is now sitting by the phone waiting for a call.

and if they totally screw the 2014 draft up there will unmitigated outrageous call for lopping off both their heads.

Amen, Bro- Banner already has his head on the chopping block- twice- once for hiring Dumbtardi, and now ostensibly throwing the season in the tank on a wing and a prayer.

Fer sure, should the Browns pull another 4-12 in 2014 Truck Stop Jimmy will take them out to a Flying J and have a semi run them both over- assuming he's not in jail by then. :)

Problem is Mik- PG is a damn easy target, having unrealistic expectations about a particular player. And I give him huge props for sticking to his guns. There's perception- and then there's reality. PG is a McCoy and Cribbs fanboy too, Remember? Colt's not going to see the field again unless Kaepernic gets hurt- and to the best of my knowledge Cribbis is now sitting by the phone waiting for a call.

yeah. i know. but we all have a little of that in ourselves. for some reason i really liked william green. was hoping he could play at the next level which we found out o soon he couldn't but at least he was one of only 2 to 3 players ever to walk up to a steelers player and punch him in the grill. that fucker joey porter. i could care less that he got cut. that moment in time sealed the deal for me.

and of course (i've heard.....wasn't here then) the drama between the brady queef fans and the DA fans.

so we can't call out PoG for stickin by his player. we've all ranted about our faves in the past whether they were good or not.

what a whiny, petulant bitch

don't jump on the kick PoG bandwagon bro, cuz i'll lose all respect which i have much.

wish i could meet you bra underneath the bridge on the the 29th. sure we would be toast by 10 AM. but if you go, get there early cuz the package i sent have some good and bad prints so first come first serve. muthafuckas.

Amen, Bro- Banner already has his head on the chopping block- twice- once for hiring Dumbtardi, and now ostensibly throwing the season in the tank on a wing and a prayer.

Fer sure, should the Browns pull another 4-12 in 2014 Truck Stop Jimmy will take them out to a Flying J and have a semi run them both over- assuming he's not in jail by then. :)

i think the overall consensus swirling around this whole week is how much browns' fans HAVE to love their team for putting up with all the Retarded shit that would lead other fans to put paper bags over their heads.

it's a tough game. cleveland is a tough town. we WILL get through this cuz we are the toughest fans inside and out.

AND

one day (hopefully in my lifetime) we WILL learn how to PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!

I choose that the colts get ripped off for the simple fact that we received a 1st round pick for non first round talent RIGHT NOW!!!! Hahaha its not like the guy was offensive rookie of the year. As a matter of fact he wasn't even in the five finalists. Is that too much to ask for the#3 overall pick. Now we've got two shots at a ROTY instead of one.

And I truly will never believe that the Colts woulda taken a RB with 2014 round 1 pick.

what a bunch of dopes browns fans have become, let alone the faggots that still brng up uni change.

i don't care if everyone and their mother is running the read option or spread your mother's legs offense. this is still the AFCN. you nee to be able to run the ball when the winds off lake erie are whipping around 30 mph and the sleet is coming in horizontally.

what a bunch of pussies. we should be punching people in their chin yet everyone wants to dance the tango. sure you need a strong armed QB who isn't dumb and doesn't stare down his receivers and can take a hit and can read defenses (that's why this trade will be a bust cuz there is no QB out there right now like that).

OL!OL!RB!OL!CB!CB!S!S!WR!WR! get those players and shep (in pink tights) could play QB in this league.

Everyone is so quick to glorify the hard-nosed, tough AFC North teams.

"This is the AFC North, brother. Where men are men and eat steel sandwiches and shit brick buildings. We play in 70 MPH swirling winds off Lake Erie and battle through 10 ft. Deep snow storms. Passing the ball is for pussies and we'll show the league with our hard nosed, run between the tackles team and bruising RB's."

The 12 postseason QB's of 2012 ranked the following in QB rating during the regular season: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th,13th, 14th,22nd and 26th.

The first 4 QBs out were the ones ranked 26th, 22nd, 14th, and 3rd. And the 3rd ranked QB (Rg3) was eliminated by the 4th ranked QB (Wilson).

