THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine & Farmer fired what's next?

hoorta

This is why I kinda like Haslam still. The guy has no idea how to run an NFL team - but at least he's trying and involved.

People say they miss Lerner, Lerner couldn't even care enough to pay attention to anything that was going on in Berea.

Haslam will get it right....eventually. Preferably he gets it right this time around, though. Hiring that firm or whatever is probably a good move for them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm optimistic that Haslam is trying his best. I'll still be hopeful that we will get a good coach and GM. However, I think we need a chain of command where the coach reports to the GM, and the GM to the owner. Having the GM and coach the same rank didn't work with Farmer and Pettine obviously.

And let us not forget that the now mighty Bengals had a much sorrier group of players and coaches when Marvin Lewis took over, and he had no HC experience and an owner the NFL considered a laughing stock.

Same could be said of Madden at Raiders, Johnson at Dallas and Gibbs at Washington. All laughing stocks at the time, but were turned around, and excepting the Bengals won SBs?

Gotta believe fellow Dawgs! We bark together and we will bite together!

"We'll be patient, because we're not going to turn a 3-13 team into a 13-3 team in one year". - Jimmy Haslam

Patience Jimmah?...that lie ranks right up there with "I won't cum in your mouth"!

fucking haslem...what a fucking charlatan...fuck....this guy knows jack shit about football...

fucking haslem...what a fucking charlatan...fuck....this guy knows jack shit about football...

heard on 680 the fan down here in hotlanta that the browns are interested in some fucking defensive coordinator from the lions...cannot remember his name...wonderful, just fucking wonderful...Of course if we hire him, shitlem will say what he said about pettine..."we got our guy"...and all the rah rah board members that like fucklam will rejoice with glee....

This is why I kinda like Haslam still. The guy has no idea how to run an NFL team - but at least he's trying and involved.

People say they miss Lerner, Lerner couldn't even care enough to pay attention to anything that was going on in Berea.

Haslam will get it right....eventually. Preferably he gets it right this time around, though. Hiring that firm or whatever is probably a good move for them.

Has Daniel Snyder got it right yet?

He's had many more years.

Regardless, Haslam is better than the non-existent Lerner was.

That's my point. Snyder has had a lot of time to get it right but hasn't.

Comparing Lerners vs Haslam is like comparing Homeless Guy Shit vs Dog Shit

I don't know how anyone who watched that clown show of a presser last night could support a single thing that fool says. Two years ago he said the same shit about Pettine and Farmer. He took 30 seconds to say it was his fault and then 20 minutes blaming everyone else. "I'm cautiously optimistic we can bring in a quality coach for the Cleveland Browns", are you fucking serious. He hit the reset button to be cautiously optimistic. For fucks sake he should've had a plan 6 weeks ago. "We aren't going to spend a lot of money in free agency, we're going to build through the draft", you get draft picks every fucking year and their contracts are structured. It's not like you can cut all your veterans and pick 30 players in the 2016 draft. "QB play wasn't the reason we lost this year, it was good but it wasn't terrible, but we do have the second pick". Great your team has no direction and more holes than swish cheese and what are you going to think of adding, that's right, a rookie fucking QB.....FUCK

Starting with a franchise QB isn't a bad plan really, especially when there actually is one that'll be available at #2 this year ;)

If it were up to me, as of today there would only be 2 QB's on the roster.

McCown & Shaw, I would add another via the draft.

And let us not forget that the now mighty Bengals had a much sorrier group of players and coaches when Marvin Lewis took over, and he had no HC experience and an owner the NFL considered a laughing stock.

Same could be said of Madden at Raiders, Johnson at Dallas and Gibbs at Washington. All laughing stocks at the time, but were turned around, and excepting the Bengals won SBs?

Gotta believe fellow Dawgs! We bark together and we will bite together!

Poor Madden he took over one of the biggest laughing stocks of all time. A team that was 25 & 3 in its previous two seasons including Super Bowl 2.

Gibbs took over a teams that was 10 & 6 then 6 & 10 and took them to and won the Super Bowl in his 2nd year.

As Gipper says it's actually about competence not structures. Competent, effective people make things work and are dynamic and positive- generally. There should also be good communication and flexibility between the decision makers.

The problem is that organizational structure can either enhance or undermine the desired relationships.

And the one we now have is worse than that which preceded it...

And if Haslam is determined he will attract equally determined people.

lol... how'd that go the first time around?

Jimmah should have "determined" that he had an on-going role in the last organization.

lol... how'd that go the first time around?

Jimmah should have "determined" that he had an on-going role in the last organization.

Don't bring logic and facts into this. Just because some of us were saying that this is exactly what would happen if you "fire everyone" doesn't mean we should keep reminding them of that...

Oh wait...yes we absolutely should keep reminding them of that. I wish it was more fun to be right though....it kinda sucks.

Involved part-time at best...

If Jimmah was a "presence" in the org then things between Farmer and Pet would not have spiraled to the depths they did.

When two employees who cannot work together directly report to the same person, the fault lies with their immediate manager.

Involved part-time at best...

If Jimmah was a "presence" in the org then things between Farmer and Pet would not have spiraled to the depths they did.

When two employees who cannot work together directly report to the same person, the fault lies with their immediate manager.

Exactly.....it was very clear that those 2 reported to Farmer.....and now we all know that they couldnt agree on things and, basically, blamed each other for the teams shortcomings....

