Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

Its really hard to say. We don't know where the Colts draft pick will be, for all we know it could be top 10. Especially if Luck goes down due to his lousy line. Or they could be in the superbowl. The quality of the player we can get right now for that pick is really variable.

I'm of the thought that running backs are a dime a dozen. So the browns are ahead by default...though sort of down since they drafted t rich in the first place. Give me a cheap 5th round scat back like Dion Lewis and I'm perfectly content.

I think the move helped ensure we will be able to snag a 1st round QB with our pick and then a WR or CB with that colts pick. Or package them up if its at all possible, to snag the top QB.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the worst sports travesty since Lebron James went to south beach.

We had a franchise runningback that was the new face of the franchise.

He brought in a new generation of fans. All of Ohio is down in the dumps right now. Lombardi has to be in hiding, there must be a price on his head by now.

My point is that were a QB away from competing. Not a CB away. Not a OL away.

Yes, we do need a #2 corner. Yes we probably need at least one guard. Yes we need a #2 WR. But first and foremost we need a QB.

A good QB and we win 8 games.

We haven't had the nutsack to go out and get a good one in 10 years. We keep settling for mediocre ones and that's proven to be completely ineffective.

you don't think the jury is still out on weeden? i mean we did use a number one pick for him. he looked really good in some of the preseason games and had moments in the first 2 where people actually thought that hey he's starting to get it.

OR

do we trade him away too?

just asking.

I consider the trade to be a positive for the Browns....just wish the timing was better. However, you have to make the deal when the opportunity presents itself. The only reral problem I see is, while the first round pick is more value than Richardson, to most NFL teams, is it really that valuable to us?.....given our history of drafting?

We could have gotten:

First Round Pick

Second Round Pick

Fourth Round Pick

Second Round Pick

This is the Price to receive a franchise runningback.

dude WE are not crying. get it?

you just keep stickin the knife in PoG's side.

we all know the guy is gone but can you let the dude have his 'mourning period' for christs' sake.

you sound like a bully on the playground. nah nah nahnah nah.

Ha! Theres 27 pages of this whiny end of the world crap. Pog is NOT the only one butthurt enough to threaten to boycott the browns over it. He's simply the loudest mouth on the subject.

We had a franchise runningback that was the new face of the franchise.

He brought in a new generation of fans. All of Ohio is down in the dumps right now. Lombardi has to be in h iding, there must be a price on his head by now.

Come on, man. Seriously?

I have calmed down some since Wednesday (I wanted to burn my season tickets when I first heard about it). This is an unusual trade by NFL standards, as for the most part, trades aren't very common, especially once the season starts. This is a big time PR disaster IMHO, as there must have been 20,000 T Rich shirts/jerseys at the opener...I haven't seen a player so popular since Kosar.

Short term- Colts should be the big winners. It will be interesting to see T Rich on astroturf the rest of the year. I see the Colts game is on TV in our area Sunday, but I don't know how he'll do vs. the 49ers- I doubt he makes a big impact this week. The Colts now have 2 of the top 3 picks from 2012, so I'd expect them to at least win the AFC South.

Long term- all speculation of course, but the Browns can't blow this pick. I hope they don't trade picks either, I want players (who contribute). If Banner is the genius he thinks he is, we'll be ok.

Always a fan, but I'm just as sick about the constant rebuilding as anybody. Somehow, someway, beat the Ratbirds, Cincy, & Squealers this season and I can calm down even more.

I have calmed down some since Wednesday (I wanted to burn my season tickets when I first heard about it). This is an unusual trade by NFL standards, as for the most part, trades aren't very common, especially once the season starts. This is a big time PR disaster IMHO, as there must have been 20,000 T Rich shirts/jerseys at the opener...I haven't seen a player so popular since Kosar.

Short term- Colts should be the big winners. It will be interesting to see T Rich on astroturf the rest of the year. I see the Colts game is on TV in our area Sunday, but I don't know how he'll do vs. the 49ers- I doubt he makes a big impact this week. The Colts now have 2 of the top 3 picks from 2012, so I'd expect them to at least win the AFC South.

Long term- all speculation of course, but the Browns can't blow this pick. I hope they don't trade picks either, I want players (who contribute). If Banner is the genius he thinks he is, we'll be ok.

Always a fan, but I'm just as sick about the constant rebuilding as anybody. Somehow, someway, beat the Ratbirds, Cincy, & Squealers this season and I can calm down even more.

we haven't truly rebuilt since we've been back

we haven't truly rebuilt since we've been back

I know...poor wording on my part.

How about..."the promise of a complete rebulid" by the lastest & greatest new regime? Aw fuuuuuuuuuuu

We got good value for Richardson, but we won't know who got the better part of this deal for a couple of more years, If the Browns are betting on a franchise QB,

it's up to them to pick one. (personally, right now I believe strictly based on playing the game, and not off the field stuff, Manziel is way above the rest)

ONE LATE FIRST ROUND PICK?!

THAT IS NOT GOOD VALUE!!

Pretty much a second rounder after the fact. Jim Irsay would have been willing to give up MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more to get Richardson.