8 of the top 10 QB's made the postseason.

3 of the top 15 QBs are AFC North QB's. The other AFC North QB...29th.

I have about 15 counter points to your stupid argument and I'm drunk and operating on 1 hour of sleep on 72 hours of work.

I know you wish that this was the AFC North of old, where guys could leave their blue collar jobs and walk to the stadium with their lunch pails and watch a tough nosed RB grind out 100 hard fought yards and beat the opposing team 14-7. But it's not. Nowadays, if you score 14 points in the NFL...you more than likely are going to lose by 10.

Trent Richardson led us to 5 wins. That's it. Those are the facts. Blame OL all you want but we have two first rounders, a second rounder and a third rounder on our line...which is a lot more invested that other teams are.

We have a lot of holes, but until we get a franchise QB we will never win. Those are the facts. You can either choose to be an adult and accept it or bitch about trivial matters and think you're right when you're not.

The right QB changes everything.

I know you're going to say, but we've had 17 QBs and no one did anything...so it must be something else.

Look at the QB's we've had. Which one has gone on to have a career anywhere else? Outside of Tim Couch, when was the last time we even attempted to draft a franchise QB? Weeden? He was a late 1st round flyer who would have slipped to the second (or third). McCoy? He was a mid round project QB. Quinn? He was projected a top 10 pick and fell to 22 after concerns about a lack of an NFL caliber arm and unprofessional attitude.

We just kind of take a questionable pick and then go "Well, we'll take whatever QB is on the board with our next pick."

Couch was the only time in recent history we've taken a franchise QB and he was fucked from jump street.

EDIT: and we're getting new uni's next year

wow, you talk a lot when you're drunk.

what did i say in my post that you totally disagree with?

uh, yes it's cold snowy and windy in the winter months in cleveland correct? how do QBs usually stack up under those conditions?

that's all. sure if weeden were smart enough he might do it. josh freeman is big and strong enough to do it.

RG3, i think not.

listen dude i don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

but i agree whole-heartedly about couch. the minute i saw him in the hall of fame game throw the over the shoulder 30 yarder to KJ i thought we were back for real and in good condition. too bad butch loaded up on defensive busts instead of OLinemen.

i mean really.

initial reaction is this poll sucks.

well I'm so glad u opened read it. Had time to come up with ur brilliant troll comment. Figured out ur way too gutless to put ur opinion out their how u feel about it. Good thing its not something nobody cares what the hell u think tool.

Erie Dawg is an ignorant fool and I'm not sure what you are. Sometimes you're alright but usually you sound a bit like you're on a three day meth bender. Whether you Like it or not dancin' Trent is a colt now. Sack up and realize it. The only way out is through.

By the way you're all crying because an exceedingly average football player got traded! Is this really how empty your life is?

Cysko your a bitch, period.

All your doing is going to every t-rich thread G responded too and kicking his fire. Your trolling for an argument that's it.

I gave him a shot when it happened and dropped it.

BTW no tears from me. The trade could work, I just don't think the timing was right for this years draft. But this whole thing was set in motion last year during the draft when we started trading-(swapping) picks.

wow, you talk a lot when you're drunk.

what did i say in my post that you totally disagree with?

uh, yes it's cold snowy and windy in the winter months in cleveland correct? how do QBs usually stack up under those conditions?

that's all. sure if weeden were smart enough he might do it. josh freeman is big and strong enough to do it.

RG3, i think not.

listen dude i don't even know what this thread is about anymore.

but i agree whole-heartedly about couch. the minute i saw him in the hall of fame game throw the over the shoulder 30 yarder to KJ i thought we were back for real and in good condition. too bad butch loaded up on defensive busts instead of OLinemen.

My point is that were a QB away from competing. Not a CB away. Not a OL away.

Yes, we do need a #2 corner. Yes we probably need at least one guard. Yes we need a #2 WR. But first and foremost we need a QB.

A good QB and we win 8 games.

We haven't had the nutsack to go out and get a good one in 10 years. We keep settling for mediocre ones and that's proven to be completely ineffective.

Archived