And Haslem had set himself up as the only possible mediator in this situation.....and OBVIOUSLY did nothing when things went downhill...

So.....whether you think he's highly committed, or not.....Haslem has basically done what Lerner did.....hire and hand off....

And he definitely wasnt there to lead when it was needed most.....

and, now, due to his lack of involvement, lack of leadership and inability to handle his staff.....they are fired and a new "more agreeable" staff is on it's way......

should we just expect a solid group of yes men???....

Can't tell if serious....?

Totally.

Goff might be the next sure thing franchise QB. We'll have to wait until after the combine and interviews and other things to get a better idea about him.

If I'm the Browns, I don't see how I'd pass up on him as I see it today. That may change between now and draft day, though.

We'll get a better idea as time goes on - but check the kid out, he has basically all the skills other young QBs can take years to learn - or not learn at all (pocket awareness and movement, mechanics, footwork, quick release - can do it all while going through his progressions quickly)

The hype train for him will gain steam up until draft day, book it.

Starting with a franchise QB isn't a bad plan really, especially when there actually is one that'll be available at #2 this year ;)

Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel all QBs that "so-called" paid professional deemed a franchise QB, how'd that work out.

I think Andrew Luck is a franchise guy and look at what playing on a shitty team did to him this season, nearly got him killed.

Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel all QBs that "so-called" paid professional deemed a franchise QB, how'd that work out.

I think Andrew Luck is a franchise guy and look at what playing on a shitty team did to him this season, nearly got him killed.

If Andrew Luck was sitting on the board at #2 in 2016 you wouldn't take him because we have a shitty team?

I'm not saying Goff is Andrew Luck - just that he has that type of potential.

Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel are entirely different situations. Couch may have been successful, but our situation also isn't the same as it was in 99'

Despite the people who say we have a bottom of the barrel OLine...we don't.

If we lose Schwartz and Thomas then I guess we might have some big problems.

If Andrew Luck was sitting on the board at #2 in 2016 you wouldn't take him because we have a shitty team?

I'm not saying Goff is Andrew Luck - just that he has that type of potential.

Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel are entirely different situations. Couch may have been successful, but our situation also isn't the same as it was in 99'

Despite the people who say we have a bottom of the barrel OLine...we don't.

If we lose Schwartz and Thomas then I guess we might have some big problems.

Andrew Luck is a once, maybe twice in a generation talent.

I would not take any other QB drafted in the first round since 2010 and that would include Newton.

The Browns don't do anything well. I understand it's all the coaches fault but the truth they aren't good at anything, for god sake they can't kick a 50 yard FG.

Luck is overrated imo.

as is e. manning, matt ryan, flacco, rivers, tannehill, bradford, stafford...

give McCown a legit blue chip #1WR like Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Antonio Brown/Julio Jones/Odell Beckham/Josh Flash Gordon etc and a satisfactory running game and i think he'd surprise us quite a bit.

Hartline has a flat tire and the shrimps have taken up residency in the "what's all the fuss i'm just fuckin concussed" crew.

appears Pryor and T Benj have the highest ceilings in my opinion. add a blue chip receiving TE to Gary and the above and I think they can do damage to anyone.

Josh is the QB bar fellow teammates must overcome for the start. his numbers are good and i'd roll with him ala carson palmer/fitzpatrick but he's a little too passionately volatile--his heart is one of his biggest strengths while directly at odds with his durability (!).

not an austin davis fan, he's "ordinary" as someone once said about another Brownie...

i do like Goff. whether it's him or someone else sufficiently adequate i hope we take a gamble and draft one high w the 2nd overall.

adios Farmer and MP. i truly was lobbying for another year, sorry it didn't work out Fellas.

give the fam my best and good luck to da both of youz.

Mccown still has a couple years in him I think, but we do have to have his replacement.

We extended Davis but I don't remember for how much guaranteed or anything.

I'd be OK with:

QB1: McCown

QB2: Rookie

QB3: Shaw

Or

QB1: Goff

QB2: McCown

QB3: Shaw

I'd rather have Shaw on the team than Davis if we do 3 QBs

Luck is overrated imo.

as is e. manning, matt ryan, flacco, rivers, tannehill, bradford, stafford...

give McCown a Calvin Johnson/AJ Green/Antonio Brown/Julio Jones/Odell Beckham/Josh Flash Gordon and a satisfactory running game and i think he'd surprise us quite a bit.

Hartline has a flat tire and the shrimps have taken up residency in the "what's all the fuss i'm just fuckin concussed" crew.

Josh is the QB bar fellow teammates must overcome for the start. his numbers are good and i'd roll with him ala carson palmer/fitzpatrick but he's a little too passionately volatile--his heart is one of his biggest strengths while directly at odds with his durability (!).

not an austin davis fan, he's "ordinary" as someone once said about another Brownie once.

i do like Goff. whether it's him or someone else sufficiently adequate i hope we take a gamble and draft one high w the 2nd overall.

adios Farmer and MP. i truly was lobbying for another year, sorry it didn't work out Fellas.

give the fam my best and good luck to da both of youz.

When Carson Palmer is being compare to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Mccown, I gotta go

When Carson Palmer is being compare to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Mccown, I gotta go

you wanted the gm and hc back for another 3-13 season...jeeeeeez....good lord...oh and by the way, e manning has multiple superbowl victories and flacco has 1 so far...you are calling them overated...you need a shrink...

Archived