#The MOTHER OF ALL TRADES!

#SHOCK AND AWE!!!

Like I said, the Falcons gave up much more to move up from 22 or so to pick Julio Jones... this is a worse deal by a great down and distance!

I'll never understand that trade... ^_^

This one? Not so hard... moving on now...

Trent was not anything special with us but of course now that he's with Indy he'll probably run for 150 and 3 tds tomorrow.

By the end of the college season there will be a clear number one quarterback that pulls ahead of the pack and we'll be 1 or 2 draft slots shy of snagging him.

The leftover QB will probably be a bust and we'll be "rebuilding" again come 2015-16.

That just how it works out for the Browns.

Barnwell and Simmons have good thoughts on the trade over on grantland.com

I bet most won't read that, because they can't, or won't, understand the facts. They see "a vessel... a damn fine specimen" (PoeticG) but somehow miss the putrid, stunning numbers over his entire short career with the Browns. Somehow, there is always an excuse for those horrific stats, but yet AP and MJD are both saddled with many of the same issues that our fans say are the cause for Trent's lack of production, but yet they both flourish.............Why? Because they are both superior talents, and Trent is well, ordinary, nothing special.

I hate this. Trent was our workhorse. Traded for what will be nearly a second round pick. I want Lombardi GONE. I want Banner GONE. And if Chudzinski is as dumb as he looks for going along with trading his best player, I want him GONE as well. Do you hear me HASLAM? Do you fucking hear your fans!? Cleveland doesn't like this, and it doesn't matter WHO you pick with that pick. We wanted TRENT HERE... SMH

G do you hear yourself? "trading his best player"....Really? So let's listen to what you said there: The Browns BEST PLAYER has career stats below the NFL's average at the position. Say again, our BEST PLAYER had stats below the average NFL RB.........No wonder we can't score a fucking TD. Our BEST PLAYER is below other teams' average player........Wow, thanks for pointing out just how screwed we really are.

All my Steeler friends are just shaking their heads. When the Goddamn Steelers Fans are shaking their fucking heads.... just fucking wow. We'll never recover from this until Lombardi is done. He's a joke. I could care or give a fuck less about the handful of pussies that can't take me whining about this kind of shit all the time. There are people out there that feel just like I do... as a matter of fact.

Walk down the streets of Alliance Ohio, 20 minutes NE from the Pro Football Hall of Fame and there you will find, what I describe as, Lombardi's Lobotomies. A once proud and hopeful pack of people, donning the orange and brown, fierce and determined. It's like a sergeant has been taken down right in front of us.

Where do you live? Look at where I live. I'm telling you that it's much different if you are in the North East right now. It's going to get cold soon. Cabin Fever makes us Crazy. You just pissed off a bunch of rabid Browns fans that are about to be on lockdown for a couple of months watching their runningback on another team, for another championship, while we're watching our draftpick become later and later... So quit telling me that you are an idiot and a sheep and show some balls and speak out against it. Silent voices are not heard, or even worse; misunderstood.

Dude, if I felt that Trent was a true NFL elite RB, I would be just as angry as you.....But I don't, and he is not. If you can show me something I missed in the 17 games he played for us, I'm all yours. Show me the stats that back up your idea that Trent is elite, and no, I don't want a selfie with you in front of your poster of Trent in a thong. :lol:

Dude, if I felt that Trent was a true NFL elite RB, I would be just as angry as you.....But I don't, and he is not. If you can show me something I missed in the 17 games he played for us, I'm all yours. Show me the stats that back up your idea that Trent is elite, and no, I don't want a selfie with you in front of your poster of Trent in a thong. :lol:

Okay. You're on. I'll let you know that I deal in real life though and not stat lines. I go behind the lines. Give me a little bit and I'll show you what you are missing. By the way, where do you live? Is it in Ohio?

I'll be back but I just found this real quick before I go...

97-year-old Browns fan reacts to trade

newsnet5.com

updated 9/20/2013 3:45:30 AM ET

Bette Mizer loves to talk with anyone about her beloved Cleveland Browns, but she's not happy about the decision to trade Trent Richardson.Mizer is 97-years-old so she has plenty of experience when it comes to dealing with the ups and downs of the brown and orange.

"We just lost Trent Richardson who we just hired this last year and he's gone far away to the Indianapolis Colts," Mizer said. Mizer, of Massillon, volunteers once a week at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. She greets visitors, asking them which NFL team is their favorite. There is no doubt which team she likes the most. Her lifelong love affair dates back more than 90 years, when at the age of 6 she started going to Browns games with her father.When the Browns won their last championship in 1964, Mizer was in the stadium.

"The mood was fantastic. Why wouldn't it be?" she said. Mizer's mood wasn't great when she learned of the Richardson trade. The running back was becoming her favorite player after the Browns didn't re-sign her previous favorite. "I always liked Phil Dawson, the kicker, but now he's gone," she said. Mizer explained that she'll always support the Browns, adding that "she's too old to change teams now. "She hopes the new regime has a plan in place to bring home a Super Bowl before she turns 100. And then, she repeated a familiar refrain known by Browns fans across the globe: "Wait until next year."

Archived