THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine & Farmer fired what's next?

hoorta

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Others are posting that we are just going to love his choice of GM. LOL I keep getting this sick feeling it will be Bernie.

Here's the thing.......whats to love about ANY GM that cant make picks or decide the roster???

Whether they are calling him that or not....SHASHI is your Gm, if he's the decision maker(and he is)......so its already a done deal....

Shashi Brown = New GM

I know Jim Brown is old but so what! He's got to be better than Farmer! When Brown called Trent Richardson mediocre before he played a single game that was great!

I'm with Mud on this one. Just because the guy is smart (Harvard Law School grad) doesn't mean he can set up an NFL roster with any competence. Must have minored in hypnotism- because he's sure got Jimmy convinced.

I left out a key word it should have read "lets see if this link works" cause the first one went down rather quick.

Anyhow we can easily call Sashi Brown "Little Joe" as in Joe Banner

so we our looking for a "director of player personnel" only? to head of scouting & scouts good luck finding that guy. Marrone will shit Tuesday (something Brown)

Mack will opt out, Schwartz will walk, Joe will asked to be traded, they will cut Manziel and Gilbert, Josh Gordon just said fuck it and sparked up a J, Chud just pulled the car around to pick up another one of his paycheck and told Pet and Farmer it's a "sweet gig boys!"As they walked by with their box full of stuff.

This is hilarious.

My guess as to what's going on? the owner owes A LOT of money. He wants to make a quick profit when he sells the team, so he's just going to try switching things around until their win record goes up, then he'll sell the team real quick, and make some quick money.

Problem is it is not that simple to build a winning team...

YEP.....

And he mentioned how critical QB's are and then....immediately said.......and we have the 2nd pick.....

So.....hinted at QB early....

I can tell you exactly how these next two seasons will go almost down to the player we'll draft and how it's going to turn out.

We've all seen this act before, only things that change are the years.

I can tell you exactly how these next two seasons will go almost down to the player we'll draft and how it's going to turn out.

We've all seen this act before, only things that change are the years.

And....he said no big $ free agents....we are building through the draft.....

So, there go my linebackers.....

You mean he was with the Jaguars, I'm on board now.

He was behind the idea of putting that swimming pool in the corner of the stadium.

After all, it wasn't like Jacksonville was going to sell tickets for those empty seats just sitting there.

Holy Shit!!! Sashi Fuckin' Brown!

A guy whose last name appears to be his strongest credential for his new job...

Here's the thing.......whats to love about ANY GM that cant make picks or decide the roster???

Whether they are calling him that or not....SHASHI is your Gm, if he's the decision maker(and he is)......so its already a done deal....

Shashi Brown = New GM

Yup... and the new "GM" in title will in effect be the Head Scout! That ought to bring 'em running...

And we got a search firm to boot... yippee! Means Jimmah gets to close his Bratenahl digs for the winter.

Just got the above parts of Haslam's presser and had to take a break.

That asshole should just do us all a favor and sell the team to someone that knows what they are doing.

@TonyGrossi

Browns HCs fired by Jimmy Haslam since 2013: Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine: GMs fired: Tom Heckert, Mike Lombardi, Ray Farmer.

All except perhaps Heckert deserved the ax.....so I am not blaming Jimmy for that.

So a guy who has no experience in building a roster or running a draft will now decide both for the team? Good grief...

Pick Bosa #2 because we're still gonna suck and we can draft a QB in the top 5 next year.

I could have picked our drafts as well using a Street and Smith's guide as the so called professionals that have been doing it for a while.......so that lack of experience may not bother me as much.

4 straight coaches have had 2 years or less...but this time we will be patient.

Fucking Retard.

Bottom line: I have no problem being patient with seemingly competence. I have no problem being impatient with clear gross incompetence.

That is my perspective.

And an observation: we have not yet seen seemingly competence at work here.

Others are posting that we are just going to love his choice of GM. LOL I keep getting this sick feeling it will be Bernie.

Jimmy obviously doesn't understand the he and his "non traditional" structure are the problem. Its a shame he wasn't convicted and removed prior to this season.

The structure is not the issue...... who gives a shit about the structure. There are 32 NFL teams and 32 different structures.

It is the competence of the people that hold the positions....regardless of that structure.

This structure has been used here before: Holmgrem: VP of Football operations, Heckert GM...Shurmur or whoever HC.

Nothing much different here except the names and the background of Holmgrem vs. Brown. And we know that the choice of the SB winning coach/GM was a disaster. So....we now have an analytics guy in place. It can't be any worse.

Play like a Sashi!

I'm a fan of analytics being used as a tool to help make the final decision and I guess that's what they mean by him having a say in the final roster

I'm a fan of chickens, especially experienced chickens, having final say on all draft picks.

Between analytics and the chickens, what could possibly go wrong?

The guys on NFL Network are killing us right now. To sum it up: "Who in their right mind would want to go to Cleveland where the head coach reports to the owner, and the GM reports to a guy with no football experience".

Also, they believe with the way the Browns have structured things, that other teams "can deny permission for their own guys to interview for the GM job"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I think we should wait and see what happens before we condemn people. I'm not aware of seeing any job descriptions for the role of VP so we only have what Haslam said in his press conference. I'd be amazed if our new VP would over rule an experienced HC&GM If they were keen on certain players. Just presuming of course as I would have expected amiable communication between front office and coaching staff too.

I'm interested to see who we appoint and then how they gel. As Gipper says it's actually about competence not structures. Competent, effective people make things work and are dynamic and positive- generally. There should also be good communication and flexibility between the decision makers.

As London Dawg says, there is nothing wrong with someone who is good at analysis, so lets wait and see.

I know you guys have seen this all before, but at some point it's going to turn around.

The guys on NFL Network are killing us right now. To sum it up: "Who in their right mind would want to go to Cleveland where the head coach reports to the owner, and the GM reports to a guy with no football experience".

Also, they believe with the way the Browns have structured things, that other teams "can deny permission for their own guys to interview for the GM job"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The guys on NFL Network may have absolutely no imagination or creativity. They just want to criticise to criticise. They have no clue. Like I said: 32 teams/32 structures.

Talent will out. We have just had poor talent (in the FO...and some on the field).

As you say Gipper it's all about the people. Appoint the right people in the right places and we move forward. Cut incompetence and blockers/negativity and be positive. Simple formula not always easy to achieve, but Haslam seems determined.

Archived